Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
David Roger Bottomley - Guilty as charged 16:50 - Oct 17 with 31584 viewsMarjorie_Plane

Guilty as charged. Let the facts do the talking. this is not harassment but reporting of facts. GUILTY. You have caused us pain and hardship David for all your wrong doings. I hope this is a real warning to those that want to employ you in the future.

For all those that defended you, scurry away to your crevices.

Guilty!
David Roger Bottomley - Guilty as charged on 13:29 - Oct 18 with 5771 viewsjudd

Once can only speculate on the severity of punishment if the miscreants had not pleaded guilty.

I dare say there were pleas of no publicity from certain quarters, too. Deliciously ironic if it is the case, given the media love in we all had to endure.

Poll: What is it to be then?

David Roger Bottomley - Guilty as charged on 13:34 - Oct 18 with 5755 viewsHullDale

David Roger Bottomley - Guilty as charged on 13:29 - Oct 18 by judd

Once can only speculate on the severity of punishment if the miscreants had not pleaded guilty.

I dare say there were pleas of no publicity from certain quarters, too. Deliciously ironic if it is the case, given the media love in we all had to endure.

Makes you wonder if rumoured disappearing threads from here is part of a concerted effort to clean up google searches before journalists etc got wind of the punishments.
David Roger Bottomley - Guilty as charged on 13:40 - Oct 18 with 5722 viewsjudd

David Roger Bottomley - Guilty as charged on 13:34 - Oct 18 by HullDale

Makes you wonder if rumoured disappearing threads from here is part of a concerted effort to clean up google searches before journalists etc got wind of the punishments.

There is plenty in the public domain to allow people to make their own minds up.

I've even been contacted directly by people with connections to the past offering up information.

Now, let us not do anything that may prejudice the club's upcoming case against the former director and employee, whoever that might be.

David Roger Bottomley - Guilty as charged on 13:58 - Oct 18 with 5658 viewsBucketBstard

Great that this crying slime ball has been found guilty. But I think its harse on the club to have a 6 point penalty hanging over us . Since I feel the club/trust / supporters acted in the best interests of the club and the EFL. Possibly doing a lot of the EFL work for them!
How can you be punished for telling the truth and exposing a dodgy board member ? Surely that should be rewarded or at least applauded.
Until Bott we didnt do things wrong or on the snide. So I think we will be well run for the future and the 6 points wont matter. But the principle doesnt sit well with me.
David Roger Bottomley - Guilty as charged on 14:12 - Oct 18 with 5622 viewsjudd

David Roger Bottomley - Guilty as charged on 13:58 - Oct 18 by BucketBstard

Great that this crying slime ball has been found guilty. But I think its harse on the club to have a 6 point penalty hanging over us . Since I feel the club/trust / supporters acted in the best interests of the club and the EFL. Possibly doing a lot of the EFL work for them!
How can you be punished for telling the truth and exposing a dodgy board member ? Surely that should be rewarded or at least applauded.
Until Bott we didnt do things wrong or on the snide. So I think we will be well run for the future and the 6 points wont matter. But the principle doesnt sit well with me.

But the club has accepted it and explained why they had to be charged as an entity.

If you read how the 6 point deduction will be triggered, there's more chance of Mr Blubby being made Life President of the club than us transgressing the OADT.

David Roger Bottomley - Guilty as charged on 14:38 - Oct 18 with 5548 views49thseason

David Roger Bottomley - Guilty as charged on 13:58 - Oct 18 by BucketBstard

The 6 points suspended is as much a warning to other clubs as it is a punishment for Dale. The EFL had to blame the club for the initial wrongdoing, it was our CEO, the man who was responsible for adhering to EFL rules and policys that was at the heart of it. There may have been a discussion between Directors but the Chairman wasnt providing any oversight and other Directors were keen to sell their shares... no questions asked.
Once again it was the shareholders who ultimately did the right thing and now the new Board has the size, capacity and determination to also do the right things. Sometimes positive outcomes come from negative situations, thankfully this is one of those occasions, we now have a chance to be better than we were and for that, I for one am grateful.
David Roger Bottomley - Guilty as charged on 15:17 - Oct 18 with 5448 viewsDaleiLama

DRB linked with vacancy at Garrison Gunners (allegedly)

Scilly Islands 2021/22 League NB: all matches at Garrison Field, St Mary's, Isles of Scilly.

