Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY AFTERMATH 10:49 - Aug 25 with 21099 viewsNotLoyal

It’s the country and western town of Preston. The team with P N and E in their name. Let’s add an I and an S.

Saturday 28th August 2021
Deepdale Stadium
Kick Off 3pm

It’s the final game before the international break, that’s the last game before the next ones start, which will be at the end of the international break.

Match Officials
THOMAS BRAMALL
Thomas loves a card. 21 🟨 in his first 10 games. The EFL generally give him league one or two games so this is a step up.
Assisted by : Richard Wild and Steven Meredith
Fourth Official : Robert Lewis

Preston is famous for many things, the first KFC, the first Motorway, the word ‘teetotal’ comes from Preston, which I as your host totally agree with. It’s also a fact that the highest amount of bellends in the country come from Preston, oh, but think, yes bellends are made in Preston, the very ends of bells in church spires ( or lofts ) that make the noise that bloody annoy you on Sundays. That’s why they have a church with the tallest spire in England, to fit all the bellends in.

The home ends at Preston are also full of bellends.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/55617/six-players-unavai

On the day tickets will be available to purchase from the away ticket office at Deepdale.

The away ticket office is located at the Bill Shankly Kop, adjacent to the away turnstiles.

Get your vaccination today
“We hope it provides an accessible and convenient chance for supporters of both the Lilywhites, and our visitors Swansea City, to be able to get a first or second dose of the vaccine while attending the game.” Dr Zak Patel, Clinical Director, the Preston North Primary Care Network (PCN) said: “We are incredibly proud to be able to offer a mobile Covid-19 vaccination clinic in a place that is convenient and accessible, for footballers and fans alike. “Whether you’re looking forward to getting back to spending time with family and friends, planning your next holiday or counting down the days until your favourite festival, the vaccine will help keep you and those around you safe.

Preston North End: Daniel Iversen, Sepp van den Berg, Ben Whiteman, Patrick Bauer, Daniel Johnson (captain), Jordan Storey, Andrew Hughes, Ryan Ledson, Emil Riis, Sean Maguire, Josh Earl.

Substitutes: Declan Rudd, Greg Cunningham, Josh Harrop, Joe Rafferty, Scott Sinclair, Joe Rodwell-Grant, Brad Pott.

Swansea City: Steven Benda; Joel Latibeaudiere, Ryan Bennett, Ryan Manning; Ethan Laird, Jay Fulton, Matt Grimes (captain), Jake Bidwell; Jamie Paterson; Liam Cullen, Joel Piroe.

Substitutes: Ben Hamer, Kyle Naughton, Brandon Cooper, Dan Williams, Yan Dhanda, Morgan Whittaker, Jamal Lowe.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/55643/russell-martin-agr

Nothing to follow.

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY AFTERMATH on 11:37 - Aug 30 with 782 viewsjackrmee

PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY AFTERMATH on 11:31 - Aug 30 by Dr_Parnassus

If I wanted Martin gone then I wouldn’t say “I don’t want him sacked”.

You have an incredibly weak point of view and are simply trying to put them up against facts. In order to combat that you are implying my views are something they aren’t and attacking those fantasy views.

I see through it.

Again, are you the poster that said I wanted half the squad sold and wanted Martin dead? You keep avoiding the question. I am surprised you are still allowed to post after that.

If you can’t stand facts then maybe sign up to the Disney forum, I’m sure you can talk about fairy tales and happy endings to your hearts content there.

This is a football forum, we discuss what has happened and what is happening, not what may happen in a distant land under preferable circumstances.

If you don’t like it… tough.

WHy don't you go trawl through the threads like you normally do?
Oh yeah, because you already have.
I see through you too mate. A joke and an embarrassment.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY AFTERMATH on 11:38 - Aug 30 with 769 viewsDr_Parnassus

PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY AFTERMATH on 11:37 - Aug 30 by jackrmee

You see nothing, which is why you have to make up peoples opinions in order to argue against them.

So I will take it you are the same troll as the one who said those things then.

Makes sense now I guess.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY AFTERMATH on 11:41 - Aug 30 with 763 viewsonehunglow

PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY AFTERMATH on 11:37 - Aug 30 by jackrmee

This is football and it divides.
Ive been called my own worse enemy.This for appending opinions that some disagree with.

We are seeing our club dragged down at a rapid rate and a manager,utterly unproven,seen as John the Baptist if not the Messiah. My opinion is we are trusting too much in Martin .If his glorious plan fails,he will be off and we will be screwed and looking to play Forest Green next year and Cheltenham so some nice derbies there for fans.

