Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rotherham Game is Off 12:03 - Feb 12 with 10216 viewsBrianMcCarthy

[Post edited 12 Feb 2021 12:04]

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Rotherham Game is Off on 13:51 - Feb 12 with 1569 viewsdublinr

Rotherham Game is Off on 12:29 - Feb 12 by BrianMcCarthy

No Rangers and a weekend of rugby. Shoot me now.

Brian, I think the trick is to find a happy place and go to it every time anyone mentions rugby. Recently I've been replaying Terry's penalty miss over and over in my head. I find I'm getting through the six nations OK. If that doesn't work, I revert to wegerle v Leeds or gemill v Brazil.

Rotherham Game is Off on 14:02 - Feb 12 with 1535 viewsdaveB

Rotherham Game is Off on 12:58 - Feb 12 by Rangersw12

They lost midweek and then suddenly couldn't get pitch up to scratch even though they knew it would freezing mmmmm

knowing it would be freezing and stopping the pitch from freezing are two different things. They have no real reason to want the game off, they are flying at the moment. Sheff Wed game is also off tomorrow
Rotherham Game is Off on 14:03 - Feb 12 with 1523 viewsA40Bosh

Rotherham Game is Off on 12:35 - Feb 12 by bosh67

Now need to focus on stopping Brentford's ridiculous unbeaten record on Wednesday. I don't know how they keep selling their best players and getting better and better as a result. Perhaps they should sell the entire team and they'd be the first Champions League champions without an actual team. Surely it is in the stars fort us to finally put a spoke in the wheel of their progress for once?

Actually I am half hoping we get tanked by Brentford just for the perverse joy of listening to Finney completely lose his shite on the next Open All R's Podcast episode.

"How could I have been so fxxxin stupid to be predicting we could fxxxin reach the fxxxin playoffs when we still can't beat a friggin bus stop in Middlesex, I mean Jesus, fxxxin Christ I hate them so fxxxin much........."

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Rotherham Game is Off on 14:04 - Feb 12 with 1515 viewsCamberleyR

Rotherham Game is Off on 13:45 - Feb 12 by simmo

This is bit shite, especially as we lose the advantage of extra days rest as they played midweek. Also frustrating as no game to look forward to at the weekend with only a guaranteed thumping from Brentford to come...

Conspiracy stuff is nonsense too, but mad that a ground less than 10 years old doesn't have undersoil heating

I'd imagine it was an option when it was built but I'd guess it's pretty expensive to run during a cold spell as it would have to be on 24 hours a day.

We all know how our heating bills rocket during a cold snap having the heating on the majority of the day. They probably skipped it to keep the expense down given their overall budget is probably realistically lower league 1.

Not a new ground but Selhurst Park doesn't have undersoil heating either. That, considering the fortunes that Premier League clubs make, IS unforgivable. In Germany it's a mandatory requirement for all Bundesliga 1 and 2 clubs.
[Post edited 12 Feb 2021 14:14]

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Rotherham Game is Off on 14:04 - Feb 12 with 1512 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Rotherham Game is Off on 13:51 - Feb 12 by dublinr

Brian, I think the trick is to find a happy place and go to it every time anyone mentions rugby. Recently I've been replaying Terry's penalty miss over and over in my head. I find I'm getting through the six nations OK. If that doesn't work, I revert to wegerle v Leeds or gemill v Brazil.

Great idea!

This usually works for me:

https://www.peoplesrepublicofcork.com/forums/showthread.php?t=202139

Rotherham Game is Off on 14:07 - Feb 12 with 1495 viewsTonto

Given the run of form Rotherham were in, I dont see this as a bad thing. Yes I know we are on our own little run too, but I always think the worst...

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Rotherham Game is Off on 14:07 - Feb 12 with 1489 viewsNorthernr

Rotherham Game is Off on 14:02 - Feb 12 by daveB

knowing it would be freezing and stopping the pitch from freezing are two different things. They have no real reason to want the game off, they are flying at the moment. Sheff Wed game is also off tomorrow

Sheff Wed is more bizarre, I'm sure Hillsborough does have heating. Maybe they genuinely can't afford to turn it on.
Rotherham Game is Off on 14:12 - Feb 12 with 1457 viewsrsonist

The other thing with undersoil in a normal season is the pitch might be alright for the expense forked out but they still call it off for hazardous surrounding area and travel.

A little surprised that heated pitch covering isn't adequate/cost-effective for this situation tbh but what do I know.
Login to get fewer ads

Rotherham Game is Off on 14:22 - Feb 12 with 1418 viewsNorthantsHoop

Hopefully will give us more focus for Brentford and Bournemouth at home. I was a bit worried about the Rotherham game, if we lost this, even more pressure on 2 tough home games to get results. We seem to be doing better away from home in midweek fixtures this season, so rescheduled Rotherham game might help.
[Post edited 12 Feb 2021 14:24]
Rotherham Game is Off on 14:24 - Feb 12 with 1408 viewsBklynRanger

Fcuking bag of festering jizz flaps. I think I'll have to go out and take a branch to the bonnet of a neighbour's car for a good 10 minutes.
Rotherham Game is Off on 14:27 - Feb 12 with 1388 viewsEsox_Lucius

Rotherham Game is Off on 14:04 - Feb 12 by CamberleyR

I'd imagine it was an option when it was built but I'd guess it's pretty expensive to run during a cold spell as it would have to be on 24 hours a day.

We all know how our heating bills rocket during a cold snap having the heating on the majority of the day. They probably skipped it to keep the expense down given their overall budget is probably realistically lower league 1.

