Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
4000 Goals in Blackburn Lancashire ..match thread. 08:18 - Nov 6 with 31022 viewsconnell10

2-2 Dykes both Goals

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

4000 Goals in Blackburn Lancashire ..match thread. on 17:38 - Nov 7 with 1925 viewshook_hoops

4000 Goals in Blackburn Lancashire ..match thread. on 17:12 - Nov 7 by Lblock

Six wins in twenty one is it?

Really unlucky today.
Gaffer had them well drilled - switched on defensively, no weak academy players giving the ball away edge of oppositions box and allowing quick counters. No silly bookings early doors, good discipline.
Really unlucky we couldn't get out at all at times and use our pace up top.
Cameron and Carroll immense in the middle - first to everything, strong as ox's and pulling strings.

It's a relentless league, got to win first contacts, take chances, if Toddy's had gone in and not hit the post it's a different game, goals change games, 6th lowest budget
We go again

Ah, there you are, missed you the last couple of games!
4000 Goals in Blackburn Lancashire ..match thread. on 17:38 - Nov 7 with 1921 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

4000 Goals in Blackburn Lancashire ..match thread. on 17:16 - Nov 7 by Lblock

Yes by the same geezer who worked on your happy clapper hands

We do this dance after every defeat LBlock.

Fair enough, you are more cynical than most which is fine, you are not alone in that outlook. But your venom is so reliable, deliberate, and said with relish that I sometimes feel that it’s trying to cause the most pain possible to posters post defeat who don’t share such a negative outlook. It feels like it’s purposely trying to beat the optimists among us into submission.

Maybe I’m reading your tone wrong and I am just a blinkered happy clapper but I dread defeats not just on the basis of a QPR loss, but on the basis that this forum becomes difficult to read.
4000 Goals in Blackburn Lancashire ..match thread. on 17:38 - Nov 7 with 1921 viewsjoolsyp

Not too downbeat after that. Poor first half but a really good spell second where we showed how dangerous we are when we play on the front foot and get at teams. Willock and Kakay made a big difference when they came on, good early subs for once.

I'd be very surprised if Blackburn aren't top 6 by the end of the season. I still think we'll be 14th-18th which I'll happily take.
4000 Goals in Blackburn Lancashire ..match thread. on 17:41 - Nov 7 with 1890 viewsManinBlack

It just seems to be the case that we can't even draw at Ewood since leaving the last century. I had hoped that if they were without a fair few players we would get something today. Still if we must cram so many games into a short space of time it makes winning game after game more difficult.

I didn't see the game but the reporter on the Beeb reckoned the third goal was a truer reflection of the difference between the teams. All part of the money influencing results more often than not.
4000 Goals in Blackburn Lancashire ..match thread. on 17:51 - Nov 7 with 1822 viewsVancouverHoop

4000 Goals in Blackburn Lancashire ..match thread. on 17:33 - Nov 7 by Ned_Kennedys

Beaten by a better team but poor team selection: Carroll was dreadful and Chair was poor out wide. Dieng kept us in it. Willock impressive and should start from now on. Cameron did well.

I agree with most of that. Though I think Carroll was better second half. It comes down to two things, Chair out left just doesn't work, neither for him nor anyone else. Willock should have started in that position. If he's truly only got one half in him, make it the first half.
4000 Goals in Blackburn Lancashire ..match thread. on 18:02 - Nov 7 with 1766 viewsjoe90

4000 Goals in Blackburn Lancashire ..match thread. on 17:12 - Nov 7 by PinnerPaul

Harsh to say the least - they didn't get out of their half for 15mins after they scored the 2nd and THAT came against the run of play.

They deserved to win, but we also deserved our goal.

Much better game than Weds as well I thought.

I don't think it's harsh, they scored three and we got a questionable penalty. It wasn't our day, I'm not worried about our performance. Today we showed a lack of intensity and struggled in the final third which has been an issue for us in previous games, but we've also seen what the team can do. I think overall there's more positives than negatives but today we have to give Blackburn their dues.
4000 Goals in Blackburn Lancashire ..match thread. on 18:36 - Nov 7 with 1619 viewsjohncharles

4000 Goals in Blackburn Lancashire ..match thread. on 17:36 - Nov 7 by Superhoop83

Armstrong was the difference. Imagine him up front for us.

