Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Flare incident 06:25 - Sep 16 with 31573 viewsDale_4_Life

Has this low life knuckle dragging idiot been identified and banned for life?

What an embarrassment to the club.

The Flare incident on 09:00 - Sep 16 with 13212 viewskel

Have you considered contacting the club?
The Flare incident on 13:50 - Sep 16 with 12891 viewsDale_4_Life

The Flare incident on 09:00 - Sep 16 by kel

Have you considered contacting the club?

Is that your stock response Kel? I thought you were better than that.

A question on a debating message board is not so unreasonable.

Several people will know who the perpetrator was so let's hope this idiot is named and shamed and banned for life.

The overcoaters post on here so debating the issue could lead to self policing.
[Post edited 16 Sep 2022 13:59]
The Flare incident on 14:27 - Sep 16 with 12807 viewskel

The Flare incident on 13:50 - Sep 16 by Dale_4_Life

Several people will know who the perpetrator was so let's hope this idiot is named and shamed and banned for life.

A question that can only be answered by the club is not a debate. Only the club will know the answer to your question.
The Flare incident on 15:15 - Sep 16 with 12732 viewsDalenet

The Flare incident on 13:50 - Sep 16 by Dale_4_Life

The police were waiting for the culprits by the Sandy at the end of the game. If they can prove who had it then I am sure action was taken. A group of teenage lads were holding back when the Sandy was emptying.
The Flare incident on 16:10 - Sep 16 with 12648 viewsDale_4_Life

The Flare incident on 14:27 - Sep 16 by kel

A question that can only be answered by the club is not a debate. Only the club will know the answer to your question.

I am sure there are plenty of others not connected to the club in any other way than supporter might have an inkling of the answer.
The Flare incident on 17:24 - Sep 16 with 12532 viewskel

The Flare incident on 16:10 - Sep 16 by Dale_4_Life

I am sure there are plenty of others not connected to the club in any other way than supporter might have an inkling of the answer.

Not connected is quite correct.
The Flare incident on 13:30 - Sep 17 with 12064 views100notout

There is CCTV in the sandy lane so the culprit should be identified, charged and punished as a deterrent to others.

If for whatever reason they can't be identified, the CCTV should be upgraded and /or expanded.

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

The Flare incident on 14:58 - Sep 17 with 11973 viewsDale_4_Life

The Flare incident on 13:30 - Sep 17 by 100notout

There is CCTV in the sandy lane so the culprit should be identified, charged and punished as a deterrent to others.

If for whatever reason they can't be identified, the CCTV should be upgraded and /or expanded.

Absolutely spot on.

And the culprit named and shamed.
Login to get fewer ads

The Flare incident on 19:59 - Sep 17 with 11731 viewsnordenblue

The Flare incident on 14:58 - Sep 17 by Dale_4_Life

Absolutely spot on.

And the culprit named and shamed.

Maybe ask the culprit if he has any spares ones knocking about and stick them up a few of the players arses.....
The Flare incident on 20:29 - Sep 20 with 11214 viewskel

And another thrown tonight from a specific area. Don’t worry though, the overcoaters have it under control.
The Flare incident on 22:18 - Sep 20 with 10902 viewsBen_M

The Flare incident on 20:29 - Sep 20 by kel

And another thrown tonight from a specific area. Don’t worry though, the overcoaters have it under control.

Good Evening Kel,

We do apologise if the flair issue has offended you but as previously stated this is nothing to do with our group and we support appropriate action to get those involved removed. We understand through your links to the club you may be able to help us get in contact with the club and board to help prevent further issues like this.

This would be far more useful than moaning constantly on here as well as slating the group on your twitter page... which you've also blocked us on.

Hope you're able to help us and get on board with the idea of the group

Thank you
The Flare incident on 22:30 - Sep 20 with 10818 views442Dale

The Flare incident on 22:18 - Sep 20 by Ben_M

Good Evening Kel,

We do apologise if the flair issue has offended you but as previously stated this is nothing to do with our group and we support appropriate action to get those involved removed. We understand through your links to the club you may be able to help us get in contact with the club and board to help prevent further issues like this.

This would be far more useful than moaning constantly on here as well as slating the group on your twitter page... which you've also blocked us on.

