Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY AFTERMATH 10:49 - Aug 25 with 21096 viewsNotLoyal

It’s the country and western town of Preston. The team with P N and E in their name. Let’s add an I and an S.

Saturday 28th August 2021
Deepdale Stadium
Kick Off 3pm

It’s the final game before the international break, that’s the last game before the next ones start, which will be at the end of the international break.

Match Officials
THOMAS BRAMALL
Thomas loves a card. 21 🟨 in his first 10 games. The EFL generally give him league one or two games so this is a step up.
Assisted by : Richard Wild and Steven Meredith
Fourth Official : Robert Lewis

Preston is famous for many things, the first KFC, the first Motorway, the word ‘teetotal’ comes from Preston, which I as your host totally agree with. It’s also a fact that the highest amount of bellends in the country come from Preston, oh, but think, yes bellends are made in Preston, the very ends of bells in church spires ( or lofts ) that make the noise that bloody annoy you on Sundays. That’s why they have a church with the tallest spire in England, to fit all the bellends in.

The home ends at Preston are also full of bellends.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/55617/six-players-unavai

On the day tickets will be available to purchase from the away ticket office at Deepdale.

The away ticket office is located at the Bill Shankly Kop, adjacent to the away turnstiles.

Get your vaccination today
“We hope it provides an accessible and convenient chance for supporters of both the Lilywhites, and our visitors Swansea City, to be able to get a first or second dose of the vaccine while attending the game.” Dr Zak Patel, Clinical Director, the Preston North Primary Care Network (PCN) said: “We are incredibly proud to be able to offer a mobile Covid-19 vaccination clinic in a place that is convenient and accessible, for footballers and fans alike. “Whether you’re looking forward to getting back to spending time with family and friends, planning your next holiday or counting down the days until your favourite festival, the vaccine will help keep you and those around you safe.

Preston North End: Daniel Iversen, Sepp van den Berg, Ben Whiteman, Patrick Bauer, Daniel Johnson (captain), Jordan Storey, Andrew Hughes, Ryan Ledson, Emil Riis, Sean Maguire, Josh Earl.

Substitutes: Declan Rudd, Greg Cunningham, Josh Harrop, Joe Rafferty, Scott Sinclair, Joe Rodwell-Grant, Brad Pott.

Swansea City: Steven Benda; Joel Latibeaudiere, Ryan Bennett, Ryan Manning; Ethan Laird, Jay Fulton, Matt Grimes (captain), Jake Bidwell; Jamie Paterson; Liam Cullen, Joel Piroe.

Substitutes: Ben Hamer, Kyle Naughton, Brandon Cooper, Dan Williams, Yan Dhanda, Morgan Whittaker, Jamal Lowe.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/55643/russell-martin-agr

Nothing to follow.

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY AFTERMATH on 10:42 - Sep 1 with 677 viewsjack247

PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY AFTERMATH on 10:28 - Sep 1 by Dr_Parnassus

No I am perfectly happy with 'do', I don't think a 2 week break really steers away from that fact. If you cease trying to twist situations negatively and you go cold turkey for a whole season for example, then I may revisit the term when talking about it then.

So with regards to your comments on the Bristol game, you just not saying anything.. is the end of a topic?

You must have strange conversations then, usually they come to some form of conclusion don't they... as opposed to just silence with the other person having to guess that its now no longer to be discussed for whatever reason.

You haven't acknowledged that we didn't play the way you described. Have you accepted we didn't? Do you still think we did, if so - how?
[Post edited 1 Sep 2021 10:35]

That’s down to you. When players and managers leave the club, I tend to talk about them far less on here. If you want to impose a timescale on that to cover up the fact you said I still often talk about him then crack on. Speaks volumes and not all surprising.

Watching that game, did not seem a lot different to the others to me, aside from Bristol not pressing like Stoke did, thus negating the need to play it back from midfield to defence so often. We looked just as shaky when they attacked us, but they didn’t put their chances away.

You’ve stated that shots conceded isn’t a playing style, which I can’t dispute. Take it as a win by all means. The goading was still weird though.
PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY AFTERMATH on 10:51 - Sep 1 with 662 viewsDr_Parnassus

PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY AFTERMATH on 10:42 - Sep 1 by jack247

That’s down to you. When players and managers leave the club, I tend to talk about them far less on here. If you want to impose a timescale on that to cover up the fact you said I still often talk about him then crack on. Speaks volumes and not all surprising.

