Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The peaky blinders match thread. 23:10 - Jan 1 with 24872 viewsqpr_1968

must be the only one not going to birmingham.
had to cancel the coach because of circumstances failed to get match tickets.

have a good day out everyone going.

2-0 qpr.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

The peaky blinders match thread. on 16:36 - Jan 2 with 2184 viewsPinnerPaul

Much better performance than Bristol - they only got in on our goal twice.

Agree with Brian above - gave up possession a little cheaply at times & would have liked to see us create more, but even I admit these are 'difficult' times. so as Clive said in the preview, just keep in there, that's the name of the game.

Ref - OK, nothing major wrong, let a lot of holding go, but consistent both sides, happy with that.

Nice to see Sinton call out the little melee after foul on Barbet - ref is there, he's got the card out, why does Field have to get involved?

Anyway, that's a minor point,

2 away wins after 2 home defeats is just what we needed.
The peaky blinders match thread. on 16:39 - Jan 2 with 2158 viewsdmm

The peaky blinders match thread. on 16:21 - Jan 2 by QPR_John

Not unpopular with me.

I'm sure the club will want to send some of the youngsters out on loan out and being cup tied might be a disadvantage to a receiving club. It might be better to play those needing games such as Dozzell, Field, Amos, Wallace, Thomas, Dykes, Gray and Odubajo if he's back.
The peaky blinders match thread. on 16:41 - Jan 2 with 2128 viewsStainrod

The peaky blinders match thread. on 16:39 - Jan 2 by dmm

I'm sure the club will want to send some of the youngsters out on loan out and being cup tied might be a disadvantage to a receiving club. It might be better to play those needing games such as Dozzell, Field, Amos, Wallace, Thomas, Dykes, Gray and Odubajo if he's back.

Kakay and Ball would be two obvious starters, probably Thomas too.
The peaky blinders match thread. on 16:41 - Jan 2 with 2116 viewsBrianMcCarthy

The peaky blinders match thread. on 16:32 - Jan 2 by Stainrod

Were you the fan in the Upper Loft who used to shout that every time Gary Waddock ventured to the half way line????

No, and I'm npot Denise who used to shout 'AVE IIIIM!!!! anytime the oppo crossed the halfway line!

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

The peaky blinders match thread. on 16:43 - Jan 2 with 2098 viewsdmm

The peaky blinders match thread. on 16:41 - Jan 2 by Stainrod

Kakay and Ball would be two obvious starters, probably Thomas too.

Kakay will be at AFCON with Sierra Leone
The peaky blinders match thread. on 16:45 - Jan 2 with 2066 viewsted_hendrix

The peaky blinders match thread. on 16:41 - Jan 2 by BrianMcCarthy

No, and I'm npot Denise who used to shout 'AVE IIIIM!!!! anytime the oppo crossed the halfway line!

'AVE IIIIM!!!!

I used to think that was a Woman Brian.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

The peaky blinders match thread. on 16:46 - Jan 2 with 2030 viewsBrianMcCarthy

The peaky blinders match thread. on 16:45 - Jan 2 by ted_hendrix

'AVE IIIIM!!!!

I used to think that was a Woman Brian.

It was, Ted. It was Denise.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

The peaky blinders match thread. on 16:48 - Jan 2 with 2014 viewsdmm

The peaky blinders match thread. on 16:31 - Jan 2 by kensalriser

BBC has us at 41% possession which is the mirror of what we'd normally have. Does that sound right (I didn't see the game)?

The Whoscored site has 41% possession too. I'm a little surprised at that but it wasn't our normal style today. We sought to control the game through keeping good shape and no-nonsense defending. It largely worked though wasn't pretty.
Login to get fewer ads

The peaky blinders match thread. on 16:49 - Jan 2 with 1996 viewsBoston

The peaky blinders match thread. on 16:24 - Jan 2 by Jigsore

Wow, great win. Was afraid before the match that Deeney would f*ck us somehow but apart from a period in the second half we mostly held Birmingham at arm's length.

Willock back to his best. Dieng composed again, we're going to miss him. But we really need Dykes to find form again soon, that's my main worry atm!

Deeney was invisible for the best part of the time he was on the pitch.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

The peaky blinders match thread. on 16:51 - Jan 2 with 1970 viewsted_hendrix

The peaky blinders match thread. on 16:46 - Jan 2 by BrianMcCarthy

Jesus wept I need to learn how to read properly

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

The peaky blinders match thread. on 16:55 - Jan 2 with 1933 viewsBoston

The peaky blinders match thread. on 16:46 - Jan 2 by BrianMcCarthy

Denise....the menace.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

The peaky blinders match thread. on 16:57 - Jan 2 with 1920 viewsStainrod

The peaky blinders match thread. on 16:43 - Jan 2 by dmm

Kakay will be at AFCON with Sierra Leone

of course - my bad
The peaky blinders match thread. on 16:58 - Jan 2 with 1912 viewshantssi

I can’t believe the clubs we're likely to be loaning to will still be in the cup so can’t see it being an issue.
The peaky blinders match thread. on 17:04 - Jan 2 with 1836 viewsstowmarketrange

The peaky blinders match thread. on 16:55 - Jan 2 by Boston

Denise....the menace.