Maybe I'm in a good mood because of Biden winning, but after a very poor first half we played pretty well and I believe we will continue to improve.

I really like the look of Willock too.

Maybe you could your legal team to challenge the result in the courts

Strong and stable my arse.

4000 Goals in Blackburn Lancashire ..match thread. on 18:39 - Nov 7 with 1603 viewsNorthernr

4000 Goals in Blackburn Lancashire ..match thread. on 17:12 - Nov 7 by Lblock

Six wins in twenty one is it?

Really unlucky today.
Gaffer had them well drilled - switched on defensively, no weak academy players giving the ball away edge of oppositions box and allowing quick counters. No silly bookings early doors, good discipline.
Really unlucky we couldn't get out at all at times and use our pace up top.
Cameron and Carroll immense in the middle - first to everything, strong as ox's and pulling strings.

It's a relentless league, got to win first contacts, take chances, if Toddy's had gone in and not hit the post it's a different game, goals change games, 6th lowest budget
We go again

What a suprise, win two games in a week, absolute silence, first defeat, back with a flame thrower.
Login to get fewer ads

4000 Goals in Blackburn Lancashire ..match thread. on 18:47 - Nov 7 with 1556 viewshantssi

4000 Goals in Blackburn Lancashire ..match thread. on 17:38 - Nov 7 by BazzaInTheLoft

We do this dance after every defeat LBlock.

Fair enough, you are more cynical than most which is fine, you are not alone in that outlook. But your venom is so reliable, deliberate, and said with relish that I sometimes feel that it’s trying to cause the most pain possible to posters post defeat who don’t share such a negative outlook. It feels like it’s purposely trying to beat the optimists among us into submission.

Maybe I’m reading your tone wrong and I am just a blinkered happy clapper but I dread defeats not just on the basis of a QPR loss, but on the basis that this forum becomes difficult to read.

Agreed Baz, I hate us losing but dread coming on here more after we lose, it’s the same old same olds who you hardly ever hear from when we win.
I sometimes avoid it completely for a few days in the forlorn hope things will have calmed down a bit.
4000 Goals in Blackburn Lancashire ..match thread. on 18:48 - Nov 7 with 1546 viewsLblock

4000 Goals in Blackburn Lancashire ..match thread. on 17:35 - Nov 7 by T_Block

Sad f*****,poor human being -is that the best you can do ? Sheer Bigotry can't you have some respect.
Go on if you really believe that what is your name and address

Just for humour.... wanted to clarify who / what this is aimed at?

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

4000 Goals in Blackburn Lancashire ..match thread. on 18:52 - Nov 7 with 1529 viewsNorthernr

4000 Goals in Blackburn Lancashire ..match thread. on 18:47 - Nov 7 by hantssi

Agreed Baz, I hate us losing but dread coming on here more after we lose, it’s the same old same olds who you hardly ever hear from when we win.
I sometimes avoid it completely for a few days in the forlorn hope things will have calmed down a bit.

Same, and it's my fcking site.

Like I said earlier in the week, I feel like some have entrenched themselves so much down a rabbit hole that everything is terrible and the club is appallingly run, that they actually get some kind of weird rabid joy out of our defeats so they can give it a massive TOLD YOU SO. Our wins are a perverse disappointment. It's weird, and actually a bit sad.

Isn't it miraculous that these people are never watching when we win, or play well, with an enormously active social life, or a terribly faulty computer, but are always glued to our defeats with a fcking notepad and pen.

Offered six points at the start of the week, everybody would have said that was a success. We've played well for a game and a half, and poorly for a game and a half, and put six points on the board.

Looking forward to Digswell's LETZ GET MIK MCARTHER twtfest in an hour or so.