Final Table:
1. Woolpack Wanderers 17 13 2 2 63-25 41 Champions
2. Garrison Gunners 17 2 2 13 25-63 8

Banned from football for two years, and after being released from quite a few previous appointments, the ex-Dale CEO has been linked with a potential turnaround of Scilly Isles Garrison Gunners (or at least someone in a pub said they wanted him as far away from Rochdale as possible)

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FfSOZq0WQAYRNKM?format=png

Asked for comment, Roger initially declined to speak (astounding, I know), but a confidante of his revealed that he has supported the gunners all his life and he is the right man to get them back to the top of the league where they belong. After pondering the challenge, it is reported that tears were seen rolling down his cheeks. It was a windy day, but the ex-League 1 "supremo" has form in this department. His arrival would be just in time for the new season.

Under Roger, Dale were relegated from League 1 and the world surplus of anti-bacterial hand-wash was sourced simultaneously. During his time at the club, DRB became a respected figure amongst a group of three or more and would bone up on the laws of the land in his spare time. He was recently seen at a sponsorship event, where participants wondered if some attendees had just come in for a brew and a warm.

The Gunners were asked for comment and a spokesman said "I don't think he knows where the Scilly Isles are. When he looks on a map he may not be quite as interested. We've sent him an info pack on the Council of the Isles of Scilly, formed under the Local Government Board's Provisional Order Confirmation (No6) Act 1890. Once he's conversant with the laws of the land, and if he's still interested, we may call him to see if he wants to interview?"

It is believed the EFL has no jurisdiction on the Isles of Scilly.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

David Roger Bottomley - Guilty as charged on 16:26 - Oct 18 with 5262 viewsSandyman

Login to get fewer ads

David Roger Bottomley - Guilty as charged on 17:26 - Oct 18 with 5134 viewsnordenblue

David Roger Bottomley - Guilty as charged on 16:26 - Oct 18 by Sandyman

Marked down by mistake and wont let me correct it...
David Roger Bottomley - Guilty as charged on 19:24 - Oct 18 with 4978 viewselectricblue

Personally I would like to thank Agent B for sacking Jim Bentley while at AFC Flyde..
Big Jims sacking at Fylde was a master stroke by Agent B for us Dale supporters.
Thanks Rog.....

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

David Roger Bottomley - Guilty as charged on 20:05 - Oct 18 with 4904 viewsEllDale

When you think about it he must have had some bottle to take EBJ on one side and give him his P45.
Unless he did it over the phone….
David Roger Bottomley - Guilty as charged on 21:58 - Oct 18 with 4698 viewskel

David Roger Bottomley - Guilty as charged on 20:05 - Oct 18 by EllDale

When you think about it he must have had some bottle to take EBJ on one side and give him his P45.
Unless he did it over the phone….

He does like phoning people up who he can’t handle does our Roger so it wouldn’t surprise me.
David Roger Bottomley - Guilty as charged on 09:28 - Oct 19 with 4428 viewselectricblue

David Roger Bottomley - Guilty as charged on 21:58 - Oct 18 by kel

He does like phoning people up who he can’t handle does our Roger so it wouldn’t surprise me.

I would not put it past him to either have txt Big Jim or even emailed him...

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

David Roger Bottomley - Guilty as charged on 10:11 - Oct 19 with 4344 viewsEllDale

Perhaps we need to be careful here....
Aren't Rochdale the club who allegedly sacked their manager by fax a little over 20 years ago....
David Roger Bottomley - Guilty as charged on 11:18 - Oct 19 with 4219 viewsTVOS1907

David Roger Bottomley - Guilty as charged on 10:11 - Oct 19 by EllDale

Aren't Rochdale the club who allegedly sacked their manager by fax a little over 20 years ago....

What's the relevance of that now? Different times, different people and, as you say, it was alleged.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

David Roger Bottomley - Guilty as charged on 19:23 - Oct 19 with 3874 viewsMarjorie_Plane

English Dictionary

Confidence Trickster:

noun British

a person who sets out to defraud or deceive people by persuading them to believe something that is not true:
David Roger Bottomley - Guilty as charged on 20:33 - Oct 19 with 3760 viewswozzrafc

David Roger Bottomley - Guilty as charged on 10:11 - Oct 19 by EllDale

That was John hollins side of the story.

