Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY AFTERMATH 10:49 - Aug 25 with 21098 viewsNotLoyal

It’s the country and western town of Preston. The team with P N and E in their name. Let’s add an I and an S.

Saturday 28th August 2021
Deepdale Stadium
Kick Off 3pm

It’s the final game before the international break, that’s the last game before the next ones start, which will be at the end of the international break.

Match Officials
THOMAS BRAMALL
Thomas loves a card. 21 🟨 in his first 10 games. The EFL generally give him league one or two games so this is a step up.
Assisted by : Richard Wild and Steven Meredith
Fourth Official : Robert Lewis

Preston is famous for many things, the first KFC, the first Motorway, the word ‘teetotal’ comes from Preston, which I as your host totally agree with. It’s also a fact that the highest amount of bellends in the country come from Preston, oh, but think, yes bellends are made in Preston, the very ends of bells in church spires ( or lofts ) that make the noise that bloody annoy you on Sundays. That’s why they have a church with the tallest spire in England, to fit all the bellends in.

The home ends at Preston are also full of bellends.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/55617/six-players-unavai

On the day tickets will be available to purchase from the away ticket office at Deepdale.

The away ticket office is located at the Bill Shankly Kop, adjacent to the away turnstiles.

Get your vaccination today
“We hope it provides an accessible and convenient chance for supporters of both the Lilywhites, and our visitors Swansea City, to be able to get a first or second dose of the vaccine while attending the game.” Dr Zak Patel, Clinical Director, the Preston North Primary Care Network (PCN) said: “We are incredibly proud to be able to offer a mobile Covid-19 vaccination clinic in a place that is convenient and accessible, for footballers and fans alike. “Whether you’re looking forward to getting back to spending time with family and friends, planning your next holiday or counting down the days until your favourite festival, the vaccine will help keep you and those around you safe.

Preston North End: Daniel Iversen, Sepp van den Berg, Ben Whiteman, Patrick Bauer, Daniel Johnson (captain), Jordan Storey, Andrew Hughes, Ryan Ledson, Emil Riis, Sean Maguire, Josh Earl.

Substitutes: Declan Rudd, Greg Cunningham, Josh Harrop, Joe Rafferty, Scott Sinclair, Joe Rodwell-Grant, Brad Pott.

Swansea City: Steven Benda; Joel Latibeaudiere, Ryan Bennett, Ryan Manning; Ethan Laird, Jay Fulton, Matt Grimes (captain), Jake Bidwell; Jamie Paterson; Liam Cullen, Joel Piroe.

Substitutes: Ben Hamer, Kyle Naughton, Brandon Cooper, Dan Williams, Yan Dhanda, Morgan Whittaker, Jamal Lowe.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/55643/russell-martin-agr

Nothing to follow.

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY AFTERMATH on 06:18 - Sep 1 with 594 viewsjack247

PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY AFTERMATH on 02:34 - Sep 1 by Dr_Parnassus

There is nothing to believe, it’s there in black and white as soon as you were confused as to the point I made, I explained it to you in detail and was not alluding to anything of the sort. Just like when you were confused regarding my “same team” point. I corrected you immediately.

Whether you are going to believe it or not doesn’t matter, many people don’t believe the earth is round despite the proof. All we can do is continually show all the reports from all over the country, from those close to the buying clubs and of course our own common sense, which suggests that was exactly the case. We didn’t pay him off by choice, we paid him off after the deals were blocked and he told us he wasn’t going to continue, this was confirmed by the timeline of Winter.

Whether you find the Grimes issue ridiculous is also irrelevant. Many people also find the notion of the earth being round ridiculous, doesn’t mean it isn’t. There is no benefit to writing these things from the media, they are hardly viral or exciting points. If it wasn’t for our debate here, who would care? The Mail and the Atlantic have excellent track records with Swansea stories and seems like it’s more a case of you not wanting to believe what’s written and prefer pushing your own negative set of events that has absolutely no basis at all. You are literally the one person saying it. It’s fiction.

You definitely care about the Cooper thing. You have been making up these stories for months now and still continue to do so. When one is shown to be incorrect you fabricate another. It went from “touting” to “bottle”. Neither of which is backed by anything at all, and in fact opposed by an awful lot.

You were making bizarre non “unexciting football” related digs at him long before he left, so I don’t believe what you are saying is marrying up with what you have written.

You will always find a way to slag him off, even when there is absolutely nothing to do so. Any reports you will say you don’t believe and instead believe the events you just randomly made up in your head. It really is dumbfounding.

The same team point, you explained and that was fine. Strongly implying things without implicitly saying them is a forte of yours. So is backing away from them when questioned.

