Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cooper to Fulham 23:01 - Jun 19 with 39054 views34dfgdf54

According to Nixon.

Definite possibility this one with it being Championship. Realistic.
Cooper to Fulham on 07:58 - Jun 28 with 1187 views34dfgdf54

Cooper to Fulham on 07:54 - Jun 28 by Dr_Parnassus

Yes that one, steadied a very talented ship that was among the favourites for promotion. But yes he didn’t get us relegated with Dan James et al if that is what you are saying.

If Potter gets the Spurs or Everton job I will run back to the U.K. in a zorb ball across the sea with only a sandwich and a glass of milk for company. Luckily I don’t think there is any chance of that happening, and no doubt you agree... whether you admit it or not is another thing.

Calling people out on nonsense is not anger, it’s amazement.

No I don't think he will either, but as you said about Cooper being in the same company as Favre for the Palace job, it's "decent company".

What is a fact though, and there's no arguing it, when you bring in Potter to try and back up your claim about Cooper being a good manager, one got offered a long term contract by a Premier League club after one season of managing a complete basket case club, the other, well the other hasn't.

Don't blame me, blame the chiefs at these Premier League clubs who if reading these posts, would basically think you're talking tosh.
Cooper to Fulham on 08:04 - Jun 28 with 1148 viewsDr_Parnassus

Cooper to Fulham on 07:58 - Jun 28 by 34dfgdf54

No I don't think he will either, but as you said about Cooper being in the same company as Favre for the Palace job, it's "decent company".

What is a fact though, and there's no arguing it, when you bring in Potter to try and back up your claim about Cooper being a good manager, one got offered a long term contract by a Premier League club after one season of managing a complete basket case club, the other, well the other hasn't.

Don't blame me, blame the chiefs at these Premier League clubs who if reading these posts, would basically think you're talking tosh.

Same company in terms of being interviewed multiple times and seriously considered as the next manager. Again reports were that half the Palace board were ready to offer him it and again have gone back to him.

Has Potter even had an interview for Spurs?

I didn’t bring Potter into it, I was responding to someone who did bring Potter into it though. In fact I was asking what Potter has to do with anything.

As I said in my last post, comparing Potter 2 years down the line with Premier League managerial experience under his belt to Cooper who is potentially just about to start that journey is futile. But at the same point in their Swansea careers one was offered the job from a PL team among the favourites to go down, Cooper is wanted by a PL team favourite to stay there.

The PL clubs reading these posts would note my posts as nothing more than historical fact.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Cooper to Fulham on 08:08 - Jun 28 with 1156 views34dfgdf54

Cooper to Fulham on 08:04 - Jun 28 by Dr_Parnassus

Same company in terms of being interviewed multiple times and seriously considered as the next manager. Again reports were that half the Palace board were ready to offer him it and again have gone back to him.

Has Potter even had an interview for Spurs?

I didn’t bring Potter into it, I was responding to someone who did bring Potter into it though. In fact I was asking what Potter has to do with anything.

As I said in my last post, comparing Potter 2 years down the line with Premier League managerial experience under his belt to Cooper who is potentially just about to start that journey is futile. But at the same point in their Swansea careers one was offered the job from a PL team among the favourites to go down, Cooper is wanted by a PL team favourite to stay there.

The PL clubs reading these posts would note my posts as nothing more than historical fact.

If it's true Cooper has been interviewed, which no one knows for sure, then he couldn't have been that convincing as they continue to cast the net wider and wider.

Is Cooper "wanted" by Palace then? Or have you made that up? Has he been offered the job, has he been offered a contract?
Cooper to Fulham on 08:16 - Jun 28 with 1125 viewsDr_Parnassus

Cooper to Fulham on 08:08 - Jun 28 by 34dfgdf54

If it's true Cooper has been interviewed, which no one knows for sure, then he couldn't have been that convincing as they continue to cast the net wider and wider.

Is Cooper "wanted" by Palace then? Or have you made that up? Has he been offered the job, has he been offered a contract?