Watching that game, did not seem a lot different to the others to me, aside from Bristol not pressing like Stoke did, thus negating the need to play it back from midfield to defence so often. We looked just as shaky when they attacked us, but they didn’t put their chances away.

You’ve stated that shots conceded isn’t a playing style, which I can’t dispute. Take it as a win by all means. The goading was still weird though.

You have changed what I said there, I can only assume intentionally. You have slipped the word ''still'' in there, which of course I didn't do. I said you often talk negatively about him, which you do of course. Your defence that you have been subdued on it for 2 weeks doesn't appear much of a defence to my comment to me (I understand you said 6 weeks but that's obviously incorrect considering Martin has only been here 4 weeks).

How is asking you a question that you were ignoring ''goading''? I can only assume that is more down to your feelings of having to walk back and concede a point as opposed to the nature of me naturally asking you for a follow up to the extensive proof I gave you.

It isn't goading in anybody's language, can you imagine trying to tell someone I was goading you and using this as an example? I think you would find it tough to get that view to land.

That's fair enough. But this is a prime example of people not always knowing what they are watching or indeed watching what they want to see as opposed to what is actually happening. Which again is a topic we have discussed in the past.

You say we looked just as shaky when they attacked us, I assume you mean in the last 20 mins considering that is what you referred to. In that time they had 2 shots, both off target - we had 3 shots 1 on target.
[Post edited 1 Sep 2021 10:53]

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY AFTERMATH on 11:07 - Sep 1 with 647 viewsjack247

PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY AFTERMATH on 10:51 - Sep 1 by Dr_Parnassus

You have changed what I said there, I can only assume intentionally. You have slipped the word ''still'' in there, which of course I didn't do. I said you often talk negatively about him, which you do of course. Your defence that you have been subdued on it for 2 weeks doesn't appear much of a defence to my comment to me (I understand you said 6 weeks but that's obviously incorrect considering Martin has only been here 4 weeks).

How is asking you a question that you were ignoring ''goading''? I can only assume that is more down to your feelings of having to walk back and concede a point as opposed to the nature of me naturally asking you for a follow up to the extensive proof I gave you.

It isn't goading in anybody's language, can you imagine trying to tell someone I was goading you and using this as an example? I think you would find it tough to get that view to land.

That's fair enough. But this is a prime example of people not always knowing what they are watching or indeed watching what they want to see as opposed to what is actually happening. Which again is a topic we have discussed in the past.

You say we looked just as shaky when they attacked us, I assume you mean in the last 20 mins considering that is what you referred to. In that time they had 2 shots, both off target - we had 3 shots 1 on target.
[Post edited 1 Sep 2021 10:53]

I slipped the word ‘still’ in there because you conveniently ignored the fact I had hardly spoken about Cooper since his departure. I’m either still doing it, or it’s in the past.

I started talking about him less almost soon as he left, which was maybe a fortnight before Martin was appointed. Simply because he was no longer relevant. I was more interested in discussing Martin, Eustace and Morris. I’m not pretending I didn’t say anything at all, but haven’t mentioned him ‘often’ since he left the club. Hardly at all since Martins appointment.

There have been plenty of points raised during this conversation, as well as previous ones with you, which have naturally dropped off and just not been answered. I’ve not noticed you repeatedly ask for a response before.

No, I mean in the preceding 70. I’ve said at least once, probably more during this conversation, they could have buried us in the first half. That they didn’t was more down to them than us. We looked more solid from about halfway through the second half.
PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY AFTERMATH on 12:11 - Sep 1 with 617 viewsDr_Parnassus

PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY AFTERMATH on 11:07 - Sep 1 by jack247

I slipped the word ‘still’ in there because you conveniently ignored the fact I had hardly spoken about Cooper since his departure. I’m either still doing it, or it’s in the past.

I started talking about him less almost soon as he left, which was maybe a fortnight before Martin was appointed. Simply because he was no longer relevant. I was more interested in discussing Martin, Eustace and Morris. I’m not pretending I didn’t say anything at all, but haven’t mentioned him ‘often’ since he left the club. Hardly at all since Martins appointment.

There have been plenty of points raised during this conversation, as well as previous ones with you, which have naturally dropped off and just not been answered. I’ve not noticed you repeatedly ask for a response before.