This post has been edited by an administrator
4000 Goals in Blackburn Lancashire ..match thread. on 19:06 - Nov 7 with 1461 viewsMyke

4000 Goals in Blackburn Lancashire ..match thread. on 16:59 - Nov 7 by Stanisgod

So they score the third in time added on for THEIR time wasting. When will these thick as sh#t refs ever learn

What are you suggesting?(A) Don't add on any time for time wasting
(B) Only allow the losing team to attack
4000 Goals in Blackburn Lancashire ..match thread. on 19:20 - Nov 7 with 1413 viewsdavman

4000 Goals in Blackburn Lancashire ..match thread. on 19:06 - Nov 7 by Myke

What are you suggesting?(A) Don't add on any time for time wasting
(B) Only allow the losing team to attack

A clock that only ticks when the ball is in play is the only way to sort this.

Can't blame any winning team; the rules are there for them to exploit...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

4000 Goals in Blackburn Lancashire ..match thread. on 19:25 - Nov 7 with 1384 viewsNorthernr

4000 Goals in Blackburn Lancashire ..match thread. on 19:20 - Nov 7 by davman

It is a persistent problem with Championship games, teams and referees. As soon as you're in front, start the clock running. I've seen teams wasting time in the first half hour.
Every Championship game I watch is the same.

You saw it today, QPR get a free kick, look to take it quickly, Brereton picks the ball up and walks off with it, nothing done about it. Ball goes out for a throw in, Blackburn chip it over the ad hoardings and into the stand, knowing we have to wait for a ball to come out of the non-Covid bucket to restart. Nothing done.

Referees are human beings, and football fans, and therefore perfectly capable of knowing, and do know, what's going on. But do nothing about it. Never more than two minutes added to a first half, regardless of what's happened. Never more than 4/5 minutes added to a second, similarly. The referees are complicit in it. When was the last time you saw a yellow card for time wasting?

I can't say who it was or what game, but a friend of mine is mates with a Championship referee who did one of our away games last season and he said, quote "their goalkeeper was even pissing me off with it in the second half, but QPR never said anything, so I didn't get involved".

Not the reason we lost that night, nor tonight, but it's infuriating to watch.

4000 Goals in Blackburn Lancashire ..match thread. on 19:29 - Nov 7 with 1363 viewsMyke

4000 Goals in Blackburn Lancashire ..match thread. on 18:52 - Nov 7 by Northernr

Like I said earlier in the week, I feel like some have entrenched themselves so much down a rabbit hole that everything is terrible and the club is appallingly run, that they actually get some kind of weird rabid joy out of our defeats so they can give it a massive TOLD YOU SO. Our wins are a perverse disappointment. It's weird, and actually a bit sad.

Isn't it miraculous that these people are never watching when we win, or play well, with an enormously active social life, or a terribly faulty computer, but are always glued to our defeats with a fcking notepad and pen.

Offered six points at the start of the week, everybody would have said that was a success. We've played well for a game and a half, and poorly for a game and a half, and put six points on the board.

Imagine the reaction to today's defeat if we hadn't turned the previous two draws into wins with late goals?
4000 Goals in Blackburn Lancashire ..match thread. on 19:29 - Nov 7 with 1363 viewsVancouverHoop

4000 Goals in Blackburn Lancashire ..match thread. on 19:20 - Nov 7 by davman

Based on North American sports that solution would add about half-an-hour to the match. Possibly longer in time.
4000 Goals in Blackburn Lancashire ..match thread. on 19:37 - Nov 7 with 1337 viewsNorthernr

4000 Goals in Blackburn Lancashire ..match thread. on 19:29 - Nov 7 by VancouverHoop

Based on North American sports that solution would add about half-an-hour to the match. Possibly longer in time.

The rugby league system works well, with a time keeper in the stand, and a shot clock on restarts. There was a Blackburn throw in today they spent a good minute over, in RL after 30 seconds that would have been turned round and given the other way.
4000 Goals in Blackburn Lancashire ..match thread. on 20:02 - Nov 7 with 1271 viewsVancouverHoop

4000 Goals in Blackburn Lancashire ..match thread. on 19:37 - Nov 7 by Northernr

The rugby league system works well, with a time keeper in the stand, and a shot clock on restarts. There was a Blackburn throw in today they spent a good minute over, in RL after 30 seconds that would have been turned round and given the other way.

I'm not familiar with the RL system, but if you stop the clock all the time when the ball is stationary – as per the NHL, NFL etc – then those periods tend to increase. You could penalise some by turning over the ball (throw-ins certainly) but could you do it with free-kicks, or corners, or goal-kicks?