There is proof the earth is round. Media reports aren’t proof. Looks like we weren’t so desperate to sell Grimes after all.

I haven’t abandoned the touting thing for bottling. I think he did tout himself in the summer. It’s patently obvious how desperate he was to leave (you won’t find any direct quotes though, you can choose to dismiss the playoff press conference as ‘heat of the battle’ if you want) and I think he did bottle it on squad quality. You think he left out of principle. No reports of that or suggestion of what the principle actually was (apart from selling Grimes).

I wanted him to stay because I thought he had as good a chance at promotion as anyone. The end justifies the means. I never pretended the football was anything other than turgid. We set up to neutralise opponents rather than impose ourselves on the game more often than not. That’s not bizarre, it’s an opinion widely held on here.
[Post edited 1 Sep 2021 6:31]
PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY AFTERMATH on 06:30 - Sep 1 with 583 viewsjack247

PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY AFTERMATH on 02:40 - Sep 1 by Dr_Parnassus

We played much better at Bristol, wasn’t even close.

It was the most pragmatic style we played since he came here, and it was our best performance and best result.

It’s not a coincidence.

What you may do is great. However attendances increase with success and drop off with failure, this completely irrelevant of how the wins and losses are achieved.

Neutrals are absolutely attracted to success over how pretty something is. The evidence of that is extensive.

I don’t mean people from Swansea, I mean genuine neutrals.

We didn’t play much differently until the last 20 minutes or so, which I assume is the period Martin was referring to when he said the players deviated from his plan. I agree, that 20 minutes was the best and most pragmatic we’ve played.

They could have buried us in the first half. They had more shots and the same number of shots on target than Stoke, who did.
PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY AFTERMATH on 06:41 - Sep 1 with 570 viewsDr_Parnassus

PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY AFTERMATH on 06:18 - Sep 1 by jack247

The same team point, you explained and that was fine. Strongly implying things without implicitly saying them is a forte of yours. So is backing away from them when questioned.

There is proof the earth is round. Media reports aren’t proof. Looks like we weren’t so desperate to sell Grimes after all.

I haven’t abandoned the touting thing for bottling. I think he did tout himself in the summer. It’s patently obvious how desperate he was to leave (you won’t find any direct quotes though, you can choose to dismiss the playoff press conference as ‘heat of the battle’ if you want) and I think he did bottle it on squad quality. You think he left out of principle. No reports of that or suggestion of what the principle actually was (apart from selling Grimes).

I wanted him to stay because I thought he had as good a chance at promotion as anyone. The end justifies the means. I never pretended the football was anything other than turgid. We set up to neutralise opponents rather than impose ourselves on the game more often than not. That’s not bizarre, it’s an opinion widely held on here.
[Post edited 1 Sep 2021 6:31]

I explained both, both appeared fine and thanked me for my clarification... until you decided you wanted to use later on in the conversation to imply something different. I think the point I was making was obvious, it appeared you didn't feel so, so explained it in detail. I can do no more on that front.

But no doubt you use media when it suits you, but when you wish to portray something different you suddenly state that notoriously good sources are useless and your imagination is more accurate. It is that very reason why it is clear you have something against the manager and have for a long, long time. It isn't the first time it's been levelled again you and I am sure it won't be the last.

It seems we didn't get what we wanted for Grimes. Same as we didn't get what we wanted for Cooper. Although we have no idea what went on with Grimes, we only have media reports of which you suddenly don't believe.

You have gone from touting to bottling. Wanting to leave and touting yourself aren't the same things, one is a pro active approach the other is an inner desire. We have been through that already. I don't ''think'' anything, there is no need for imaginative scenarios, I believe the most likely scenario, which is the one that was reported on which fits with the timeline of events plus the timeline of Winters version of events.

The official line was that he was concerned with the direction the club wanted to go in, sounds very much like principle and belief to me. Especially with the added reports regarding January, regarding Grimes, regarding the demanding of high fees for Cooper. But I am sure you know all this.

We had diminished squad quality the year before and he stayed, plus we always knew Guehi and Ayew were going - yet your point was that he wanted to sign a new contract in January... so it doesn't add up does it? Or did you forget you made that point?

Your attacks on Cooper certainly are bizarre. They only exist in your head, you take a scenario, imagine the most negative way it can be presented regardless of how unlikely it is, then present it as if its a genuinely large possibility, even as fact sometimes. It's a terrible trait.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY AFTERMATH on 06:43 - Sep 1 with 567 viewsDr_Parnassus

PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY AFTERMATH on 06:30 - Sep 1 by jack247

I don’t mean people from Swansea, I mean genuine neutrals.

