Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
David Roger Bottomley - Guilty as charged 16:50 - Oct 17 with 31585 viewsMarjorie_Plane

Guilty as charged. Let the facts do the talking. this is not harassment but reporting of facts. GUILTY. You have caused us pain and hardship David for all your wrong doings. I hope this is a real warning to those that want to employ you in the future.

For all those that defended you, scurry away to your crevices.

Guilty!
David Roger Bottomley - Guilty as charged on 12:45 - Oct 22 with 4233 viewsjudd

David Roger Bottomley - Guilty as charged on 12:36 - Oct 22 by RAFCBLUE

More worryingly fitzo for the process of justice, trials are usually done on facts not selective opinion.

FACT - David Bottomley pleaded GUILTY

Character references are somewhat irrelevant when a Respondant actively pleads guilty to the charges.

Nowhere in the EFL's rules can I find any reference to "character references".

Fat Pat confirms she was not approached by the EFL for a reference, perhaps understandably given her high moral standards on the sanctity of marriage, behaviour on stag dos which may or may not have been have been favourable.

Fat Pat had culinary competition in the form of the considerable allure of Valerie Pattiserie.

Poll: What is it to be then?

David Roger Bottomley - Guilty as charged on 12:49 - Oct 22 with 4217 viewsD_Alien

David Roger Bottomley - Guilty as charged on 12:12 - Oct 22 by fitzochris

I’ve been reading and re-reading the Disciplinary Panel report.

One bit that strikes me is this:

Clause 147 "good character references which have not been challenged in these proceedings."

What has gone on there? Was there an opportunity to challenge them? If not, this seems remiss.

Surely these character references, however many there are, would be dependent on the character of those providing them? Would the EFL be best placed to judge this?

It would be interesting to know if those currently representing the club had this opportunity.
[Post edited 22 Oct 2022 12:17]

With the lack of transparency by the EFL in its report with regard to character references, one might query whether fellow members of the Working Party with which Bottomley was involved were at least sounded out

The EFL leaves itself wide open to such speculation, which i fully agree this is, but it would be easy to remedy

Except, of course: it's NOT FIT FOR PURPOSE

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

David Roger Bottomley - Guilty as charged on 13:05 - Oct 22 with 4183 viewsfitzochris

David Roger Bottomley - Guilty as charged on 12:36 - Oct 22 by RAFCBLUE

More worryingly fitzo for the process of justice, trials are usually done on facts not selective opinion.

FACT - David Bottomley pleaded GUILTY

Character references are somewhat irrelevant when a Respondant actively pleads guilty to the charges.

Nowhere in the EFL's rules can I find any reference to "character references".

Fat Pat confirms she was not approached by the EFL for a reference, perhaps understandably given her high moral standards on the sanctity of marriage, behaviour on stag dos which may or may not have been have been favourable.

And yet weight is given to these references in the report, so it’s an important point.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

David Roger Bottomley - Guilty as charged on 13:06 - Oct 22 with 4178 viewsHullDale

Who regulates the regulator?
David Roger Bottomley - Guilty as charged on 23:10 - Oct 27 with 3731 viewsAlan_ADale

bump - this will never be forgotten david bottomley
David Roger Bottomley - Guilty as charged on 12:50 - Oct 28 with 3410 viewsHullDale

David Roger Bottomley - Guilty as charged on 18:42 - Oct 28 with 3146 viewsNafelad

David Roger Bottomley - Guilty as charged on 12:50 - Oct 28 by HullDale

Anyone else notice the error in the section explaining the sanctions taken against DB? In the final part of the section, it says the sanctions are against AC - an obvious misprint.

Topcat

David Roger Bottomley - Guilty as charged on 19:26 - Oct 28 with 3070 viewsjudd

David Roger Bottomley - Guilty as charged on 18:42 - Oct 28 by Nafelad

Anyone else notice the error in the section explaining the sanctions taken against DB? In the final part of the section, it says the sanctions are against AC - an obvious misprint.

Yes, noticed that.

It also completely ignored the nonsense character references and hyberbolic nasty name callling referrnces.

Login to get fewer ads

David Roger Bottomley - Guilty as charged on 00:05 - Nov 8 with 2377 viewsSandyman

RAFC Community Trust have just won Community Trust project of the year as previously posted by Hull Dale.
This is said to be David Bottomley. AKA David Roger Bottomley.
Banned by the EFL as a relevant person for two years, lurking at the North West Football Awards function.
The football world doesn't miss much. Word gets round.

How can the EFL ban someone, yet he can sneak into a football awards ceremony less than 3 weeks later? Who invited this banned individual? Poor Marjorie_Plane will have the vapours at such scheming.
[Post edited 8 Nov 2022 0:35]
David Roger Bottomley - Guilty as charged on 00:43 - Nov 8 with 2345 viewsDorkingDale

David Roger Bottomley - Guilty as charged on 00:05 - Nov 8 by Sandyman

RAFC Community Trust have just won Community Trust project of the year as previously posted by Hull Dale.
Banned by the EFL as a relevant person for two years, lurking at the North West Football Awards function.

How can the EFL ban someone, yet he can sneak into a football awards ceremony less than 3 weeks later? Who invited this banned individual? Poor Marjorie_Plane will have the vapours at such scheming.

That's not him surely? Different nose!
David Roger Bottomley - Guilty as charged on 00:48 - Nov 8 with 2340 viewsSandyman

David Roger Bottomley - Guilty as charged on 00:43 - Nov 8 by DorkingDale

That's not him surely? Different nose!