And technically he wasn’t sacked he only had a contract until the end of the season
[Post edited 19 Oct 2022 20:35]
David Roger Bottomley - Guilty as charged on 22:42 - Oct 19 with 3590 viewsR17ALE

David Roger Bottomley - Guilty as charged on 09:51 - Oct 18 by HullDale

MEN / Rochdale Observer delivering a strong headline and factually informed article.

It'll be interesting to see if that gets shared in various local business groups.

I hope this is front page in Saturday's Ob. The Ob normally sensationalise anything bad about Dale. They froth at the gash when a dig can be had at Dale. If they don't do so with this gem, then I smell a rat.

Edit: In fact I'll buy a bloody copy for the first time in years if they do.
[Post edited 19 Oct 2022 22:47]

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

David Roger Bottomley - Guilty as charged on 14:50 - Oct 20 with 3121 viewsNigeriamark

David Roger Bottomley - Guilty as charged on 14:38 - Oct 18 by 49thseason

The 6 points suspended is as much a warning to other clubs as it is a punishment for Dale. The EFL had to blame the club for the initial wrongdoing, it was our CEO, the man who was responsible for adhering to EFL rules and policys that was at the heart of it. There may have been a discussion between Directors but the Chairman wasnt providing any oversight and other Directors were keen to sell their shares... no questions asked.
Once again it was the shareholders who ultimately did the right thing and now the new Board has the size, capacity and determination to also do the right things. Sometimes positive outcomes come from negative situations, thankfully this is one of those occasions, we now have a chance to be better than we were and for that, I for one am grateful.

spot on, and I think a good overall result for us. A stain on the club to be found guilty, but it could have been so much worse because the oversight wasn't there at the time of the dealings.
David Roger Bottomley - Guilty as charged on 19:41 - Oct 21 with 2630 viewsSandyman

David Roger Bottomley - Guilty as charged on 19:54 - Oct 21 with 2603 viewsHullDale

David Roger Bottomley - Guilty as charged on 19:41 - Oct 21 by Sandyman

David Roger Bottomley - Guilty as charged on 09:24 - Oct 22 with 2262 viewsRAFCBLUE

David Roger Bottomley - Guilty as charged on 19:41 - Oct 21 by Sandyman

Fat Pat has bought a couple of hundred of today's Rochdale Observer which will boost circulation numbers but more importantly ensure that it reaches every parts of the Borough, particularly the desks of local councilors and high ranking council officials.

How those in positions of authority in governance in Rochdale - and they know who they are - will feel that they have been taken in by a man who the EFL have banned from football for two years is anyone guess.

Ex-Dale CEO gets two year ban from football and a big smiling picture of David Roger Bottomley is not something that will be lost in a hurry from the archives of the world wide web.

However, after a bit of reflection Fat Pat feels a little bit aggrieved at the skillful way one of the Respondents has tried to deflect attention from himself, despite a leading appearance on the front of today's Ob.

Paragraph 22 of the EFL's own written reasons suggests:
"By email dated 19 April 2021, DB passed that AJ email on to the Club’s board of directors, which then consisted of Andrew Kelly, Tony Pockney, Frances Fielding, Graham Rawlinson, Nick Grindrod and DB. The largest shareholder in the Club and chairman of the board, Andrew Kilpatrick, had resigned as a director on 18 February 2021 and Mr Kelly had become interim chairman."

Fat Pat's recollection is that on the 13 April 2021 we played Swindon at home and the car park had loads of shiny new motors on it with people who didn't look like they were regulars. It the EFL's own handwriting Bottomley shared an email six days later.

Then we have the farce of Bottomley in mid-April 2021 attempting to stop the Trust removing all of the Directors which then became removing just Bottomley and Rawlinson.

Nick Grindrod was bleating at the EGM after Bottomley had been deposed that he had emailed the Trust before the AGM/EGM begging them to support the motions as there was nothing else left in the club to run it.

An email of staggering proportions if true because with hindsight to want to force a sale - to anyone - would have been a breach of EFL rules and Grindrod, like Bottomley would have been banned. I wonder if the Trust could confirm and/or release that if now everything is reported is in the widest public interest of fans?