It’s perfectly normal for clubs to interview candidates several times, you don’t just offer someone the job after an interview, you interview all managers that you are interested in. Martinez was interviewed multiple times for the Wigan role and if memory serves so was Brendan for Liverpool.

Yes there are several reports that Cooper has had a Palace interview. Nobody knows whether he has been offered the job or a contract, I have not seen that reported anywhere. Managerial appointments take a while, especially those in the off season, no idea how far down the line in that process they are.

Cooper to Fulham on 08:18 - Jun 28 with 1134 viewsfulhamfaninpeace

Hi all, I’m back again. So Cooper was offered the Fulham job last week, he said he wanted to speak to Palace first, he spoke to Palace and turned them down, and it’s now looking like he finally woll join Fulham by the end of this week. 3 year contract, 3 million Compo. I’ll let you know if it changes, it’s been nuts at Fulham this last week
Cooper to Fulham on 08:23 - Jun 28 with 1112 views34dfgdf54

Cooper to Fulham on 08:16 - Jun 28 by Dr_Parnassus

It’s perfectly normal for clubs to interview candidates several times, you don’t just offer someone the job after an interview, you interview all managers that you are interested in. Martinez was interviewed multiple times for the Wigan role and if memory serves so was Brendan for Liverpool.

Yes there are several reports that Cooper has had a Palace interview. Nobody knows whether he has been offered the job or a contract, I have not seen that reported anywhere. Managerial appointments take a while, especially those in the off season, no idea how far down the line in that process they are.

When it all comes down to it then, with the facts, it’s Potter was offered a long term contract by a premier league club, the other wasn’t. Got there in the end.
Cooper to Fulham on 08:27 - Jun 28 with 1084 viewsDr_Parnassus

Cooper to Fulham on 08:23 - Jun 28 by 34dfgdf54

When it all comes down to it then, with the facts, it’s Potter was offered a long term contract by a premier league club, the other wasn’t. Got there in the end.

''Hasn't yet'' as opposed to ''wasn't'', as you are applying an imaginary time limit on it for no apparent reason whatsoever other than to give a weighted statement of no relevance.

Although, according to the poster above Cooper has in fact been offered the job by Palace.

Cooper to Fulham on 08:50 - Jun 28 with 1035 views34dfgdf54

Cooper to Fulham on 08:27 - Jun 28 by Dr_Parnassus

''Hasn't yet'' as opposed to ''wasn't'', as you are applying an imaginary time limit on it for no apparent reason whatsoever other than to give a weighted statement of no relevance.

Although, according to the poster above Cooper has in fact been offered the job by Palace.

If he does get the Palace job, then i'll happily hold my hands up and say I was wrong. I got no problem with that. But as it stands, he hasn't, and I'm not expecting it to happen.

With all due respect to the poster above, I don't believe Cooper would turn down a premier league chance, it may never come around again. Only way I see him saying no, is if he has a bit of integrity about him and doesn't want to take it after being continually pushed back as they wanted Nuno, Favre and others, and he knows he is literally their panic choice. Who knows.
Login to get fewer ads

Cooper to Fulham on 08:54 - Jun 28 with 1000 viewsDr_Parnassus

Cooper to Fulham on 08:50 - Jun 28 by 34dfgdf54

If he does get the Palace job, then i'll happily hold my hands up and say I was wrong. I got no problem with that. But as it stands, he hasn't, and I'm not expecting it to happen.

With all due respect to the poster above, I don't believe Cooper would turn down a premier league chance, it may never come around again. Only way I see him saying no, is if he has a bit of integrity about him and doesn't want to take it after being continually pushed back as they wanted Nuno, Favre and others, and he knows he is literally their panic choice. Who knows.

Wrong about what? You already held your hands up about being wrong on the situation.

Who else did they offer the job to other than Nuno (overwhelming favorite for next Spurs manager) and Favre (ex Dortmund manager), where are the ''and others''?

Important these throw away comments designed to mislead are confirmed.

