Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cooper to Fulham 23:01 - Jun 19 with 40492 views34dfgdf54

According to Nixon.

Definite possibility this one with it being Championship. Realistic.
Cooper to Fulham on 09:30 - Jun 28 with 1031 viewsDr_Parnassus

Cooper to Fulham on 09:28 - Jun 28 by 34dfgdf54

When it was being reported he was going to be named Palace boss yes. But those reports ended up being completely false. So my initial stance, as it stands, is spot on.

There are others, otherwise he would have had the job by now as these guys have long turned it down. Blown away that much they keep on casting that net wider and wider. You keep believing that.

The last two paragraphs mean nothing. One is managing in the premier league and was offered a long term contract which is pretty much unheard of apart from the Pardew debacle with Newcastle, and the other, isn't..

There was no reports he was set to be named Palace boss last month, only that they were interested. In fact if memory serves, you conceded you were wrong simply because he was installed as favorite (same situation as now).

So you made up the ''others'' bit then and just assumed there must be?

Just making sure the obvious rubbish is being called out.
[Post edited 28 Jun 2021 9:32]

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Cooper to Fulham on 09:33 - Jun 28 with 1020 views34dfgdf54

Cooper to Fulham on 09:30 - Jun 28 by Dr_Parnassus

There was no reports he was set to be named Palace boss last month, only that they were interested. In fact if memory serves, you conceded you were wrong simply because he was installed as favorite (same situation as now).

So you made up the ''others'' bit then and just assumed there must be?

Just making sure the obvious rubbish is being called out.
[Post edited 28 Jun 2021 9:32]

Hang on, you've just been saying he was offered the role now you're doing 180 degrees haha. There were reports saying he was Palace's first choice, though it ended up being completely wrong, so as I say, my original stance was correct.

There's rubbish being called out, you got that right
Cooper to Fulham on 09:35 - Jun 28 with 1009 viewsDr_Parnassus

Cooper to Fulham on 09:33 - Jun 28 by 34dfgdf54

Hang on, you've just been saying he was offered the role now you're doing 180 degrees haha. There were reports saying he was Palace's first choice, though it ended up being completely wrong, so as I say, my original stance was correct.

There's rubbish being called out, you got that right

Where did I say he had been offered the role? Where is the 180 degrees? You can't be understanding what I am typing, or indeed reading what you want to read.

Again, you admitted you were wrong once he was instilled as favorite. That has not changed.

I absolutely did get that right, yes. As usual.

Cooper to Fulham on 09:36 - Jun 28 with 1002 viewsonehunglow

Cooper to Fulham on 09:16 - Jun 28 by monmouth

Why do you bother? I think I have 11 Dimi incarnations on ignore. It's like arguing with a bot.

I have a few in ignore and then give em another chance and un ignore. Then it all happens again.
All my life’s a circle

We are all unaware

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Cooper to Fulham on 09:39 - Jun 28 with 1003 viewsfulhamfaninpeace

Cooper to Fulham on 09:15 - Jun 28 by 34dfgdf54

What have I been wrong about?

I have no idea, but if reporting is to be believed, they don't fancy Cooper at all, so I highly doubt he has been offered the job, If he was, then I believe he would have taken it, as most would.

No misleading, just facts on how things stand.

One is an established premier league club, the other has has been up and down and supporters are pretty much all calling for their owner Tony Khan's head. The opportunity to manage in Premier League I would assume would be the deciding factor in that one. But again, who knows.

So the key thing is Tony Khan is stepping aside and actual director of football being appointed. So that’s progress for us Fulham fans. I understand he turned down Palace because the transfer budget being offered is not enough to basically reshape a whole premier league squad. That Palace job could be a career ruiner as they need a massive refresh. I guess time will tell
Cooper to Fulham on 09:41 - Jun 28 with 1000 viewsjasper_T

Cooper to Fulham on 09:23 - Jun 28 by monmouth

Youd think thered be enough crap badgemen around to not need to pay if you want one. They should have gone for Monk and Clement. No compo and same result.

He seems well-liked and connected within football, and the lazy, surface-level tv pundit's view of the job he's done with us (overperformed, had to sell all his best players, great at developing youth) can carry a disturbing amount of weight with people of power and influence. Unlike Monk and Clement he can probably get them promoted with his brand of football.