Grindrod's resignation for "personal reasons" was on 19 August 2021
https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2021/august/nickgrindroddirectorupdate/

This resignation was just three days after the EFL notified they had opened disciplinary proceedings to the whole thing:
https://www.efl.com/news/2021/august/efl-statement-rochdale-afc2/

One may consider now - having read the EFL's judgement in full - that Grindrod seemingly resigned immediately after becoming aware that Morton House were about to be investigated. As the club's accountant he would have been alongside Bottomley to produce the FFI - so knowing about the 19th April 2021 email surely he took the steps to do that compliance with the EFL's rules? That is one of the main reasons the club appears to have been punished.

Graham Rawlinson - conspicuous by his absence on charges in the EFL's report - has told people in the pubs of the town that they would "thank him" when this was all out in the open. He also appears to have avoided all charges from the EFL and seemingly a two year ban from football.

Frances Fielding - conspicuous by her absence on charges in the EFL's report - left the club and went to Blackburn Rovers and lasted six months before moving to FC United. Recent footage, days before the EFL's release shows her and Bottomley sitting side by side but she has avoided all charges from the EFL.

In Paragraph 73 the EFL are very clear:
"While DB’s failures are enough on their own to substantiate both charges (as implicitly acknowledged by the Club by its guilty pleas), the Commission does not see the Club’s culpability as limited to those failures by DB as its CEO. The overall responsibility for the management of the Club lies with its board of directors. The board may quite properly leave not only day-to-day management but often more significant matters in the hands of a CEO without interference or the need for the CEO to be constantly reporting to the board. However, all directors of any EFL club are expected to know about the OADT and the vital importance of ensuring that their club fully complies.

Where then are the EFL pursuing, Grindrod, Rawlinson and Fielding, the last one of the three still involved in football and inviting Bottomley to a business club when he was about to be announced as banned from football? I'd be fuming if I was a FC United fan but they are a clever bunch and I am sure the masquerade shall be seen through soon.

That leaves two remaining directors - Andrew Kelly and Tony Pockney - whilst the EFL were critical about the collective board these are the two of the six that have stuck around, been sued by Morton House, run the club (with others) and not cashed in, Kelly's stance on that vital. There will, I am sure, have been a personal impact on the events of the last eighteen months both financially for them and emotionally having been dragged through the High Court and both are shareholders and fans. We must not forget that.

We are still here and that is all that matters.

And David Bottomley is guilty, banned and finished in football
[Post edited 22 Oct 2022 9:30]

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

David Roger Bottomley - Guilty as charged on 09:56 - Oct 22 with 2178 viewsjudd

David Roger Bottomley - Guilty as charged on 09:24 - Oct 22 by RAFCBLUE

Fat Pat has bought a couple of hundred of today's Rochdale Observer which will boost circulation numbers but more importantly ensure that it reaches every parts of the Borough, particularly the desks of local councilors and high ranking council officials.

How those in positions of authority in governance in Rochdale - and they know who they are - will feel that they have been taken in by a man who the EFL have banned from football for two years is anyone guess.

Ex-Dale CEO gets two year ban from football and a big smiling picture of David Roger Bottomley is not something that will be lost in a hurry from the archives of the world wide web.

However, after a bit of reflection Fat Pat feels a little bit aggrieved at the skillful way one of the Respondents has tried to deflect attention from himself, despite a leading appearance on the front of today's Ob.

"By email dated 19 April 2021, DB passed that AJ email on to the Club’s board of directors, which then consisted of Andrew Kelly, Tony Pockney, Frances Fielding, Graham Rawlinson, Nick Grindrod and DB. The largest shareholder in the Club and chairman of the board, Andrew Kilpatrick, had resigned as a director on 18 February 2021 and Mr Kelly had become interim chairman."

Fat Pat's recollection is that on the 13 April 2021 we played Swindon at home and the car park had loads of shiny new motors on it with people who didn't look like they were regulars. It the EFL's own handwriting Bottomley shared an email six days later.

Then we have the farce of Bottomley in mid-April 2021 attempting to stop the Trust removing all of the Directors which then became removing just Bottomley and Rawlinson.

Nick Grindrod was bleating at the EGM after Bottomley had been deposed that he had emailed the Trust before the AGM/EGM begging them to support the motions as there was nothing else left in the club to run it.

