Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stockdale Gone 16:03 - Aug 18 with 28331 viewsHullDale

N/T
Stockdale Gone on 07:41 - Aug 19 with 3869 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Stockdale Gone on 06:41 - Aug 19 by kel

Have I logged onto the Beardy board? Reminds me of the time one of them wanted the Real Madrid assistant as their new manager.
[Post edited 19 Aug 2022 6:42]

I don’t want Steve Bruce.

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Stockdale Gone (n/t) on 08:11 - Aug 19 with 3736 viewssomdale

[Post edited 19 Aug 2022 8:12]
Stockdale Gone on 09:17 - Aug 19 with 3493 viewsEllDale

Stockdale Gone on 22:57 - Aug 18 by seasidedale

Re Halifax they went bust, it’s a new club, so that blows that point out of the water, oh Chester and Darlington also Scarborough and Ruston all went bust after relegation

Halifax did indeed go bust chasing the dream. Reached the National League playoff final under Chris Wilder but lost to Hereford and were spectacularly bankrupt after that owing nearly a million pounds.
Had to restart in a couple of divisions lower. Funnily enough they had an attendance of over 7000 for one home playoff final against Chorley so it shows that fans will also always latch onto a winning team.
Stockdale Gone on 09:49 - Aug 19 with 3369 viewsRooleyMoorBlue

What's a winning team? It's been so long I've forgotten.
Stockdale's interview post Stevenage was the final nail in his coffin. He spoke of not making excuses, yet for the umpteenth time mentioned the offside goal at Gillingham, yet I've not seen or heard anyone else suggest it was.
It's a long time since I've seen such a poor (attackingwise) performance, admittedly I didn't see us at Gillingham. The cup win against a Burton side, pointless and goalless in the division above, should have shown the manager that we need to treat every game like a cup tie/final. Playing for a point in today's football will get you relegated and will also drive fans away. We had a good half hour against Grimsby, but once again and with a manager who played as a defender, we didn't defend. If you watch Grimsby's goal and then Stevenage's goal, the similarity is startling and proves nothing has been learnt from our mistakes. Even Crewe's goals showed similarities.
Stockdale was given 13 months and no small amount of money to create a team of his own making. I was only concerned with avoiding relegation last season and the manager did what was required, just. Robbie would have had a vision of the team he wanted and would have been working towards that the whole time he was in our employ. Unfortunately for whatever reason, the lack of effort/intensity/bottle, call it what you will, was clear to see and the interview portrayed someone who was grasping at straws. Hendo's interview reiterated that. Two shots on target from 2 away games isn't going to cut it.

McNulty and Henderson should be in charge on Saturday but neither should play. We need to go back to basics, clear danger upfield, stop trying to play out from the back as it causes more problems than it solves. Win the ball back higher up the pitch. Teach Odoh how to cross. Give Odoh free rein to run at defenders. Try and run your bollocks off, playing every game like a cup match. He who dares wins, he who passes backwards and sideways loses support and his job.

Please note this is just an opinion, slap me but don't shoot me
Stockdale Gone on 10:03 - Aug 19 with 3280 viewsBucketBstard

Take no joy in Stockdales departure as most have said an honest and decent guy. Just not cut out for management.
I am very worried about whoever takes over , since I think RS has pissed our recuitment money up the wall. I doubt there is anything left to bring in better qualirty players than the hopeless dross RS picked up.
I feel 4 games in with this awful team we are going into a relegation fight. If players are not up for a game at this stage of the season , then god help us at the back end when it really hots up.
I hope we dont look on the Stockdale era as the time that finally finished off our football team. I , like a few others, fear we will not survive in the National League, our support is paper thin and we have no money. Stockport , Rectum , Grims , and a few others have had either a good fan base or an injection of money to help them try and get out of that league.
I have no idea who is available for the job. But lets see a backlash from the players on Saturday. They owe it to themselves as well as us and RS. If they cant put a strong attitude out tomorrow I fear for any new manager.
Stockdale Gone on 10:04 - Aug 19 with 3272 viewsNorthernDale

It would nice for the club to give an update on who is in charge for the foreseeable future, what is the plan timeline for appointing a new manager. The terse statement on the dismissal of Robbie was bad enough and showed a lack of respect and dignity. But the lack of communication with the fan base is also poor.
Stockdale Gone on 10:21 - Aug 19 with 3178 viewsD_Alien

Stockdale Gone on 10:04 - Aug 19 by NorthernDale

It would nice for the club to give an update on who is in charge for the foreseeable future, what is the plan timeline for appointing a new manager. The terse statement on the dismissal of Robbie was bad enough and showed a lack of respect and dignity. But the lack of communication with the fan base is also poor.