Thank you

Ben, it’s good you’ve come on and addressed it but unfortunately there was always a chance that things would happen which the Overcoaters may have to deal with.
It might be an idea to approach the Trust and work with them in an a more official capacity as they could then provide a strong link to the club. Email info@daletrust.co.uk

For the moment, would it be an idea to make a statement via your twitter with a set of ‘ground rules’ around the obvious. This includes things like flares, what is and isn’t acceptable in chants, and general behaviour that respects the other fans at games? It needs to be VERY clear before others who are turning up to game start to make their own rules and invite further criticism.

There was talk of having to self-police after the positive reaction to the Burton game, and this day would always come so hopefully it can be sorted quickly before it gets out of hand and there are regular incidents. The Overcoaters have been a great addition to matchdays, it’s now about ensuring a clear message is sent to not impact that going forward.
[Post edited 20 Sep 2022 22:39]

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

The Flare incident on 22:42 - Sep 20 with 10745 viewsBen_M

The Flare incident on 22:30 - Sep 20 by 442Dale

Ben, it’s good you’ve come on and addressed it but unfortunately there was always a chance that things would happen which the Overcoaters may have to deal with.
It might be an idea to approach the Trust and work with them in an a more official capacity as they could then provide a strong link to the club. Email info@daletrust.co.uk

For the moment, would it be an idea to make a statement via your twitter with a set of ‘ground rules’ around the obvious. This includes things like flares, what is and isn’t acceptable in chants, and general behaviour that respects the other fans at games? It needs to be VERY clear before others who are turning up to game start to make their own rules and invite further criticism.

There was talk of having to self-police after the positive reaction to the Burton game, and this day would always come so hopefully it can be sorted quickly before it gets out of hand and there are regular incidents. The Overcoaters have been a great addition to matchdays, it’s now about ensuring a clear message is sent to not impact that going forward.
[Post edited 20 Sep 2022 22:39]

Thank you for the support mate. This is an issue we both knew would occur eventually. After a positive few weeks and a great reception we hoped it would be on the up.

When it comes tonight's game both myself and the person I set it up with wasn't able to attend and this is where the issues occur. At this point we are unable to self police it and would've hoped the lads there tonight would know how we'd want them to represent the group.

As for statements its been published both after tonight's game and the incident against Orient that we don't condone this behaviour. Its just being able to hopefully work with the club to help prevent this in the future as we are trying all we can to stop it after what was a successful few weeks.
The Flare incident on 22:50 - Sep 20 with 10693 views442Dale

The Flare incident on 22:42 - Sep 20 by Ben_M

Thank you for the support mate. This is an issue we both knew would occur eventually. After a positive few weeks and a great reception we hoped it would be on the up.

When it comes tonight's game both myself and the person I set it up with wasn't able to attend and this is where the issues occur. At this point we are unable to self police it and would've hoped the lads there tonight would know how we'd want them to represent the group.

As for statements its been published both after tonight's game and the incident against Orient that we don't condone this behaviour. Its just being able to hopefully work with the club to help prevent this in the future as we are trying all we can to stop it after what was a successful few weeks.

Is the original tweet still there reacting to tonight?

The idea is to pre-empt situations by making it clear what is and isn’t acceptable, otherwise it becomes a response every time something happens. It’s your call, but it’s as necessary as the original aims that were posted at the start. Make that a pinned tweet and it can’t be misconstrued.

The worry will be is that soon there will be a bank of stewards at the back of the stand, from there it could lead to confrontations.

The Flare incident on 22:56 - Sep 20 with 10668 viewsBen_M

The Flare incident on 22:50 - Sep 20 by 442Dale

Is the original tweet still there reacting to tonight?

The idea is to pre-empt situations by making it clear what is and isn’t acceptable, otherwise it becomes a response every time something happens. It’s your call, but it’s as necessary as the original aims that were posted at the start. Make that a pinned tweet and it can’t be misconstrued.

The worry will be is that soon there will be a bank of stewards at the back of the stand, from there it could lead to confrontations.

Tweet should still be up yes.

We will get some rules and expectations tweeted and pinned this coming week. Hopefully able to get some club contact before the Doncaster game to ensure its not repeated.

Hopefully its just a blip and is able to be rectified and we can start getting more flags, banners and fans in the section as the season progresses.
The Flare incident on 00:14 - Sep 21 with 10533 viewskel

Good Evening Kel,

Thank you

I wasn’t aware I was “constantly moaning” but I’m sure you’ll be able to provide details of me doing so. I’m also flattered that you go out of your way to see what I’m saying on Twitter despite being blocked. I believe you kids call it having a ‘burner account’. Perhaps if you and your crew didn’t partake in pile ons when somebody disagrees with one of you it wouldn’t have happened.

