Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
do people still eat fry ups. 13:44 - Feb 4 with 5504 viewsqpr_1968

whats everyones breakfast these days.
porridge
fruit
yoghurt
fry up
toast
cereal
or other.
when i'm at work its porridge one day, yoghurt the next.
but i still like a lovely all in fry up now and then.
egg bacon beans mushrooms etc.

do any on here have a fry up every day.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

do people still eat fry ups. on 17:42 - Feb 4 with 1770 viewscolinallcars

do people still eat fry ups. on 16:15 - Feb 4 by Toast_R

Does not need to be a unhealthy meal. I bought my self an air fryer and it does bacon and sausages really well, home made chips very good too. Beans are a good source of carb and eggs fried using 1 cal spray are decent. Just go easy on the sausages, I buy reduced fat ones.

I love quality sausages and avoid supermarket ones. If you buy them from a good butcher they will be much lower in fat. I go to Parson's Nose in Putney.
do people still eat fry ups. on 17:47 - Feb 4 with 1757 viewsAshdown_Ranger

do people still eat fry ups. on 17:15 - Feb 4 by qpr_1968

would have thought 3 days without breakfast would be worse than having a healthy breakfast....but i'm not a doctor.

It's based on the 5-2 diet - I've just added a third day's fasting to get my weight down a bit.

As I understand it, the fasting element has several beneficial effects, and all food groups are 'allowed'.

I'm following it to keep cholesterol down and diabetes (hopefully) away - and to keep me vaguely agile enough to keep up my 5-a-side football twice a week.

Once I settled into the 5-2 system (hard at first), it's become a lot easier. I've tried several diets and this one seems most sensible and easiest to stick with long term.

https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/howto/guide/what-52-diet
do people still eat fry ups. on 17:48 - Feb 4 with 1755 viewsJuzzie

My breakfast is generally cereal or porridge or the kids leftovers.

usually had a fry up at the Harp Cafe on Uxbridge Road before a home game then when that closed moved elsewhere. Then stopped going regularly (got to about 4 games a season :( ) due to becoming a Dad then of course none of us can go.

Used to have a fry-up at lunchtime opposite where my boy goes to to the gym (sausage, egg, chips, beans, mushroom, toast, maybe tomatoes) but that's currently closed too.

Don't do them at home so no fry up's for the foreseeable :(
do people still eat fry ups. on 17:48 - Feb 4 with 1755 viewspaulparker

A joint and 2 cans of red stripe

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

do people still eat fry ups. on 17:48 - Feb 4 with 1751 viewsqpr_1968

do people still eat fry ups. on 17:47 - Feb 4 by Ashdown_Ranger

It's based on the 5-2 diet - I've just added a third day's fasting to get my weight down a bit.

As I understand it, the fasting element has several beneficial effects, and all food groups are 'allowed'.

I'm following it to keep cholesterol down and diabetes (hopefully) away - and to keep me vaguely agile enough to keep up my 5-a-side football twice a week.

Once I settled into the 5-2 system (hard at first), it's become a lot easier. I've tried several diets and this one seems most sensible and easiest to stick with long term.

good on you mate.....makes sense now

do people still eat fry ups. on 17:54 - Feb 4 with 1735 viewsR_from_afar

do people still eat fry ups. on 16:24 - Feb 4 by Toast_R

I love a bit of Flalafel.

For me, it's usually porridge - or porage if you will - with wonky blueberries, honey and milk, followed by toast, one slice with raspberry jam or marmalade and the other with Vecon on butter mmmm. I wash that lot down with English breakfast tea.

If you ever happen to be in Scotland, you could try lorne sausage. I didn't like it but there may be people on here (Karl?) made of sterner stuff.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

do people still eat fry ups. on 17:59 - Feb 4 with 1719 viewsR_from_afar

do people still eat fry ups. on 17:47 - Feb 4 by Ashdown_Ranger

My wife has been doing the 5-2 diet for years now and finds it works pretty well. Her main meals on the "2" days are veggie curry without rice and prawn stir fry without rice or noodles. She makes those dishes herself and I have them with the rice or noodles. They are really tasty, proper food

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

do people still eat fry ups. on 18:07 - Feb 4 with 1712 viewsEsox_Lucius

75g organic rolled oats
45g blueberries
260ml soy milk
1x small ripe sliced banana
5g turmeric
2g ground black pepper
fresh ground black coffee.