No, I mean in the preceding 70. I’ve said at least once, probably more during this conversation, they could have buried us in the first half. That they didn’t was more down to them than us. We looked more solid from about halfway through the second half.

No need to add words in though, just repeat the initial thing I said. There is an awful lot of that recently.

Everything is in the past unless you are doing it at the time of writing, but saying ''Messi often scores'' doesn't mean he is doing it right this second, or even this week, even this month. I wasn't accusing you of talking negatively about him right this second if that's what you want to hear? Its been a good couple of hours or so now, hasn't it?

Talking about him ''less'' doesn't detract from what I said though. I wasn't mentioning any sliding scales only that you often talk about him in the negative regardless of subject of discussion with regards to him.

I haven't noticed any main points get made that have not reached a conclusion and were just ignored. I took three screenshots and put a presentation together for you, if you think its natural for there to be no conclusion to that then you have completely different understanding of acceptable discourse than I do.

We played completely different in the opening 70 too, I showed that to you. I will happily show you and expand further if you like? It appears you didn't agree after all, so was very useful to peruse your position on that since showing to you we were different. It still appears you don't think so.
[Post edited 1 Sep 2021 12:27]

PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY AFTERMATH on 13:13 - Sep 1 with 607 viewsjack247

PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY AFTERMATH on 12:11 - Sep 1 by Dr_Parnassus

No need to add words in though, just repeat the initial thing I said. There is an awful lot of that recently.

Everything is in the past unless you are doing it at the time of writing, but saying ''Messi often scores'' doesn't mean he is doing it right this second, or even this week, even this month. I wasn't accusing you of talking negatively about him right this second if that's what you want to hear? Its been a good couple of hours or so now, hasn't it?

Talking about him ''less'' doesn't detract from what I said though. I wasn't mentioning any sliding scales only that you often talk about him in the negative regardless of subject of discussion with regards to him.

I haven't noticed any main points get made that have not reached a conclusion and were just ignored. I took three screenshots and put a presentation together for you, if you think its natural for there to be no conclusion to that then you have completely different understanding of acceptable discourse than I do.

We played completely different in the opening 70 too, I showed that to you. I will happily show you and expand further if you like? It appears you didn't agree after all, so was very useful to peruse your position on that since showing to you we were different. It still appears you don't think so.
[Post edited 1 Sep 2021 12:27]

Cut the nonsense. I seldom talk about Steve Cooper because he’s no longer the manager of the club. To say I often do, is wrong. To say I often did when he was at the club wouldn’t be.

‘Messi often scores….’ fine, but ‘Messi often scores for Barcelona’ would now be wrong. ‘Messi often scored for Barcelona’ would be accurate. You know as well as I do, when Cooper left the club he became less relevant to me. I’ve told you that in the past and the reduced frequency of my posts about him evidence that.

What you originally said, was I was constantly looking to create negative waves around Cooper with every scenario. My reply was that I’d barely mentioned him since he left.
PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY AFTERMATH on 15:57 - Sep 1 with 576 viewsjackrabbit

PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY AFTERMATH on 11:24 - Aug 31 by Dr_Parnassus

You literally just said...

''I don’t know if Martin is going to be a hit or a miss, but I think it’s a bit early in his tenure to be making my mind up on that.''

So you are complaining about yourself making your mind up on if he is a hit or a miss? or someone else?

If someone else, who has made their mind up?

You are A.Pedant and I claim my £5.
[Post edited 1 Sep 2021 16:02]
PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY AFTERMATH on 02:15 - Sep 2 with 540 viewsDr_Parnassus

PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY AFTERMATH on 13:13 - Sep 1 by jack247

Cut the nonsense. I seldom talk about Steve Cooper because he’s no longer the manager of the club. To say I often do, is wrong. To say I often did when he was at the club wouldn’t be.

‘Messi often scores….’ fine, but ‘Messi often scores for Barcelona’ would now be wrong. ‘Messi often scored for Barcelona’ would be accurate. You know as well as I do, when Cooper left the club he became less relevant to me. I’ve told you that in the past and the reduced frequency of my posts about him evidence that.

What you originally said, was I was constantly looking to create negative waves around Cooper with every scenario. My reply was that I’d barely mentioned him since he left.

No nonsense here, I am explaining to you why you cannot add words to peoples sentences to change them to how you want them presented. I was very clear with my wording and stand by it, ever since has been me explaining what words mean to you.

