Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cooper to Fulham 23:01 - Jun 19 with 39071 views34dfgdf54

According to Nixon.

Definite possibility this one with it being Championship. Realistic.
Cooper to Fulham on 11:03 - Jun 28 with 994 viewsmajorraglan

Cooper to Fulham on 10:11 - Jun 28 by Dr_Parnassus

I agree that is certainly plausible.

Palace may well be a Championship club next year if they don't get the funding, the other is the favorite to be a Premier League club next year and may well have the means to have a better chance of longevity.

Smart people make long term decisions not purely based on the short term. As the Fulham fan rightly said, if Palace do not back the manager then the job could be an awful one for future prospects.

Most people would jump at the prospect of managing a PL side, but I can see that there will be times when a manager will turn down the opportunity, Nino and Favre have apparently just done that.
If it’s going to be an impossible task, then I could see ambitious managers steering clear of the position because it would severely damage their reputation and wouldn’t look good on their CV.
Cooper to Fulham on 11:06 - Jun 28 with 978 viewsDr_Parnassus

Cooper to Fulham on 11:00 - Jun 28 by 34dfgdf54

Me deflated? I don't need anyone to listen to me, everyone reads you posts and can make their own mind up, unless they have you on ignore of course, which plenty have by the looks.

Yes absolutely you, it always pretty clear when you realise you are running down a blind alley. It's when you claim I have said things, then ignore requests to prove that despite it being very easy to do so, being on the very thread in question.

If the pressure to prove your incorrect claims gets too much, you repost what I said, delete certain key words and pretend your new way of putting it is what I said, despite often being the opposite.

And yes, everyone can read these exchanges and nobody will be fooled by your usual white flag waving protestations or re-writing of what is plainly on the thread. As always fun watching it unfold though...

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Cooper to Fulham on 11:09 - Jun 28 with 966 viewsDr_Parnassus

Cooper to Fulham on 11:03 - Jun 28 by majorraglan

Most people would jump at the prospect of managing a PL side, but I can see that there will be times when a manager will turn down the opportunity, Nino and Favre have apparently just done that.
If it’s going to be an impossible task, then I could see ambitious managers steering clear of the position because it would severely damage their reputation and wouldn’t look good on their CV.

Absolutely.

It is better to be in a building site of somewhere likely to be turned into a palace than a palace likely to be turned into rubble.

I made that, I like it.

Cooper to Fulham on 11:31 - Jun 28 with 924 viewsFireboy2

Cooper to Fulham on 11:02 - Jun 28 by Dr_Parnassus

Ah right, so you didn't actually think what you typed then. Colour me surprised.

I am sure his view is correct, if given the opportunity of a team that looks like it will be on the up and will back me and a team that appears to be set for the downward that won't back me, I would also probably pick the Championship favourites.

You have no idea if he was offered the Palace job, you just don't want to be proven wrong again on what is very likely to be an already hastily revised statement.

Are you going to question fulhamfaninpeace re him stating that cooper has been offered the CP job?

Yeah thought not.
Cooper to Fulham on 11:31 - Jun 28 with 917 viewsDr_Parnassus

Cooper to Fulham on 11:31 - Jun 28 by Fireboy2

Are you going to question fulhamfaninpeace re him stating that cooper has been offered the CP job?

Yeah thought not.

What questions would you like me to ask him?

Cooper to Fulham on 11:45 - Jun 28 with 901 viewsFireboy2

Cooper to Fulham on 11:31 - Jun 28 by Dr_Parnassus

What questions would you like me to ask him?

Nice try, you can read, just do what I asked you to do.

And don't bother replying.
Cooper to Fulham on 11:45 - Jun 28 with 896 viewsDr_Parnassus

Cooper to Fulham on 11:45 - Jun 28 by Fireboy2

Nice try, you can read, just do what I asked you to do.

And don't bother replying.

So you don't want me to ask him any questions?

Please think what you want before you post, you are wasting people's time, including your own.

Cooper to Fulham on 11:50 - Jun 28 with 888 viewsHeadmaster

Cooper to Fulham on 10:17 - Jun 28 by Boundy

I wonder how many more pages this thread will reach before its final conclusion .

Why does this forum attract so many loons? First it was that E20 guy, now it's Dr Pillock and his sidekick Andy. Unless they're all the same.
Login to get fewer ads

Cooper to Fulham on 11:52 - Jun 28 with 880 viewsDr_Parnassus

Cooper to Fulham on 11:50 - Jun 28 by Headmaster

Why does this forum attract so many loons? First it was that E20 guy, now it's Dr Pillock and his sidekick Andy. Unless they're all the same.

I think its just because so many on here exist purely to try and cause conflict, which then attracts people who call out such behavior.

Thanks for your questions.

Cooper to Fulham on 11:53 - Jun 28 with 878 viewsHeadmaster

Cooper to Fulham on 11:52 - Jun 28 by Dr_Parnassus

I think its just because so many on here exist purely to try and cause conflict, which then attracts people who call out such behavior.

