Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Wimbledon 18:05 - Nov 19 with 16263 viewsRochdaleAFC.com

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/rochdale/news/53423/match-preview-rochdal

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Wimbledon on 11:32 - Nov 20 with 5714 viewsdawlishdale

An important game tomorrow, against something of a bogey team for Dale. We hardly ever beat them at home.

I really hope that BBM will set the team up to attack them, and certainly not keep with the sideways passing about nonsense we have seen too often. Hopefully, Roberts back in replacing Jim will give us much needed calmness at the back and McLaughlin in for Keohane would be the changes I'd make. Who knows... we may even see Humph appear on the bench, although I would prefer him to be fully fit rather than rushed back.
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Wimbledon on 11:38 - Nov 20 with 5697 viewsrochdaleriddler

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Wimbledon on 11:32 - Nov 20 by dawlishdale

An important game tomorrow, against something of a bogey team for Dale. We hardly ever beat them at home.

I really hope that BBM will set the team up to attack them, and certainly not keep with the sideways passing about nonsense we have seen too often. Hopefully, Roberts back in replacing Jim will give us much needed calmness at the back and McLaughlin in for Keohane would be the changes I'd make. Who knows... we may even see Humph appear on the bench, although I would prefer him to be fully fit rather than rushed back.

I think it’s a game that we need to win. we need to play at a high tempo and attack , I don’t want to see us set up to avoid defeat

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Wimbledon on 11:50 - Nov 20 with 5686 viewsJames1980

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Wimbledon on 11:38 - Nov 20 by rochdaleriddler

I think it’s a game that we need to win. we need to play at a high tempo and attack , I don’t want to see us set up to avoid defeat

Totally agree and also we need to be utterly ruthless Send a message to the rest of the league. So teams that are going through a dip in form don't see us as an opportunity for getting their season back on track.
If Humphrys is fit enough to be on the bench would it be worth starting him and using Baah as sub if necessary?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Wimbledon on 12:07 - Nov 20 with 5668 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Let's face it....November has been a shit month on and off the pitch.

WE really need a fillip. Going out of two Trophies in a week means we can concentrate on the League.....let's see the evidence of this!

Big opportunity tomorrow........after a decent rest for the players. High tempo please and no pissing about at the back.
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Wimbledon on 12:49 - Nov 20 with 5598 viewsTVOS1907

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Wimbledon on 12:07 - Nov 20 by Yorkshire_Dale

Let's face it....November has been a shit month on and off the pitch.

WE really need a fillip. Going out of two Trophies in a week means we can concentrate on the League.....let's see the evidence of this!

Big opportunity tomorrow........after a decent rest for the players. High tempo please and no pissing about at the back.

Re. the 'decent rest for the players', I think it's only fair to point out that AFC Wimbledon have played only one match in November and that was on Tuesday 3rd.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Wimbledon on 13:09 - Nov 20 with 5570 viewsNigeriamark

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Wimbledon on 12:49 - Nov 20 by TVOS1907

Re. the 'decent rest for the players', I think it's only fair to point out that AFC Wimbledon have played only one match in November and that was on Tuesday 3rd.

but that's too long of a rest so they will be rusty. Our's is perfect length of time for a rest!!. I'm sure there is a logic in there

Minimum of 4 points required in the next 4 days, ideally 6
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Wimbledon on 13:17 - Nov 20 with 5555 viewsTVOS1907

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Wimbledon on 13:09 - Nov 20 by Nigeriamark

but that's too long of a rest so they will be rusty. Our's is perfect length of time for a rest!!. I'm sure there is a logic in there

Minimum of 4 points required in the next 4 days, ideally 6

Maybe. (Whatever happened to him?)

My point is that if we are going to use the fact we haven't played since 10th November as evidence of our 'rest', it has to be put into the context that our opponents have had a longer 'rest', as well as two fewer games in the calendar month.

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Wimbledon on 15:37 - Nov 20 with 5458 viewsfermin

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Wimbledon on 13:17 - Nov 20 by TVOS1907

Maybe. (Whatever happened to him?)

My point is that if we are going to use the fact we haven't played since 10th November as evidence of our 'rest', it has to be put into the context that our opponents have had a longer 'rest', as well as two fewer games in the calendar month.

On the other hand they have been at least partly in isolation for two weeks with some players only returning this Wednesday. https://www.afcwimbledon.co.uk/news/2020/november/glyns-update-as-dons-gear-up-f

They are also facing upcoming games on Tuesday, Thursday, Sunday(if they win on Thursday) and Tuesday, though we won't gain much from that.
Login to get fewer ads

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Wimbledon on 16:38 - Nov 20 with 5387 viewsDaleiLama

Good news on Humphrys

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Wimbledon on 19:53 - Nov 20 with 5231 viewsdingdangblue

Someone has tweeted about Bazunu injury.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Wimbledon on 09:07 - Nov 21 with 5099 viewsboromat

BBMs comments about having fierce competition for places over the next set of games is interesting. Yes we're back to a full squad but it's still small maybe he's now seeing something from the younger players as well. The choices for the bench are going to be as interesting as the starting 11 I think.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Wimbledon on 09:22 - Nov 21 with 5075 views442Dale

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Wimbledon on 09:07 - Nov 21 by boromat

BBMs comments about having fierce competition for places over the next set of games is interesting. Yes we're back to a full squad but it's still small maybe he's now seeing something from the younger players as well. The choices for the bench are going to be as interesting as the starting 11 I think.