Aka sh@t in a bucket after an away trip to naarwich on the supporters coach back in the days before toilets became the norm on coaches.
The peaky blinders match thread. on 17:25 - Jan 2 with 1703 viewsQPROslo

The peaky blinders match thread. on 14:29 - Jan 2 by CamberleyR

For a two yellows=red sending off, it would only be a two match ban if the sending had been his second of the season.

Dozzell a late withrawal due illness, not Covid, according to Nick London.
The peaky blinders match thread. on 17:49 - Jan 2 with 1541 viewsessextaxiboy

Not for me, Thomas Gray and Adebajo on the bench at most . Play the 23s and let Impey take the game .
The peaky blinders match thread. on 17:57 - Jan 2 with 1465 viewsTacticalR

On the train back. Sublime goal from Willock right in front of the away fans. Birmingham were absolutely terrible, but we couldn't really be confident of winning until we got a second goal. It was a good move to get Johansen on as we needed a bit of experience to settle nerves. Albert Adomah scoring, conducting the fans and generally having a whale of a time.

Air hostess clique

The peaky blinders match thread. on 18:33 - Jan 2 with 1321 viewsMelakaRanger

Much better today though still far from our best. But 6 points from the last two games must be applauded.

Albert’s goal was a beauty and after scoring he raced the whole length of the field to the QPR supporters. Willocks goal even better.

Hope we play a 2nd eleven for the cup match as we will need to be back to our best for the West Brom game
The peaky blinders match thread. on 19:05 - Jan 2 with 1184 viewsQPROslo

The peaky blinders match thread. on 16:48 - Jan 2 by dmm

The Whoscored site has 41% possession too. I'm a little surprised at that but it wasn't our normal style today. We sought to control the game through keeping good shape and no-nonsense defending. It largely worked though wasn't pretty.

Yes, I don't remember us passing it around at the back much today, which is I guess why our possession was down at 41%
The peaky blinders match thread. on 19:12 - Jan 2 with 1150 viewsManinBlack

Another fine away win and makes a change to score first to give us some breathing space in the game.

It will be interesting to see if us and Rotherham have enough fit players to make wholesale changes for our meeting. I imagine Rotherham's priority is also the league so maybe both of us want to make an early exit. Having lost at home to one league 1 team, I don't really want us to lose to another. Won't be easy as they have only lost one in 23 games.
The peaky blinders match thread. on 19:27 - Jan 2 with 1100 viewsBenny_the_Ball

The peaky blinders match thread. on 16:49 - Jan 2 by Boston

Deeney was invisible for the best part of the time he was on the pitch.

You'd think he'd make more of an effort for our cup final.
The peaky blinders match thread. on 19:29 - Jan 2 with 1088 viewsqprxtc

Rangers rangers you are the best

In the Princess of Wales in villiers street charity g cross.

Get the f uck in you insane bastards.

Love rangers love Guinness more.

We are going up up up and away

Give it to me baby

Lap it up spunksville
The peaky blinders match thread. on 19:30 - Jan 2 with 1067 viewsdezzar

The peaky blinders match thread. on 17:04 - Jan 2 by stowmarketrange

Aka sh@t in a bucket after an away trip to naarwich on the supporters coach back in the days before toilets became the norm on coaches.

Standard behaviour in Felling Stowmarket. I do fondly rember that cry at aways early nineties late eighties
The peaky blinders match thread. on 19:34 - Jan 2 with 1029 viewsDorse

The peaky blinders match thread. on 17:04 - Jan 2 by stowmarketrange

Wouldn't have been so bad but she was on the top deck and the bucket was downstairs.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

The peaky blinders match thread. on 19:35 - Jan 2 with 1020 viewsMyke

The peaky blinders match thread. on 16:36 - Jan 2 by PinnerPaul

Much better performance than Bristol - they only got in on our goal twice.

Agree with Brian above - gave up possession a little cheaply at times & would have liked to see us create more, but even I admit these are 'difficult' times. so as Clive said in the preview, just keep in there, that's the name of the game.

Ref - OK, nothing major wrong, let a lot of holding go, but consistent both sides, happy with that.

Nice to see Sinton call out the little melee after foul on Barbet - ref is there, he's got the card out, why does Field have to get involved?

Anyway, that's a minor point,

2 away wins after 2 home defeats is just what we needed.

Yes Paul, the perfect reaction to two home defeats is two away wins. I felt we need 4/6 to get back on track, to pick up all six is excellent.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024