If you don’t want me to do that then stop telling me I mean something I don’t, again something that is becoming an epidemic. You often talk about Cooper in a negative way. You haven’t for a few hours and it may have lessened over the last few weeks, but the point remains sadly.

But at least we are ignoring your Bristol comments again I suppose.
[Post edited 2 Sep 2021 7:10]

PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY AFTERMATH on 02:16 - Sep 2 with 538 viewsDr_Parnassus

PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY AFTERMATH on 15:57 - Sep 1 by jackrabbit

You are A.Pedant and I claim my £5.
[Post edited 1 Sep 2021 16:02]

So you tell me that people shouldn’t make their minds up about him.

I ask you who has made up their mind?

You tell me that you have.

And I’m supposed to understand what on earth you are talking about?

Ok.

Login to get fewer ads

PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY AFTERMATH on 06:59 - Sep 2 with 526 viewsjack247

PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY AFTERMATH on 02:15 - Sep 2 by Dr_Parnassus

No nonsense here, I am explaining to you why you cannot add words to peoples sentences to change them to how you want them presented. I was very clear with my wording and stand by it, ever since has been me explaining what words mean to you.

If you don’t want me to do that then stop telling me I mean something I don’t, again something that is becoming an epidemic. You often talk about Cooper in a negative way. You haven’t for a few hours and it may have lessened over the last few weeks, but the point remains sadly.

But at least we are ignoring your Bristol comments again I suppose.
[Post edited 2 Sep 2021 7:10]

Stop lying about me and I’ll stop adding words that clarify those lies. I won’t bother with the dictionary definition of ‘constantly’, I know you know what it means.

Yeah, I was wondering if you’d start to goad again. Take it as a win.
PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY AFTERMATH on 07:09 - Sep 2 with 521 viewsDr_Parnassus

PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY AFTERMATH on 06:59 - Sep 2 by jack247

Stop lying about me and I’ll stop adding words that clarify those lies. I won’t bother with the dictionary definition of ‘constantly’, I know you know what it means.

Yeah, I was wondering if you’d start to goad again. Take it as a win.

Where am I lying about you?

If you add words to my sentences that were not there before, that means you are creating a lie rather then receiving one. The best advice I can give is stop creating them, then you shouldn't have an issue.

As for what I initially said prior to you changing it, I stand by it.

Why do you feel me wanting to talk about your Bristol City claims is goading you? Again I can only attribute that to your apparent fear of having to walk back your initial claims as opposed to me simply asking you for comment.

Nothing to win or lose, I just think it's odd you are not clarifying your position anymore after it has been presented to you. If you think someone asking you a question is goading then maybe football forums aren't best suited to your sensitivity levels?

PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY AFTERMATH on 07:15 - Sep 2 with 516 viewsjack247

PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY AFTERMATH on 07:09 - Sep 2 by Dr_Parnassus

Where am I lying about you?

If you add words to my sentences that were not there before, that means you are creating a lie rather then receiving one. The best advice I can give is stop creating them, then you shouldn't have an issue.

As for what I initially said prior to you changing it, I stand by it.

Why do you feel me wanting to talk about your Bristol City claims is goading you? Again I can only attribute that to your apparent fear of having to walk back your initial claims as opposed to me simply asking you for comment.

Nothing to win or lose, I just think it's odd you are not clarifying your position anymore after it has been presented to you. If you think someone asking you a question is goading then maybe football forums aren't best suited to your sensitivity levels?

By saying I constantly talk about Steve Cooper when I rarely have done since he left the club.
PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY AFTERMATH on 07:49 - Sep 2 with 513 viewsDr_Parnassus

PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY AFTERMATH on 07:15 - Sep 2 by jack247

By saying I constantly talk about Steve Cooper when I rarely have done since he left the club.

Couldn't be bothered to go back any further, but I have been called a liar, which I absolutely am not, so have done it on this occasion and gone back a paltry 5 weeks. Prior to that it was even more so...

This also won't include any other swipes that don't mention his name specifically, and instead refer to ''last season'' or ''the last two years'' etc

23rd July: ''I don’t make constant swipes at Cooper''. (you had been accused again of doing so, after making up some things about him hawking himself about and saying it was fact).

23rd July: I’m suggesting he was hawking/touting himself about.

