Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stockdale Gone 16:03 - Aug 18 with 28317 viewsHullDale

N/T
Stockdale Gone on 08:45 - Aug 20 with 6375 viewsRooleyMoorBlue

Stockdale Gone on 14:44 - Aug 19 by scarrow

It'll be interesting to see how McNulty changes things tomorrow

Hopefully our defending at set pieces will be better in future. The fact Stockdale was a defender made our fragile defence even harder to comprehend. As a player I don't recall whether Stockdale was any good, but to continually concede goals the way we did from set pieces was detrimental to his management of defensive unit. I know the problem was clearly apparent under BBM but even a change of personnel both on and off the pitch didn't stop the stream of goals leaked by our defence. Maybe it's just a fact of life in League 2 and the team that manages to cut down the leaks the most, are the more successful in the long run.
We shouldn't berate McNulty if things don't pan out this weekend but I expect a change in attitude and a more aggressive Dale to turn up.
Stockdale Gone on 09:04 - Aug 20 with 6339 viewselectricblue

Stockdale Gone on 14:44 - Aug 19 by scarrow

It'll be interesting to see how McNulty changes things tomorrow

My only worry is that he could be another BBM.....

Lets hope that McNulty can stamp his authority on the squad....

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Stockdale Gone on 09:17 - Aug 20 with 6284 viewsfourfourtwo

Stockdale Gone on 08:45 - Aug 20 by RooleyMoorBlue

Hopefully our defending at set pieces will be better in future. The fact Stockdale was a defender made our fragile defence even harder to comprehend. As a player I don't recall whether Stockdale was any good, but to continually concede goals the way we did from set pieces was detrimental to his management of defensive unit. I know the problem was clearly apparent under BBM but even a change of personnel both on and off the pitch didn't stop the stream of goals leaked by our defence. Maybe it's just a fact of life in League 2 and the team that manages to cut down the leaks the most, are the more successful in the long run.
We shouldn't berate McNulty if things don't pan out this weekend but I expect a change in attitude and a more aggressive Dale to turn up.

Our combined record for goals scored and conceded from set pieces was almost the worst in the division last season. I believe only Walsall were worse, if I remember rightly.
Stockdale Gone on 10:11 - Aug 20 with 6144 viewskel

Stockdale Gone on 08:45 - Aug 20 by RooleyMoorBlue

I’m no football expert but I’ve been thinking about this zonal marking thing and the reasons for the poor goals conceded at set pieces. I think it’s a bit of lazy coaching rather than looking at which of the opposition players can cause us most problems and working out who to mark them.

Like I said, I’m no expert so I could be completely wrong.
Stockdale Gone on 10:20 - Aug 20 with 6117 views442Dale

Stockdale Gone on 10:11 - Aug 20 by kel

I’m no football expert but I’ve been thinking about this zonal marking thing and the reasons for the poor goals conceded at set pieces. I think it’s a bit of lazy coaching rather than looking at which of the opposition players can cause us most problems and working out who to mark them.

Like I said, I’m no expert so I could be completely wrong.

If there are players left over to zonal mark after the main threats are picked up, then it’s possible to use it. If someone like Piergianni is free to run about wherever he pleases it’s never going to end well.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Stockdale Gone on 12:00 - Aug 20 with 5915 viewsEllDale

One thing that his struck me today is how a fair bit was made when loan signings like Nelson, Slicker and Tunnock arrived about how RS had managed to sign them in the face of competition from other clubs because of his personal contacts.
There’s no danger is there, because he’s got the chop, that the parent clubs could recall them?
Stockdale Gone on 12:03 - Aug 20 with 5886 views442Dale

Stockdale Gone on 12:00 - Aug 20 by EllDale

One thing that his struck me today is how a fair bit was made when loan signings like Nelson, Slicker and Tunnock arrived about how RS had managed to sign them in the face of competition from other clubs because of his personal contacts.
There’s no danger is there, because he’s got the chop, that the parent clubs could recall them?

There might be. It also might not be a bad thing if they are. No criticism of the players or even Stockdale for bringing them in, but we might need to free up some space in the squad.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Stockdale Gone on 07:49 - Sep 13 with 5453 viewsHullDale

Just seen this on twitter from Fitz.

