Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rotherham Game is Off 12:03 - Feb 12 with 10217 viewsBrianMcCarthy

[Post edited 12 Feb 2021 12:04]

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Rotherham Game is Off on 19:27 - Feb 12 with 1977 viewskensalriser

Right then I'm loading up on Fulham to win at Everton and Rangers to beat Brentford, and I expect the haul to be somewhere in the region of the next Euromillions win.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Rotherham Game is Off on 19:36 - Feb 12 with 1958 viewsdavman

Rotherham Game is Off on 16:48 - Feb 12 by Northernr

Grimsby Tranmere for me I think. If it's on. And if I can bring myself to do it to myself again.

So predictable...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Rotherham Game is Off on 19:38 - Feb 12 with 1950 viewsdavman

Rotherham Game is Off on 15:51 - Feb 12 by francisbowles

Yes agree with that Nix. It would leave us with three consecutive away games in a week, Middlesbrough 17th, Swansea 20th. Also would mean four of the last six away, Norwich (h) 24th, Stoke (a) 1st May, Luton (h) 8th May.

Put 'em on during the International break - what would YOU rather watch?

Can we go out yet?

Rotherham Game is Off on 19:39 - Feb 12 with 1944 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Rotherham Game is Off on 19:36 - Feb 12 by davman

So predictable...

https://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/grimsby-town-tranmere-rovers-postponed-

It's gone.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Rotherham Game is Off on 20:05 - Feb 12 with 1905 viewsDannyPaddox

Rotherham! Get an orange football and play the game you northern lightweights!
Rotherham Game is Off on 21:13 - Feb 12 with 1818 viewsaston_hoop

Well I suppose I can use the time for afternoon nap after getting up early for the cricket.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Rotherham Game is Off on 22:19 - Feb 12 with 1779 viewsCamberleyR

Rotherham Game is Off on 20:05 - Feb 12 by DannyPaddox

Rotherham! Get an orange football and play the game you northern lightweights!

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Rotherham Game is Off on 08:39 - Feb 13 with 1589 viewsnix

Rotherham Game is Off on 19:38 - Feb 12 by davman

I'd be thrilled with that. Not sure they're contractually allowed to do that though?
Login to get fewer ads

Rotherham Game is Off on 09:06 - Feb 13 with 1555 viewsTGRRRSSS

Guess more could be called off but lots of clubs lower down seem to be managing to put games on, and it's pretty cold everywhere.

Embarrassing they cant mange it when sides from the National League manage.
Rotherham Game is Off on 09:28 - Feb 13 with 1531 viewsGloryHunter

Very entertaining thread, thanks everyone. The Rotherham Chairman confirmed in this 2012 piece that they were leaving out the USH for cost reasons, and he expected the part-synthetic pitch to be able to cope.
https://www.football.co.uk/rotherham-united/no-undersoil-heating-for-new-york/20

Also remember that ten years ago the climate change supporters were claiming that we wouldn't have freezing winters any more.
Rotherham Game is Off on 09:30 - Feb 13 with 1524 viewsTGRRRSSS

Stewart added that the pitch at the new stadium would be a part synthetic, part grass mix that can withstand lower temperatures.

Doh!
Rotherham Game is Off on 10:15 - Feb 13 with 1475 viewsR_from_afar

Rotherham Game is Off on 18:06 - Feb 12 by distortR

My worry is that it hasn't been abandoned and they are going to play it without us.

LOL There have been matches this season when our game plan appeared to be: Keep it tight and hope the opposition score an own goal for us....

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Rotherham Game is Off on 11:29 - Feb 13 with 1433 viewsfrancisbowles

Rotherham Game is Off on 19:38 - Feb 12 by davman

Been saying for ages the Championship down should carry on in these breaks. They won't allow it though will they?

It might mean have to play without Hamalainen, Johansen, Dykes, Chair, Bonn and Dieng will surely get a call up soon as well. Don't know about 'The Millers'.
Rotherham Game is Off on 11:36 - Feb 13 with 1422 viewsDannyPaddox

Rotherham Game is Off on 22:19 - Feb 12 by CamberleyR

The full Big Match ATV 8 minute highlights package ... magic stuff.
Rotherham Game is Off on 14:23 - Feb 13 with 1311 viewsPinnerPaul

Rotherham Game is Off on 09:06 - Feb 13 by TGRRRSSS

Guess more could be called off but lots of clubs lower down seem to be managing to put games on, and it's pretty cold everywhere.

Embarrassing they cant mange it when sides from the National League manage.

Just to remember folks, clubs can't decide if a game is on or not - its up to the good old referee.
Rotherham Game is Off on 15:56 - Feb 13 with 1246 viewsdavman

Soooooooooooooooooooo bored!

Palace v Burnley.

I hate Palace and they are crap, yet they will stay in the Big League for years because of how crap the bottom three are and will afford to snap up every single one of whatever players we develop in the next few years because of their big money.

