Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Flare incident 06:25 - Sep 16 with 32726 viewsDale_4_Life

Has this low life knuckle dragging idiot been identified and banned for life?

What an embarrassment to the club.

The Flare incident on 06:53 - Sep 24 with 3784 viewsDaleiLama

For me, the personal injury risk is worth filming. If there was one, also bearing in mind the stewarding thread contents, could the club be legally culpable? We've just jumped out of a legal frying pan and don't want to end up in a fire. I understand the 'personal liberties' argument, and concede it may be a sledgehammer to crack a nut. It will be interesting to see if (hopefully) this gets nipped in the bud.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

The Flare incident on 10:47 - Sep 24 with 3592 viewsJames1980

How about body worn cameras for the stewards?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

The Flare incident on 11:23 - Sep 24 with 3552 viewsDale_4_Life

The Flare incident on 14:19 - Sep 21 by 442Dale

It was always going to happen that word would get round that age group that people could go to games and have a laugh, but it’s when a few who cause issues then come along they start to influence others. Even regular Dale fans may get dragged along by their mates into defending what they know is wrong.

Get the guidelines clearly set out, involve the Trust as you’ve mentioned and, if necessary, get the club to make it clear they/stewards will have to get involved where required. This is something that can be avoided if people actually respect what the Overcoaters are all about.

Of course, it’s also on individuals to tell their mates not to be stupid as well.

Ben have you now made it clear with your group that it's quite clear pyro is no party and not welcome.

If the idiot(s) do it again and get seen by others (Dale fans) it could lead to a completely avoidable confrontation.
The Flare incident on 11:55 - Sep 24 with 3505 views442Dale

The Flare incident on 11:23 - Sep 24 by Dale_4_Life

Ben have you now made it clear with your group that it's quite clear pyro is no party and not welcome.

If the idiot(s) do it again and get seen by others (Dale fans) it could lead to a completely avoidable confrontation.

Being fair to Ben, aside from doing a statement on the Overcoaters’ twitter, there’s not much more he can do. On that score, they may be waiting to hear back from the Trust before posting.

It’s been said already that we are still waiting for something from the club so it’s possible a joint effort between the three may appear before next Saturday’s game. It certainly can’t be left.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

The Flare incident on 12:50 - Sep 24 with 3453 viewsDale_4_Life

The Flare incident on 11:55 - Sep 24 by 442Dale

Being fair to Ben, aside from doing a statement on the Overcoaters’ twitter, there’s not much more he can do. On that score, they may be waiting to hear back from the Trust before posting.

It’s been said already that we are still waiting for something from the club so it’s possible a joint effort between the three may appear before next Saturday’s game. It certainly can’t be left.

Agreed Ben coming on here deserves credit for condemning the behaviour.
The Flare incident on 15:31 - Sep 24 with 3277 viewsShun

The Flare incident on 06:53 - Sep 24 by DaleiLama

For me, the personal injury risk is worth filming. If there was one, also bearing in mind the stewarding thread contents, could the club be legally culpable? We've just jumped out of a legal frying pan and don't want to end up in a fire. I understand the 'personal liberties' argument, and concede it may be a sledgehammer to crack a nut. It will be interesting to see if (hopefully) this gets nipped in the bud.

Yep. It's something DA alluded to earlier in the thread. I'm no legal eagle but I'm sure the club would be in trouble if someone was injured by a flare that someone had snuck in on their watch.
The Flare incident on 15:37 - Sep 24 with 3241 viewsD_Alien

The Flare incident on 15:31 - Sep 24 by Shun

Yep. It's something DA alluded to earlier in the thread. I'm no legal eagle but I'm sure the club would be in trouble if someone was injured by a flare that someone had snuck in on their watch.