23rd July: We’re talking about making it generally known that he is looking to leave Swansea and actively seeking another club.

26th July: it was pretty much accepted as an open secret in Swansea with a split over whether people wanted him to stay or go.

26th July: As I said, it’s been an open secret in Swansea since the end of the season

26th July: I’ve probably exaggerated saying it was basically an open secret in Swansea, but it’s certainly a very common opinion. (having to walk it back after being called out for it)

29th July: We don’t know why Cooper left, but it’s probably not stretching it too far to assume the quality of the squad played its part.

19th August: Thing is, without serious investment in the squad, we aren’t going to be successful playing defensive football either. Steve Cooper didn’t fancy it.... despite three weeks earlier saying:-

(27th July: I have mentioned the potential parallels between Sousa and Cooper a couple of times. Whoever comes in will at least have a reasonably solid defence to build on, even without Guehi and Woodman.)

23rd August: Games won’t be as predictable as they were under Cooper.

28th August: The Cooper way wouldn’t have worked without Ayew.

30th August: If we still had Ayew and Guehi, I doubt Steve Cooper would have bottled this season.

31st August: if Cooper still had those players at his disposal, I doubt he’d have bottled it.

As you can see it has been a pretty constant steam of fabrication and swipes since he has left. Your defence is that they have lessened since the torrent of it prior, which I would agree with, nice to see... but that still makes my post accurate.
[Post edited 2 Sep 2021 8:04]

PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY AFTERMATH on 08:07 - Sep 2 with 505 viewsjack247

PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY AFTERMATH on 07:49 - Sep 2 by Dr_Parnassus

Couldn't be bothered to go back any further, but I have been called a liar, which I absolutely am not, so have done it on this occasion and gone back a paltry 5 weeks. Prior to that it was even more so...

This also won't include any other swipes that don't mention his name specifically, and instead refer to ''last season'' or ''the last two years'' etc

23rd July: ''I don’t make constant swipes at Cooper''. (you had been accused again of doing so, after making up some things about him hawking himself about and saying it was fact).

23rd July: I’m suggesting he was hawking/touting himself about.

23rd July: We’re talking about making it generally known that he is looking to leave Swansea and actively seeking another club.

26th July: it was pretty much accepted as an open secret in Swansea with a split over whether people wanted him to stay or go.

26th July: As I said, it’s been an open secret in Swansea since the end of the season

26th July: I’ve probably exaggerated saying it was basically an open secret in Swansea, but it’s certainly a very common opinion. (having to walk it back after being called out for it)

29th July: We don’t know why Cooper left, but it’s probably not stretching it too far to assume the quality of the squad played its part.

19th August: Thing is, without serious investment in the squad, we aren’t going to be successful playing defensive football either. Steve Cooper didn’t fancy it.... despite three weeks earlier saying:-

(27th July: I have mentioned the potential parallels between Sousa and Cooper a couple of times. Whoever comes in will at least have a reasonably solid defence to build on, even without Guehi and Woodman.)

23rd August: Games won’t be as predictable as they were under Cooper.

28th August: The Cooper way wouldn’t have worked without Ayew.

30th August: If we still had Ayew and Guehi, I doubt Steve Cooper would have bottled this season.

31st August: if Cooper still had those players at his disposal, I doubt he’d have bottled it.

As you can see it has been a pretty constant steam of fabrication and swipes since he has left. Your defence is that they have lessened since the torrent of it prior, which I would agree with, nice to see... but that still makes my post accurate.
[Post edited 2 Sep 2021 8:04]

Great, so that’s five times within a month. The majority of the mentions from late July are from a single conversation I had with you. The last two, I’m assuming, are from this conversation.

How many of those are not direct responses to yourself, in a thread like this one, where you keep replying about Steve Cooper? I’d guess less than half.

There’s a three week period where I don’t mention him at all. We’ve obviously got a different definition of the word ‘constantly’.
PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY AFTERMATH on 08:12 - Sep 2 with 502 viewsDr_Parnassus

PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY AFTERMATH on 08:07 - Sep 2 by jack247

Great, so that’s five times within a month. The majority of the mentions from late July are from a single conversation I had with you. The last two, I’m assuming, are from this conversation.

How many of those are not direct responses to yourself, in a thread like this one, where you keep replying about Steve Cooper? I’d guess less than half.

