Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match Thread - Bristol Rovers v Rochdale - FA Cup 16:47 - Nov 1 with 21186 viewsTVOS1907

Surprised this hasn't already been started.

Anyway, a bit of a walk down Memory Lane as Dale face Bristol Rovers in the FA Cup for the first time in 20 years. Last time it went to a replay:

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Match Thread - Bristol Rovers v Rochdale - FA Cup on 20:13 - Nov 5 with 3077 viewsHullDale

Match Thread - Bristol Rovers v Rochdale - FA Cup on 19:42 - Nov 5 by fitzochris

It’s certainly an interesting one and handy that an EGM/AGM is on the horizon where these questions can be asked and answered with honesty.

Two big rumours doing the rounds online, and enough relatively credible / ITK people involved, for at least one of them to be true.

I'm gutted it didn't work out for Charman, but if either are true it was the best thing for him to go.

EBJ may be of the view that what happened under a previous regime stays under the previous regime, but the board should take a bigger 'club' view rather than just a 'team' view IMO - and that seems to be an opinion that EBJ agrees with.
Match Thread - Bristol Rovers v Rochdale - FA Cup on 20:19 - Nov 5 with 3039 viewsJames1980

Match Thread - Bristol Rovers v Rochdale - FA Cup on 20:03 - Nov 5 by 49thseason

James, in the 3 seasons prior to this one, we have had one season curtailed early, one season played behind closed doors and a regulation and a season in L2 that nearly led to another regulation, we have lost huge amounts of TV money, 1000s of paying customers and been forced to sell just about every player anyone offered cash for, not to mention paying off a years salary for a manager and getting fined by the EFL .. oh and a CEO who alledgedly spent £50,000 on hand sanitisers and " walk this way" stickers.
Of course it was a financial decision, why else would the board make that decision when the manager would have preferred to keep him?

My concern now, is that as we have sold a player to a non league club outside the transfer window what is going to stop other NL clubs attempting to purchase our players and offering above what we can pay them.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Match Thread - Bristol Rovers v Rochdale - FA Cup on 20:28 - Nov 5 with 3006 views442Dale

So already two separate theories put forward. To clarify, this is about process surrounding fan engagement, not specifically this particular situation.

And ‘ITK’ are three letters that illustrate that improvements need to be made.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Match Thread - Bristol Rovers v Rochdale - FA Cup on 20:37 - Nov 5 with 2973 viewsD_Alien

Match Thread - Bristol Rovers v Rochdale - FA Cup on 20:28 - Nov 5 by 442Dale

So already two separate theories put forward. To clarify, this is about process surrounding fan engagement, not specifically this particular situation.

And ‘ITK’ are three letters that illustrate that improvements need to be made.

Couldn't agree more

This ITK shit is what creates problems in the first place. Bottomley was ITK... need i say more?

If there's summat worth knowing that fans - shareholders - should know, let's have it spelled out. Defamation apart, of course...
[Post edited 5 Nov 2022 20:39]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Match Thread - Bristol Rovers v Rochdale - FA Cup (n/t) on 20:46 - Nov 5 with 2934 viewsanimal8

Match Thread - Bristol Rovers v Rochdale - FA Cup on 20:37 - Nov 5 by D_Alien

Couldn't agree more

This ITK shit is what creates problems in the first place. Bottomley was ITK... need i say more?

If there's summat worth knowing that fans - shareholders - should know, let's have it spelled out. Defamation apart, of course...
[Post edited 5 Nov 2022 20:39]

Match Thread - Bristol Rovers v Rochdale - FA Cup on 21:56 - Nov 5 with 2748 viewsTVOS1907

Match Thread - Bristol Rovers v Rochdale - FA Cup on 18:47 - Nov 5 by James1980

Would the EFL approve of such forward thinking?

If both clubs request such a thing, then yes. It's been done many times before.

Match Thread - Bristol Rovers v Rochdale - FA Cup on 21:58 - Nov 5 with 2743 viewsTVOS1907

Match Thread - Bristol Rovers v Rochdale - FA Cup on 20:13 - Nov 5 by HullDale

Two big rumours doing the rounds online, and enough relatively credible / ITK people involved, for at least one of them to be true.