We didn’t play much differently until the last 20 minutes or so, which I assume is the period Martin was referring to when he said the players deviated from his plan. I agree, that 20 minutes was the best and most pragmatic we’ve played.

They could have buried us in the first half. They had more shots and the same number of shots on target than Stoke, who did.

The point remains. If we got to the Premier League last year and we were playing exactly the same under Cooper, more neutrals would be watching us than they would if we manage to play good football and are battling relegation in the Championship. Success is always more exciting than mediocrity.

We played wildly different. You couldn't have been watching the same game as me, I went in to detail to explain and demonstrate the clear differences in approach the day after, it was widely accepted the approached were different. Except that difference is now being predictably downplayed. I honestly could have written it.

Just like if we lose our next few games playing the same way, making the same mistakes, making the same errors in tactics... what will be blamed? The transfer window and we must give him until the next one...
[Post edited 1 Sep 2021 6:46]

PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY AFTERMATH on 07:04 - Sep 1 with 543 viewsjack247

PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY AFTERMATH on 06:41 - Sep 1 by Dr_Parnassus

I explained both, both appeared fine and thanked me for my clarification... until you decided you wanted to use later on in the conversation to imply something different. I think the point I was making was obvious, it appeared you didn't feel so, so explained it in detail. I can do no more on that front.

But no doubt you use media when it suits you, but when you wish to portray something different you suddenly state that notoriously good sources are useless and your imagination is more accurate. It is that very reason why it is clear you have something against the manager and have for a long, long time. It isn't the first time it's been levelled again you and I am sure it won't be the last.

It seems we didn't get what we wanted for Grimes. Same as we didn't get what we wanted for Cooper. Although we have no idea what went on with Grimes, we only have media reports of which you suddenly don't believe.

You have gone from touting to bottling. Wanting to leave and touting yourself aren't the same things, one is a pro active approach the other is an inner desire. We have been through that already. I don't ''think'' anything, there is no need for imaginative scenarios, I believe the most likely scenario, which is the one that was reported on which fits with the timeline of events plus the timeline of Winters version of events.

The official line was that he was concerned with the direction the club wanted to go in, sounds very much like principle and belief to me. Especially with the added reports regarding January, regarding Grimes, regarding the demanding of high fees for Cooper. But I am sure you know all this.

We had diminished squad quality the year before and he stayed, plus we always knew Guehi and Ayew were going - yet your point was that he wanted to sign a new contract in January... so it doesn't add up does it? Or did you forget you made that point?

Your attacks on Cooper certainly are bizarre. They only exist in your head, you take a scenario, imagine the most negative way it can be presented regardless of how unlikely it is, then present it as if its a genuinely large possibility, even as fact sometimes. It's a terrible trait.

He wanted to sign a new contract in April, not January. I didn’t make that up, I’m sure I could google easily enough.

I don’t believe a club wanting to cash in on a player running down his contract is unusual or could reasonably be construed as a big part of the reason a manager hands in his notice on principle.

Touting is the step between wanting to leave and walking out on your contract.

Thinking what you perceive to be correct is the same as believing the most likely scenario (to you).

I didn’t see any reports stating he was concerned about the direction the club was heading in. Was there any elaboration on that? So far, they have backed Martin more than Cooper in either of his seasons or Potter. It seems that from that point of view, the club is heading in a better direction than it was when he arrived.

Just an opinion to finish. What do you think I’ve actually got against Cooper, aside from what I’ve already stated? ie walking out when he did, the style we played (which I’ve caveated with the success overrode) and the fact he didn’t take public accountability when we played badly and lost.
PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY AFTERMATH on 07:14 - Sep 1 with 526 viewsDr_Parnassus

PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY AFTERMATH on 07:04 - Sep 1 by jack247

He wanted to sign a new contract in April, not January. I didn’t make that up, I’m sure I could google easily enough.

I don’t believe a club wanting to cash in on a player running down his contract is unusual or could reasonably be construed as a big part of the reason a manager hands in his notice on principle.

Touting is the step between wanting to leave and walking out on your contract.

Thinking what you perceive to be correct is the same as believing the most likely scenario (to you).

I didn’t see any reports stating he was concerned about the direction the club was heading in. Was there any elaboration on that? So far, they have backed Martin more than Cooper in either of his seasons or Potter. It seems that from that point of view, the club is heading in a better direction than it was when he arrived.

Just an opinion to finish. What do you think I’ve actually got against Cooper, aside from what I’ve already stated? ie walking out when he did, the style we played (which I’ve caveated with the success overrode) and the fact he didn’t take public accountability when we played badly and lost.