Thanks for your questions.

Give it a rest mun.
Cooper to Fulham on 11:54 - Jun 28 with 875 views34dfgdf54

Cooper to Fulham on 11:06 - Jun 28 by Dr_Parnassus

Yes absolutely you, it always pretty clear when you realise you are running down a blind alley. It's when you claim I have said things, then ignore requests to prove that despite it being very easy to do so, being on the very thread in question.

If the pressure to prove your incorrect claims gets too much, you repost what I said, delete certain key words and pretend your new way of putting it is what I said, despite often being the opposite.

And yes, everyone can read these exchanges and nobody will be fooled by your usual white flag waving protestations or re-writing of what is plainly on the thread. As always fun watching it unfold though...

What the hell are you rambling on about now, this is where it starts, the emojis haha.

What blind alley am I running down? What things have I claimed you have said?

This is where it becomes obvious your are losing your temper and I can't help but find it amusing.
Cooper to Fulham on 11:55 - Jun 28 with 874 viewsBoundy

Cooper to Fulham on 10:33 - Jun 28 by monmouth

Its final inconclusion?

Classic Dim

why use one word when you can use two ?

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Cooper to Fulham on 11:55 - Jun 28 with 872 views34dfgdf54

Cooper to Fulham on 11:03 - Jun 28 by majorraglan

Yes but Nuno and Favre could get better options elsewhere due to their reputations, Cooper couldn't. Huge difference.
Cooper to Fulham on 11:56 - Jun 28 with 866 viewsDr_Parnassus

Cooper to Fulham on 11:55 - Jun 28 by 34dfgdf54

Yes but Nuno and Favre could get better options elsewhere due to their reputations, Cooper couldn't. Huge difference.

Fulham may well be a better option though as explained.

Cooper to Fulham on 12:00 - Jun 28 with 848 views34dfgdf54

Cooper to Fulham on 11:56 - Jun 28 by Dr_Parnassus

Fulham may well be a better option though as explained.

In no world is a Championship club, whose fans don't seem keen at all in taking Cooper on, whose fans are calling for the owners head, where promotion is the absolute minimum a better job than Crystal Palace, who are now an established Premier League club.

If he was offered the job, he would have taken it. He still may do, imagine me starting a thread saying "soooo, it's fulham for Cooper", then him going to Palace, it would make me look pretty thick wouldn't it?

Time will tell us who is right, as it always does.
[Post edited 28 Jun 2021 12:03]
Cooper to Fulham on 12:09 - Jun 28 with 815 viewsjasper_T

Cooper to Fulham on 12:00 - Jun 28 by 34dfgdf54

In no world is a Championship club, whose fans don't seem keen at all in taking Cooper on, whose fans are calling for the owners head, where promotion is the absolute minimum a better job than Crystal Palace, who are now an established Premier League club.

If he was offered the job, he would have taken it. He still may do, imagine me starting a thread saying "soooo, it's fulham for Cooper", then him going to Palace, it would make me look pretty thick wouldn't it?

Palace are an absolute shambles right now, half their squad is leaving this week and all the targets the men in charge could agree on turned them down. Which leaves them trying to tempt managers who know they're not wanted (in Cooper's case by the CEO). As PL jobs go it's pretty much the worst case scenario. Whoever goes in will likely be sacked or walk out by Christmas.

He's definitely been in talks with them before and after Favre was nailed on.
Cooper to Fulham on 12:10 - Jun 28 with 808 views34dfgdf54

Cooper to Fulham on 12:09 - Jun 28 by jasper_T

Palace are an absolute shambles right now, half their squad is leaving this week and all the targets the men in charge could agree on turned them down. Which leaves them trying to tempt managers who know they're not wanted (in Cooper's case by the CEO). As PL jobs go it's pretty much the worst case scenario. Whoever goes in will likely be sacked or walk out by Christmas.

Tough job, not disputing that, yeah he's been in talks with them not denying that, but if he was offered the job, in my opinion he takes it.

Agree with the part "know they are not wanted", that's pretty clear.
[Post edited 28 Jun 2021 12:12]
Cooper to Fulham on 12:12 - Jun 28 with 803 viewsDr_Parnassus

Cooper to Fulham on 12:00 - Jun 28 by 34dfgdf54

Completely disagree, you are fixated on the league they are currently in.

Palace have had 21 seasons in the top flight, Fulham have had 27. Fulham also have a higher placing than Palace in lifetime finishes. There is little to difference in fanbase.

I would guess that over his contract (lets say for arguments sake it is 3 years) Fulham will be higher than Palace come the end of it. That is where the decision is, not where they are now.

As for making a thread, it would depend what it says in the thread and what your title is referring to. But writing that title without explaining it would be pretty thick, yes.

