Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dykes in Scotland squad... 11:27 - Mar 18 with 11985 viewsGaxZE

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/12017/12566706/aaron-hickey-gets-first-s

Marshall too, this was dated 15th. Surely Dykes can't play?

Apologies if this has already been discussed. Saw some bits from MW about it after the Forest game:

"We always want our players to go away at get international experience but if he is not fit for us he is not fit for Scotland."
[Post edited 18 Mar 2022 11:32]
Dykes in Scotland squad... on 20:33 - Mar 22 with 3403 viewsOldPedro

A few away on international duty

Looks like Grey will be playing for Jamaica on 31st March, so not sure he will be available for the Fulham game on the 2nd April

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Dykes in Scotland squad... on 11:38 - Mar 28 with 3112 viewsBlackAndGoldRanger

Dykes is training today - hopefully see him in the QPR Squad for Saturday!
Dykes in Scotland squad... on 11:44 - Mar 28 with 3080 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Dykes in Scotland squad... on 11:38 - Mar 28 by BlackAndGoldRanger

Dykes is training today - hopefully see him in the QPR Squad for Saturday!

Dykes in Scotland squad... on 13:59 - Mar 28 with 2850 viewsThGrimRanger

based on the fact that he couldn't make the bench vs peterboro then he shouldn't even be there - unbelievable

TheGrimRanger

Dykes in Scotland squad... on 15:13 - Mar 28 with 2676 viewsdaveB

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/lyndon-dykes-declared
Dykes in Scotland squad... on 15:30 - Mar 28 with 2627 viewsNorthernr

Asked if he was confident there wouldn’t be any fall out, Clarke smiled: “Not from our side.”

Absolute pis take.
Dykes in Scotland squad... on 15:49 - Mar 28 with 2562 viewsMick_S

Dykes in Scotland squad... on 15:30 - Mar 28 by Northernr

Asked if he was confident there wouldn’t be any fall out, Clarke smiled: “Not from our side.”

Absolute pis take.

Did he really smile?

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Dykes in Scotland squad... on 16:13 - Mar 28 with 2528 viewscolinallcars

Players aren't as tough as they used to be.
When my Grandad was with the eighth army with Monty in 1941, he used to have to boil the water for the tea in a brown paper bag. When they ran out of brown paper bags he boiled it in his cupped hands. Tough ?
Login to get fewer ads

Dykes in Scotland squad... on 17:02 - Mar 28 with 2444 viewsMick_S

Absolute pis take.

That is such a twa t of an answer.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Dykes in Scotland squad... on 17:17 - Mar 28 with 2398 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Dykes in Scotland squad... on 17:02 - Mar 28 by Mick_S

That is such a twa t of an answer.

Well he did say they were guided by QPR whatever that means but either way its frustrating that he is ready to play when we were desperate last few games .
I see Ireland are playing Scotland in June so maybe a Jimmy Dunne v Dykes battle .I wont mention Manning or Hendrick
Dykes in Scotland squad... on 17:35 - Mar 28 with 2344 viewsdaveB

Playing devils advocate Warburton did say last week he was going to train with us and if he showed no reaction he could go away with Scotland so I think its only likely to be an issue if he breaks down again even then we did agree to let him go
Dykes in Scotland squad... on 17:43 - Mar 28 with 2319 viewsHarbour

Dykes in Scotland squad... on 17:35 - Mar 28 by daveB

Playing devils advocate Warburton did say last week he was going to train with us and if he showed no reaction he could go away with Scotland so I think its only likely to be an issue if he breaks down again even then we did agree to let him go

It’s either going to crock him for the rest of the season or make him fit for Saturday for his hat trick v Fulham hopefully the latter.
Dykes in Scotland squad... on 17:53 - Mar 28 with 2292 viewsVancouverHoop

Dykes in Scotland squad... on 20:33 - Mar 22 by OldPedro

A few away on international duty

Looks like Grey will be playing for Jamaica on 31st March, so not sure he will be available for the Fulham game on the 2nd April

Gray didn't play against Canada yesterday. And, as Jamaica can't qualify for the WC finals, there doesn't seem to be any valid reason why he should play on Thursday.
Dykes in Scotland squad... on 17:55 - Mar 28 with 2287 viewsNorthernr

Here's the quote in context.
Something not right about this whole thing for me. Right from the start we were told it was only a knock, then he's out for five weeks. Then he goes away with Scotland and he's absolutely fine. If they try and give it the old "Lyndon had a game in the week so he couldn't start" stuff on Saturday I'll give it a good, hard stare.