Whatever, January, February, March, April.... makes no difference. We all knew Ayew and Guehi were going then, yet he wanted to sign a new contract. That suggests the notion of him ''bottling it'' because he lost those two doesn't stand up to scrutiny.

It doesn't matter whether that is what you think, because you have no idea what the details surrounding the Grimes issue was. However sources that are pretty much always accurate state there was an issue with Grimes and that did form one of the many reasons he left. It's just the way it is.

No it isn't, ''touting himself around London looking for jobs'' is the phrase you used. You said he was actively looking for jobs in London and made up that you believed he applied for the job at Fulham but didn't get past HR or something didn't you? It was bizarre. That only exists in your version of events, like most things.

It was reported everywhere regarding the relationship breakdown and his concerns for the clubs chosen direction, but I assume as it goes against your narrative you won't believe it and instead choose to believe another scenario you invent?

I have no idea what you have against Cooper, you were brought up on it long before he left so to state that is the reason isn't accurate. What it is, isn't my concern. I have just noted that you are constantly looking to create negative waves around him with almost every scenario.
[Post edited 1 Sep 2021 7:18]

PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY AFTERMATH on 07:19 - Sep 1 with 520 viewsjack247

PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY AFTERMATH on 06:43 - Sep 1 by Dr_Parnassus

The point remains. If we got to the Premier League last year and we were playing exactly the same under Cooper, more neutrals would be watching us than they would if we manage to play good football and are battling relegation in the Championship. Success is always more exciting than mediocrity.

We played wildly different. You couldn't have been watching the same game as me, I went in to detail to explain and demonstrate the clear differences in approach the day after, it was widely accepted the approached were different. Except that difference is now being predictably downplayed. I honestly could have written it.

Just like if we lose our next few games playing the same way, making the same mistakes, making the same errors in tactics... what will be blamed? The transfer window and we must give him until the next one...
[Post edited 1 Sep 2021 6:46]

Nope. I’ve already stated enough times, the honeymoon period is over for me. Hopefully Ntcham comes in and can transition through midfield.

If he doesn’t or can’t do that, then Martin has to change his tactics.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/forum/275430/page:5

Here’s the match day thread. As you’d expect it’s a mixed bag and certainly contains more positivity than the games we lost. Pay attention to the comments from Jasper, who is probably regarded as one of the more insightful football posters on here.
PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY AFTERMATH on 07:27 - Sep 1 with 515 viewsjack247

PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY AFTERMATH on 07:14 - Sep 1 by Dr_Parnassus

Whatever, January, February, March, April.... makes no difference. We all knew Ayew and Guehi were going then, yet he wanted to sign a new contract. That suggests the notion of him ''bottling it'' because he lost those two doesn't stand up to scrutiny.

It doesn't matter whether that is what you think, because you have no idea what the details surrounding the Grimes issue was. However sources that are pretty much always accurate state there was an issue with Grimes and that did form one of the many reasons he left. It's just the way it is.

No it isn't, ''touting himself around London looking for jobs'' is the phrase you used. You said he was actively looking for jobs in London and made up that you believed he applied for the job at Fulham but didn't get past HR or something didn't you? It was bizarre. That only exists in your version of events, like most things.

It was reported everywhere regarding the relationship breakdown and his concerns for the clubs chosen direction, but I assume as it goes against your narrative you won't believe it and instead choose to believe another scenario you invent?

I have no idea what you have against Cooper, you were brought up on it long before he left so to state that is the reason isn't accurate. What it is, isn't my concern. I have just noted that you are constantly looking to create negative waves around him with almost every scenario.
[Post edited 1 Sep 2021 7:18]

No, I’m happy to believe it. I hadn’t seen reports. I asked what the concerns were likely to be, seeing as the backing the current manager is getting and Cooper presumably would have got is better than the backing anyone has had since relegation.

You’re twisting my words now. I said something along the lines of ‘he probably wouldn’t have bottled it if those two were still here’ that’s not the same as he left because those two did. The point I was making was about overall squad quality. They were good examples as they were among our best players. The Grimes thing would also fall into that category.

Constantly? I only ever discuss Cooper with you.
Login to get fewer ads

PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY AFTERMATH on 07:29 - Sep 1 with 515 viewsDr_Parnassus

As for the difference in approach in the Bristol game vs the immediate league matches before it:-

These are from the Sheff Utd game and the Stoke game:-

They are replicas. The high touch count, much of which was focussed in the danger zone about 35 yards out and was spread in a sideways direction across the back. It was this area, playing this pattern where we lost the ball twice for Stoke to score two of their goals.