And specifically, if any individual was involved who'd previously been identified but not banned. They wouldn't need to be sneaking a flare through the turnstiles, that could be done by someone else but then passed to them
[Post edited 24 Sep 2022 15:38]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

The Flare incident on 14:14 - Sep 30 with 2678 viewsEllDale

Any updates on this?
I remember that a little over three years when Donny played here their fans were letting off flares outside the railway station.
Mind you there's a rail strike tomorrow which may deter a few visiting supporters.
Login to get fewer ads

The Flare incident on 15:22 - Sep 30 with 2573 viewsblackdogblue

The Flare incident on 14:14 - Sep 30 by EllDale

Any updates on this?
I remember that a little over three years when Donny played here their fans were letting off flares outside the railway station.
Mind you there's a rail strike tomorrow which may deter a few visiting supporters.

No James then?

Shame with him getting the day off 😀
[Post edited 30 Sep 2022 15:23]

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

The Flare incident on 17:46 - Sep 30 with 2407 viewsJames1980

The Flare incident on 15:22 - Sep 30 by blackdogblue

No James then?

Shame with him getting the day off 😀
[Post edited 30 Sep 2022 15:23]

Alas no 😞 was thinking about coming up this afternoon and staying a couple of nights but I'm on till 00:45 so scuppered that idea

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

The Flare incident on 21:53 - Sep 30 with 2194 views442Dale

The Flare incident on 14:14 - Sep 30 by EllDale

Any updates on this?

Disappointing on all fronts. Fingers crossed there’s no incidents tomorrow because the inaction so far makes it look like a few fans whinging about the situation rather than illustrating how any future incidents will cause further damage to the reputation of the fan base and the club.

The Flare incident on 22:06 - Sep 30 with 2160 viewsD_Alien

The Flare incident on 21:53 - Sep 30 by 442Dale

Disappointing on all fronts. Fingers crossed there’s no incidents tomorrow because the inaction so far makes it look like a few fans whinging about the situation rather than illustrating how any future incidents will cause further damage to the reputation of the fan base and the club.

If a flare erupts in the Sandy tomorrow, i'll want to know who is responsible on the Dale Board of Directors for putting my health and safety at unnecessary risk

They can't say they haven't been given notice

The Flare incident on 10:13 - Oct 1 with 1945 viewsjudd

The Flare incident on 22:06 - Sep 30 by D_Alien

If a flare erupts in the Sandy tomorrow, i'll want to know who is responsible on the Dale Board of Directors for putting my health and safety at unnecessary risk

They can't say they haven't been given notice

The chairman has sent out a tweet about cameras and pointing out the great atmosphere previously created without pyros.

I would hope that police or senior sensible stewards are stationed appropriately to deter those who do manage to smuggle pyros in.

Poll: What is it to be then?

The Flare incident on 11:58 - Oct 1 with 1783 viewsTomRAFC

The Flare incident on 10:13 - Oct 1 by judd

The chairman has sent out a tweet about cameras and pointing out the great atmosphere previously created without pyros.

I would hope that police or senior sensible stewards are stationed appropriately to deter those who do manage to smuggle pyros in.

I don't think that will deter anyone, given that they have gotten away with it twice. That's if any of them have seen it at all.

I'm a big fan of Simon, but tweets about the incidents show he's clearly aware of it and the club have done nowt. The names of people who think it's funny are there for all to see.

At the end of the day, the overcoaters are well meaning but they are also self-appointed, they have no power to police other fans. Should it happen again, fans who decide to intervene might be those who enjoy a bit of trouble themselves.

That's not something most of us want to see.

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

The Flare incident on 12:18 - Oct 1 with 1728 viewsD_Alien

The Flare incident on 10:13 - Oct 1 by judd

It's a huge risk (and not just at today's game, but every game for the foreseeable)

Tbf, i'm not that concerned about my own safety (unless some tool sets one off right next to me), it's more about two things:

1) Reputational damage to the club
2) If someone did get injured after the club hadn't taken the action that's set out on the club's website, financial damages could be... well, you name it, depending on the type of injury

It's not a risk i think worth taking

[Post edited 1 Oct 2022 12:23]

