Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stockdale Gone 16:03 - Aug 18 with 28312 viewsHullDale

N/T
Stockdale Gone on 19:01 - Aug 18 with 3527 viewsDale_4_Life

Stockdale Gone on 16:30 - Aug 18 by 1949er

I go along with Alexander.

Alexander just signed contract extension at Motherwell?.
Stockdale Gone on 19:01 - Aug 18 with 3527 viewsborodale

Gutted for Robbie Stockdale. Really wanted him to succeed,was breath off fresh air. Perhaps that's where he went wrong, to nice in a ruthless industry. Wish him all the best and respect to the board ,a baptism of fire.. Jim McNulty for me. He's been working towards this opportunity for a while, knows the club , players. and can hopefully get a response from most of current squad. Promoting from within as seen a response in resent time's ( Hilly. BBm ) appointing a more experienced manager he would want to rip it up and start again.
Stockdale Gone on 19:05 - Aug 18 with 3493 viewsDale_4_Life

Stockdale Gone on 17:01 - Aug 18 by 49thseason

Firing people is one of the great tests of a Manager or Director. I have worked at companies where firing a colleague was almost a required event. Its a statement of power and in this case a statement to the whole club.... perform or be sacked, no passengers, be they players or office staff, either everyone puts their shoulder to the wheel now or expect the inevitable.
If this club gets relegated again, it will be the end of the road. we are simply not set up to be a non-league team , the local population won't support it and without local support, its over.

Marked down as I disagree.

The 5th tier is not ideal but would not be a complete disaster or the nail in the coffin of the club.

Lets hope it doesn't come to that. This appointment the board have to get right. Heaps of pressure to do that. 3rd bottom if offered now i would snap the persons hand off and that when we are one win from 5th bottom.
Stockdale Gone on 19:07 - Aug 18 with 3471 viewsswindondale

Stockdale Gone on 19:01 - Aug 18 by Dale_4_Life

Don't think so. Hammell is manager at Motherwell.
Stockdale Gone on 19:08 - Aug 18 with 3462 viewsDale_4_Life

Stockdale Gone on 17:55 - Aug 18 by TalkingSutty

I’m sorry, i’m going to have to pick you up on your last paragraph, what a shocking thing to post. The club is ours, we own the stadium, whatever makes you think that we couldn’t continue in the non league. Which other club has been relegated never to be seen again? The loyal fans will always be there irrespective of what league we play in. We have no divine right to be a EFL club and relegation to the National League is something a lot of clubs have to deal with...usually they are financial basketcases so also have that to contend with. If we have to compete in the National League then we will have deserved it, we will have to look at fighting back, not just throw the towel in.

Excellent post Talking Sutty.

Lets hope it does not come to that.
Stockdale Gone on 19:13 - Aug 18 with 3419 viewsNorthernDale

Alexander went after Motherwell was beaten by Sligo in Europe.

I must admit, I forgot about David Artell and Jim Bentley, but Alexander win record his better, I think.
Stockdale Gone on 19:16 - Aug 18 with 3379 viewsscarrow

Stockdale Gone on 19:01 - Aug 18 by Dale_4_Life

Was fired after losing to Sligo

Poll: Final position

Stockdale Gone on 19:17 - Aug 18 with 3362 viewsTrev

Though I ultimately agree with the decision that's a pretty poor and brief statement from the board.
Login to get fewer ads

Stockdale Gone on 19:27 - Aug 18 with 3264 viewspioneer

Stockdale Gone on 19:17 - Aug 18 by Trev

Though I ultimately agree with the decision that's a pretty poor and brief statement from the board.

I agree.
Stockdale Gone on 19:30 - Aug 18 with 3236 viewsNorthernDale

Agree, they could have added a bit of praise and thanks for his efforts at the club.

I am amazed they have not announced the caretaker manager, because they will no doubt head down to Swindon tomorrow.
Stockdale Gone on 19:39 - Aug 18 with 3165 viewsRokerite

I expect Hill to return but I'd like to see Artell get the job. I'm not keen on Alexander who has had a number of managerial jobs now and his next one could be his last. It's a shame about Stockdale but his dismissal is understandable. Good Luck to you and whoever gets the job.
Stockdale Gone on 19:42 - Aug 18 with 3126 viewskel

Stockdale Gone on 19:39 - Aug 18 by Rokerite

I expect Hill to return but I'd like to see Artell get the job. I'm not keen on Alexander who has had a number of managerial jobs now and his next one could be his last. It's a shame about Stockdale but his dismissal is understandable. Good Luck to you and whoever gets the job.

“I expect Hill to return“

What are you basing that on?
Stockdale Gone on 20:30 - Aug 18 with 2882 viewsBillyRudd

Robbie was a breath of fresh air after Hill and BBM. Excepting the final interview where he looked under huge pressure, his match analysis always left me thinking he had been watching the same game as me.
However looking from the outside in there are certain aspects of his tenure that have left me puzzled. Does anyone have an understanding of Charmans underutilisation for instance.?
However the most puzzling aspect for me was the apparent apathy in terms of workrate at Gillingham. A new season, second game in, peak of condition, fighting for game time in a new squad and you are not giving your all in a professional game. Something not right there. I hope certain players where able to look him in the eye when he said his goodbyes. One thing I am confident of is that if Henderson ever does get the job, he for certain won,t tolerate complacency.
I found the terse statement from the club a bit odd also. Perhaps Robbie or Shan did,nt take it to well. I wish you well Robbie and thank you for your honesty and commitment.
Up the Dale
[Post edited 18 Aug 2022 20:40]
Stockdale Gone on 20:53 - Aug 18 with 2775 viewsCrede_Sign0