Note how inefficient our attack is with their defence regularly pushing us back, leaving us only a very narrow central corridor to attack against Sheff Utd, and two non threatening wide areas against Sheff Utd. That was imposed upon us.

Now contrast this to Bristol City:-

Much less touches, from a focussed central defensive point without the focus on spreading the ball right across our danger zone. Also note the attack is far more direct and varied right across the forward line.

It was chalk and cheese.

I can also go into the composition of passes if you would like, again wildly different.
[Post edited 1 Sep 2021 8:00]

PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY AFTERMATH on 07:35 - Sep 1 with 513 viewsDr_Parnassus

PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY AFTERMATH on 07:27 - Sep 1 by jack247

No, I’m happy to believe it. I hadn’t seen reports. I asked what the concerns were likely to be, seeing as the backing the current manager is getting and Cooper presumably would have got is better than the backing anyone has had since relegation.

You’re twisting my words now. I said something along the lines of ‘he probably wouldn’t have bottled it if those two were still here’ that’s not the same as he left because those two did. The point I was making was about overall squad quality. They were good examples as they were among our best players. The Grimes thing would also fall into that category.

Constantly? I only ever discuss Cooper with you.

So you will believe some but not others, even though it's the same source? No idea what the concerns were likely to be, we aren't privy to that information. Maybe they wanted a change of style of play and Cooper was telling them that we don't have the players to do it.. who knows?

How is that twisting your words? That sentence literally means he bottled it, and he wouldn't have if they stayed... so if he wasn't bottling it based on those two, who are you referring to exactly? You have to do a fair bit of gymnastics to get to the view you stated.

You often mention Cooper, I don't always pick you up on your negative web spinning with him. But sometimes I do, we then get into these discussions.
[Post edited 1 Sep 2021 8:20]

PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY AFTERMATH on 07:55 - Sep 1 with 491 viewsDr_Parnassus

PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY AFTERMATH on 07:19 - Sep 1 by jack247

Nope. I’ve already stated enough times, the honeymoon period is over for me. Hopefully Ntcham comes in and can transition through midfield.

If he doesn’t or can’t do that, then Martin has to change his tactics.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/forum/275430/page:5

Here’s the match day thread. As you’d expect it’s a mixed bag and certainly contains more positivity than the games we lost. Pay attention to the comments from Jasper, who is probably regarded as one of the more insightful football posters on here.

Is he? I have never thought of Jasper in that way, seems to know a lot about academy level football but not someone I would turn to in order to breakdown a football match or discuss tactics/systems. I am sure you were having a lengthy discussion with him recently regarding you thinking his view of the loan system is wrong (which it clearly is).

There are very few people on here I regard as excellent in the tactical side of the game. Lisa seems to have a good grasp of it and there are one or two others I would discuss such things with, otherwise what I say seems to go over other peoples heads.

The tactical difference has been presented above. The good thing about match mapping is it has no bias, the system is the system, the patterns are the patterns and the shape is the shape.
[Post edited 1 Sep 2021 8:22]

PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY AFTERMATH on 08:47 - Sep 1 with 465 viewsjack247

PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY AFTERMATH on 07:35 - Sep 1 by Dr_Parnassus

So you will believe some but not others, even though it's the same source? No idea what the concerns were likely to be, we aren't privy to that information. Maybe they wanted a change of style of play and Cooper was telling them that we don't have the players to do it.. who knows?

How is that twisting your words? That sentence literally means he bottled it, and he wouldn't have if they stayed... so if he wasn't bottling it based on those two, who are you referring to exactly? You have to do a fair bit of gymnastics to get to the view you stated.

You often mention Cooper, I don't always pick you up on your negative web spinning with him. But sometimes I do, we then get into these discussions.
[Post edited 1 Sep 2021 8:20]

No issue at all believing he didn’t like the way the club was going. Logic backs that up. I think it’s reasonable to question reports that defy it. Prohibitive compensation demands for a manager who was desperate to leave and the Grimes thing being a big part of why he decided to leave on principle are good examples of that.

There’s no gymnastics. They are players who seriously improved our squad quality. The decline in squad quality is the actual reason. If we’d lost Ayew and Guehi but replaced them with DeBrunye and Kyle Walker, I’m sure he’d have been fine with it.

In fairness, you may be on to something about the style of play. That’s obviously been on their agenda.