Many people may turn down a position in the Premier League in favor of the club most likely to be promoted there if the ambitions of both clubs are different. One would be a long term decision and the other would be a short term.

Cooper to Fulham on 09:00 - Jun 28 with 999 viewsFireboy2

Cooper to Fulham on 08:18 - Jun 28 by fulhamfaninpeace

Hi all, I’m back again. So Cooper was offered the Fulham job last week, he said he wanted to speak to Palace first, he spoke to Palace and turned them down, and it’s now looking like he finally woll join Fulham by the end of this week. 3 year contract, 3 million Compo. I’ll let you know if it changes, it’s been nuts at Fulham this last week

This is doing our heads in mate, I do hope you are right as the suspense is killing us.
Cooper to Fulham on 09:09 - Jun 28 with 985 viewsWhiterockin

Cooper to Fulham on 09:00 - Jun 28 by Fireboy2

This is doing our heads in mate, I do hope you are right as the suspense is killing us.

I hope he is right as well the sooner we are shot of him the better.
Is it a upward move in his career only time will tell. He can't have much confidence in himself to leave now. One year left on his contract and he could have walked away with a better deal as no compensation to be paid. Plus possibly a better club. Unless he thought this is as good as it gets and move on while his stock is at its peak.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Cooper to Fulham on 09:11 - Jun 28 with 981 viewsmonmouth

Cooper to Fulham on 09:00 - Jun 28 by Fireboy2

Aye, apart from the stats boys that don't watch the football, and assorted WUMs, we're all cacking ourselves that he won't go.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Cooper to Fulham on 09:11 - Jun 28 with 970 viewsDr_Parnassus

Cooper to Fulham on 09:09 - Jun 28 by Whiterockin

Is it a upward move in his career only time will tell. He can't have much confidence in himself to leave now. One year left on his contract and he could have walked away with a better deal as no compensation to be paid. Plus possibly a better club. Unless he thought this is as good as it gets and move on while his stock is at its peak.

Isn't that the same situation as Sousa, Martinez, Cooper and Rodgers? All had a contract at Swansea they could have ran down.

Seems odd to single out Cooper.

Cooper to Fulham on 09:13 - Jun 28 with 978 viewsmonmouth

Cooper to Fulham on 09:09 - Jun 28 by Whiterockin

'while his stock is at its peak' is a neat way of saying 'before his luck runs out'.

Cooper to Fulham on 09:15 - Jun 28 with 970 views34dfgdf54

Cooper to Fulham on 08:54 - Jun 28 by Dr_Parnassus

Wrong about what? You already held your hands up about being wrong on the situation.

Who else did they offer the job to other than Nuno (overwhelming favorite for next Spurs manager) and Favre (ex Dortmund manager), where are the ''and others''?

Important these throw away comments designed to mislead are confirmed.

Many people may turn down a position in the Premier League in favor of the club most likely to be promoted there if the ambitions of both clubs are different. One would be a long term decision and the other would be a short term.

What have I been wrong about?

I have no idea, but if reporting is to be believed, they don't fancy Cooper at all, so I highly doubt he has been offered the job, If he was, then I believe he would have taken it, as most would.

No misleading, just facts on how things stand.

One is an established premier league club, the other has has been up and down and supporters are pretty much all calling for their owner Tony Khan's head. The opportunity to manage in Premier League I would assume would be the deciding factor in that one. But again, who knows.
Cooper to Fulham on 09:16 - Jun 28 with 970 viewsmonmouth

Cooper to Fulham on 08:23 - Jun 28 by 34dfgdf54

Why do you bother? I think I have 11 Dimi incarnations on ignore. It's like arguing with a bot.

Cooper to Fulham on 09:16 - Jun 28 with 967 viewsFireboy2

Cooper to Fulham on 09:11 - Jun 28 by Dr_Parnassus

Isn't that the same situation as Sousa, Martinez, Cooper and Rodgers? All had a contract at Swansea they could have ran down.

Seems odd to single out Cooper.