I'm gutted it didn't work out for Charman, but if either are true it was the best thing for him to go.

EBJ may be of the view that what happened under a previous regime stays under the previous regime, but the board should take a bigger 'club' view rather than just a 'team' view IMO - and that seems to be an opinion that EBJ agrees with.

Can you point us in the direction of where these rumours are doing the rounds, or copy & paste them onto here?

Match Thread - Bristol Rovers v Rochdale - FA Cup on 21:59 - Nov 5 with 2732 viewsJames1980

Match Thread - Bristol Rovers v Rochdale - FA Cup on 21:56 - Nov 5 by TVOS1907

If both clubs request such a thing, then yes. It's been done many times before.

That is good to know. What reason is there that rearranging the suggested game would not be a good idea?

Login to get fewer ads

Match Thread - Bristol Rovers v Rochdale - FA Cup on 22:02 - Nov 5 with 2723 viewsSandyman

Match Thread - Bristol Rovers v Rochdale - FA Cup on 19:42 - Nov 5 by fitzochris

It’s certainly an interesting one and handy that an EGM/AGM is on the horizon where these questions can be asked and answered with honesty.

The business of the AGM / EGM is to discuss with shareholders those matters on the agendas, along with the required votes. Different sort of meeting with a different purpose to a Fans Forum.
Match Thread - Bristol Rovers v Rochdale - FA Cup on 22:07 - Nov 5 with 2703 viewsTVOS1907

Match Thread - Bristol Rovers v Rochdale - FA Cup on 21:59 - Nov 5 by James1980

That is good to know. What reason is there that rearranging the suggested game would not be a good idea?

Short notice, Dale might not fancy London trips on consecutive Saturdays, etc.

Match Thread - Bristol Rovers v Rochdale - FA Cup on 22:13 - Nov 5 with 2670 views442Dale

Match Thread - Bristol Rovers v Rochdale - FA Cup on 22:02 - Nov 5 by Sandyman

The business of the AGM / EGM is to discuss with shareholders those matters on the agendas, along with the required votes. Different sort of meeting with a different purpose to a Fans Forum.

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2022/october/noticeofagm_november22/

Shareholders Forum will follow the AGM and EGM according to that. From memory, pre-Covid, that followed the usual forum set up with questions from fans on various subjects.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Match Thread - Bristol Rovers v Rochdale - FA Cup on 22:22 - Nov 5 with 2643 viewsJames1980

Match Thread - Bristol Rovers v Rochdale - FA Cup on 22:07 - Nov 5 by TVOS1907

Short notice, Dale might not fancy London trips on consecutive Saturdays, etc.

I suppose also a lot could happen in the 101 days between now and the game including a transfer window.

Match Thread - Bristol Rovers v Rochdale - FA Cup on 22:28 - Nov 5 with 2628 viewsSandyman

Match Thread - Bristol Rovers v Rochdale - FA Cup on 22:13 - Nov 5 by 442Dale

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2022/october/noticeofagm_november22/

Shareholders Forum will follow the AGM and EGM according to that. From memory, pre-Covid, that followed the usual forum set up with questions from fans on various subjects.

Yes, a shareholders Q and A session has been held on occasion in years gone by. This is a separate part of the evening other than the main business of the AGM or EGM, at the discretion of the board. It wasn't held after the business of the meetings closed on June 1st last year, it got a bit late
Match Thread - Bristol Rovers v Rochdale - FA Cup on 01:28 - Nov 6 with 2390 viewsSaxonDale

Haven’t heard the rumours myself but given Bentley’s preferred system of playing 1 striker it’s perhaps understandable the board sanctioned a deal for Charman (particularly given the fee). Worth remembering that at the time of the deal we had: Hendo, Charman, Quigley and Campbell all competing for in effect one spot.
Match Thread - Bristol Rovers v Rochdale - FA Cup on 06:21 - Nov 6 with 2300 viewsPlattyswrinklynuts

Match Thread - Bristol Rovers v Rochdale - FA Cup on 16:27 - Nov 5 by DaleiLama

Set piece jinx has returned?