We are in deep trouble IMO

If wrong ,then so what.

It is just football.Innit.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY AFTERMATH on 11:44 - Aug 30 with 763 viewsjackrmee

PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY AFTERMATH on 11:38 - Aug 30 by Dr_Parnassus

You see nothing, which is why you have to make up peoples opinions in order to argue against them.

So I will take it you are the same troll as the one who said those things then.

Makes sense now I guess.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY AFTERMATH on 11:47 - Aug 30 with 756 viewsonehunglow

PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY AFTERMATH on 11:44 - Aug 30 by jackrmee

He's no troll
He posts opinion.You don't like? Neither do I on much but so what?

He aint the problem

Martn,Winter,The Yanks are.

Divert the anger to those deserving

PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY AFTERMATH on 11:49 - Aug 30 with 760 viewsjackrmee

PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY AFTERMATH on 11:47 - Aug 30 by onehunglow

He's no troll

He aint the problem

The emojis were aimed at myself mate.
If you didn't notice, he was the one calling me a troll, not the other way round.

PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY AFTERMATH on 12:01 - Aug 30 with 744 viewsonehunglow

PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY AFTERMATH on 11:49 - Aug 30 by jackrmee

The emojis were aimed at myself mate.
If you didn't notice, he was the one calling me a troll, not the other way round.

Sorry about that.
I am not a troll although Im not exactly sure what one is.
I might be a WUM

I dont normally use emojis as words seem better

PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY AFTERMATH on 12:01 - Aug 30 with 748 viewsjackrmee

PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY AFTERMATH on 12:01 - Aug 30 by onehunglow

Sorry about that.
I might be a WUM

Not even sure what one is myself haha

Login to get fewer ads

PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY AFTERMATH on 12:07 - Aug 30 with 740 viewsDr_Parnassus

PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY AFTERMATH on 11:47 - Aug 30 by onehunglow

He's no troll

He aint the problem

Correct. The bloke brings up the death of our manager and makes up everyone’s opinions for them and he expects not to be labelled a troll?

Nah

PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY AFTERMATH on 13:26 - Aug 30 with 701 viewsjackrmee

PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY AFTERMATH on 12:07 - Aug 30 by Dr_Parnassus

Correct. The bloke brings up the death of our manager and makes up everyone’s opinions for them and he expects not to be labelled a troll?

Nah

Oh my goodness.
"Brings up the death of our manager" hahahahahahahahaaaaaa.
Sad man.

PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY AFTERMATH on 13:34 - Aug 30 with 692 viewsDr_Parnassus

PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY AFTERMATH on 13:26 - Aug 30 by jackrmee

Oh my goodness.
"Brings up the death of our manager" hahahahahahahahaaaaaa.
Sad man.

You denying it now then?

PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY AFTERMATH on 14:56 - Aug 30 with 652 viewsjack247

PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY AFTERMATH on 11:06 - Aug 30 by Dr_Parnassus

That’s my point, it wasn’t regular because we were fortunate to keep them fit. But when we were without them, we consistently got results. That’s just a fact.

I am not suggesting we would have got 80 points, is simply a visual tool to understand the sort of results we were pulling off without them. No doubt that would have tailed off if we were without them more, but when we were without them we adapted successfully, suggesting this team is also capable of picking up regular points.

It is the same side as the ones we had without Ayew and Guehi plus a load of others including a £1m striker.

We did not know Grimes was unlikely to sign another. The end of Grimes’ contact also coincided with the end of Coopers. Him leaving at the end of his contract was of no consequence to Cooper. He wanted his captain for this season and is looks like he was told that he would be sold, considering the debacle in January he clearly wasn’t happy with that situation and facing it again trying to replace his captain.

You say you are conscious about going down the route but still keep referring to him and framing things in the negative despite essentially having to walk it all back last time you did it. You know I won’t let that slide so it’s probably best you move on.

As for why he wouldn’t stay if Ayew and Guehi stayed, is the same answer it was the last time you brought it up about an hour ago. It sounded like a breakdown of relationship after January and then being faced with having his captain sold from under him, plus what seemed like a block put in place to bigger clubs wanting Cooper by demanding an unrealistic amount of compensation.

Guehi and Ayew were never going to be here next season, it’s a pointless discussion. They clearly werent the reason he left, weren’t the reason he came and no doubt won’t be demanding them at his next job. It’s a moot talking point.