Here he goes again 🙄
Cooper to Fulham on 09:17 - Jun 28 with 960 views34dfgdf54

Cooper to Fulham on 09:16 - Jun 28 by monmouth

Why do you bother? I think I have 11 Dimi incarnations on ignore. It's like arguing with a bot.

Yes you're probably right, a bot that gets pretty much everything spectacularly wrong.
Cooper to Fulham on 09:20 - Jun 28 with 945 viewsmonmouth

Cooper to Fulham on 09:17 - Jun 28 by 34dfgdf54

Yes you're probably right, a bot that gets pretty much everything spectacularly wrong.

Poor wiring

Cooper to Fulham on 09:21 - Jun 28 with 943 viewsjasper_T

Everyone has blinked last night/this morning, Bournemouth going to pay up for Parker so Fulham can pay up for Cooper.
Cooper to Fulham on 09:22 - Jun 28 with 937 viewsWhiterockin

Cooper to Fulham on 09:13 - Jun 28 by monmouth

'while his stock is at its peak' is a neat way of saying 'before his luck runs out'.

Exactly
It's not as if a job like Fulham comes around often. Unless you are a decent manager.
[Post edited 28 Jun 2021 9:23]

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Cooper to Fulham on 09:23 - Jun 28 with 929 viewsmonmouth

Cooper to Fulham on 09:21 - Jun 28 by jasper_T

Everyone has blinked last night/this morning, Bournemouth going to pay up for Parker so Fulham can pay up for Cooper.

Youd think thered be enough crap badgemen around to not need to pay if you want one. They should have gone for Monk and Clement. No compo and same result.

Cooper to Fulham on 09:24 - Jun 28 with 923 viewsDr_Parnassus

Cooper to Fulham on 09:15 - Jun 28 by 34dfgdf54

What have I been wrong about?

I have no idea, but if reporting is to be believed, they don't fancy Cooper at all, so I highly doubt he has been offered the job, If he was, then I believe he would have taken it, as most would.

No misleading, just facts on how things stand.

One is an established premier league club, the other has has been up and down and supporters are pretty much all calling for their owner Tony Khan's head. The opportunity to manage in Premier League I would assume would be the deciding factor in that one. But again, who knows.

I don't know, I am asking you. You said last month you were wrong about Cooper amid the Palace interest. So you clearly believed your initial stance on him was incorrect.

Saying he was behind Favre, Nuno ''and others'' is misleading though isn't it, its not anywhere close to a fact. As for ''if reports are to believed'', the reports are that they were blown away by him in the interview and have gone after him again.

Brighton have finished 15th, 17th, 15th and 16th.

Palace are going into their 9th consecutive Premier League year with an average finishing position of 12th.

Cooper to Fulham on 09:25 - Jun 28 with 919 viewsDr_Parnassus

Cooper to Fulham on 09:16 - Jun 28 by monmouth

10 of which clearly aren't me... but yes anyone who thinks I won't challenge any nonsense and does not enjoy such an exchange should probably follow your advice.

Cooper to Fulham on 09:28 - Jun 28 with 914 views34dfgdf54

Cooper to Fulham on 09:24 - Jun 28 by Dr_Parnassus

I don't know, I am asking you. You said last month you were wrong about Cooper amid the Palace interest. So you clearly believed your initial stance on him was incorrect.

Saying he was behind Favre, Nuno ''and others'' is misleading though isn't it, its not anywhere close to a fact. As for ''if reports are to believed'', the reports are that they were blown away by him in the interview and have gone after him again.

Brighton have finished 15th, 17th, 15th and 16th.

Palace are going into their 9th consecutive Premier League year with an average finishing position of 12th.

When it was being reported he was going to be named Palace boss yes. But those reports ended up being completely false. So my initial stance, as it stands, is spot on.

There are others, otherwise he would have had the job by now as these guys have long turned it down. Blown away that much they keep on casting that net wider and wider. You keep believing that.

The last two paragraphs mean nothing. One is managing in the premier league and was offered a long term contract which is pretty much unheard of apart from the Pardew debacle with Newcastle, and the other, isn't..
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024