There’s a three week period where I don’t mention him at all. We’ve obviously got a different definition of the word ‘constantly’.

Does it matter who you were replying to? In the vast majority of these cases you were the instigator in the conversations and were defending yourself regarding your initial comments.

There is literally no need to make things up about him. If you thought he played bad football, great. This fantasy hawking, touting, bottling nonsense is simply not needed. It's petty and its constant.

Whether it has lessened and ''only'' 5 times in the last month is completely irrelevant to the point I made. I find it staggering your defence has now shifted to a single week where you didn't make a swipe at him. A WEEK?

Come on now.

PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY AFTERMATH on 08:24 - Sep 2 with 497 viewsjack247

PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY AFTERMATH on 08:12 - Sep 2 by Dr_Parnassus

Does it matter who you were replying to? In the vast majority of these cases you were the instigator in the conversations and were defending yourself regarding your initial comments.

There is literally no need to make things up about him. If you thought he played bad football, great. This fantasy hawking, touting, bottling nonsense is simply not needed. It's petty and its constant.

Whether it has lessened and ''only'' 5 times in the last month is completely irrelevant to the point I made. I find it staggering your defence has now shifted to a single week where you didn't make a swipe at him. A WEEK?

Come on now.

Yes it does, because a conversation where he is mentioned six times is not the same as mentioning him in six separate conversations, which is exactly how that list looks.

Not a week. Three weeks, between the 29th July and the 19th August. That’s a pretty significant chunk of a five week period. Especially when I’m supposedly constantly bringing him up.
PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY AFTERMATH on 08:30 - Sep 2 with 494 viewsDr_Parnassus

PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY AFTERMATH on 08:24 - Sep 2 by jack247

Yes it does, because a conversation where he is mentioned six times is not the same as mentioning him in six separate conversations, which is exactly how that list looks.

Not a week. Three weeks, between the 29th July and the 19th August. That’s a pretty significant chunk of a five week period. Especially when I’m supposedly constantly bringing him up.

So it only counts if they are all in different threads?

Most of these are from different threads, some are from the same. But it's irrelevant, the dates are next to them.

If you genuinely don't think that is you constantly swiping at him then I don't know what else to say. We are back to your usual ''well we conceded some shots on target'' response. Admit you were wrong, that's all, or no doubt you will claim I am goading you next.

Imagine if you went to the police and reported someone for constantly sending harrassing messages. Then presented the above as proof of the frequency. At no point would the police say ''Sorry love, there was a week there where he didn't send anything, therefor you are lying''.

Just cop it, it will do you the world of good I assure you.

PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY AFTERMATH on 08:35 - Sep 2 with 490 viewsjack247

PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY AFTERMATH on 08:30 - Sep 2 by Dr_Parnassus

So it only counts if they are all in different threads?

Most of these are from different threads, some are from the same. But it's irrelevant, the dates are next to them.

If you genuinely don't think that is you constantly swiping at him then I don't know what else to say. We are back to your usual ''well we conceded some shots on target'' response. Admit you were wrong, that's all, or no doubt you will claim I am goading you next.

Imagine if you went to the police and reported someone for constantly sending harrassing messages. Then presented the above as proof of the frequency. At no point would the police say ''Sorry love, there was a week there where he didn't send anything, therefor you are lying''.

Just cop it, it will do you the world of good I assure you.

As I said, one conversation where he is mentioned six times is not the same as six different conversations.

As I also said, three weeks, not one, out of five. 60% of the time I was supposedly constantly talking about Cooper, I didn’t mention him.

This is a fans forum where people are supposed to converse. Not a police report into harassment.
PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY AFTERMATH on 08:39 - Sep 2 with 488 viewsDr_Parnassus

PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY AFTERMATH on 08:35 - Sep 2 by jack247

As I said, one conversation where he is mentioned six times is not the same as six different conversations.

As I also said, three weeks, not one, out of five. 60% of the time I was supposedly constantly talking about Cooper, I didn’t mention him.

This is a fans forum where people are supposed to converse. Not a police report into harassment.

Of course it is the same, I have absolutely no idea what you are thinking with regards to that train of thought.

The Brexit thread is 10,000 pages long or whatever it is. One guy in there is constantly talking about Brexit, do you reckon he could with a straight face say ''yeah but its all just one thread, so I'm not''.