I actually have respect for your efforts at improving the atmosphere but if your hangers on can’t behave then I’m afraid I’ll say something about it. If that offends you then I’m afraid that’s your problem and not mine,

As for my “links to the club” I’ll not bother helping given your fellow founder decided to slate a director last season for trying to improve attendances which I believe is one of your aims. If I knew how to post screenshots I’d do so.
[Post edited 21 Sep 2022 0:19]
The Flare incident on 06:42 - Sep 21 with 10374 viewsDale_4_Life

The Flare incident on 22:56 - Sep 20 by Ben_M

Tweet should still be up yes.

We will get some rules and expectations tweeted and pinned this coming week. Hopefully able to get some club contact before the Doncaster game to ensure its not repeated.

Hopefully its just a blip and is able to be rectified and we can start getting more flags, banners and fans in the section as the season progresses.

Good you interact here Ben the vast majority of supporters want this to work and get Spotland rocking (safely)

The flare issue you need to sort now. Never again can one go off being thrown from your group.

Now the issue is raised and documented any transgression especially one that results in serious injury (heaven forbid) the consequences would be pretty hard all be it justified.

Just identify the culprit(s) and ensure they are 100% clear this behaviour will not be accepted.
The Flare incident on 10:31 - Sep 21 with 10107 viewsBen_M

The Flare incident on 06:42 - Sep 21 by Dale_4_Life

Good you interact here Ben the vast majority of supporters want this to work and get Spotland rocking (safely)

The flare issue you need to sort now. Never again can one go off being thrown from your group.

Now the issue is raised and documented any transgression especially one that results in serious injury (heaven forbid) the consequences would be pretty hard all be it justified.

Just identify the culprit(s) and ensure they are 100% clear this behaviour will not be accepted.

Least I can do mate! The aims for a supporters group for all so need to keep everyone on board where possible.

We’ve found out that the flair issue last night was apparently against the group and our statement about the flair incident at Orient. Seems to a backlash from the younger ones who stood with us. An email will be sent to the trust today regarding it and we will try speak to the lads involved at the next home game.
The Flare incident on 12:06 - Sep 21 with 9960 viewsrochdale1987

Good Evening Kel,

Thank you

Hi Ben, I know you say it's nothing to do with your group, but last night they set the flare off and then were verbally abusing stewards who were asking them to behave, and also sang a very clear rendition of .. 'overcoaters, we'll do what we want', so whether you like it or not it has now become something to do with the group.

The overcoater group is great and i love the extra atmosphere and the thinking behind it, but there are a lot of idiots in the mix in there too, an issue which needs nipping in the bud somehow. Up the Dale!
The Flare incident on 12:38 - Sep 21 with 9896 viewsBen_M

The Flare incident on 12:06 - Sep 21 by rochdale1987

Hi Ben, I know you say it's nothing to do with your group, but last night they set the flare off and then were verbally abusing stewards who were asking them to behave, and also sang a very clear rendition of .. 'overcoaters, we'll do what we want', so whether you like it or not it has now become something to do with the group.

The overcoater group is great and i love the extra atmosphere and the thinking behind it, but there are a lot of idiots in the mix in there too, an issue which needs nipping in the bud somehow. Up the Dale!

We’ve been told the way they’re phrasing the chant was as such that they were addressing the group and that they was telling us they will do what they want rather than singing as part of the Overcoaters group.

The chant was aimed at the statement we put out after Orient about flairs and as a backlash they’ve chanted ‘ Overcoaters ( directed at us rather than with us ) we do what we want ‘.

We originally thought the same as you and tweeted it had no relevance to us however we’ve had multiple people respond that the chant was aimed at our no pyro policy rather than being part of the group.

We’re doing all we can with limited contact from the club to try stop the issue. We understand the club know who set the flair off at Orient and it’s down to them to sort appropriate action. As for us, the trust has been emailed and will do all we can to speak to those who are involved.
The Flare incident on 12:53 - Sep 21 with 9856 viewskel

The Flare incident on 12:38 - Sep 21 by Ben_M

We’ve been told the way they’re phrasing the chant was as such that they were addressing the group and that they was telling us they will do what they want rather than singing as part of the Overcoaters group.

The chant was aimed at the statement we put out after Orient about flairs and as a backlash they’ve chanted ‘ Overcoaters ( directed at us rather than with us ) we do what we want ‘.

We originally thought the same as you and tweeted it had no relevance to us however we’ve had multiple people respond that the chant was aimed at our no pyro policy rather than being part of the group.

