Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City 12:46 - Feb 12 with 12468 viewsmagicdaps10

Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 11:25 - Feb 13 with 727 viewsSTID2017

Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 10:46 - Feb 13 by Dr_Parnassus

Nobody can tell me with a straight face that this team is 11 places better than the one we have now.

Benda is about the same as Woodman, but Benda more suited to this system.
Piroe as proven is far more effective than Ayew.
Obafemi is far better than Lowe.
Ntcham/Allen is better than Hourihane.
Cooper/Manning is better than Bidwell

Grimes, Cabango, Fulton and Naughton are still here.

Guehi and Roberts are the only two I’d take, and one of them wasn’t even ours.

So I wouldn’t swap.

Easily better
Bar Allen and Piroe for Lowe and Hourihane, every other member of the squad is better than the squad we have today

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 11:26 - Feb 13 with 708 viewsDr_Parnassus

Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 11:21 - Feb 13 by STID2017

I have heard a million.
Even if we exaggerate and say £5 million including paying compensation, compared to the mooted £100 million plus that promotion is worth, a drop in the ocean

How on earth have you heard that figure?

Sacking him doesn’t guarantee promotion, that’s the logical fallacy, it simply gives a far better chance of increased performance levels.

But you have to have a suitable candidate in place who is willing to come here first. Not always easy when languishing in the bottom half of the league.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 12:07 - Feb 13 with 700 viewswhiterock

Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 11:26 - Feb 13 by Dr_Parnassus

How on earth have you heard that figure?

Sacking him doesn’t guarantee promotion, that’s the logical fallacy, it simply gives a far better chance of increased performance levels.

But you have to have a suitable candidate in place who is willing to come here first. Not always easy when languishing in the bottom half of the league.

Why ado we slate Man City for doing exactly what we want to do (on a much smaller scale)
Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 12:47 - Feb 13 with 682 viewsblackpooljack

Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 23:49 - Feb 12 by raynor94

Get rid of the owners, but whose going to replace them?

There's nobody out there banging on the door to buy us.

Must be a first but I'm agreeing with the Dr, what do people actually expect

I'm also in agreement in the respect of potential owners not wanting to buy a sinking ship rather than a cruise liner but who would buy a house and not invest in the upkeep, just adding a lick of paint here and there isn't goimg to increase it's value which is surely what the yanks are hoping for.
Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 12:55 - Feb 13 with 662 viewsDr_Parnassus

Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 11:25 - Feb 13 by STID2017

Easily better
Bar Allen and Piroe for Lowe and Hourihane, every other member of the squad is better than the squad we have today

You think Lowe had been better than Obafemi? By what metric?

You think Bidwell is better than either Cooper or Manning (depending on formation) - by what metric?

Grimes, Cabango, Naughton and Fulton are all still with us, and most of them better iterations of themselves than 2 seasons back.

But I agree, this seasons side is easily better.

Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 16:36 - Feb 13 with 634 viewsscruffyjack

Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 12:55 - Feb 13 by Dr_Parnassus

You think Bidwell is better than either Cooper or Manning (depending on formation) - by what metric?

Grimes, Cabango, Naughton and Fulton are all still with us, and most of them better iterations of themselves than 2 seasons back.

Obafemi is not in our current squad!
Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 17:12 - Feb 13 with 623 viewsSTID2017

Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 16:36 - Feb 13 by scruffyjack

Exactly and will gone permanently in May

Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 17:23 - Feb 13 with 620 viewsSTID2017

Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 12:55 - Feb 13 by Dr_Parnassus

You obviously didn't read the post probably.
I am obviously saying the team that played in the play off final under Cooper was far better than the team/ squad we have today.
Not even taking Obafemi into the equation as he is gone, although as another poster ( Bryan I think ) pointed out, Lowe and Obafemi's records are fairly similar.
Bidwell or Manning are much of a muchness so either would do.
Cooper is a midfielder?
Why would anyone swap a defender for a midfielder?
Martin gets slated for playing players out of position, yet you would suggest theoretically substituting a left back for an attacking midfielder ?
For me the team Cooper had was much better than the one we have been left with today.
Grimes and Fulton are the same as they were, Cabango has gone backwards IMHO and Naughton is a shadow of himself due to age.

Login to get fewer ads

Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 19:56 - Feb 13 with 575 viewsDr_Parnassus

Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 16:36 - Feb 13 by scruffyjack

He has been for the last 18 months, and is still a Swansea player.

We are discussing who has had the better players at his disposal are we not?

Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 20:08 - Feb 13 with 561 viewsDr_Parnassus

Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 17:23 - Feb 13 by STID2017

You obviously didn't read the post probably.
I am obviously saying the team that played in the play off final under Cooper was far better than the team/ squad we have today.
Not even taking Obafemi into the equation as he is gone, although as another poster ( Bryan I think ) pointed out, Lowe and Obafemi's records are fairly similar.
Bidwell or Manning are much of a muchness so either would do.
Cooper is a midfielder?
Why would anyone swap a defender for a midfielder?
Martin gets slated for playing players out of position, yet you would suggest theoretically substituting a left back for an attacking midfielder ?
For me the team Cooper had was much better than the one we have been left with today.
Grimes and Fulton are the same as they were, Cabango has gone backwards IMHO and Naughton is a shadow of himself due to age.

Yeah but it clearly isn’t.

Obafemi has been part of this side for 18 months, these are the tools Martin has had.

Obafemi has 1 goal involvement in every 176 mins for us.
Lowe had 1 goal involvement in every 246 mins for us.

Not even close.

Bidwell was a left sided midfielder for us more than he was a left back.

So again, a suggestion of a swap of Ollie Cooper and Bidwell would be laughable.

Grimes, Cabango and Fulton are all better players today than they were 2 years ago.

Naughton has declined, I’ll grant you. But that doesn’t move the dial much.

I have already proven Piroes superiority, added to Allen and Ntcham and it really is no contest.
[Post edited 13 Feb 2023 20:10]

Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 20:14 - Feb 13 with 558 viewsscruffyjack

Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 19:56 - Feb 13 by Dr_Parnassus

He has been for the last 18 months, and is still a Swansea player.

We are discussing who has had the better players at his disposal are we not?

No, we are talking about the current players. Get it in your head, Obafemi is not in that bracket.
Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 20:27 - Feb 13 with 536 viewsDr_Parnassus

Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 20:14 - Feb 13 by scruffyjack

No, we are talking about the current players. Get it in your head, Obafemi is not in that bracket.

Obafemi is a current player, he’s on loan.

We are comparing this squad to another. Obafemi has been part of that squad for pretty much Martins entire tenure, it would be inaccurate to exclude him.

What benefit is the conversation “the squad available for the last 2 games”? We are talking about the squad he has been provided with. He chose to drop Obafemi and send him on loan.

His choice.

Get it in your head please.

Twisting facts to get the result you want won’t wash with me.
[Post edited 13 Feb 2023 20:31]

Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 20:32 - Feb 13 with 534 viewsguthrieintherain

Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 21:47 - Feb 12 by builthjack

Rigged perhaps.

So every time posters see a poll result they don't like it's rigged got to laugh really.

Poll: What will happen with Morgan Whittaker

Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 20:41 - Feb 13 with 515 viewsguthrieintherain

Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 08:35 - Feb 13 by raynor94

You can be happy with the owners, but not the manager.

I don't think we are in danger of going down, so I'd leave him here till the end of the season, but defeat Wednesday could change that

That's nearly how I see it..

But the owners did blot there copybook in the last window
Basically finished our play off hopes and now we are looking down not up.

Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 20:43 - Feb 13 with 507 viewsDr_Parnassus

Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 20:32 - Feb 13 by guthrieintherain

So every time posters see a poll result they don't like it's rigged got to laugh really.

Pathetic isn’t it.

Where as if the result was 90% unhappy with the owners, there would be bullish celebration.

It’s confirmation bias, people hate to think their view is not the popularly represented one, so they create their own reality.

This is why it’s felt like we have been living in the twilight zone with this manager, with people convincing themselves and each other that he is some tactical visionary mastermind, despite the realities stating otherwise.

Anyone who disagrees is just “negative” and “not a proper fan”… couldn’t possible because they were right of course.

Same goes for these polls, if they go the way you want then they are fine, if they don’t then they are rigged and everyone is the same person.

Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 20:44 - Feb 13 with 512 viewsguthrieintherain

Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 09:18 - Feb 13 by scruffyjack

How many of our current squad could potentially play in the premier league?

Less than one I would say.

Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 20:47 - Feb 13 with 504 viewsDr_Parnassus

Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 20:41 - Feb 13 by guthrieintherain

We didn’t have any play off hopes really though.

Look at the last couple of games, Martin did his level best to lose the Birmingham game and we were outclassed by Sheff Utd.

No incomings would have realistically changed that course of events, and especially not the ones it appears the management team wanted. Karlan Grant?!

So we would still be 15th, 7 points and a heap of GD behind, playing an awful brand of ineffective football.

If someone said I had the chance to go back right now to secure the Grant deal and the £500k+ outlay that comes with it and Ogbene. I would say no thank you.

Why waste the money when we may well have a new manager next season.

Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 20:50 - Feb 13 with 502 viewsonehunglow

Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 20:43 - Feb 13 by Dr_Parnassus

Pathetic isn’t it.

Where as if the result was 90% unhappy with the owners, there would be bullish celebration.

It’s confirmation bias, people hate to think their view is not the popularly represented one, so they create their own reality.

This is why it’s felt like we have been living in the twilight zone with this manager, with people convincing themselves and each other that he is some tactical visionary mastermind, despite the realities stating otherwise.