Absolutely nothing wrong with the statement. Short, dignified, respectful

Give the board chance to THINK rather than expecting immediate knee-jerks which run the greater risk of getting it wrong. Should they have had a provisional plan in place? What if they did but whoever they're speaking to within the club aren't playing along? They're hardly going to sound someone out beforehand, are they?

Stop jumping to negative conclusions, we'll find out soon enough
[Post edited 19 Aug 2022 10:22]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Stockdale Gone on 10:38 - Aug 19 with 3091 viewsTVOS1907

Stockdale Gone on 10:04 - Aug 19 by NorthernDale

Communication with fans has massively improved over the last 12 months.

I would imagine something will come out today as part of the Swindon build-up.

The Chairman is also scheduled to be on Radio Bolton tomorrow, according to their Twitter.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Login to get fewer ads

Stockdale Gone on 10:40 - Aug 19 with 3073 viewselectricblue

Stockdale Gone on 16:04 - Aug 18 by HullDale

We all know that the Dale board are inexperienced and learning but surely a better statement than those few lines the media dept put out..

Also the lack of information of who is taking over for saturdays match as interim manager...

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Stockdale Gone on 10:42 - Aug 19 with 3044 viewsTVOS1907

Stockdale Gone on 10:40 - Aug 19 by electricblue

We all know that the Dale board are inexperienced and learning but surely a better statement than those few lines the media dept put out..

Also the lack of information of who is taking over for saturdays match as interim manager...

See the posts above

Stockdale Gone on 10:48 - Aug 19 with 3012 viewssamueloneils

Surprised how many posters seem so casual about dropping a division, quite apart from the financial aspects.

These clubs have struggled to get back. Years absent from Div 2.

Haliax 20
Wrexham 13
Chester 12
Torquay 8
York 6
Chesterfield 4
Notts C 3

and of those who have returned

Stockport 20
Newport 25
Doncaster 5
Oxford 4
Tranmere 3

I would rather not contemplate this. Fight to the death.

Up the Dale.
Stockdale Gone on 11:02 - Aug 19 with 2932 viewsfrenzied

Stockdale Gone on 10:48 - Aug 19 by samueloneils

Surprised how many posters seem so casual about dropping a division, quite apart from the financial aspects.

Haliax 20
Wrexham 13
Chester 12
Torquay 8
York 6
Chesterfield 4
Notts C 3

Stockport 20
Newport 25
Doncaster 5
Oxford 4
Tranmere 3

Up the Dale.

Stockport....20?
Stockdale Gone on 11:06 - Aug 19 with 2895 viewsEllDale

Haliax 20
Wrexham 13
Chester 12
Torquay 8
York 6
Chesterfield 4
Notts C 3

Stockport 20
Newport 25
Doncaster 5
Oxford 4
Tranmere 3

Up the Dale.

There are plenty of others as well.

Darlington
Yeovil
Barnet
Lincoln
Southend

I think I'm right in saying that Shrewsbury bounced back? But they're the rare exception.
Stockdale Gone on 11:07 - Aug 19 with 2888 viewsTVOS1907

Haliax 20
Wrexham 13
Chester 12
Torquay 8
York 6
Chesterfield 4
Notts C 3

Stockport 20
Newport 25
Doncaster 5
Oxford 4
Tranmere 3

Up the Dale.

I don't think anyone is casual about it at all and only a small number of posters have commented in a way that might make you think that.

Also, Stockport were only out for 10 years and Newport had to close down and reform due to massive ownership and financial issues, so they were a special case.

I agree though, it's not something we want to contemplate.

Stockdale Gone on 11:08 - Aug 19 with 2882 viewssamueloneils

Sorry

Stockport 10

Wishful thinking!
Stockdale Gone on 11:18 - Aug 19 with 2828 viewsD_Alien

Stockdale Gone on 11:08 - Aug 19 by samueloneils

Sorry

Stockport 10

Wishful thinking!

You've missed out Carlisle

Simmo, and all

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Stockdale Gone on 11:28 - Aug 19 with 2781 viewsEllDale

It's an awful prospect to contemplate.
The only plus is that a lot of the clubs mentioned above were in completely turmoil off the pitch and therefore totally unstable when they were relegated into the National League which hopefully wouldn't apply to Dale.
Stockdale Gone on 11:40 - Aug 19 with 2712 viewsTalkingSutty

Stockdale Gone on 09:17 - Aug 19 by EllDale

Halifax did indeed go bust chasing the dream. Reached the National League playoff final under Chris Wilder but lost to Hereford and were spectacularly bankrupt after that owing nearly a million pounds.
Had to restart in a couple of divisions lower. Funnily enough they had an attendance of over 7000 for one home playoff final against Chorley so it shows that fans will also always latch onto a winning team.