We’re doing all we can with limited contact from the club to try stop the issue. We understand the club know who set the flair off at Orient and it’s down to them to sort appropriate action. As for us, the trust has been emailed and will do all we can to speak to those who are involved.

Well one of your Twitter pile on crew was definitely involved as he was reading out one of my tweets right next to me in the bar at half time and I saw him stood with them in the second half. It’s quite similar to the fellow leader of your group who’s also just as thick and didn’t realise people who knew me could hear him slagging me off on the train back from an away game last season.

If you want people onside then get your house in order, starting with the dicks you’re trying to distance yourself from when it’s clear they’re part of your group going off their Twitter accounts.
The Flare incident on 13:01 - Sep 21 with 9847 viewsBen_M

The Flare incident on 12:53 - Sep 21 by kel

Well one of your Twitter pile on crew was definitely involved as he was reading out one of my tweets right next to me in the bar at half time and I saw him stood with them in the second half. It’s quite similar to the fellow leader of your group who’s also just as thick and didn’t realise people who knew me could hear him slagging me off on the train back from an away game last season.

If you want people onside then get your house in order, starting with the dicks you’re trying to distance yourself from when it’s clear they’re part of your group going off their Twitter accounts.

Hi Kel,

If you have an issue with these two mentioned people I’m sure they’ll be more than happy to have a chat in person over a pint if this is something you’d want as nothing is clearly being resolved over social media.

Both me and the person I’ve set it up with understood that something like this would happen and it’d come back to us, we are trying all can to get said issue resolved…
The Flare incident on 13:14 - Sep 21 with 9777 viewskel

The Flare incident on 13:01 - Sep 21 by Ben_M

Hi Kel,

If you have an issue with these two mentioned people I’m sure they’ll be more than happy to have a chat in person over a pint if this is something you’d want as nothing is clearly being resolved over social media.

Both me and the person I’ve set it up with understood that something like this would happen and it’d come back to us, we are trying all can to get said issue resolved…

I’m not necessarily blaming you but whether you like it or not, one or two of your pile on crew were involved last night. Perhaps in your absence from a game you could ask them to help police the group and hope that the idiots will listen.

As I said above, I support the idea behind it but if it starts gaining us a reputation with opposition fans then it’s an issue.

I’d guess the (very) young Liverpool fans there last night were locals who’ve never had the chance to go to watch their team and last night was a nice treat for them. It’d be good if they saw us as their second club and came along but the behaviour last night wouldn’t necessarily tempt them would it?
The Flare incident on 13:30 - Sep 21 with 9735 viewsBen_M

The Flare incident on 13:14 - Sep 21 by kel

I’m not necessarily blaming you but whether you like it or not, one or two of your pile on crew were involved last night. Perhaps in your absence from a game you could ask them to help police the group and hope that the idiots will listen.

As I said above, I support the idea behind it but if it starts gaining us a reputation with opposition fans then it’s an issue.

I’d guess the (very) young Liverpool fans there last night were locals who’ve never had the chance to go to watch their team and last night was a nice treat for them. It’d be good if they saw us as their second club and came along but the behaviour last night wouldn’t necessarily tempt them would it?

It wouldn’t mate no… and that’s why we are trying to do something about it

The lads who where there that we know last night were also getting verbal abuse off this group of lads. When there’s two people we know who are trying to stop a group of 40 young teens it’s always going to be a struggle.

We will be having a chat with those who we think are involved at Doncaster when myself and others are there at the hopes we are able to get this resolved
The Flare incident on 14:19 - Sep 21 with 9632 views442Dale

The Flare incident on 13:30 - Sep 21 by Ben_M

It wouldn’t mate no… and that’s why we are trying to do something about it

The lads who where there that we know last night were also getting verbal abuse off this group of lads. When there’s two people we know who are trying to stop a group of 40 young teens it’s always going to be a struggle.

We will be having a chat with those who we think are involved at Doncaster when myself and others are there at the hopes we are able to get this resolved

It was always going to happen that word would get round that age group that people could go to games and have a laugh, but it’s when a few who cause issues then come along they start to influence others. Even regular Dale fans may get dragged along by their mates into defending what they know is wrong.

Get the guidelines clearly set out, involve the Trust as you’ve mentioned and, if necessary, get the club to make it clear they/stewards will have to get involved where required. This is something that can be avoided if people actually respect what the Overcoaters are all about.

Of course, it’s also on individuals to tell their mates not to be stupid as well.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024