Dykes in Scotland squad... on 18:07 - Mar 28 with 2256 viewsPunteR

This invisible Dykes thing all seems a bit weird doesn't it?
Surely Dykes has the final say? Of course Scotland want him to play, they don't pay his wages. The impression i get is QPR don't want him to go whether medically fit (on paper)or not. Who can blame them? We're into the business end of the season with a chance of making the playoff and we're also plagued by injury problems to key players.
Personally, id like to see a bit more consideration and dare i say it, loyalty from Dykes.
Maybe this will all blow over , no dramas and Dykes comes back to the club ,confident and firing on all cylinders and scores the goal we need to make the playoffs.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Dykes in Scotland squad... on 18:28 - Mar 28 with 2185 viewsNorthernr

Dykes in Scotland squad... on 18:07 - Mar 28 by PunteR

Surely Dykes has the final say? Of course Scotland want him to play, they don't pay his wages. The impression i get is QPR don't want him to go whether medically fit (on paper)or not. Who can blame them? We're into the business end of the season with a chance of making the playoff and we're also plagued by injury problems to key players.
Personally, id like to see a bit more consideration and dare i say it, loyalty from Dykes.
Maybe this will all blow over , no dramas and Dykes comes back to the club ,confident and firing on all cylinders and scores the goal we need to make the playoffs.

And going by what we've done previously he would have had to play a B Team game or something first before coming back in, so looking at the positives maybe they see this as that?
Dykes in Scotland squad... on 18:36 - Mar 28 with 2143 viewsOldPedro

Dykes in Scotland squad... on 18:28 - Mar 28 by Northernr

And going by what we've done previously he would have had to play a B Team game or something first before coming back in, so looking at the positives maybe they see this as that?

Hopefully he'll only play 45 mins max and then it will help him get ready for the Fulham game (if only 60 mins from start or 30 mins in the 2nd half)

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Dykes in Scotland squad... on 18:53 - Mar 28 with 2074 viewsstevec

Wonder if there’s been a fallout amongst the three strikers and one of them has been asked/or asked to be left out the squad for a while.

All fighting over one spot, meagre opportunities for a shot at goal, three different potential duos and we know none of those work anyway, I’d have thought a powder keg from start to finish.

Also might explain why the kid who did okay at Torquay is being held back in case we sour the poor sod before he’s even began.
Dykes in Scotland squad... on 18:57 - Mar 28 with 2056 viewsQPR_John

Dykes in Scotland squad... on 18:07 - Mar 28 by PunteR

“ Surely Dykes has the final say? ”

In that he can retire from International football otherwise he has to go with Scotland if selected. That’s how I read it
Dykes in Scotland squad... on 20:00 - Mar 28 with 1937 viewsqprd

see you later lyndon.... please sell him this summer
Dykes in Scotland squad... on 21:19 - Mar 28 with 1783 viewsPaddyhoops

Absolute pis take.

Looks like the tail is wagging the dog here.
Are we just a vehicle to give him the odd game here and there for Scotland's tilt at the world cup.
What if Andy Robertson hadn't played for a month. I doubt he would be anywhere near the squad.
Dykes in Scotland squad... on 21:21 - Mar 28 with 1783 viewsdaveB

Dykes in Scotland squad... on 18:53 - Mar 28 by stevec

Wonder if there’s been a fallout amongst the three strikers and one of them has been asked/or asked to be left out the squad for a while.

All fighting over one spot, meagre opportunities for a shot at goal, three different potential duos and we know none of those work anyway, I’d have thought a powder keg from start to finish.

Also might explain why the kid who did okay at Torquay is being held back in case we sour the poor sod before he’s even began.

I think that's a bit far fetched to be honest. They've played together all season without any issues. Austin and Dykes appear quite close from the outside and if they had fallen out I'm not sure I've ever heard of a situation where a player refused to play due to an internal argument especially when one of the 3 strikers is only on loan.

Armstrong is probably being held back as he's not ready yet rather than anything more sinister

It could be any number of things, pick your own conspiracy theory or he might have had an injury and be coming back from it now as the club have been saying for several weeks. Warburton has said every week they are hoping to get Dykes back soon but sometimes these things take time. Nothing seems to be being said about the validity of Willock or Deing being out at the moment or others like Adomah, Wallace and Field earlier in the season.

I do get that we're in a bad run and everyone is looking for hidden reasons but in this case I just think the fella has been injured and is now coming back.
Dykes in Scotland squad... on 22:06 - Mar 28 with 1695 viewsflynnbo

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/60826832
Dykes in Scotland squad... on 10:41 - Mar 29 with 1388 viewsjohncharles

Maybe Clarke has no intention of playing him. Just wants him along because he’s an important to the squad. I’m sure he’s a great guy to have in the dressing room. Also Clarke has always been guarded about his team selections. Maybe he just wants to keep the opposition guessing.

Strong and stable my arse.

Dykes in Scotland squad... on 11:13 - Mar 29 with 1308 viewsTheChef

Without wanting to go down the conspiracy theories route, shall we give him the benefit of the doubt and if he plays for Scotland, view it as an equivalent runout for our U23s to prove his fitness; and if all fine then he plays some part on Saturday and fires us to victory.

If he plays for Scotland but then doesn't even make the bench on Saturday, then sure get the pitchforks etc.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024