I know this is a forum and not police reports. I was evidencing my point that an accusation of ''constant'' harassment would absolutely be sufficient if harassment was as frequent as your swipes as listed.

3 weeks in total, in between relapses. Well done, progress.

The point remains.

PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY AFTERMATH on 09:01 - Sep 2 with 468 viewsjack247

PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY AFTERMATH on 08:39 - Sep 2 by Dr_Parnassus

Of course it is the same, I have absolutely no idea what you are thinking with regards to that train of thought.

The Brexit thread is 10,000 pages long or whatever it is. One guy in there is constantly talking about Brexit, do you reckon he could with a straight face say ''yeah but its all just one thread, so I'm not''.

I know this is a forum and not police reports. I was evidencing my point that an accusation of ''constant'' harassment would absolutely be sufficient if harassment was as frequent as your swipes as listed.

3 weeks in total, in between relapses. Well done, progress.

The point remains.

Absolutely fine, I just didn’t want any misrepresentation. Anyone who clicked on your post would think it was twelve separate conversations.

The word ‘constant’ is going to have different implications in a complaint about harassment and a message board, as you know.

Relapses. I nearly broke a smiley out for that one. 60% of the period you evidenced me constantly talking about Cooper, not a word.

Prior to that, absolutely. He was a hot topic at the time.
PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY AFTERMATH on 09:07 - Sep 2 with 466 viewsDr_Parnassus

PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY AFTERMATH on 09:01 - Sep 2 by jack247

Absolutely fine, I just didn’t want any misrepresentation. Anyone who clicked on your post would think it was twelve separate conversations.

The word ‘constant’ is going to have different implications in a complaint about harassment and a message board, as you know.

Relapses. I nearly broke a smiley out for that one. 60% of the period you evidenced me constantly talking about Cooper, not a word.

Prior to that, absolutely. He was a hot topic at the time.

They would be right to think that, at least in principle. They were 12 separate occasions, many on different days in what you describe as the same conversation. Each post is a different swipe in itself, whether some were in the same thread, or repeating prior swipes is irrelevant.

The word constant should give anybody a fairly large insight into what is meant by that, in the context of taking swipes at someone. I am sure they didn't assume I was talking about you sat there 24/7 in your undies, having swipes at Cooper only taking breaks for drinks and meals.

If someone was bizarrely making up things to have a swipe at me bi-weekly, I would absolutely describe that as the person constantly having a swipe at me. As would you no doubt.

The fact you are counting when you haven't done so in groups of 7 days says it all. You could probably go back 10 years and not find me making up negative things about managers like that, and I wasn't fond of a few, a lot of these are personal digs. I would probably be counting in decade blocks, not blocks of 7 days.
[Post edited 2 Sep 2021 9:23]

PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY AFTERMATH on 09:36 - Sep 2 with 450 viewsjack247

PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY AFTERMATH on 09:07 - Sep 2 by Dr_Parnassus

They would be right to think that, at least in principle. They were 12 separate occasions, many on different days in what you describe as the same conversation. Each post is a different swipe in itself, whether some were in the same thread, or repeating prior swipes is irrelevant.

The word constant should give anybody a fairly large insight into what is meant by that, in the context of taking swipes at someone. I am sure they didn't assume I was talking about you sat there 24/7 in your undies, having swipes at Cooper only taking breaks for drinks and meals.

If someone was bizarrely making up things to have a swipe at me bi-weekly, I would absolutely describe that as the person constantly having a swipe at me. As would you no doubt.

The fact you are counting when you haven't done so in groups of 7 days says it all. You could probably go back 10 years and not find me making up negative things about managers like that, and I wasn't fond of a few, a lot of these are personal digs. I would probably be counting in decade blocks, not blocks of 7 days.
[Post edited 2 Sep 2021 9:23]

I’m sure they didn’t. I’m also sure they wouldn’t expect a three week gap in the five week period being discussed either.

Let’s see how I get on in the next 5 shall we?
PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY AFTERMATH on 09:47 - Sep 2 with 447 viewsDr_Parnassus

PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY AFTERMATH on 09:36 - Sep 2 by jack247

I’m sure they didn’t. I’m also sure they wouldn’t expect a three week gap in the five week period being discussed either.

Let’s see how I get on in the next 5 shall we?

Really? I think they would think it's as irrelevant to the point as I do. They are certainly frequent enough to constitute so. These aren't run of the mill things, making negative stuff up about a manager.