Classy from Stockdale, but I think we've all come to expect that.
Login to get fewer ads

Stockdale Gone on 08:10 - Sep 13 with 5420 viewsDale_4_Life

Stockdale Gone on 07:49 - Sep 13 by HullDale

Superb.

You would be welcome back for a beer any time Robbie.
Stockdale Gone on 09:47 - Sep 13 with 5207 viewssamueloneils

This shows the quality of the man.

Although I think he handled the squad badly I am sure hewill be much the wiser in the future, and he is young enough to do much better.
Stockdale Gone on 09:59 - Sep 13 with 5141 viewskel

Touch of class from Robbie that. The people who accused him of being part of a bullying duo should be ashamed.
Stockdale Gone on 10:25 - Sep 13 with 5085 viewsDaleiLama

Stockdale Gone on 09:47 - Sep 13 by samueloneils

This shows the quality of the man.

Although I think he handled the squad badly I am sure hewill be much the wiser in the future, and he is young enough to do much better.

You are never too old to learn and I'm certain Robbie will have gained a huge amount of experience in a very short space of time. I can't imagine anyone resenting him for what he did at Dale. He was in the proverbial wrong place at the wrong time for us, in terms of the long term, but in the short term he did a lot more good than bad. Good luck to you Robbie.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Stockdale Gone on 11:08 - Sep 13 with 4950 viewsBrierls

Stockdale Gone on 07:49 - Sep 13 by HullDale

I wouldn't have expected anything less, to be honest. He comes across as a great bloke. I don't think I've ever genuinely wanted a sacked manager to go on and have success, but I do feel that for Stockdale. I wish it had worked out at Dale.
[Post edited 13 Sep 2022 12:57]
Stockdale Gone on 11:20 - Sep 13 with 4907 views49thseason

He drew the shortest of short straws. A club in turmoil with virtually no players, a new, inexperienced BoD, an EFL embargo. How could it have been worse? He did his best and thats all we could have asked. I am glad he can see the positives in his time here and that they stand him in good stead going forwards.
Stockdale Gone on 11:33 - Sep 13 with 4853 viewsD_Alien

In years to come, i'll remember Robbie as the manager who kept us in the league in our direst hour, but wasn't the right man to take us forward from there

Thanks Robbie

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Stockdale Gone on 13:01 - Sep 13 with 4697 viewsborodale

Classy as always from Robbie. Unfortunate it didn't work out. I'm sure he's learned a lot from the experience. I feel his methods are better suited up the league's rather than the battleground of league two. Wish him all the best for the future as and when he returns to management.
Stockdale Gone on 16:36 - Sep 17 with 3803 viewsmightydale

Cheers Robbie for leaving us with a absolutely shocking squad

Poll: How many season tickets will we sell for next season

Stockdale Gone on 16:44 - Sep 17 with 3762 viewsTrev

Stockdale Gone on 16:36 - Sep 17 by mightydale

Cheers Robbie for leaving us with a absolutely shocking squad

Hmm, the decision to let him start this season, and shape the squad, looks worse every week.
Stockdale Gone on 16:54 - Sep 17 with 3699 viewsmightydale

Stockdale Gone on 16:44 - Sep 17 by Trev

Hmm, the decision to let him start this season, and shape the squad, looks worse every week.

Yep said that since end of last season, it a shocking decision by the board of directors, which will come back to haunt us come end of season

Poll: How many season tickets will we sell for next season

Stockdale Gone on 12:00 - Oct 17 with 3180 viewsHullDale

Looks like Stockdale has his next job confirmed:

Stockdale Gone on 12:44 - Oct 17 with 2979 viewsDaleiLama

Stockdale Gone on 12:00 - Oct 17 by HullDale

Looks like Stockdale has his next job confirmed:

Based on recent evidence on how it was to how it is here, he is probably better suited as a number 2 for now?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Stockdale Gone on 16:27 - Oct 17 with 2568 viewsblackdogblue

Best of luck to him (genuinely not sarcastic).. hope it works out for him

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Stockdale Gone on 16:51 - Oct 17 with 2513 viewsDale_4_Life

Me too.. good luck Robbie hope it works out.
Stockdale Gone on 15:59 - Jan 19 with 1694 viewsHullDale

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024