The 5 subs rule change has almost made it a totally different game for managers. It’ll become very tactical around when those subs are made and how. We could see all five being used in a block at certain stages to impact the opposition immediately on energy levels alone. It’s actually quite interesting.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Wimbledon on 10:22 - Nov 21 with 5006 viewsJames1980

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Wimbledon on 09:22 - Nov 21 by 442Dale

The 5 subs rule change has almost made it a totally different game for managers. It’ll become very tactical around when those subs are made and how. We could see all five being used in a block at certain stages to impact the opposition immediately on energy levels alone. It’s actually quite interesting.

Is there an average time when the first sub is brought on in a match? I reckon around the 60-65 minute mark. The option of being able to bring on 2 extra subs will perhaps mean the first substitution will occur early on average.

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Wimbledon on 10:27 - Nov 21 with 4996 viewsblackdogblue

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Wimbledon on 10:22 - Nov 21 by James1980

Is there an average time when the first sub is brought on in a match? I reckon around the 60-65 minute mark. The option of being able to bring on 2 extra subs will perhaps mean the first substitution will occur early on average.

Bringing subs on adds onto time allowed, how many games have we conceded goals late on... could be a bad omen

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Wimbledon on 10:36 - Nov 21 with 4990 viewsisitme

Interesting about the increase in subs allowed. Hopefully it may help to reduce the number of fatigue injuries, but may favour those with deeper squads, although how many times have you seen mass substitutions lead to a disjointed performance for the rest of the game.

Hopefully Humphreys and Baah will provide us with more options in the final third. If Bazunu has broken his finger I am not too confident in Lynch starting for a prolonged period of time, but hopefully he will prove me wrong.
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Wimbledon on 10:46 - Nov 21 with 4972 viewsJames1980

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Wimbledon on 10:27 - Nov 21 by blackdogblue

Bringing subs on adds onto time allowed, how many games have we conceded goals late on... could be a bad omen

Isn't the general rule 30 secs per substitute? So potentially it could lead to an additional 5 minutes a game before any added time for other stoppages

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Wimbledon on 11:14 - Nov 21 with 4910 viewsDaleiLama

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Wimbledon on 10:46 - Nov 21 by James1980

Isn't the general rule 30 secs per substitute? So potentially it could lead to an additional 5 minutes a game before any added time for other stoppages

Each team only has three slots so you'd hope it would be quicker? Probably 2x2 and a 1 if you want to use all 5 or a 3 and two 1s. Interesting idea by 442 (user name not sub configuration). Five at once would be a blitzkrieg but a further injury could cause that to backfire. A 4 and one in the chamber might be slightly lower risk equivalent.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Wimbledon on 11:38 - Nov 21 with 4892 viewsJames1980

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Wimbledon on 11:14 - Nov 21 by DaleiLama

Each team only has three slots so you'd hope it would be quicker? Probably 2x2 and a 1 if you want to use all 5 or a 3 and two 1s. Interesting idea by 442 (user name not sub configuration). Five at once would be a blitzkrieg but a further injury could cause that to backfire. A 4 and one in the chamber might be slightly lower risk equivalent.

That's sensible having three slots per team rather than five. I could see games where a team is really struggling could see five subs being made but as you say that could be risky.

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Wimbledon on 12:31 - Nov 21 with 4797 viewsBarrowdale

I really dont want to waste another two hours of not being scared to go backwards, or Morley beating a man to pass to Bola in his own half. Please please attack. Lose 4-3 if we have to but no pssing around
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Wimbledon on 13:03 - Nov 21 with 4733 viewsjudd

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Wimbledon on 12:31 - Nov 21 by Barrowdale

I really dont want to waste another two hours of not being scared to go backwards, or Morley beating a man to pass to Bola in his own half. Please please attack. Lose 4-3 if we have to but no pssing around

Having watched Football Focus today there was a feature on Southampton and the manager's footballing philosophy of moving the ball forwards at every opportunity, and not hanging on to it with square passes along the backline in their own half.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Wimbledon on 14:05 - Nov 21 with 4590 viewsJames1980

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Wimbledon on 14:08 - Nov 21 with 4562 viewsboromat

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Wimbledon on 14:05 - Nov 21 by James1980

Pretty much as expected. No McLaughlin is always a worry hopefully just rested after his international games and not injured.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Wimbledon on 14:13 - Nov 21 with 4526 views49thseason

No sign of McShane, has he packed up?
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Wimbledon on 14:31 - Nov 21 with 4416 viewsD_Alien

Another aspect of the 5 subs - it could potentially leave just one outfield sub on the bench with the sub keeper. Lonely place to be

Could start a "most unused sub of the season" feature

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Wimbledon on 14:39 - Nov 21 with 4354 viewsTVOS1907

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Wimbledon on 14:13 - Nov 21 by 49thseason

No sign of McShane, has he packed up?

He's injured.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024