An email of staggering proportions if true because with hindsight to want to force a sale - to anyone - would have been a breach of EFL rules and Grindrod, like Bottomley would have been banned. I wonder if the Trust could confirm and/or release that if now everything is reported is in the widest public interest of fans?

This resignation was just three days after the EFL notified they had opened disciplinary proceedings to the whole thing:

One may consider now - having read the EFL's judgement in full - that Grindrod seemingly resigned immediately after becoming aware that Morton House were about to be investigated. As the club's accountant he would have been alongside Bottomley to produce the FFI - so knowing about the 19th April 2021 email surely he took the steps to do that compliance with the EFL's rules? That is one of the main reasons the club appears to have been punished.

Graham Rawlinson - conspicuous by his absence on charges in the EFL's report - has told people in the pubs of the town that they would "thank him" when this was all out in the open. He also appears to have avoided all charges from the EFL and seemingly a two year ban from football.

Frances Fielding - conspicuous by her absence on charges in the EFL's report - left the club and went to Blackburn Rovers and lasted six months before moving to FC United. Recent footage, days before the EFL's release shows her and Bottomley sitting side by side but she has avoided all charges from the EFL.

"While DB’s failures are enough on their own to substantiate both charges (as implicitly acknowledged by the Club by its guilty pleas), the Commission does not see the Club’s culpability as limited to those failures by DB as its CEO. The overall responsibility for the management of the Club lies with its board of directors. The board may quite properly leave not only day-to-day management but often more significant matters in the hands of a CEO without interference or the need for the CEO to be constantly reporting to the board. However, all directors of any EFL club are expected to know about the OADT and the vital importance of ensuring that their club fully complies.

Where then are the EFL pursuing, Grindrod, Rawlinson and Fielding, the last one of the three still involved in football and inviting Bottomley to a business club when he was about to be announced as banned from football? I'd be fuming if I was a FC United fan but they are a clever bunch and I am sure the masquerade shall be seen through soon.

That leaves two remaining directors - Andrew Kelly and Tony Pockney - whilst the EFL were critical about the collective board these are the two of the six that have stuck around, been sued by Morton House, run the club (with others) and not cashed in, Kelly's stance on that vital. There will, I am sure, have been a personal impact on the events of the last eighteen months both financially for them and emotionally having been dragged through the High Court and both are shareholders and fans. We must not forget that.

If I may add to that fine summation, Andrew Kelly and Tony Pockney are surely part of the based that stumped up significant sums to buy back the MH shares.

David Roger Bottomley - Guilty as charged on 12:12 - Oct 22 with 1987 viewsfitzochris

David Roger Bottomley - Guilty as charged on 09:24 - Oct 22 by RAFCBLUE

I’ve been reading and re-reading the Disciplinary Panel report.

One bit that strikes me is this:

Clause 147 "good character references which have not been challenged in these proceedings."

What has gone on there? Was there an opportunity to challenge them? If not, this seems remiss.

Surely these character references, however many there are, would be dependent on the character of those providing them? Would the EFL be best placed to judge this?

It would be interesting to know if those currently representing the club had this opportunity.
[Post edited 22 Oct 2022 12:17]

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

David Roger Bottomley - Guilty as charged on 12:36 - Oct 22 with 4335 viewsRAFCBLUE

David Roger Bottomley - Guilty as charged on 12:12 - Oct 22 by fitzochris

I’ve been reading and re-reading the Disciplinary Panel report.

One bit that strikes me is this:

Clause 147 "good character references which have not been challenged in these proceedings."

What has gone on there? Was there an opportunity to challenge them? If not, this seems remiss.

Surely these character references, however many there are, would be dependent on the character of those providing them? Would the EFL be best placed to judge this?

It would be interesting to know if those currently representing the club had this opportunity.
[Post edited 22 Oct 2022 12:17]

More worryingly fitzo for the process of justice, trials are usually done on facts not selective opinion.

FACT - David Bottomley pleaded GUILTY

Character references are somewhat irrelevant when a Respondant actively pleads guilty to the charges.

Nowhere in the EFL's rules can I find any reference to "character references".

Fat Pat confirms she was not approached by the EFL for a reference, perhaps understandably given her high moral standards on the sanctity of marriage, behaviour on stag dos which may or may not have been have been favourable.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024