The Flare incident on 12:27 - Oct 1 with 1715 viewsjudd

The Flare incident on 12:18 - Oct 1 by D_Alien

It's a huge risk (and not just at today's game, but every game for the foreseeable)

Tbf, i'm not that concerned about my own safety (unless some tool sets one off right next to me), it's more about two things:

1) Reputational damage to the club
2) If someone did get injured after the club hadn't taken the action that's set out on the club's website, financial damages could be... well, you name it, depending on the type of injury

It's not a risk i think worth taking

[Post edited 1 Oct 2022 12:23]

I'd imagine the pyros are smuggled in by being placed in an area of rhe body that is not likely to be searched.
I am not sure of police powers with regards strip searches if they have reasonable suspicion an individual has something illegal concealed about them.
Stopping them getting into the ground is a he'll of a task.

The Flare incident on 12:31 - Oct 1 with 1703 viewsD_Alien

The Flare incident on 12:27 - Oct 1 by judd

I'd imagine the pyros are smuggled in by being placed in an area of rhe body that is not likely to be searched.
I am not sure of police powers with regards strip searches if they have reasonable suspicion an individual has something illegal concealed about them.
Stopping them getting into the ground is a he'll of a task.

I'd agree with that, plus the point i made earlier in the thread about someone not part of the Overcoaters crew (perhaps even from another stand) who passes a smuggled flare to someone else at half time

If one or more individuals have been positively identified (and that's something i can't be sure of) the action required is what i referred to on the club's website

And there's something else here: i'm really looking forward to this game, but this just casts a shadow over the event - a distraction that could've been avoided

The Flare incident on 12:47 - Oct 1 with 1659 views442Dale

Setting aside any possible future incidents (hopefully not), it needed making perfectly clear to all supporters, especially any regulars who have tried to laugh off/justify/use whataboutery, that any such support of flares is letting down the football club.

Making people feel guilty by illustrating they are not supporting the club if they choose to argue against this would be a significant statement. One which should be made regularly via the usual outlets.

The Flare incident on 12:50 - Oct 1 with 1656 viewsTVOS1907

The Flare incident on 12:31 - Oct 1 by D_Alien

I'd agree with that, plus the point i made earlier in the thread about someone not part of the Overcoaters crew (perhaps even from another stand) who passes a smuggled flare to someone else at half time

If one or more individuals have been positively identified (and that's something i can't be sure of) the action required is what i referred to on the club's website

And there's something else here: i'm really looking forward to this game, but this just casts a shadow over the event - a distraction that could've been avoided

I bet there were plenty of flares at the 1969 promotion clash v Doncaster....

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

The Flare incident on 12:50 - Oct 1 with 1654 viewsjudd

The Flare incident on 12:50 - Oct 1 by TVOS1907

I bet there were plenty of flares at the 1969 promotion clash v Doncaster....

...and miners

The Flare incident on 13:25 - Oct 1 with 1582 viewsTVOS1907

The Flare incident on 12:50 - Oct 1 by judd

...and miners

Yeah, kids as well.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

The Flare incident on 13:45 - Oct 1 with 1551 viewsD_Alien

The Flare incident on 12:50 - Oct 1 by judd

...and miners

Two good teams...

...pitted against each other

The Flare incident on 13:57 - Oct 1 with 1538 viewsjudd

The Flare incident on 13:45 - Oct 1 by D_Alien

Two good teams...

...pitted against each other

Seamingly

The Flare incident on 14:11 - Oct 1 with 1490 viewsD_Alien

The Flare incident on 13:57 - Oct 1 by judd

Seamingly

Let's just hope Dale aren't pitied against the other today

The Flare incident on 16:00 - Oct 1 with 1342 viewsEllDale

Sorry, but there was nearly a serious issue in the Sandy when Quigley scores that goal.
The Overcoaters are trying to develop an atmosphere but a rabble of a few dozen chavs stampeded towards the Doncaster fans to taunt them. Several were knocked over in the process.
It looks like the genuine fans are being submerged by 14 year old knobheads.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024