They also had nearly 6000 in their play off a few months ago against Chesterfield, i was at the game and the suppirt and atmosphere was on a par with games in L1 and L2. As you say, if a team is entertaining and winning games then people will watch them. We've had nothing to shout about now for probably five years or so.
Stockdale Gone on 11:49 - Aug 19 with 2666 viewsTalkingSutty

Stockdale Gone on 10:40 - Aug 19 by electricblue

There is also the possibilty that the Chairman etc has already sounded a replacement out prior to Stockdale leaving, the decision might have been taken after the Grimsby game. A new manager could be revealed today, never mind a caretaker appointment. Snooze you lose in football, other clubs could go down the sacking route next week then all of a sudden we will have competition for the bestvavailable manager. I'm hoping we have the new man in very quickly.
Stockdale Gone on 12:20 - Aug 19 with 2546 viewsAtThePeake

Haliax 20
Wrexham 13
Chester 12
Torquay 8
York 6
Chesterfield 4
Notts C 3

Stockport 20
Newport 25
Doncaster 5
Oxford 4
Tranmere 3

Up the Dale.

Is it me or are people missing the point here?

Obviously every single fan would rather stay in League Two, and obviously all of us hope the players/staff/board will fight tooth and nail to ensure that happens.

The point is, suggesting the club is 'finished' by being relegated into non-league isn't true - as highlighted by your list of 12 very much alive clubs (in addition to the few mentioned since) that have dropped out of the league in this post. Nobody is disputing how difficult it is to get back into the league, but a non-league football club is still a football club.

Tangled up in blue.

Stockdale Gone on 12:21 - Aug 19 with 2544 viewsAtThePeake

Stockdale Gone on 20:53 - Aug 18 by Crede_Sign0

I think by the Stevenage post match interview - he knew.
The responses in it were such a p*ss take, it was like he was having a swipe at criticisms levelled at him and the team. Unfortunately for Robbie - we just haven’t been competitive.
I didn’t think we’ve have nothing from 4 - but I do think the fixtures have given us a pig of a start. 2 relegated sides, a promoted team and in Stevenage, a surprise early form team. A Carlisle, Crawley or Hartlepool early on would have been lovely - and might have seen him spared a bit longer, and got some confidence flowing.
As for the new man who knows - But I expect we’ll ask those we interview to give a presentation, and I have a suggested slide for all applicants - I PROMISE TO SIGN A LEFT BACK
Roll on Crawley

Gillingham have lost their other three games, Grimsby picked up one point from six before playing us and Crewe were being tipped to struggle before the start of the season. Stevenage look like they're in strong form, fair enough, but I'd be fairly surprised if any of the four teams we've played so far are in automatic promotion contention or anything like that at the end of the season, it really hasn't been that tough a start.

Tangled up in blue.

Stockdale Gone on 13:25 - Aug 19 with 2368 views442Dale

Stockdale Gone on 12:20 - Aug 19 by AtThePeake

Is it me or are people missing the point here?

Obviously every single fan would rather stay in League Two, and obviously all of us hope the players/staff/board will fight tooth and nail to ensure that happens.

The point is, suggesting the club is 'finished' by being relegated into non-league isn't true - as highlighted by your list of 12 very much alive clubs (in addition to the few mentioned since) that have dropped out of the league in this post. Nobody is disputing how difficult it is to get back into the league, but a non-league football club is still a football club.

Correct. The only people missing the point would be someone who believes we couldn’t survive, it’s important we do everything to avoid dropping out of the league because of the subsequent impact, simply that.

It adds no weight to an argument when evidence illustrates clubs that get relegated and those who have spent their whole existence in non-league survive with similar/less resources than Dale.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Stockdale Gone on 14:44 - Aug 19 with 2184 viewsscarrow

It'll be interesting to see how McNulty changes things tomorrow

Poll: Final position

Stockdale Gone on 00:16 - Aug 20 with 1762 viewssweetcorn

Stockdale Gone on 17:30 - Aug 18 by blackdogblue

Maybe but Watford & FGR have money to spend on players of a better calibre than we can afford…

Give me £1million & I could manage us back to League 1 🤷‍♂️

Ive seen your posts on here, you definitely couldn't.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Stockdale Gone on 00:31 - Aug 20 with 1735 viewssweetcorn

Stockdale Gone on 23:13 - Aug 18 by jokerthief

Lets go all out and get a real manager.... Sean Dyche would cost good money but would be worth it.

Put down the crack pipe my friend. It's the only thing which explains how far detached from reality you are.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024