BTW we did receive a turned over throw-in today, as it was taken from the wrong spot. First time I've seen that in awhile.
4000 Goals in Blackburn Lancashire ..match thread. on 20:15 - Nov 7 with 1233 viewsNorthernr

4000 Goals in Blackburn Lancashire ..match thread. on 20:02 - Nov 7 by VancouverHoop

I'm not familiar with the RL system, but if you stop the clock all the time when the ball is stationary – as per the NHL, NFL etc – then those periods tend to increase. You could penalise some by turning over the ball (throw-ins certainly) but could you do it with free-kicks, or corners, or goal-kicks?

BTW we did receive a turned over throw-in today, as it was taken from the wrong spot. First time I've seen that in awhile.

Hence the shot clock. Ball goes dead in rugby league you have 30 seconds to restart play otherwise you're penalised. If there's an injury or prologned stoppage, the time is called off. And when it's 80 it's done, regardless, no added time. Works so, so much better than football's farcical approach to time keeping.

Should add, it doesn;'t result in the 3-hour games we see in us sports.

4000 Goals in Blackburn Lancashire ..match thread. on 20:22 - Nov 7 with 1202 viewsMalintabuk

4000 Goals in Blackburn Lancashire ..match thread. on 17:07 - Nov 7 by stainrods_elbow

Isn't it a bit of a contradiction to say the two teams were evenly matched but they had better players where/when it mattered?

Not really when 6 or 7of the players are evenly matched it only takes the other 3 or 4 other players to make a difference to a result.... we were never out played and so evenly matched..... they just had a little more than us....
4000 Goals in Blackburn Lancashire ..match thread. on 20:26 - Nov 7 with 1181 viewsWegerles_Stairs

4000 Goals in Blackburn Lancashire ..match thread. on 18:52 - Nov 7 by Northernr

It works the other way too though - the happy clappers celebrate every victory like the end of Return of the Jedi. I think there's a middle ground where those of us who are cynical about the board recognise the merit of bringing players like Dieng through - but also want us to be setting our sights a bit higher than the lower reaches of the Championship for perpetuity.

A good week overall though.
4000 Goals in Blackburn Lancashire ..match thread. on 20:28 - Nov 7 with 1174 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

4000 Goals in Blackburn Lancashire ..match thread. on 17:36 - Nov 7 by Superhoop83

Armstrong was the difference. Imagine him up front for us.

Maybe I'm in a good mood because of Biden winning, but after a very poor first half we played pretty well and I believe we will continue to improve.

I really like the look of Willock too.

Willock pushing for Chair’s LW position I think. Ideally we can play them both.

Looked dangerous today.
4000 Goals in Blackburn Lancashire ..match thread. on 20:30 - Nov 7 with 1167 viewsBrianMcCarthy

4000 Goals in Blackburn Lancashire ..match thread. on 20:28 - Nov 7 by BazzaInTheLoft

Looked dangerous today.

Willock looks a serious threat.
Chair at 10 is the ideal.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

4000 Goals in Blackburn Lancashire ..match thread. on 20:31 - Nov 7 with 1159 viewsNorthernr

4000 Goals in Blackburn Lancashire ..match thread. on 20:28 - Nov 7 by BazzaInTheLoft

Looked dangerous today.

Chair 10 or not at all. Two from Willock, Adomah and Bright either side of him.
4000 Goals in Blackburn Lancashire ..match thread. on 20:33 - Nov 7 with 1333 viewsnix

I think cards is the only answer. Adding time doesn't solve the problem because they don't just do it to time waste, it also slows down momentum when you're on top.

Incidentally, why did he give Blackburn a free kick after playing advantage, actually giving them a double advantage, whereas he pulled the game back to give us a free kick in a worse position than Kakay was actually in by the time he blew the whistle? He also failed to give their players a booking for pulling Kakay back in a dangerous position but booked both Kane and Dickie for similar offences. It's the inconsistency again that hacks me off not the decisions per se. The kicking the ball away thing was really taking the piss.

Having said all that, they did play better than us overall and deserved to win. I'd like us to move the ball just a fraction quicker. But I'd certainly have taken six out of nine points for our last three games.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024