The grass is always greener.

Login to get fewer ads

do people still eat fry ups. on 18:34 - Feb 4 with 1665 viewsHantsR

I still make a big English breakfast on Sunday mornings. Goes back to the days when we couldn't get the sleepy teenagers out of their beds, but the smell of bacon wafting up the stairs did the trick!
I do bacon (crisp fat, tender flesh) and mushrooms to perfection and have recently finally mastered the perfect poached eggs. Often add a few chips from last night's spuds, tomatoes, beans and toast from home-made bread. Mmmm I feel a bit peckish now!
do people still eat fry ups. on 19:13 - Feb 4 with 1633 viewsDavieQPR

Tend to grill as much as I can as opposed to frying.
do people still eat fry ups. on 19:30 - Feb 4 with 1614 viewsPlanetHonneywood

do people still eat fry ups. on 16:24 - Feb 4 by swisscottage

Porridge:

25g of Rolled oats
400ml water with 2 scoops of protein powder
1 teaspoon of psyllium husk
1 large handful of blueberries.

Cook that in microwave for 3mins 10secs (900w), then stir in 2 teaspoons of stevia and cook for another 30s. LEave for 5 minutes then sir in 1/3rd tub of Yeo Valley pro-biotic yoghurt.

Not dissimilar, but I don’t use the protein powder (not convinced by them as they take a lot of flushing out of the innards).

Oats, plant milk, 1/4 teaspoon of turmeric, teaspoon of nutmeg or cinnamon, handful of walnuts, mash a banana in, occasionally I’ll chop an apple as well, handful of some sort of berries, sprinkle of milled flaxseed and, if I’m feeling giddy, a spoonful of cocoa powder.

If I don’t hear it up, then I’ll soak overnight and enjoy it Bircher muesli style.

Powers through to lunch, good workout for the digestive system and your dumps will be regular and top quality!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

do people still eat fry ups. on 19:50 - Feb 4 with 1599 viewsSuperhoops2808

do people still eat fry ups. on 14:03 - Feb 4 by QPR_John

Once a week on Sunday. Eggs Bacon Tomatoes Mushrooms and the crowning glory Clonakilty black pudding and sausages

Yep I thought I was the only one who had discovered Clonakilty products... But clearly there are lots on here that have. I love them...

Clonakilty Sausages, Bacon, eggs, beans, fried toms, fried potato, and sometimes the black pudding

But those sausages are the best ever.
do people still eat fry ups. on 21:20 - Feb 4 with 1520 viewskingshill

do people still eat fry ups. on 19:50 - Feb 4 by Superhoops2808

Yep I thought I was the only one who had discovered Clonakilty products... But clearly there are lots on here that have. I love them...

Clonakilty Sausages, Bacon, eggs, beans, fried toms, fried potato, and sometimes the black pudding

But those sausages are the best ever.

Another Clonakilty fan here, can I add that the white pudding is every bit as good as the black.
The promise of Clonakilty sausages is the only thing that gets my kids out of their bedrooms at the weekend.
do people still eat fry ups. on 21:52 - Feb 4 with 1501 viewsBlackCrowe

My breakfast has been ridiculous for the past year....cereal and/or toast.

My endless work travel across the world with gargantuan indulgent hotel brekkers seems a long time ago.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

do people still eat fry ups. on 22:07 - Feb 4 with 1489 viewsdavman

Granola, Fruit (raspberries, pineapple or grapes) and Yoghurt or Porridge with some fruit.

Yes to fry up whenever I can, but never more than once a week, Sausages from a local butcher, minimal fat, eggs, beans, bread / toast.

I think I like them more when I have them infrequently. In the normal world, I was away from home two nights a week in hotels, the temptation was there to have one every day, but luckily for me, I never got into the habit and ended up with cereal and milk with a cup of tea and an apple and orange.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

do people still eat fry ups. on 22:23 - Feb 4 with 1474 viewsNorthLondonR

I've been on a strict bran flakes and chopped banana diet with a kiwi fruit afters for breakfast. Actually look forward to it, possibly harks back to the days when my grandma used to feed me all bran and banana for breakfast...