Stockdale Gone on 20:30 - Aug 18 by BillyRudd

Robbie was a breath of fresh air after Hill and BBM. Excepting the final interview where he looked under huge pressure, his match analysis always left me thinking he had been watching the same game as me.
However looking from the outside in there are certain aspects of his tenure that have left me puzzled. Does anyone have an understanding of Charmans underutilisation for instance.?
However the most puzzling aspect for me was the apparent apathy in terms of workrate at Gillingham. A new season, second game in, peak of condition, fighting for game time in a new squad and you are not giving your all in a professional game. Something not right there. I hope certain players where able to look him in the eye when he said his goodbyes. One thing I am confident of is that if Henderson ever does get the job, he for certain won,t tolerate complacency.
I found the terse statement from the club a bit odd also. Perhaps Robbie or Shan did,nt take it to well. I wish you well Robbie and thank you for your honesty and commitment.
Up the Dale
[Post edited 18 Aug 2022 20:40]

I think by the Stevenage post match interview - he knew.
The responses in it were such a p*ss take, it was like he was having a swipe at criticisms levelled at him and the team. Unfortunately for Robbie - we just haven’t been competitive.
I didn’t think we’ve have nothing from 4 - but I do think the fixtures have given us a pig of a start. 2 relegated sides, a promoted team and in Stevenage, a surprise early form team. A Carlisle, Crawley or Hartlepool early on would have been lovely - and might have seen him spared a bit longer, and got some confidence flowing.
As for the new man who knows - But I expect we’ll ask those we interview to give a presentation, and I have a suggested slide for all applicants - I PROMISE TO SIGN A LEFT BACK
Roll on Crawley
Stockdale Gone on 20:59 - Aug 18 with 2718 viewsEllDale

If the new manager wants to play four at the back he’ll have sign a right back as well as a left back.
Stockdale Gone on 21:01 - Aug 18 with 2702 views442Dale

Stockdale Gone on 20:59 - Aug 18 by EllDale

If the new manager wants to play four at the back he’ll have sign a right back as well as a left back.

Not necessarily. We’d need to see if Seriki can play the role and then there’s the option of Keohane there and John at left back.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Stockdale Gone on 21:08 - Aug 18 with 2644 viewsEllDale

I’d be happy with that if I thought Jimmy would be fit soon.
Stockdale Gone on 21:32 - Aug 18 with 2503 viewsnordenblue

Stockdale Gone on 16:59 - Aug 18 by somdale

4 games 😂😂😂
Delusional

You forgot about the whole of last season too?
Stockdale Gone on 22:57 - Aug 18 with 2175 viewsseasidedale

Stockdale Gone on 17:17 - Aug 18 by 442Dale

While it would be disastrous to be relegated, why would it be the end? It’s accepted we are reasonably well run and don’t spend beyond our means. Look at Halifax, they exist at that level in crowds that are nothing special.

Then there are other non-league sides without anywhere near the traditional fan base. One look at teams at those levels illustrates this.

What’s it the end of?

Re Halifax they went bust, it’s a new club, so that blows that point out of the water, oh Chester and Darlington also Scarborough and Ruston all went bust after relegation
Stockdale Gone on 23:01 - Aug 18 with 2157 views442Dale

Stockdale Gone on 22:57 - Aug 18 by seasidedale

Re Halifax they went bust, it’s a new club, so that blows that point out of the water, oh Chester and Darlington also Scarborough and Ruston all went bust after relegation

Yes they did but the point is they exist again now with the gates detailed previously. It wasn’t the end, they carried on. Of course some clubs will fall by the wayside, but so many more don’t in non-league, why would fans of a club that proudly boasts it has never gone into admin, always cuts its cloth accordingly would suddenly have to say it’ll be the end if we are relegated?

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Stockdale Gone on 23:09 - Aug 18 with 2106 viewsR17ALE

If we had played 4 and won 4 I suspect nobody would be talking about promotion.

But we've lost 4 so relegation is apparently nailed on!

God, I love Rochdale and its nuances!

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Stockdale Gone on 23:13 - Aug 18 with 2088 viewsjokerthief

Lets go all out and get a real manager.... Sean Dyche would cost good money but would be worth it.
Stockdale Gone on 00:03 - Aug 19 with 1931 viewsBrierls

Stockdale Gone on 23:13 - Aug 18 by jokerthief

Lets go all out and get a real manager.... Sean Dyche would cost good money but would be worth it.

Sean Dyche who was a manager in the Premier League just over four months ago? That Sean Dyche? I’m just checking you mean the same guy.
[Post edited 19 Aug 2022 0:12]
Stockdale Gone on 06:41 - Aug 19 with 1696 viewskel

Have I logged onto the Beardy board? Reminds me of the time one of them wanted the Real Madrid assistant as their new manager.
[Post edited 19 Aug 2022 6:42]
Stockdale Gone on 07:39 - Aug 19 with 1598 viewsBigDaveMyCock

I think he may have got, at the very least, more of a grace period if he’d just tried to be a bit more flexible and pragmatic when it came to line-ups and formations. He would have looked more capable of trying to find a solution. A bit more proactive.
In the absence of that, fans and the board ended up rightly reaching the conclusion that nothing’s going to change here. It’s just going to be more of the same.
[Post edited 19 Aug 2022 7:42]

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024