Then I see two teams who were in and around us when we dabbled with the big time - Leicester and Burnley, who are also in the midst of a purple patch in the big league.

...and we sit close to our natural home of 16th in the second tier with no game going on.

Boring AND depressing.

*Sigh*

Can we go out yet?

Rotherham Game is Off on 16:18 - Feb 13 with 1200 viewsNorthernr

Watching Birmingham and they are woeful. Could well be facing 3 new managers in quick succession with them, Bournemouth and Bristol City.
Rotherham Game is Off on 16:41 - Feb 13 with 1154 viewsted_hendrix

Mick McCarthy doing well at Cardiff.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Rotherham Game is Off on 16:53 - Feb 13 with 1138 viewsterryb

Rotherham Game is Off on 16:18 - Feb 13 by Northernr

Watching Birmingham and they are woeful. Could well be facing 3 new managers in quick succession with them, Bournemouth and Bristol City.

Have I missed something eregarding Bristol City, or is this just speculation?
Rotherham Game is Off on 17:06 - Feb 13 with 1090 viewsrsonist

Rotherham Game is Off on 16:53 - Feb 13 by terryb

Have I missed something eregarding Bristol City, or is this just speculation?

Not too far fetched is it? Fifth loss on the spin, players underperforming all season and a make-or-break run ahead of them if they still harbour their lofty ambitions. Not a dissimilar situation to Bournemouth, who did pull the trigger on their promoted assistant.
Rotherham Game is Off on 17:07 - Feb 13 with 1087 viewsjoolsyp

Rotherham Game is Off on 16:18 - Feb 13 by Northernr

Watched the Luton game too - Brum were terrible, Luton well organised but not that much better, pitch absolutely dreadful! Honestly think they're gone with Wycombe unless they get a significant new manager bounce.
Rotherham Game is Off on 17:11 - Feb 13 with 1074 viewsterryb

Rotherham Game is Off on 17:06 - Feb 13 by rsonist

Not too far fetched is it? Fifth loss on the spin, players underperforming all season and a make-or-break run ahead of them if they still harbour their lofty ambitions. Not a dissimilar situation to Bournemouth, who did pull the trigger on their promoted assistant.

No, not far fetched at all. I wasn't sure if it had happened & I'd missed it.
Rotherham Game is Off on 18:12 - Feb 13 with 1005 viewsCamberleyR

Rotherham Game is Off on 15:56 - Feb 13 by davman

Soooooooooooooooooooo bored!

Palace v Burnley.

I hate Palace and they are crap, yet they will stay in the Big League for years because of how crap the bottom three are and will afford to snap up every single one of whatever players we develop in the next few years because of their big money.

Then I see two teams who were in and around us when we dabbled with the big time - Leicester and Burnley, who are also in the midst of a purple patch in the big league.

...and we sit close to our natural home of 16th in the second tier with no game going on.

Boring AND depressing.

*Sigh*

Disagree. Palace and other similar sized clubs will have their day in the sun and if they're lucky like Swansea will have seven seasons there but they can't keep defying gravity and like Swansea will eventually have a poor season and go down.

They like us are also constrained by their ground, which although holding 25k, does not have much more than the KPFS does in extra income generating facilities and it also can't be expanded further so they will be continually reliant on Premier League money to pay the wage bill they have. Burnley will also eventually drop, for clubs that size with smallish grounds it is the natural order of things.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Rotherham Game is Off on 18:27 - Feb 13 with 988 viewsdavman

Rotherham Game is Off on 18:12 - Feb 13 by CamberleyR

Disagree. Palace and other similar sized clubs will have their day in the sun and if they're lucky like Swansea will have seven seasons there but they can't keep defying gravity and like Swansea will eventually have a poor season and go down.

They like us are also constrained by their ground, which although holding 25k, does not have much more than the KPFS does in extra income generating facilities and it also can't be expanded further so they will be continually reliant on Premier League money to pay the wage bill they have. Burnley will also eventually drop, for clubs that size with smallish grounds it is the natural order of things.

Thing is that the gap is getting bigger and bigger; aside from Brentford, who might have a first season bounce, whoever goes up with them are coming straight back down as everyone in this league are crap. There will be one that drops and that could be PalARSE, but seeing as they are the luckiest club alive (two administrations, one points deduction and still never dropped into the third tier and from there into the obscurity they deserve), I doubt it.

They are sh1te though...

Can we go out yet?

Rotherham Game is Off on 15:00 - Feb 16 with 750 viewsMyke

Rotherham Game is Off on 15:25 - Feb 12 by nix

Could be some time before rearranged fixture as we have Tuesday/Wednesday and Saturday games until mid-April apart from the International break at the end of March. Then the following week we're due to play Monday, Saturday. So the earliest appears to be the 14th April.

You called it spot on Nix - Tuesday 13th April
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024