Nobody has said they expect everything clicking and firing on all cylinders in week 1, in fact it’s categorically been stated time to perfect or optimise it is fine, but time to make things even remotely acceptable is not something I think anyone signed up to.

Again I ask, who in our last 20 years has changed the style and not put acceptable results together relatively quickly? Nobody, is the answer… they all have (Bradley aside). They all required time to perfect their tactics, sure. But that isn’t what is currently being demanded on this board, apparently we have to give him months and months on end until we can critique a performance or make common sense observations that the level of performance isn’t anywhere near good enough.

Thank you for clarifying in that second paragraph. The posts with the calculations implied they didn’t make much difference to our points tally.

Yes, it’s the same side without those two in the same way Liverpool would be the same side without Salah and Van Dijk. Plus a £25m signing and a couple of others.

We did know Grimes was unlikely to sign another contract. He has been one of our best players for the last 2 seasons and was refusing to enter into contract talks. For a manager to resign in pre season, on a point of principle, because the club wanted to cash in on one of our most valuable assets entering the last year of his contract, when he knew full well the way we operate when he joined us, I just can’t buy that.

As I said, the Cooper point was just a way of highlighting my disagreement on your point about Ayew and Guehi. I don’t keep referring to him at all. I will when I think he’s relevant. Much like Ayew and Guehi, I don’t bring him into conversations very often at all, at least since Martin joined the club.

The answer you gave earlier on was your answer, not the answer. Again, having a fallout in January, then wanting an improved contract in March/April seems an odd build up to leaving in the summer. Matt Grimes wanting to keep his options open and the club reacting by doing what’s best for the club isn’t enough of a reason for me. I’m not suggesting he left because Ayew and Guehi did, just stating I doubt he would have if they didn’t.

The last point. I agree. Nobody has. I do think Martin has a different mandate to most of those managers. The way I see it, he’s been brought in to overhaul the way we play. I don’t think promotion or playoffs were top of the agenda for this particular season. If he gets through it, I’m sure that pressure will come soon enough. I very much doubt either he or the board would have been under any illusions over how difficult the early stages of that would be.

Personally, I’ve got no issues with critique or common sense observations. I agree with a lot of it. I’ve already said in different threads I couldn’t fathom why he didn’t play Piroe from the off and am not convinced by the wingbacks being higher up the pitch than Cullen. At the same time, I’m not a huge fan of the reactionary hysteria we’ve seen from some on here and feel quite within my rights to point out it’s been 5 games with no pre season trying to imbed a completely different style.
PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY AFTERMATH on 15:40 - Aug 30 with 639 viewsjack247

PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY AFTERMATH on 12:01 - Aug 30 by onehunglow

Sorry about that.
I might be a WUM

You aren’t a troll or a WUM, nor is Dr Parnassus, you both get called it sometimes because you manage to rub people up the wrong way.

Thankfully, there aren’t many on here at all IMO. They are easy enough to spot. I think DGT got banned again recently.
PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY AFTERMATH on 15:59 - Aug 30 with 636 viewsjackrmee

PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY AFTERMATH on 13:34 - Aug 30 by Dr_Parnassus

You denying it now then?

I wrote "dead" instead of "gone", yes.
You trying to say that you took that seriously and I actually thought you were planning Russell Martin's murder?

PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY AFTERMATH on 16:48 - Aug 30 with 622 viewsjackrabbit

PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY AFTERMATH on 10:54 - Aug 30 by Dr_Parnassus

Who is making their mind up on whether he is a hit or a miss?

I have made no predictions for the future, I’m simply commenting on what we have seen. So far what we have seen has been awful.. and going back to time, he will get it if he is showing signs that the team can play the way he wants.

So far they aren’t.

“ Who is making their mind up on whether he is a hit or a miss? ”

Me.

I made no allusions about anybody else. I was just describing my attitude to our new manager.
PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY TEAMS AND THREAD on 10:16 - Aug 31 with 550 viewsAndyCole

PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY TEAMS AND THREAD on 01:53 - Aug 30 by WalterBoyd

It's hard to argue with facts.

In the morning get ready for :
1. Covid
2.Lack of fitness ( throwing the players under the bus ,
3. Tired ( throwing the players under the bus)
4. Preseason ( no other team in the leage was affected by this)
5. New tactics, our players have never been asked to keep possession before and be entertaining, it's a whole new concept to them. They were taught to hoof and give the ball away as often ad you can, bless them.
6. All the tidy ones are being sold, if any poor sod will buy them
7. I have only been here for 1 week, 2 weeks, 3 week, 4 week 1 year, 5 years... no other job in the world accepts such bullshit excuses but Swans fans do.