Cooper to Fulham on 12:13 - Jun 28 with 802 viewsDr_Parnassus

Cooper to Fulham on 12:09 - Jun 28 by jasper_T

bUt tHeY aRe PrEmIEr LeaGUe MuN...

Cooper to Fulham on 12:18 - Jun 28 with 783 views34dfgdf54

Cooper to Fulham on 12:12 - Jun 28 by Dr_Parnassus

Completely disagree, you are fixated on the league they are currently in.

Palace have had 21 seasons in the top flight, Fulham have had 27. Fulham also have a higher placing than Palace in lifetime finishes. There is little to difference in fanbase.

I would guess that over his contract (lets say for arguments sake it is 3 years) Fulham will be higher than Palace come the end of it. That is where the decision is, not where they are now.

As for making a thread, it would depend what it says in the thread and what your title is referring to. But writing that title without explaining it would be pretty thick, yes.

So earlier on it was comparing the job Potter got from a club who were favorites to go down, to Cooper who was getting interest from a club who is expected to stay there?

Which is it?

<< As I said in my last post, comparing Potter 2 years down the line with Premier League managerial experience under his belt to Cooper who is potentially just about to start that journey is futile. But at the same point in their Swansea careers one was offered the job from a PL team among the favourites to go down, Cooper is wanted by a PL team favourite to stay there. >>
[Post edited 28 Jun 2021 12:19]
Cooper to Fulham on 12:20 - Jun 28 with 773 viewsDr_Parnassus

Cooper to Fulham on 12:18 - Jun 28 by 34dfgdf54

So earlier on it was comparing the job Potter got from a club who were favorites to go down, to Cooper who was getting interest from a club who is expected to stay there?

Which is it?

<< As I said in my last post, comparing Potter 2 years down the line with Premier League managerial experience under his belt to Cooper who is potentially just about to start that journey is futile. But at the same point in their Swansea careers one was offered the job from a PL team among the favourites to go down, Cooper is wanted by a PL team favourite to stay there. >>
[Post edited 28 Jun 2021 12:19]

What do you mean which is it?

I am perfectly happy with that statement as it is.

Cooper to Fulham on 12:23 - Jun 28 with 762 viewsDr_Parnassus

Cooper to Fulham on 11:54 - Jun 28 by 34dfgdf54

What the hell are you rambling on about now, this is where it starts, the emojis haha.

What blind alley am I running down? What things have I claimed you have said?

This is where it becomes obvious your are losing your temper and I can't help but find it amusing.

Oh sorry missed this.

You said I claimed that Cooper was interviewed twice, then you said I made a complete 180. I asked you where this was, you ignored it. Then you said Cooper was overlooked in favour of others (other than Favre and Nuno), I asked what evidence you had for that and you didn't provide any.

Happy for you to walk it back and continue that line of questioning from here, I will give you the benefit of the doubt you missed it... although others wouldn't be so kind I'm sure.

Cooper to Fulham on 12:25 - Jun 28 with 749 views34dfgdf54

Cooper to Fulham on 12:20 - Jun 28 by Dr_Parnassus

What do you mean which is it?

I am perfectly happy with that statement as it is.

Earlier on, when comparing both managers and the job offers they received, or allegedly received in Coopers case, you insinuated that Coopers was the better one.

Do you think Potter would have preferred Fulham to Brighton in the Premier League.
Cooper to Fulham on 12:26 - Jun 28 with 744 views34dfgdf54

Cooper to Fulham on 12:23 - Jun 28 by Dr_Parnassus

Oh sorry missed this.

You said I claimed that Cooper was interviewed twice, then you said I made a complete 180. I asked you where this was, you ignored it. Then you said Cooper was overlooked in favour of others (other than Favre and Nuno), I asked what evidence you had for that and you didn't provide any.

Happy for you to walk it back and continue that line of questioning from here, I will give you the benefit of the doubt you missed it... although others wouldn't be so kind I'm sure.

Cooper was interviewed twice - according to you yes.
Complete 180 - yeah, you've done exactly the same again.
Favre & Nuno offered jobs - Speak to the local journalists down at Palace, not difficult.

No probs.
Cooper to Fulham on 12:30 - Jun 28 with 725 viewsDr_Parnassus

Cooper to Fulham on 12:25 - Jun 28 by 34dfgdf54

Earlier on, when comparing both managers and the job offers they received, or allegedly received in Coopers case, you insinuated that Coopers was the better one.

Do you think Potter would have preferred Fulham to Brighton in the Premier League.

Right, so what point are you making?

To confirm:-

Fulham.
Years in top flight: 27
Average lifetime finish: 30
Average lifetime attendance: 16,084

Palace.
Years in top flight: 21
Average lifetime finish: 32
Average lifetime attendance: 16,282

Brighton.
Years in top flight: 8
Average lifetime finish: 39
Average lifetime attendance: 12,315

If you are to ask me what clubs have the most potential for success in the next decade, the list would be in the exact order it is above.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024