Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stockdale Gone 16:03 - Aug 18 with 28313 viewsHullDale

N/T
Stockdale Gone on 16:59 - Aug 18 with 3613 viewssomdale

4 games 😂😂😂
Delusional
Stockdale Gone on 17:00 - Aug 18 with 3593 viewsKnavesmireBob

Well done board. Can't have been a pleasant couple of weeks for them, especially today. Pleased to see no mention of 'mutual consent' in the announcement too, always feels disingenuous when you read that, really good to see us owning our decisions.
Stockdale Gone on 17:01 - Aug 18 with 3585 views49thseason

Stockdale Gone on 16:41 - Aug 18 by D_Alien

Yes, i agree and would've done exactly the same in their position

That it hasn't worked out is no reflection on them. We won't know (nor should we) whether it was a unanimous decision or how it was arrived at, but this being their first collective experience of appointing and firing in a sporting context, the ruminations they'll have gone through should stand them in good stead

Firing people is one of the great tests of a Manager or Director. I have worked at companies where firing a colleague was almost a required event. Its a statement of power and in this case a statement to the whole club.... perform or be sacked, no passengers, be they players or office staff, either everyone puts their shoulder to the wheel now or expect the inevitable.
If this club gets relegated again, it will be the end of the road. we are simply not set up to be a non-league team , the local population won't support it and without local support, its over.
Stockdale Gone on 17:10 - Aug 18 with 3473 viewselectricblue

I hope that the board have somebody in mind and will take over soon....
Also i hope that there is a bit of money for the new manager to bring in a LB and another CM........

Alexander seems to be some supporters choice which could be a good option, but whoever it is the board appoint from outside the club will hopefully use McNulty and Hendersons experience with the first team......
[Post edited 18 Aug 2022 17:17]

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Stockdale Gone on 17:17 - Aug 18 with 3348 views442Dale

Stockdale Gone on 17:01 - Aug 18 by 49thseason

Firing people is one of the great tests of a Manager or Director. I have worked at companies where firing a colleague was almost a required event. Its a statement of power and in this case a statement to the whole club.... perform or be sacked, no passengers, be they players or office staff, either everyone puts their shoulder to the wheel now or expect the inevitable.
If this club gets relegated again, it will be the end of the road. we are simply not set up to be a non-league team , the local population won't support it and without local support, its over.

While it would be disastrous to be relegated, why would it be the end? It’s accepted we are reasonably well run and don’t spend beyond our means. Look at Halifax, they exist at that level in crowds that are nothing special.

Then there are other non-league sides without anywhere near the traditional fan base. One look at teams at those levels illustrates this.

What’s it the end of?

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Stockdale Gone on 17:20 - Aug 18 with 3322 viewsblackdogblue

Robbiexit aside… agree with the majority, nice guy & rescued us from the drop last season with the dregs of BBM”s era & his ex mates on the board….

For me we need a Manager with experience as experiments like Robbie & Steve Eyre do not work…

Alexander would be a good choice on in some ways but with Salfords money he could not get promotion which was his downfall rumours had it..

Sean Dyche is doing nowt at the moment 😀

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Stockdale Gone on 17:22 - Aug 18 with 3277 viewsTVOS1907

Stockdale Gone on 17:20 - Aug 18 by blackdogblue

Robbiexit aside… agree with the majority, nice guy & rescued us from the drop last season with the dregs of BBM”s era & his ex mates on the board….

For me we need a Manager with experience as experiments like Robbie & Steve Eyre do not work…

Alexander would be a good choice on in some ways but with Salfords money he could not get promotion which was his downfall rumours had it..

Sean Dyche is doing nowt at the moment 😀

Experiments like Robbie and Eyre HAVEN'T worked, you mean.

Keith Hill did work.

The likes of Matt Taylor (Exeter) and Rob Edwards (Forest Green & Watford), to name two, have worked.

It's all about getting the right man, regardless of background and experience.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Stockdale Gone on 17:22 - Aug 18 with 3277 viewsHullDale

One thing I do hope happens tonight (maybe naively) is that the players sit down and take a long, hard look at themselves.

All bar Keohane are Stockdale signings or extensions, and I'm pretty sure they all said on joining that they were impressed by Robbie, his plans, his tactics and the club.

Despite being told to zonal mark and play his system, I think we have seen a lack of effort and desire from a lot of them so far this season... those things should be an absolute given from every individual regardless of who the current manager is. Maybe some of them will reflect and wonder if their lack of effort was a factor in a good man losing his job.

We're not glamorous, we're not particularly successful, and god knows we're probably not a 'sexy' club to join... but we're honest, hard working, loyal, stable and (all things considered) a good club that can provide a platform for them to progress their careers upwards... they are all lucky to be professional footballers (so few make it) and there are much, much worse clubs to be a part of.