Besides all that good, some fans happy to get relegated together back to the Swansea way.

To be fair, I am almost happy to get to league zero to avoid such bull shitting , pass the buck , its his fault not mine , dodge the bullet ness as this arse wipe spouts in every post match interview.

Do you friggin job that you get paid for.

Possession based entertaining football my arse, not yet it ain't.

Besides that Russ is doing a great job, let's give him time.

This would be one the posts of the month were it not so tragically depressing.

Let's hope there isn't a 6b) I didn't get all 23 players I demanded in my slick powerpoint.

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY AFTERMATH on 10:17 - Aug 31 with 550 viewsBrynmill_Jack

PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY AFTERMATH on 10:28 - Aug 30 by jack247

It wasn’t regular either, but by consistent I mean you can’t get enough consistency in 5 games to estimate how we’d have done in 46 (or 7/92) with any degree of accuracy. The fact your calculation shows we’d have been an average of 5 points per season better off without Ayew evidences that.

We all also knew Grimes was out of contract this season and unlikely to sign a new one. Resigning over selling him in that situation wouldn’t be a matter of principle, as it would be the right think to do.

I’m conscious of going down the Steve Cooper route though, it’s been done to death and I’m more interested in discussing Russell Martin. I was essentially just disagreeing with your point on Ayew and Guehi by saying in the hypothetical situation they had stayed, I’m sure he would too. Why wouldn’t he? 3 consecutive playoff finishes and out of contract. He’d have been sitting pretty in May.

I’ll admit I didn’t expect the change in style to be as drastic. I’d much prefer the wingbacks drop deeper to provide options when we play it out from the back and the midfielders to be further forward. I completely expected patchy results and performances, though I did expect more than 4 points after 5 games.

I don’t expect him to change his playing style at all. I think he’ll bring a couple in tomorrow and suddenly we’ll have 4 or 5 first teamers handpicked by Martin, plus the existing players he thinks are suited to his style.

The alternative would have been to play football closer to what we were used to until this point, or even January, then attempt to get us to play his way. As it stands, we’ve almost certainly got less points than we would have doing that, but the players have a months training and 7 games playing the way they will be required to play going forward. As long as we don’t find ourselves in genuine relegation danger, I’m ok with that.

I don’t expect everything to click a week Saturday, but do expect improvement from then on in.

Beware, he’s sucking you in again….

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY AFTERMATH on 10:27 - Aug 31 with 547 viewsonehunglow

PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY AFTERMATH on 15:40 - Aug 30 by jack247

You aren’t a troll or a WUM, nor is Dr Parnassus, you both get called it sometimes because you manage to rub people up the wrong way.

Thankfully, there aren’t many on here at all IMO. They are easy enough to spot. I think DGT got banned again recently.

"manage to rub people up the wrong way".Who would that be then.
I'll answer that for you.Those who cannot tolerate the truth or what is apparent or what is right.
People who don't agree with an opinion have a choice.Do as Fireboy does and blank or as others do and put on ignore.
Nobody should be defamed for having an opinion on a player/manager or the club.
To call a player/manager shyte/conman/clown is part of football talk,the like of which is heard at all pubs prior to a game.Nobody at all would call another fan filth for having a different view.Nobody has aid boo to a goose to me-EVER.

Cowards abound.

247.If I wanted to rub people up the wrong way properly,your eyeballs would burst.

I will elaborate as you seem slow to catch on here (no offence); Trampie/Killykenny put views on here I found horrendous BUT we have drawn back from the edge of Filth. Im pretty sure they are decent men albeit ones whose views I hate.

Dr P posts what I see often as rather arrogant content as does resolven and his welsh racist views but again,these are opinions and I respect them for having the balls to state them. Many havent the guts to post how they really feel. I have and will always.

You use the term "own worst enemy" too .Says who and what gives anyone the right to state such crepe.

I'll sign off now before I rub you off again.

PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY AFTERMATH on 11:08 - Aug 31 with 524 viewsjack247

PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY AFTERMATH on 10:27 - Aug 31 by onehunglow

"manage to rub people up the wrong way".Who would that be then.
I'll answer that for you.Those who cannot tolerate the truth or what is apparent or what is right.
People who don't agree with an opinion have a choice.Do as Fireboy does and blank or as others do and put on ignore.
Nobody should be defamed for having an opinion on a player/manager or the club.
To call a player/manager shyte/conman/clown is part of football talk,the like of which is heard at all pubs prior to a game.Nobody at all would call another fan filth for having a different view.Nobody has aid boo to a goose to me-EVER.