Just seen the goal. Not a jinx when 6 dale defenders are stood around while allowing a free header & Sinclair to amble in at the far post. Awful & totally preventable.
Match Thread - Bristol Rovers v Rochdale - FA Cup on 08:50 - Nov 6 with 2155 viewsNorthernDale

Match Thread - Bristol Rovers v Rochdale - FA Cup on 06:21 - Nov 6 by Plattyswrinklynuts

Just seen the goal. Not a jinx when 6 dale defenders are stood around while allowing a free header & Sinclair to amble in at the far post. Awful & totally preventable.

I have noticed that our defence is more shaky since John as returned, he as a tendency to patch the ball across the back four. Hopefully Jim can bring in changes for Tuesday. Having seen the highlights, we looked to have played well and created chances, it is just putting the ball into the net, that is costing us week in, week out.

May I ask a daft question, what is 'ITK'?
Match Thread - Bristol Rovers v Rochdale - FA Cup on 09:08 - Nov 6 with 2095 viewsJames1980

Match Thread - Bristol Rovers v Rochdale - FA Cup on 08:50 - Nov 6 by NorthernDale

I have noticed that our defence is more shaky since John as returned, he as a tendency to patch the ball across the back four. Hopefully Jim can bring in changes for Tuesday. Having seen the highlights, we looked to have played well and created chances, it is just putting the ball into the net, that is costing us week in, week out.

International Television of Korea. Not really it is In The Know

Match Thread - Bristol Rovers v Rochdale - FA Cup on 09:21 - Nov 6 with 2058 viewsNafelad

Match Thread - Bristol Rovers v Rochdale - FA Cup on 21:58 - Nov 5 by TVOS1907

Can you point us in the direction of where these rumours are doing the rounds, or copy & paste them onto here?

Can I ask what EBJ stands for?

Topcat

Match Thread - Bristol Rovers v Rochdale - FA Cup on 09:34 - Nov 6 with 2019 viewsblackdogblue

Match Thread - Bristol Rovers v Rochdale - FA Cup on 09:21 - Nov 6 by Nafelad

Even Bigger Jim

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Match Thread - Bristol Rovers v Rochdale - FA Cup on 10:36 - Nov 6 with 1920 viewswozzrafc

Match Thread - Bristol Rovers v Rochdale - FA Cup on 09:21 - Nov 6 by Nafelad

Aren’t you ITK? 😉
Match Thread - Bristol Rovers v Rochdale - FA Cup on 10:53 - Nov 6 with 1878 viewsblackdogblue

Hate acronyms TBH

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Match Thread - Bristol Rovers v Rochdale - FA Cup on 11:15 - Nov 6 with 1838 viewsDaleiLama

Match Thread - Bristol Rovers v Rochdale - FA Cup on 10:53 - Nov 6 by blackdogblue

Hate acronyms TBH

TLAs are the worst

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Match Thread - Bristol Rovers v Rochdale - FA Cup on 11:18 - Nov 6 with 1828 viewsTVOS1907

Match Thread - Bristol Rovers v Rochdale - FA Cup on 08:50 - Nov 6 by NorthernDale

The terrible defending for the goal aside, I'm not sure how you conclude "our defence is more shaky since John as (sic) returned".

Match Thread - Bristol Rovers v Rochdale - FA Cup on 11:19 - Nov 6 with 1825 viewsJames1980

I expect EBJ thought WTF when we conceded that goal yesterday.

Match Thread - Bristol Rovers v Rochdale - FA Cup on 11:44 - Nov 6 with 1765 viewsDaleiLama

Match Thread - Bristol Rovers v Rochdale - FA Cup on 06:21 - Nov 6 by Plattyswrinklynuts

Not seen the goal but the jinx referred to a generic inability to challenge for the ball and win the first second and third balls from set pieces. EBJ seemed to have fixed it. Then we concede 2 in 2 games. Both winning goals.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024