Bit like having my window smashed in with a football. If it happened 4 times a year I would say its happening constantly. Having stuff made up about me I would probably put in the same ball park as that, it's rare it happens.

Yes let's see how you get on. Hopefully we won't hear anymore of this touting, bottling and hawking nonsense.

PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY AFTERMATH on 10:34 - Sep 2 with 433 viewsjack247

PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY AFTERMATH on 09:47 - Sep 2 by Dr_Parnassus

Really? I think they would think it's as irrelevant to the point as I do. They are certainly frequent enough to constitute so. These aren't run of the mill things, making negative stuff up about a manager.

Bit like having my window smashed in with a football. If it happened 4 times a year I would say its happening constantly. Having stuff made up about me I would probably put in the same ball park as that, it's rare it happens.

Yes let's see how you get on. Hopefully we won't hear anymore of this touting, bottling and hawking nonsense.

You’re not in the public eye though are you?

‘Constantly’ is going to have different connotations when you’re comparing discussing a football manager on the team he manages/manageds forum with a police harassment case or having your window smashed by a football.

I can guarantee you I won’t speak about Cooper much, if at all (unless he comes back or gets the Wales job). I may join in conversations if he gets the Forest or Derby job as examples, that would be short lived though, because I don’t care about those clubs.
PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY AFTERMATH on 10:42 - Sep 2 with 429 viewsDr_Parnassus

PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY AFTERMATH on 10:34 - Sep 2 by jack247

You’re not in the public eye though are you?

‘Constantly’ is going to have different connotations when you’re comparing discussing a football manager on the team he manages/manageds forum with a police harassment case or having your window smashed by a football.

I can guarantee you I won’t speak about Cooper much, if at all (unless he comes back or gets the Wales job). I may join in conversations if he gets the Forest or Derby job as examples, that would be short lived though, because I don’t care about those clubs.

Doesn't matter, anyone be it in the public eye or not, I would find it extremely strange to have negative things made up about them. If someone was doing it to a point where they would count the times they didn't in 7 day blocks, I would say that is 'constantly'. I have said it's odd time and time again.

You have changed that though haven't you, I am not accusing you of ''discussing a football manager'', I am accusing you of taking swipes at him, much of which is fabrications about his character and actions. That isn't run of the mill football chat.

Perfect then, I hope that is the case. It will annoy people to keep seeing the same group of people making things up about people connected to the club who were successful for us, these kind of exchanges are the natural upshot of that.
[Post edited 2 Sep 2021 10:47]

PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY AFTERMATH on 11:18 - Sep 2 with 411 viewsjack247

PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY AFTERMATH on 10:42 - Sep 2 by Dr_Parnassus

Doesn't matter, anyone be it in the public eye or not, I would find it extremely strange to have negative things made up about them. If someone was doing it to a point where they would count the times they didn't in 7 day blocks, I would say that is 'constantly'. I have said it's odd time and time again.

You have changed that though haven't you, I am not accusing you of ''discussing a football manager'', I am accusing you of taking swipes at him, much of which is fabrications about his character and actions. That isn't run of the mill football chat.

Perfect then, I hope that is the case. It will annoy people to keep seeing the same group of people making things up about people connected to the club who were successful for us, these kind of exchanges are the natural upshot of that.
[Post edited 2 Sep 2021 10:47]

It started off as often talking about Cooper. Constantly and sly digs came in later, so I haven’t changed it, but yes holistically there isn’t much difference.

From that list, all the entries on 23rd are quite evidently one conversation where you’re just asking me to expand or clarify what I’ve already said.

Same applies to the entries on the 26th.

Entries on the 27th and 29th aren’t in any way disparaging towards Cooper, if anything they are supportive of him. I’ve no idea why you’ve included these in a list of swipes.

Entry on the 19th August- Steve Cooper didn’t fancy it. You can count that as a dig if you want, but it’s factual.

23rd and 28th - Both are opinions that I expect many to agree with. You’d have to be extremely sensitive to get upset by either.

30th and 31st, both the same discussion, part of this thread, where I basically say he bottled it because the squad wasn’t strong enough.

So if we’re looking at swipes, I’d whittle that list down to three conversations, five if you class me saying his football was predictable or wouldn’t work without Ayew as swipes.

The three genuine knocks, would have been single entries had you not asked me to expand on them.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024