Cowards abound.

247.If I wanted to rub people up the wrong way properly,your eyeballs would burst.

I will elaborate as you seem slow to catch on here (no offence); Trampie/Killykenny put views on here I found horrendous BUT we have drawn back from the edge of Filth. Im pretty sure they are decent men albeit ones whose views I hate.

Dr P posts what I see often as rather arrogant content as does resolven and his welsh racist views but again,these are opinions and I respect them for having the balls to state them. Many havent the guts to post how they really feel. I have and will always.

You use the term "own worst enemy" too .Says who and what gives anyone the right to state such crepe.

I'll sign off now before I rub you off again.

You don’t need to talk yourself up. Bragging about how hard or dangerous you are on a forum won’t impress people.

You haven’t rubbed me up the wrong way. I was talking about the forum in general. Your post about how many down arrows you get tells you as much, though I get a lot of it is from one or two weirdos who are obsessed with you (and will probably down arrow my future posts for saying so).

Don’t worry about offending me, I’ve routinely agreed with your views on bias towards English people, as well as the anti vax crew. The fact you think you need to elaborate there is adorable.

It’s a forum. The point is to allow everyone to air their views. I quite often think your football related posts are belligerent, entitled, reactionary or just nonsense. I’m entitled to my opinion and can usually back it up with more than just bluster.

I quite often agree with your non football posts and find the variety of topics you start interesting and worth reading.

Anyway, the point was you were musing over what a troll or WUM is. They are people who post things just to get bites from other people. I was saying you weren’t one of them.
PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY AFTERMATH on 11:10 - Aug 31 with 516 viewsDr_Parnassus

PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY AFTERMATH on 15:59 - Aug 30 by jackrmee

I wrote "dead" instead of "gone", yes.
You trying to say that you took that seriously and I actually thought you were planning Russell Martin's murder?

No, I thought you were trying to get a reaction by using the term ''wanting our manager dead'', that's the kind of thing trolls do.

I still think that.

PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY AFTERMATH on 11:21 - Aug 31 with 504 viewsDr_Parnassus

PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY AFTERMATH on 14:56 - Aug 30 by jack247

Thank you for clarifying in that second paragraph. The posts with the calculations implied they didn’t make much difference to our points tally.

Yes, it’s the same side without those two in the same way Liverpool would be the same side without Salah and Van Dijk. Plus a £25m signing and a couple of others.

We did know Grimes was unlikely to sign another contract. He has been one of our best players for the last 2 seasons and was refusing to enter into contract talks. For a manager to resign in pre season, on a point of principle, because the club wanted to cash in on one of our most valuable assets entering the last year of his contract, when he knew full well the way we operate when he joined us, I just can’t buy that.

As I said, the Cooper point was just a way of highlighting my disagreement on your point about Ayew and Guehi. I don’t keep referring to him at all. I will when I think he’s relevant. Much like Ayew and Guehi, I don’t bring him into conversations very often at all, at least since Martin joined the club.

The answer you gave earlier on was your answer, not the answer. Again, having a fallout in January, then wanting an improved contract in March/April seems an odd build up to leaving in the summer. Matt Grimes wanting to keep his options open and the club reacting by doing what’s best for the club isn’t enough of a reason for me. I’m not suggesting he left because Ayew and Guehi did, just stating I doubt he would have if they didn’t.

The last point. I agree. Nobody has. I do think Martin has a different mandate to most of those managers. The way I see it, he’s been brought in to overhaul the way we play. I don’t think promotion or playoffs were top of the agenda for this particular season. If he gets through it, I’m sure that pressure will come soon enough. I very much doubt either he or the board would have been under any illusions over how difficult the early stages of that would be.

Personally, I’ve got no issues with critique or common sense observations. I agree with a lot of it. I’ve already said in different threads I couldn’t fathom why he didn’t play Piroe from the off and am not convinced by the wingbacks being higher up the pitch than Cullen. At the same time, I’m not a huge fan of the reactionary hysteria we’ve seen from some on here and feel quite within my rights to point out it’s been 5 games with no pre season trying to imbed a completely different style.

No, I meant the same side picking up regular points without Ayew and/or Guehi is essentially the same side we have now, except we have spent millions on more signings on top. There is absolutely no reason we cant also be competitive like we were without those two plus without all the new signings Martin has.