We need to see a reaction from them on Saturday.
Login to get fewer ads

Stockdale Gone on 17:29 - Aug 18 with 3177 viewsrichfoad32

Stockdale Gone on 17:22 - Aug 18 by HullDale

One thing I do hope happens tonight (maybe naively) is that the players sit down and take a long, hard look at themselves.

All bar Keohane are Stockdale signings or extensions, and I'm pretty sure they all said on joining that they were impressed by Robbie, his plans, his tactics and the club.

Despite being told to zonal mark and play his system, I think we have seen a lack of effort and desire from a lot of them so far this season... those things should be an absolute given from every individual regardless of who the current manager is. Maybe some of them will reflect and wonder if their lack of effort was a factor in a good man losing his job.

We're not glamorous, we're not particularly successful, and god knows we're probably not a 'sexy' club to join... but we're honest, hard working, loyal, stable and (all things considered) a good club that can provide a platform for them to progress their careers upwards... they are all lucky to be professional footballers (so few make it) and there are much, much worse clubs to be a part of.

We need to see a reaction from them on Saturday.

I would agree with most of that, but re: new signings praising all things Dale when they join, what are you seriously expecting them to say?
Stockdale Gone on 17:30 - Aug 18 with 3159 viewsblackdogblue

Stockdale Gone on 17:22 - Aug 18 by TVOS1907

Experiments like Robbie and Eyre HAVEN'T worked, you mean.

Keith Hill did work.

The likes of Matt Taylor (Exeter) and Rob Edwards (Forest Green & Watford), to name two, have worked.

It's all about getting the right man, regardless of background and experience.

Maybe but Watford & FGR have money to spend on players of a better calibre than we can afford…

Give me £1million & I could manage us back to League 1 🤷‍♂️

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Stockdale Gone on 17:31 - Aug 18 with 3133 viewsHullDale

Stockdale Gone on 17:29 - Aug 18 by richfoad32

I would agree with most of that, but re: new signings praising all things Dale when they join, what are you seriously expecting them to say?

'Delighted to be here, can't wait to get started'

It stood out to me how many have said Stockdale showed them a presentation that impressed them, and went into some detail on how he made them want to join.. a simple 'excited to work under the gaffer' normally suffices.
Stockdale Gone on 17:35 - Aug 18 with 3057 viewsDalenet

Stockdale Gone on 17:17 - Aug 18 by 442Dale

While it would be disastrous to be relegated, why would it be the end? It’s accepted we are reasonably well run and don’t spend beyond our means. Look at Halifax, they exist at that level in crowds that are nothing special.

Then there are other non-league sides without anywhere near the traditional fan base. One look at teams at those levels illustrates this.

What’s it the end of?

Halifax's average gate is about the same as our home gate last Saturday. Would we really get 2100 homes fans in non league. We wouldn't survive a relegation but I don't want us to try to see whether we can either. We lost more than 50% of the team from last season (in terms of hours played) and half a dozen went back to League One. Relegation would decimate us.
Stockdale Gone on 17:39 - Aug 18 with 3004 viewsrichfoad32

Stockdale Gone on 17:31 - Aug 18 by HullDale

'Delighted to be here, can't wait to get started'

It stood out to me how many have said Stockdale showed them a presentation that impressed them, and went into some detail on how he made them want to join.. a simple 'excited to work under the gaffer' normally suffices.

Fair enough, I didn't know that. I usually skip or zone out most manager and player interviews because they're the same tired old platitudes, sounds like it's me who's missing out.
Stockdale Gone on 17:44 - Aug 18 with 2924 views442Dale

Stockdale Gone on 17:35 - Aug 18 by Dalenet

Halifax's average gate is about the same as our home gate last Saturday. Would we really get 2100 homes fans in non league. We wouldn't survive a relegation but I don't want us to try to see whether we can either. We lost more than 50% of the team from last season (in terms of hours played) and half a dozen went back to League One. Relegation would decimate us.

https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/fc-halifax-town/attendances/2021-2022

As per that site, Halifax had 15 home games which attracted less than 2000 fans. They were challenging for promotion all season and made the play-offs.

Stockdale Gone on 17:55 - Aug 18 with 2774 viewsTalkingSutty

Stockdale Gone on 17:01 - Aug 18 by 49thseason

I’m sorry, i’m going to have to pick you up on your last paragraph, what a shocking thing to post. The club is ours, we own the stadium, whatever makes you think that we couldn’t continue in the non league. Which other club has been relegated never to be seen again? The loyal fans will always be there irrespective of what league we play in. We have no divine right to be a EFL club and relegation to the National League is something a lot of clubs have to deal with...usually they are financial basketcases so also have that to contend with. If we have to compete in the National League then we will have deserved it, we will have to look at fighting back, not just throw the towel in.
Stockdale Gone on 17:55 - Aug 18 with 2774 viewsfrenzied

Ian Holloway

Jim Gannon ?