I thought that as well but my source assures me it is.
David Roger Bottomley - Guilty as charged on 07:56 - Nov 8 with 2195 viewskel

“Scared to go out”
David Roger Bottomley - Guilty as charged on 09:07 - Nov 8 with 2118 viewsHebdale

David Roger Bottomley - Guilty as charged on 07:56 - Nov 8 by kel

“Scared to go out”

Perhaps that's his Pinocchio nose!!
David Roger Bottomley - Guilty as charged on 09:27 - Nov 8 with 2087 viewsjudd

Go compare!!!!

Seriously, who invited this wastrel, this sanction-magnet to a football event?

David Roger Bottomley - Guilty as charged on 09:43 - Nov 8 with 2055 viewsJames1980

Being the carrier of a bit of extra lumber myself I shouldn't fat shame, it looks like he has been 'comfort eating' although the camera is supposed to add 10 pounds

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: What does Jim need ?

David Roger Bottomley - Guilty as charged on 10:03 - Nov 8 with 2022 viewsDorkingDale

David Roger Bottomley - Guilty as charged on 09:27 - Nov 8 by judd

Go compare!!!!

Seriously, who invited this wastrel, this sanction-magnet to a football event?

....ah well, being a life long fan I'm sure he was delighted to see the Community Trust win an award.
David Roger Bottomley - Guilty as charged on 10:08 - Nov 8 with 2002 viewsjudd

David Roger Bottomley - Guilty as charged on 10:03 - Nov 8 by DorkingDale

....ah well, being a life long fan I'm sure he was delighted to see the Community Trust win an award.

Probably claimed the credit

David Roger Bottomley - Guilty as charged on 10:53 - Nov 8 with 1910 viewsD_Alien

David Roger Bottomley - Guilty as charged on 09:07 - Nov 8 by Hebdale

Perhaps that's his Pinocchio nose!!

Maybe he's been 'influenced' by Jade Katy?

David Roger Bottomley - Guilty as charged on 11:22 - Nov 8 with 1856 viewsDaleiLama

David Roger Bottomley - Guilty as charged on 09:43 - Nov 8 by James1980

Being the carrier of a bit of extra lumber myself I shouldn't fat shame, it looks like he has been 'comfort eating' although the camera is supposed to add 10 pounds

He'll be glad of that to help with his legal bill

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

David Roger Bottomley - Guilty as charged on 12:18 - Nov 8 with 1756 viewsHullDale

Found guilty of a breach of rules and banned from being a relevant person for 2 years. Arguably received a sympathetic tone in the outcome due to previous relationships within the EFL.

Then goes on to selectively quote the EFL chair in the bio for his new role and rocks up at a football awards do within a couple of weeks.

You'd be forgiven for thinking he was trolling the EFL / FA - & I don't think the bridges he had built there will last too much longer if that is the case. More front than Blackpool.
David Roger Bottomley - Guilty as charged on 12:38 - Nov 8 with 1723 viewsD_Alien

David Roger Bottomley - Guilty as charged on 12:18 - Nov 8 by HullDale

Found guilty of a breach of rules and banned from being a relevant person for 2 years. Arguably received a sympathetic tone in the outcome due to previous relationships within the EFL.

Then goes on to selectively quote the EFL chair in the bio for his new role and rocks up at a football awards do within a couple of weeks.

You'd be forgiven for thinking he was trolling the EFL / FA - & I don't think the bridges he had built there will last too much longer if that is the case. More front than Blackpool.

Not just trolling. Isn't he technically guilty of breaching his ban?

David Roger Bottomley - Guilty as charged on 12:44 - Nov 8 with 1713 viewsHullDale

David Roger Bottomley - Guilty as charged on 12:38 - Nov 8 by D_Alien

Not just trolling. Isn't he technically guilty of breaching his ban?

I don't think attending an awards do qualifies as a 'relevant person' but it could certainly be construed as giving the EFL the proverbial two fingers.

The do was seemingly organised by the BBC too... raises questions in my mind again about that original Simon Stone article a while back.
David Roger Bottomley - Guilty as charged on 13:00 - Nov 8 with 1674 viewsjudd

David Roger Bottomley - Guilty as charged on 12:44 - Nov 8 by HullDale

I don't think attending an awards do qualifies as a 'relevant person' but it could certainly be construed as giving the EFL the proverbial two fingers.

The do was seemingly organised by the BBC too... raises questions in my mind again about that original Simon Stone article a while back.

Yes, he continues to thumb his nose at the EFL whilst too many individuals and organisations give him the oxygen of publicity.

Among the judges is the Chief Executive of Manchester FA and a regulatory sports associate from a law firm.

Perhaps he gave her a lesson in the law of the land?

https://www.northwestfootballawards.com/nwfa-judges/

David Roger Bottomley - Guilty as charged on 13:05 - Nov 8 with 1654 viewsD_Alien

David Roger Bottomley - Guilty as charged on 13:00 - Nov 8 by judd

Yes, he continues to thumb his nose at the EFL whilst too many individuals and organisations give him the oxygen of publicity.

Among the judges is the Chief Executive of Manchester FA and a regulatory sports associate from a law firm.

"...he continues to thumb his nose..."

Ah, that explains its changing appearance!

[Post edited 8 Nov 2022 13:06]

David Roger Bottomley - Guilty as charged on 13:10 - Nov 8 with 3610 viewskel

David Roger Bottomley - Guilty as charged on 13:00 - Nov 8 by judd

Ah, Bill Rice on the panel too. No wonder Bolton also won an award.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024