I disagree, I never thought Grimes would run down his contract and always thought it fairly likely he would sign another. I don't think it's the way we operate that's the issue, I think it's the lack of input the manager seems to get in personnel that was the issue, something that didn't appear to be the case prior to January.

There is nothing to disagree with regarding my point of Ayew and Guehi, they are simply facts. We adapted and picked up points regularly on the occasions we were without them, which in turn would be the same side we have now (expect without all the new players we now have).

I didn't say it was to do with the fallout in January, I said it was due to a breakdown of relationship stemming from January. Breakdown in relationships happen over time, this was no doubt the start in my opinion. Grimes being sold from under him and the unrealistic price they were putting on Coopers head seemed to be the last straw - which again aligns with what was reported.

Again, we have had a whole host of managers imbed a completely different style and none of them have required 2 years to get acceptable results and performances (not even 2 months). 4 transfer windows is being bandied about now for some reason.

It's just bonkers stuff from people not wanting to face the realities that the way they want to play isn't as easy as they thought.

PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY AFTERMATH on 11:24 - Aug 31 with 493 viewsDr_Parnassus

PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY AFTERMATH on 16:48 - Aug 30 by jackrabbit

“ Who is making their mind up on whether he is a hit or a miss? ”

Me.

I made no allusions about anybody else. I was just describing my attitude to our new manager.

You literally just said...

''I don’t know if Martin is going to be a hit or a miss, but I think it’s a bit early in his tenure to be making my mind up on that.''

So you are complaining about yourself making your mind up on if he is a hit or a miss? or someone else?

If someone else, who has made their mind up?

PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY AFTERMATH on 11:28 - Aug 31 with 485 viewsjackrmee

PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY AFTERMATH on 11:21 - Aug 31 by Dr_Parnassus

No, I meant the same side picking up regular points without Ayew and/or Guehi is essentially the same side we have now, except we have spent millions on more signings on top. There is absolutely no reason we cant also be competitive like we were without those two plus without all the new signings Martin has.

I disagree, I never thought Grimes would run down his contract and always thought it fairly likely he would sign another. I don't think it's the way we operate that's the issue, I think it's the lack of input the manager seems to get in personnel that was the issue, something that didn't appear to be the case prior to January.

There is nothing to disagree with regarding my point of Ayew and Guehi, they are simply facts. We adapted and picked up points regularly on the occasions we were without them, which in turn would be the same side we have now (expect without all the new players we now have).

I didn't say it was to do with the fallout in January, I said it was due to a breakdown of relationship stemming from January. Breakdown in relationships happen over time, this was no doubt the start in my opinion. Grimes being sold from under him and the unrealistic price they were putting on Coopers head seemed to be the last straw - which again aligns with what was reported.

Again, we have had a whole host of managers imbed a completely different style and none of them have required 2 years to get acceptable results and performances (not even 2 months). 4 transfer windows is being bandied about now for some reason.

It's just bonkers stuff from people not wanting to face the realities that the way they want to play isn't as easy as they thought.

One minute you're saying that we need loads of new players to play our new manager's style.
Next minute you're saying that we have the same squad minus Ayew and Guehi, so we should be able to play just as well without signing any players.

Make up your mind mun.

PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY AFTERMATH on 11:35 - Aug 31 with 477 viewsDr_Parnassus

PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY AFTERMATH on 11:28 - Aug 31 by jackrmee

One minute you're saying that we need loads of new players to play our new manager's style.
Next minute you're saying that we have the same squad minus Ayew and Guehi, so we should be able to play just as well without signing any players.

Make up your mind mun.

Correct, I am.

We certainly should be able to pick up regular points with this squad yes, the last manager proved that. That's kind of my point, we are insisting on playing in a way these players can't... meaning results are suffering.

Keep up at the back.

PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY AFTERMATH on 11:52 - Aug 31 with 465 viewsjack247

PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY AFTERMATH on 11:21 - Aug 31 by Dr_Parnassus

Clubs don’t let their most saleable assets run their contracts down when they are prepared to sign new ones. Same applies to Connor Roberts. Resigning on principle because the club were then prepared to listen to offers for him would be unusual to say the least.

When he left, it was the same team minus one of the best players in the Championship and a defender then sold for £20m, with Roberts out for 6-8 weeks, Plus Piroe and I think Walsh.

By ‘people’ I’m assuming you’re referring to other people. I was under no illusion that we’d have a difficult start and that was before I knew Martin would confound it with his system that puts huge pressure on the defensive midfielder.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024