I'm a bit surprised they'd still go for him with Wilder available and in talks but maybe the difference in wages and bonuses cover the compensation.
Cooper to Fulham on 09:44 - Jun 28 with 980 viewsDr_Parnassus

Cooper to Fulham on 09:39 - Jun 28 by fulhamfaninpeace

So the key thing is Tony Khan is stepping aside and actual director of football being appointed. So that’s progress for us Fulham fans. I understand he turned down Palace because the transfer budget being offered is not enough to basically reshape a whole premier league squad. That Palace job could be a career ruiner as they need a massive refresh. I guess time will tell

Would certainly tie in with the fact the other two also turned them down after being more than willing to interview for it.

Cooper to Fulham on 09:57 - Jun 28 with 961 views34dfgdf54

Cooper to Fulham on 09:35 - Jun 28 by Dr_Parnassus

Where did I say he had been offered the role? Where is the 180 degrees? You can't be understanding what I am typing, or indeed reading what you want to read.

Again, you admitted you were wrong once he was instilled as favorite. That has not changed.

I absolutely did get that right, yes. As usual.

I would have been wrong, if he got the Palace job, which at the time the reports were saying. But as we both know, it didn't happen, so I was of course, Right.

You were again, wrong. As usual.
Login to get fewer ads

Cooper to Fulham on 09:59 - Jun 28 with 943 viewsDr_Parnassus

Cooper to Fulham on 09:57 - Jun 28 by 34dfgdf54

I would have been wrong, if he got the Palace job, which at the time the reports were saying. But as we both know, it didn't happen, so I was of course, Right.

You were again, wrong. As usual.

Depends what it was you originally said.

Considering your willingness to hold your hands up the minute interest was confirmed I would say it's more likely you claimed that no Premier League club would be interested in him and since subtly changed it.

It's that level of perception which contributes to me being spot on time and time again.

Cooper to Fulham on 09:59 - Jun 28 with 950 views34dfgdf54

Cooper to Fulham on 09:39 - Jun 28 by fulhamfaninpeace

Sorry mate not having that. If he was offered the Palace job when he was allegedly interviewed, then he would have taken it.

What happened though was they kept looking elsewhere and have only now returned with their interest when Favre made a u-turn last minute and Nuno did similarly.
Cooper to Fulham on 10:00 - Jun 28 with 940 viewsDr_Parnassus

Cooper to Fulham on 09:59 - Jun 28 by 34dfgdf54

Sorry mate not having that. If he was offered the Palace job when he was allegedly interviewed, then he would have taken it.

What happened though was they kept looking elsewhere and have only now returned with their interest when Favre made a u-turn last minute and Nuno did similarly.

You have made that up though, you have no idea what he would do.

You are creating your own narrative as usual.

Cooper to Fulham on 10:03 - Jun 28 with 933 views34dfgdf54

Cooper to Fulham on 10:00 - Jun 28 by Dr_Parnassus

You have made that up though, you have no idea what he would do.

You are creating your own narrative as usual.

Oh ok then, he would have turned down a job you say he attended two interviews for, for Fulham in the Championship.
Cooper to Fulham on 10:09 - Jun 28 with 917 viewsFireboy2

Cooper to Fulham on 09:25 - Jun 28 by Dr_Parnassus

10 of which clearly aren't me... but yes anyone who thinks I won't challenge any nonsense and does not enjoy such an exchange should probably follow your advice.

Nonsense?

You sound like an old school headmaster, another type who thinks they are always right.
Cooper to Fulham on 10:11 - Jun 28 with 904 viewsDr_Parnassus

Cooper to Fulham on 10:03 - Jun 28 by 34dfgdf54

Oh ok then, he would have turned down a job you say he attended two interviews for, for Fulham in the Championship.

I agree that is certainly plausible.

Palace may well be a Championship club next year if they don't get the funding, the other is the favorite to be a Premier League club next year and may well have the means to have a better chance of longevity.

Smart people make long term decisions not purely based on the short term. As the Fulham fan rightly said, if Palace do not back the manager then the job could be an awful one for future prospects.

Cooper to Fulham on 10:12 - Jun 28 with 903 viewsDr_Parnassus

Cooper to Fulham on 10:09 - Jun 28 by Fireboy2

Nonsense?

You sound like an old school headmaster, another type who thinks they are always right.

Yes nonsense. It sounds like your headmaster had your number.

I like the cut of his jib.

Cooper to Fulham on 10:17 - Jun 28 with 904 viewsBoundy

I wonder how many more pages this thread will reach before its final conclusion .