Sorry to see Robbie go but he looked well downbeat after Tues
Stockdale Gone on 17:57 - Aug 18 with 2759 viewswozzrafc

Stockdale Gone on 17:17 - Aug 18 by 442Dale

What’s it the end of?

i seem to remember that you would lose about 700k a year on tv rights and EFL extras alone.

We need to try and keep our league status. If we can see off Morton House and keep our league status we have a base to build on.

It would be hard as a fan run club to replace lost EFL revenues.
[Post edited 18 Aug 2022 17:59]
Stockdale Gone on 17:59 - Aug 18 with 2726 viewssomdale

What are the new signings and loan players thinking right now apart from where's the toilets again and sorry what's your name? I'd be thinking what a joke this is tbh.
Stockdale Gone on 18:02 - Aug 18 with 2697 views442Dale

Stockdale Gone on 17:55 - Aug 18 by TalkingSutty

I’m sorry, i’m going to have to pick you up on your last paragraph, what a shocking thing to post. The club is ours, we own the stadium, whatever makes you think that we couldn’t continue in the non league. Which other club has been relegated never to be seen again? The loyal fans will always be there irrespective of what league we play in. We have no divine right to be a EFL club and relegation to the National League is something a lot of clubs have to deal with...usually they are financial basketcases so also have that to contend with. If we have to compete in the National League then we will have deserved it, we will have to look at fighting back, not just throw the towel in.

Good post. If anything we should be ready for a day when we play at that level without ever accepting it as inevitable. It might happen, but what if it does? It’s almost football snobbery to not give credit to the likes of Gateshead, Altrincham, Bromley, Maidenhead et al who have existed in non-league for years.

Stockdale Gone on 18:04 - Aug 18 with 2670 views442Dale

Stockdale Gone on 17:59 - Aug 18 by somdale

What are the new signings and loan players thinking right now apart from where's the toilets again and sorry what's your name? I'd be thinking what a joke this is tbh.

The loans may need to be looked at again. Such is football.

Stockdale Gone on 18:06 - Aug 18 with 2632 viewsMass_Debater

Stockdale Gone on 17:59 - Aug 18 by somdale

They should be thinking they could have tried a bit more.
Stockdale Gone on 18:06 - Aug 18 with 2624 views442Dale

Stockdale Gone on 17:57 - Aug 18 by wozzrafc

i seem to remember that you would lose about 700k a year on tv rights and EFL extras alone.

We need to try and keep our league status. If we can see off Morton House and keep our league status we have a base to build on.

It would be hard as a fan run club to replace lost EFL revenues.
[Post edited 18 Aug 2022 17:59]

Of course it would be hard, but other clubs do it. It certainly wouldn’t be the end.

Stockdale Gone on 18:35 - Aug 18 with 2358 viewsdavidab2202

Just a bit early to get into the "we are doomed ,we are all doomed" mentality. .Obviously we all want to retain our Football League status but if it happens then we would regroup ,not being pessimistic but in a bored moment counted up the teams in National and National League North and in my time of Dale supporting (accept that is a few months short of 70 years) there are 20 teams who have been in the League at some stage plus Macclesfield
Don't envy the Board in their Managerial appointment and whilst Alexander's name has got a few mentions I am a little concerned that after a reasonable start to his managerial career it does appear to have had a few bumps in the road since( reminds me of a certain manager who is at Scunthorpe at the moment) so think it would be a NO from me on that one
Stockdale Gone on 18:36 - Aug 18 with 2349 viewsNorthernDale

I must admit, I was shocked by his dismissal, I thought the board would give him at least two more league games and part is quite sad, because unlike BBM or Eyre, I found Stockdale likeable. Perhaps his biggest mistake was not appointing an experience no 2 to help him, instead of Shan, who was a friend.

I would imagine Hendo, Mcnulty and potentially Ellis will be in charge on Saturday and Tuesday, unless they have somebody lined up already.

But, I hope Stockdale gets a coaching job very soon, which may suit him better, then being in the hot seat.
Stockdale Gone on 18:39 - Aug 18 with 2323 viewsTalkingSutty

Stockdale Gone on 18:06 - Aug 18 by 442Dale

Of course it would be hard, but other clubs do it. It certainly wouldn’t be the end.

I think there are going to be radical changes in the lower leagues and the National League anyway in the not to distant future. There is momentum building to increase promotion and relegation places between the divisions and also talk of possibly restructuring the leagues and looking at regionalising them again. Not sure if it’s just hot air or not.

The whole point in saving the club ( the Chairman and Directors are still embroiled in that fight) is so that the future generation still have a football team to support in the Town, obviously everybody wants that to be at the highest level possible. Hundreds of fans have contributed in various ways to protect the club and secure it’s long term future, to just throw in the towel and let the club go out of existence because of a relegation isn’t something that will be allowed to happen. Too many people love the club and it goes much deeper than us playing in the EFL.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024