Anyone who disagrees is just “negative” and “not a proper fan”… couldn’t possible because they were right of course.

Same goes for these polls, if they go the way you want then they are fine, if they don’t then they are rigged and everyone is the same person.

I get it wrong by going on about him all the time
Everyone knows the reality
We should be united but we be some way to go yet
People are worried rightly so

Over worrying or being “ negative” has no effect on the players unless they are logging in on here

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 20:52 - Feb 13 with 499 viewsDr_Parnassus

Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 20:44 - Feb 13 by guthrieintherain

Less than one I would say.

Piroe would already be a Premier League player if we didn’t demand so much.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/transfernews/article-10997957/amp/Swansea-20mi

Obafemi will be a Premier League player next season in all likelihood.

Potter thinks Grimes can play in the Premier League and he’s improved since he made those comments.

https://ghanaguardian.com/matt-grimes-swans-midfielder-ready-for-premier-league-

Id be stunned if Ollie Cooper didn’t get Premier League suitors in the next 18 months.

I also don’t think it’s beyond Cabango. He’s only 22 and a full international with 200 club appearances to his name, I think he’s one of the most highly valued CB’s in the Championship under 23 years of age. He’s only going to get better.

We have an excellent side.
[Post edited 13 Feb 2023 20:56]

Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 20:59 - Feb 13 with 496 viewsguthrieintherain

Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 20:47 - Feb 13 by Dr_Parnassus

We didn’t have any play off hopes really though.

Look at the last couple of games, Martin did his level best to lose the Birmingham game and we were outclassed by Sheff Utd.

No incomings would have realistically changed that course of events, and especially not the ones it appears the management team wanted. Karlan Grant?!

So we would still be 15th, 7 points and a heap of GD behind, playing an awful brand of ineffective football.

If someone said I had the chance to go back right now to secure the Grant deal and the £500k+ outlay that comes with it and Ogbene. I would say no thank you.

Why waste the money when we may well have a new manager next season.

Yes agree on the Grant deal a waste of money on his own would not be enough.

We did have an outside chance of a play off spot in my opinion even if it was a slim one.

The top 2 are just about up looking like Boro West Brom for the play offs as well.

With Norwich Watford Luton Blackburn and Millwall all looking stronger than us at the time.

It was a long shot maybe 20% chance with a couple of signings.

We had no chance come Feb 1st.
[Post edited 13 Feb 2023 21:04]

Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 21:03 - Feb 13 with 487 viewsonehunglow

Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 20:59 - Feb 13 by guthrieintherain

Yes agree on the Grant deal a waste of money on his own would not be enough.

We did have an outside chance of a play off spot in my opinion even if it was a slim one.

The top 2 are just about up looking like Boro West Brom for the play offs as well.

With Norwich Watford Luton Blackburn and Millwall all looking stronger than us at the time.

It was a long shot maybe 20% chance with a couple of signings.

We had no chance come Feb 1st.
[Post edited 13 Feb 2023 21:04]

This season is about retaining our current league status and rebooting next season,or at least it should .
Next season could see some massive clubs playing in our league

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 21:07 - Feb 13 with 485 viewsJack11

If we don’t get 7 points as an absolute minimum from these next 4 games, Martin should definitely be sacked. He should be sacked by now anyway but less than that return in these next games would be the final nail in the coffin.

The way the owners handle Martin’s underperformance will be what I judge them on because it’s the most pressing thing they have to deal with. They’ve not really had to deal with underperforming managers since relegation.

I’m quite pleased with the way they’re handling things generally but the way they handle Martin is an acid test in my opinion of them, beyond many of the things people have judged them on.
Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 21:12 - Feb 13 with 481 viewsguthrieintherain

Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 21:03 - Feb 13 by onehunglow

This season is about retaining our current league status and rebooting next season,or at least it should .
Next season could see some massive clubs playing in our league

Yes I wouldn't sack Russ unless we get dragged into a relegation battle.

The owners need a good think will be cheaper to get shot in the summer still 18 months to go currently on the contract plus there will be more choice.

Lose to Blackpool though and Russ will feel the heat.

Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 21:13 - Feb 13 with 479 viewsFireboy2

Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 21:07 - Feb 13 by Jack11

If we don’t get 7 points as an absolute minimum from these next 4 games, Martin should definitely be sacked. He should be sacked by now anyway but less than that return in these next games would be the final nail in the coffin.

The way the owners handle Martin’s underperformance will be what I judge them on because it’s the most pressing thing they have to deal with. They’ve not really had to deal with underperforming managers since relegation.

I’m quite pleased with the way they’re handling things generally but the way they handle Martin is an acid test in my opinion of them, beyond many of the things people have judged them on.

You are quite pleased in the way they are running the club down slowly but surely?
Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 21:18 - Feb 13 with 472 viewsGixerJack

Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 20:41 - Feb 13 by guthrieintherain

Didn’t they also blot it in January 2020??
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024