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Cooper to Fulham on 10:21 - Jun 28 with 894 views34dfgdf54

Cooper to Fulham on 10:11 - Jun 28 by Dr_Parnassus

I agree that is certainly plausible.

Palace may well be a Championship club next year if they don't get the funding, the other is the favorite to be a Premier League club next year and may well have the means to have a better chance of longevity.

Smart people make long term decisions not purely based on the short term. As the Fulham fan rightly said, if Palace do not back the manager then the job could be an awful one for future prospects.

You're not agreeing with me, I don't believe it is plausible.

Fulham may also be championship club next year, and he will be without a job. Too short of a career to turn down opportunities like Palace.
Cooper to Fulham on 10:22 - Jun 28 with 890 views34dfgdf54

Cooper to Fulham on 10:17 - Jun 28 by Boundy

I wonder how many more pages this thread will reach before its final conclusion .

It normally ends with Dr P posting a little emoji so he can get the final word in of a thread he has got so much wrong in. I think that is coming pretty soon as he's tying himself in knots, again.
Cooper to Fulham on 10:29 - Jun 28 with 875 viewsDr_Parnassus

Cooper to Fulham on 10:22 - Jun 28 by 34dfgdf54

It normally ends with Dr P posting a little emoji so he can get the final word in of a thread he has got so much wrong in. I think that is coming pretty soon as he's tying himself in knots, again.

I was about to say it usually ends with Risca deflated and defeated after trying and failing to debate with me, he will resort to claiming to all who will listen that I got everything wrong (despite not being able to point to anything specific in the thread in question and the facts stating otherwise).

We have got to that point already it seems, so it's anyone's guess now.

Cooper to Fulham on 10:30 - Jun 28 with 871 viewsDr_Parnassus

Cooper to Fulham on 10:21 - Jun 28 by 34dfgdf54

You're not agreeing with me, I don't believe it is plausible.

Fulham may also be championship club next year, and he will be without a job. Too short of a career to turn down opportunities like Palace.

I am agreeing with you, you said and I quote;

''Oh ok then, he would have turned down a job you say he attended two interviews for, for Fulham in the Championship.''

I agree, it looks like that may well be the case.

Fulham may be a championship side next year yes, but after speaking to both clubs it appears Cooper doesn't share that view.

Cooper to Fulham on 10:33 - Jun 28 with 867 viewsmonmouth

Its final inconclusion?

Classic Dim

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Cooper to Fulham on 10:58 - Jun 28 with 795 views34dfgdf54

Cooper to Fulham on 10:30 - Jun 28 by Dr_Parnassus

I am agreeing with you, you said and I quote;

''Oh ok then, he would have turned down a job you say he attended two interviews for, for Fulham in the Championship.''

I agree, it looks like that may well be the case.

Fulham may be a championship side next year yes, but after speaking to both clubs it appears Cooper doesn't share that view.

Tongue in cheek comment of course, but we both know that.

Well he needs to hope his view is correct, otherwise he'll me working for Ryan Reynolds at Wrexham in no time. But as above, we also both know he wasn't offered the Palace job.
Cooper to Fulham on 11:00 - Jun 28 with 789 viewsFireboy2

Three figures if DrP has his way.
Cooper to Fulham on 11:00 - Jun 28 with 789 views34dfgdf54

Cooper to Fulham on 10:29 - Jun 28 by Dr_Parnassus

I was about to say it usually ends with Risca deflated and defeated after trying and failing to debate with me, he will resort to claiming to all who will listen that I got everything wrong (despite not being able to point to anything specific in the thread in question and the facts stating otherwise).

We have got to that point already it seems, so it's anyone's guess now.

Me deflated? I don't need anyone to listen to me, everyone reads you posts and can make their own mind up, unless they have you on ignore of course, which plenty have by the looks.
Cooper to Fulham on 11:02 - Jun 28 with 779 viewsDr_Parnassus

Cooper to Fulham on 10:58 - Jun 28 by 34dfgdf54

Tongue in cheek comment of course, but we both know that.

Well he needs to hope his view is correct, otherwise he'll me working for Ryan Reynolds at Wrexham in no time. But as above, we also both know he wasn't offered the Palace job.

Ah right, so you didn't actually think what you typed then. Colour me surprised.

I am sure his view is correct, if given the opportunity of a team that looks like it will be on the up and will back me and a team that appears to be set for the downward that won't back me, I would also probably pick the Championship favourites.

You have no idea if he was offered the Palace job, you just don't want to be proven wrong again on what is very likely to be an already hastily revised statement.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024