I’ve hardly mentioned Cooper at all since Martin joined. To say I do often just isn’t true.
PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY AFTERMATH on 08:55 - Sep 1 with 462 viewsjack247

PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY AFTERMATH on 07:55 - Sep 1 by Dr_Parnassus

Is he? I have never thought of Jasper in that way, seems to know a lot about academy level football but not someone I would turn to in order to breakdown a football match or discuss tactics/systems. I am sure you were having a lengthy discussion with him recently regarding you thinking his view of the loan system is wrong (which it clearly is).

There are very few people on here I regard as excellent in the tactical side of the game. Lisa seems to have a good grasp of it and there are one or two others I would discuss such things with, otherwise what I say seems to go over other peoples heads.

The tactical difference has been presented above. The good thing about match mapping is it has no bias, the system is the system, the patterns are the patterns and the shape is the shape.

I would say so. I don’t agree with his point about loan players being detrimental to the club, but I certainly respect his opinion on tactics, shape etc. I would think that’s a fairly widely held view. Could be wrong.

Yeah the match mapping is great. It doesn’t change the fact that Bristol had 15 shots to our 8, 5 of which were on target.
PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY AFTERMATH on 08:56 - Sep 1 with 462 viewsDr_Parnassus

PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY AFTERMATH on 08:47 - Sep 1 by jack247

No issue at all believing he didn’t like the way the club was going. Logic backs that up. I think it’s reasonable to question reports that defy it. Prohibitive compensation demands for a manager who was desperate to leave and the Grimes thing being a big part of why he decided to leave on principle are good examples of that.

There’s no gymnastics. They are players who seriously improved our squad quality. The decline in squad quality is the actual reason. If we’d lost Ayew and Guehi but replaced them with DeBrunye and Kyle Walker, I’m sure he’d have been fine with it.

In fairness, you may be on to something about the style of play. That’s obviously been on their agenda.

I’ve hardly mentioned Cooper at all since Martin joined. To say I do often just isn’t true.

Grimes I would imagine is pretty desperate to leave too and would be fair to assume it was also our asking price which is the reason he is still here. I think its entirely logical the reports are accurate with regards to our fee demand for Cooper.

There are gymnastics. We lost a load of players the year before too, far more in fact, yet he stayed. history isn't kind to the scenario that he left because our squad got worse, just seems like another spiteful barb based on nothing.

You do mention Cooper often, less since Martin has arrived of course. But the barbs were not few and far between prior, as suggested and it wasn't to do with the football. You said touting thing 3 or 4 times (of which I challenged 2 or 3 times), you said you weren't as against him as others are, you said nobody wanted him, you said his wanting of a number 9 was wrong didn't you? but is something we are all clear we need now. Tip of the iceberg.

PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY AFTERMATH on 09:07 - Sep 1 with 459 viewsDr_Parnassus

PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY AFTERMATH on 08:55 - Sep 1 by jack247

I would say so. I don’t agree with his point about loan players being detrimental to the club, but I certainly respect his opinion on tactics, shape etc. I would think that’s a fairly widely held view. Could be wrong.

Yeah the match mapping is great. It doesn’t change the fact that Bristol had 15 shots to our 8, 5 of which were on target.

Weird, well I disagree and certainly wouldn't view someone's comments on the match thread as taking precedent over fact, especially when I haven't seen any worthwhile tactical insight from said poster.

''Having shots'' isn't a style of play. We were wildly different in approach from the Bristol game to the others, you implied the style was much the same until the last 20 mins.

You said:-

''We didn’t play much differently until the last 20 minutes or so, which I assume is the period Martin was referring to when he said the players deviated from his plan.''

That's completely inaccurate.
[Post edited 1 Sep 2021 9:19]

PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY AFTERMATH on 09:30 - Sep 1 with 445 viewsjack247

PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY AFTERMATH on 08:56 - Sep 1 by Dr_Parnassus

Grimes I would imagine is pretty desperate to leave too and would be fair to assume it was also our asking price which is the reason he is still here. I think its entirely logical the reports are accurate with regards to our fee demand for Cooper.

There are gymnastics. We lost a load of players the year before too, far more in fact, yet he stayed. history isn't kind to the scenario that he left because our squad got worse, just seems like another spiteful barb based on nothing.

You do mention Cooper often, less since Martin has arrived of course. But the barbs were not few and far between prior, as suggested and it wasn't to do with the football. You said touting thing 3 or 4 times (of which I challenged 2 or 3 times), you said you weren't as against him as others are, you said nobody wanted him, you said his wanting of a number 9 was wrong didn't you? but is something we are all clear we need now. Tip of the iceberg.

So what you meant was I mentioned Cooper a lot when he was our manager and in the immediate period after he left?