Not a new ground but Selhurst Park doesn't have undersoil heating either. That, considering the fortunes that Premier League clubs make, IS unforgivable. In Germany it's a mandatory requirement for all Bundesliga 1 and 2 clubs.

A quick trawl around Google and U/soil heating is approx. £500k to install and around £3k a day to keep on.

The grass is always greener.

Rotherham Game is Off on 14:30 - Feb 12 with 1369 viewsconnell10

Started a thread a few days ago asking about this! As soon as i found out no under soil heating i knew the game would be off, the pitch froze!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Rotherham Game is Off on 14:50 - Feb 12 with 1302 viewsPinnerPaul

Rotherham Game is Off on 13:39 - Feb 12 by switchingcode

Sheff Wednesday and Bradford off as well so no surprise

Maybe its a Yorkshire conspiracy!
Rotherham Game is Off on 14:58 - Feb 12 with 1274 viewsRog

Rotherham Game is Off on 14:07 - Feb 12 by Northernr

Sheff Wed is more bizarre, I'm sure Hillsborough does have heating. Maybe they genuinely can't afford to turn it on.

Sheff Weds cant use the heating because Chansiri nicked the copper pipes and sold them out of the back of his fake taxi. Allegedly.
Rotherham Game is Off on 14:58 - Feb 12 with 1264 viewsPinnerPaul

Looks pretty cold

https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/forecast/gcrpcne2z#?date=2021-02-13
Rotherham Game is Off on 14:59 - Feb 12 with 1264 viewsJuzzie

Rotherham Game is Off on 14:50 - Feb 12 by PinnerPaul

Maybe its a Yorkshire conspiracy!

Probably part of an opportunity to become The Republic of Yorkshire.
Rotherham Game is Off on 15:00 - Feb 12 with 1258 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Plastic pitch anyone?

https://www.qpr.co.uk/videos/interviews/plastic-pitch/
[Post edited 12 Feb 2021 15:06]
Rotherham Game is Off on 15:04 - Feb 12 with 1237 viewsHunterhoop

Rotherham Game is Off on 13:47 - Feb 12 by Northernr

Somebody on twitter pointed out that we've got the 6 Nations instead.
He hasn't been seen since.

Clive, with the racing cancelled (was a great card at Newbury), and QPR now cancelled, i’ll take any sport going.

As Dave said, I have to justify the drinking somehow after 5 days cooped up working 9-7.

Test cricket on at breakfast time doesn’t help me, although it’s obviously better than the inordinate amount of cooking shows on.
Rotherham Game is Off on 15:06 - Feb 12 with 1234 viewsPinnerPaul

Rotherham Game is Off on 15:00 - Feb 12 by Benny_the_Ball

Plastic pitch anyone?

Even Chelmsford's 'All weather" racing track is unfit for racing today because of the cold!
Rotherham Game is Off on 15:09 - Feb 12 with 1218 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Rotherham Game is Off on 15:00 - Feb 12 by Benny_the_Ball

Plastic pitch anyone?

Ahh the good old days miss them we always looked so clean in those Guinness shirts and runners .Gary Bannister seemed to score a hat rick every home game ,happy times
Rotherham Game is Off on 15:18 - Feb 12 with 1181 viewsMetallica_Hoop

My mate bought one of the souvenir squares when we went back to grass.

We also nicked a 8ft by 3 ft piece of the loft that was in a skip outside after the Brentford away friendly when it was being refurbed but no one knew what to do with a huge blue covered (not painted) corrugated sheet of thin steel. so it got dumped again.
[Post edited 12 Feb 2021 15:19]

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Rotherham Game is Off on 15:21 - Feb 12 with 1156 viewsPinnerPaul

Rotherham Game is Off on 14:04 - Feb 12 by CamberleyR

Are you sure about Selhurst Park?

1) Can't remember them having a game called off because of a frozen pitch and

2) They ARE supposed to have it - PL Rules state that

"Each Club shall provide and maintain at its Stadium an undersoil heating system for
its pitch and shall ensure, so far as is reasonably possible, that the pitch is playable
on the occasion of each home League Match"
Rotherham Game is Off on 15:23 - Feb 12 with 1138 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Rotherham Game is Off on 15:21 - Feb 12 by PinnerPaul

Are you sure about Selhurst Park?

1) Can't remember them having a game called off because of a frozen pitch and

2) They ARE supposed to have it - PL Rules state that

"Each Club shall provide and maintain at its Stadium an undersoil heating system for
its pitch and shall ensure, so far as is reasonably possible, that the pitch is playable
on the occasion of each home League Match"

Ya, but they have Eze to burn up the pitch.

Rotherham Game is Off on 15:25 - Feb 12 with 1125 viewsnix

Could be some time before rearranged fixture as we have Tuesday/Wednesday and Saturday games until mid-April apart from the International break at the end of March. Then the following week we're due to play Monday, Saturday. So the earliest appears to be the 14th April.
Rotherham Game is Off on 15:39 - Feb 12 with 1066 viewsNorthernr

Rotherham Game is Off on 15:04 - Feb 12 by Hunterhoop

Clive, with the racing cancelled (was a great card at Newbury), and QPR now cancelled, i’ll take any sport going.

As Dave said, I have to justify the drinking somehow after 5 days cooped up working 9-7.

Test cricket on at breakfast time doesn’t help me, although it’s obviously better than the inordinate amount of cooking shows on.

You'll catch me watching Steph's Packed Lunch before that drek.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024