Love a fry up however, last of which was consumed on boxing day with the veg , potatoes and stuffing crushed up into a delicious bubble...

If there are any diabetics out there I would love to hear your fasting tips sans carbs... I think I would literally die
[Post edited 4 Feb 2021 22:24]
do people still eat fry ups. on 22:30 - Feb 4 with 1465 viewsqpr_1968

do people still eat fry ups. on 22:23 - Feb 4 by NorthLondonR

I've been on a strict bran flakes and chopped banana diet with a kiwi fruit afters for breakfast. Actually look forward to it, possibly harks back to the days when my grandma used to feed me all bran and banana for breakfast...

Love a fry up however, last of which was consumed on boxing day with the veg , potatoes and stuffing crushed up into a delicious bubble...

If there are any diabetics out there I would love to hear your fasting tips sans carbs... I think I would literally die
[Post edited 4 Feb 2021 22:24]

bubble and squeak.....now your talking

do people still eat fry ups. on 00:09 - Feb 5 with 1417 viewsqpr1976

do people still eat fry ups. on 19:13 - Feb 4 by DavieQPR

Tend to grill as much as I can as opposed to frying.

Agreed.
Grill the Sausage & Bacon (once cooked I tend to eat the medallion bit and leave the tail for the dog. Poached Eggs, Beans & Shrooms, Toast (and proper butter) & Strong mug of Tea.
Only once a month tbf, but the thing I miss most (and doesn’t appear much on this thread) is Fried Bread !
Worth the sacrifice, but Very, Very occasional.
do people still eat fry ups. on 08:56 - Feb 5 with 1325 viewstimcocking

Every day?! Blimey, no. From time to time, though.
do people still eat fry ups. on 09:02 - Feb 5 with 1320 viewsSouthCoastR

During the week its a smoothie or porridge but on Sunday morning its all about the Shakshuka...
do people still eat fry ups. on 09:18 - Feb 5 with 1303 viewsDorse

do people still eat fry ups. on 17:28 - Feb 4 by hantssi

Or as we call it “brinner”!
Had one last night as well!

Did one (a 'brinner') the other day for the family:
Streaky bacon, pan fried then finished in the oven whilst doing the rest (comes out like massive Frazzles)
Sausage - pork and apple
Fried eggs on toast
Beans

Pork's not my thing but you fried egg on toast is definitely my favourite breakfast (when I can be bothered).

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

do people still eat fry ups. on 09:35 - Feb 5 with 1292 viewsPhildo

yes another vote for clonakilty

soda bread (toasted)
potato bread (fried)
black pudding (fried well)
Sausages gilled
Bacon (grilled till crispy)
baked beans

I do one Saturday mornings for the whole family
do people still eat fry ups. on 10:35 - Feb 5 with 1256 viewslondonscottish

I usually just do cereal.

When I was on a weight loss programme a couple of years ago I spend a while trying to stick to porridge made with oat or almond milk (lots of salt & sugar in most cereals + fat in the milk).

But that was boring.

Much more interesting, but still relatively healthy is poached egg & avocado on toasted rye bread. Liberally with tabasco, Lea & Perrins, salt & pepper.

Plenty of protein, the right kind of fat & bread without the complex carbs in normal that break down into sugars & mean weight gain.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

do people still eat fry ups. on 10:46 - Feb 5 with 1242 viewsgolborne

do people still eat fry ups. on 16:15 - Feb 4 by Toast_R

Does not need to be a unhealthy meal. I bought my self an air fryer and it does bacon and sausages really well, home made chips very good too. Beans are a good source of carb and eggs fried using 1 cal spray are decent. Just go easy on the sausages, I buy reduced fat ones.

"Just go easy on the sausages, I buy reduced fat ones."

False economy! It's like avoiding smoked bacon cos of the extra salt. In for a penny, in for a pound - just have less, but proper treat fry-ups.

My mum always used tinned plum tomatoes. Cook them for a long time to take away the sharpness and add black pepper - it's like having a bloody mary on your bacon
do people still eat fry ups. on 13:38 - Feb 5 with 1197 viewsCLAREMAN1995

do people still eat fry ups. on 17:23 - Feb 4 by Boston

Coffee and a cigarette?

Yes its all about the Dunkin Donut drive through in the US and get the fu*k out of the way they are very aggressive at that early hour .
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024