On the second paragraph, yes I hadn’t thought it may be because they wanted more aesthetic football. There’s merit to that suggestion.
PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY AFTERMATH on 09:33 - Sep 1 with 444 viewsonehunglow

PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY AFTERMATH on 07:55 - Sep 1 by Dr_Parnassus

Im afraid your ego is beginning to eat you up.
YOU are no expert,neither is lisa, or the stadium cat. We are all punters and have different views.
247 is entitled to his views as are you and yours are no more valid ,no more intelligent,no more aposite than anyone else's.

Finally, this site should not be the domain of "experts" anyway nor people who see each other as pre eminent and more educated in football.

I have a sizeable ego,far bigger than yours but I do try to rein it in.

At the moment ,it's like this

Cooper has gone.He was shyte
Martin is here.He could well go on to be worse
The team is crepe
The club is rudderless
The fans are concerned
We have unfit,unhealthy,injury prone players.
and
A manager we are urged to give all our unfettered support because he says he wants to play His way no matter what.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY AFTERMATH on 09:47 - Sep 1 with 439 viewsDr_Parnassus

PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY AFTERMATH on 09:33 - Sep 1 by onehunglow

Im afraid your ego is beginning to eat you up.
YOU are no expert,neither is lisa, or the stadium cat. We are all punters and have different views.
247 is entitled to his views as are you and yours are no more valid ,no more intelligent,no more aposite than anyone else's.

Finally, this site should not be the domain of "experts" anyway nor people who see each other as pre eminent and more educated in football.

I have a sizeable ego,far bigger than yours but I do try to rein it in.

At the moment ,it's like this

Cooper has gone.He was shyte
Martin is here.He could well go on to be worse
The team is crepe
The club is rudderless
The fans are concerned
We have unfit,unhealthy,injury prone players.
and
A manager we are urged to give all our unfettered support because he says he wants to play His way no matter what.

Where have I said I am an expert? Where have I said 247 is not entitled to his views?

Strange post, almost like you wrote it about something completely unrelated to what has gone on here.

PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY AFTERMATH on 09:50 - Sep 1 with 436 viewsDr_Parnassus

PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY AFTERMATH on 09:30 - Sep 1 by jack247

So what you meant was I mentioned Cooper a lot when he was our manager and in the immediate period after he left?

On the second paragraph, yes I hadn’t thought it may be because they wanted more aesthetic football. There’s merit to that suggestion.

I meant what I said, whenever there is an opportunity for a discussion to paint Cooper in a negative light regardless of probability of suggestion or the facts surrounding it, its likely you will also be there amongst it. How often that occurs depends on what is going on at the club at the time.

But we still didn't play anything remotely similar to the games previous to Bristol, be that in the last 20 mins or whole 90. Its was nothing alike.
[Post edited 1 Sep 2021 9:51]

PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY AFTERMATH on 09:57 - Sep 1 with 423 viewsjack247

PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY AFTERMATH on 09:50 - Sep 1 by Dr_Parnassus

I meant what I said, whenever there is an opportunity for a discussion to paint Cooper in a negative light regardless of probability of suggestion or the facts surrounding it, its likely you will also be there amongst it. How often that occurs depends on what is going on at the club at the time.

But we still didn't play anything remotely similar to the games previous to Bristol, be that in the last 20 mins or whole 90. Its was nothing alike.
[Post edited 1 Sep 2021 9:51]

Nothing to back that up at all. There’s been loads of Cooper bashing going on the last 6 weeks or so. I haven’t joined in. Next time we win, it will start up again.

Replying to your post earlier in this thread was the first time I can remember since we appointed Martin.

While he was still our manager, then yes, absolutely.
PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY AFTERMATH on 10:02 - Sep 1 with 421 viewsDr_Parnassus

PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY AFTERMATH on 09:57 - Sep 1 by jack247

Nothing to back that up at all. There’s been loads of Cooper bashing going on the last 6 weeks or so. I haven’t joined in. Next time we win, it will start up again.

Replying to your post earlier in this thread was the first time I can remember since we appointed Martin.

While he was still our manager, then yes, absolutely.

The examples I gave were proof of that, that's an unnatural of negative takes on situations, added to your comments that you weren't as against him as others, then went on to accuse him of a whole host of things from touting to bottling. That's not a non-partisan collection of views, although I am sure you will claim it is.

But again, this has nothing to do with the style of play you said was similar, which doesn't appear to be true in the slightest. Strange you seem to be ignoring that point you categorically stated.

PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY AFTERMATH on 10:08 - Sep 1 with 416 viewsjack247

PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY AFTERMATH on 10:02 - Sep 1 by Dr_Parnassus

The examples I gave were proof of that, that's an unnatural of negative takes on situations, added to your comments that you weren't as against him as others, then went on to accuse him of a whole host of things from touting to bottling. That's not a non-partisan collection of views, although I am sure you will claim it is.

But again, this has nothing to do with the style of play you said was similar, which doesn't appear to be true in the slightest. Strange you seem to be ignoring that point you categorically stated.

You can assume I dislike Cooper if you want, that’s fine, it’s incorrect but it’s your prerogative. What I do take issue with is you stating I often talk about Cooper when I have barely mentioned him for 6 weeks.

Not sure why you are trying to goad me into more discussion about the Bristol City game?
PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY AFTERMATH on 10:13 - Sep 1 with 413 viewsDr_Parnassus

PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY AFTERMATH on 10:08 - Sep 1 by jack247

You can assume I dislike Cooper if you want, that’s fine, it’s incorrect but it’s your prerogative. What I do take issue with is you stating I often talk about Cooper when I have barely mentioned him for 6 weeks.

Not sure why you are trying to goad me into more discussion about the Bristol City game?

You do often talk about Cooper, I think you have confused the word with ''regularly'' again. Like you did with 'consistently'.

often
/ˈɒf(ə)n,ˈɒft(ə)n/
Learn to pronounce
adverb
frequently; many times.

Why would you see that as goading? You made a point regarding us playing the same way against Bristol than we did in the previous games, and categorically stated that it was only the last 20 mins where we switched to a different style.

I showed that was incorrect, did a fair bit of work on your behalf to show you why this was not the case, and you have ignored it. It's just a bit odd really. Just trying to understand why you are refusing to acknowledge what you said was not the case and we indeed did play differently against Bristol City.

It was a pretty large part of the discussion. But if you feel being asked to address it is goading because you would have to walk back your claims again then feel free to continue to ignore it.
[Post edited 1 Sep 2021 10:14]

PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY AFTERMATH on 10:23 - Sep 1 with 405 viewsjack247

PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY AFTERMATH on 10:13 - Sep 1 by Dr_Parnassus

You do often talk about Cooper, I think you have confused the word with ''regularly'' again. Like you did with 'consistently'.

often
/ˈɒf(ə)n,ˈɒft(ə)n/
Learn to pronounce
adverb
frequently; many times.

Why would you see that as goading? You made a point regarding us playing the same way against Bristol than we did in the previous games, and categorically stated that it was only the last 20 mins where we switched to a different style.

I showed that was incorrect, did a fair bit of work on your behalf to show you why this was not the case, and you have ignored it. It's just a bit odd really. Just trying to understand why you are refusing to acknowledge what you said was not the case and we indeed did play differently against Bristol City.

It was a pretty large part of the discussion. But if you feel being asked to address it is goading because you would have to walk back your claims again then feel free to continue to ignore it.
[Post edited 1 Sep 2021 10:14]

When he was our manager sure. It’s a Swansea City forum and he was a big part of Swansea City. Now he’s not our manager I seldom talk about Cooper.

I ‘did’ often talk about Cooper would have been fair enough. ‘Do’ is either misleading or just inaccurate. Unless you think the sudden drop off around the time he left the club is coincidental.

Why would I see it as goading? Because that part of the conversation ended when I didn’t challenge you saying shots on target is not a playing style and you’ve attempted to resurrect it three times.
PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY AFTERMATH on 10:28 - Sep 1 with 403 viewsDr_Parnassus

PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY AFTERMATH on 10:23 - Sep 1 by jack247

When he was our manager sure. It’s a Swansea City forum and he was a big part of Swansea City. Now he’s not our manager I seldom talk about Cooper.

I ‘did’ often talk about Cooper would have been fair enough. ‘Do’ is either misleading or just inaccurate. Unless you think the sudden drop off around the time he left the club is coincidental.

Why would I see it as goading? Because that part of the conversation ended when I didn’t challenge you saying shots on target is not a playing style and you’ve attempted to resurrect it three times.

No I am perfectly happy with 'do', I don't think a 2 week break really steers away from that fact. If you cease trying to twist situations negatively and you go cold turkey for a whole season for example, then I may revisit the term when talking about it then.

So with regards to your comments on the Bristol game, you just not saying anything.. is the end of a topic?

You must have strange conversations then, usually they come to some form of conclusion don't they... as opposed to just silence with the other person having to guess that its now no longer to be discussed for whatever reason.

You haven't acknowledged that we didn't play the way you described. Have you accepted we didn't? Do you still think we did, if so - how?
[Post edited 1 Sep 2021 10:35]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024