Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City 12:46 - Feb 12 with 12466 viewsmagicdaps10

Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 16:22 - Feb 14 with 710 viewspete

Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 15:58 - Feb 14 by raynor94

In fairness Martin has been backed, and most of his signings and loans have been poor.

And if true we were willing to pay up to £17 k a week for Grant, that's hardly tightening the purse strings.

I definitely can see a parting of the ways this summer

no he hasnt, the people brought in( last window but one) were people that the owneres would pay for, dont think R M had much input on who was brought in and to say they were going to pay £17 k a week is great, but they are NOT paying are they as the guy did not arrivre so neither of us really know if the purse strings are being tightened or not do we ? the fact is he was not backed in the last window to improve the chance of promotion and being honest this is not the first or second time they have vetoed deals all sorted over the years, why are they here ? they dont come to games so whats in it for them
Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 16:39 - Feb 14 with 700 viewspete

Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 10:08 - Feb 14 by whiterock

I'm surprised by the vote, thought it would be a landslide the other way, whilst not 100% happy with the owners I'd rather be sustainable than fashionable or be at the wim of one man.

so did i re the owners, but we are at the wim of 1 guy Levein
Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 16:59 - Feb 14 with 689 viewsmagicdaps10

Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 14:57 - Feb 14 by vetchonian

No face saving for me...but maybe for the followers of the Martin cult easy now to throw the blame at the owners for the messiahs shortcomings

There is a lot of discontent....and it will vary from who you talk to....discontent with the quality , attractiveness and results of our football, apparent lack of spending/investment by the owners

I have stated several times that Im not a great fan of our owners BUT we are not in the same spiral that I remember the last time we fell from the top tier...thanks to their stewardship we appear to be on an even financial keel, and up until this last window they do not appear to have been afraid to spend....remember they brought in Christie and WOlf on loan last year and signed Ogebeta who the manager "refused" to use alongside FIsher who was relegated to the bench
In the Summer Darling and Wood paid for ( and Darling wasnt cheap) along with several loans and Joey of course who would have commanded a sizeable signing on fee despite being a free agaent....so for folks to say he hasnt been backed is a bit off the mark. Despite signing his targets ( 3 of whom are more often than not to be found on the bench) the manager doesnt seem that keen to use them so why should the owners splash out more cash for players to get splinters? Dont forget we are not a cash rich club.

Yes at the end of the day the responsibility for change rests ultimately with the owners ..maybe they do not believe now is the right time to change manager better wait till the summer perhaps

You have often reminded us all of where we came from and used that to have a go with those on here that posted with expectation will I remember too well those post 1st Division years and where we currently are is far better than back then , Im not saying all is rosy in the garden and there is much to be sorted but as you say both sides of the discussion are looking at face saving

You are hardly going to say that you are saving face, same applies for everyone else.........it becomes clearer when those then chuck it in others faces to try and save face even more.

You are right and I agree with you, responsibility ultimately rests on the owners as you say.

Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 17:51 - Feb 14 with 669 viewsraynor94

Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 16:22 - Feb 14 by pete

no he hasnt, the people brought in( last window but one) were people that the owneres would pay for, dont think R M had much input on who was brought in and to say they were going to pay £17 k a week is great, but they are NOT paying are they as the guy did not arrivre so neither of us really know if the purse strings are being tightened or not do we ? the fact is he was not backed in the last window to improve the chance of promotion and being honest this is not the first or second time they have vetoed deals all sorted over the years, why are they here ? they dont come to games so whats in it for them

Darling, Fisher, Wood, Sorinola and Joey.

And The Baggies pulled the plug on the Grant deal

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 18:24 - Feb 14 with 650 viewsvetchonian

Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 16:22 - Feb 14 by pete

Fisher, Darling Wood Sorinla all Martin picks came in January 2022 and August 2022

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 18:29 - Feb 14 with 647 viewsvetchonian

Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 16:59 - Feb 14 by magicdaps10

You are hardly going to say that you are saving face, same applies for everyone else.........it becomes clearer when those then chuck it in others faces to try and save face even more.

You are right and I agree with you, responsibility ultimately rests on the owners as you say.

Yes the owners have to take some responsibility but as the poll asks are they doing enough for Swansea City ?

For me they are keeping us financially stable so I would say yes, on the footballing front I think they have stuck too long with the manager they have backed him with players and I wont go through the list again ....I understand why there is disappointment as no cash was splashed in January but that doesn't really mean they aren't doing enough....and is now really the time to be ditching the manager?

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 21:21 - Feb 14 with 608 viewsDr_Parnassus

Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 16:59 - Feb 14 by magicdaps10

The people disagree with you.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 21:41 - Feb 14 with 608 viewsmagicdaps10

Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 21:21 - Feb 14 by Dr_Parnassus

People are entitled to their opinion, I am cool with that.

Login to get fewer ads

Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 21:43 - Feb 14 with 591 viewsDr_Parnassus

Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 21:41 - Feb 14 by magicdaps10

Easy one to make really.

No other owners have given as much of their own money as these. Right?

Or spent more outside the Premier League, right?

Or given a manager as much time and leeway as these (which is what you have been calling for for months), right?

Easy then.

Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 22:28 - Feb 14 with 592 viewsBryanSwan

Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 21:43 - Feb 14 by Dr_Parnassus

Easy one to make really.

No other owners have given as much of their own money as these. Right?

Or spent more outside the Premier League, right?

Or given a manager as much time and leeway as these (which is what you have been calling for for months), right?

Easy then.

Or received more money from transfers outside the Premier League. Net profit of over £100m.
Lets also completely forgot the sheer incompetence shown when they arrived and forced a decent manager out only to replace him with Bob Bradley.

The only thing i think they have done well is in stabilising the club after relegation, although that was in their own interest really if they want their investment to be worth anything.

Poll: When will Russell Martin no longer be Swansea manager?

Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 22:34 - Feb 14 with 588 viewsRhonnda_Jack

Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 21:41 - Feb 14 by magicdaps10

Days your opinion is compelling most of the time.
Don't worry about it , I use to think you might actually be YJB😆
Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 22:35 - Feb 14 with 588 viewsSTID2017

Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 21:21 - Feb 14 by Dr_Parnassus

Well 50 who voted on here do
Is that necessarily representative the 40k or more Swans supporters though ?

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 22:53 - Feb 14 with 572 viewsDr_Parnassus

Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 22:28 - Feb 14 by BryanSwan

Or received more money from transfers outside the Premier League. Net profit of over £100m.
Lets also completely forgot the sheer incompetence shown when they arrived and forced a decent manager out only to replace him with Bob Bradley.

The only thing i think they have done well is in stabilising the club after relegation, although that was in their own interest really if they want their investment to be worth anything.

“Received”.

The creditors we owed money to received that, the owners didn’t receive anything.

That’s why we are in a position of stability.

Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 08:20 - Feb 15 with 530 viewsSullutaCreturned

Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 22:53 - Feb 14 by Dr_Parnassus

“Received”.

The creditors we owed money to received that, the owners didn’t receive anything.

That’s why we are in a position of stability.

We made a lot of cuts very quickly though AND had the parachute payments.

I think the big mistake was having a lot of expensive loans. If we had taken this approach in Coopers time we'd be better off now, in my opinion. If Cooper had been given a Piroe instead of loaning Brewster, if he'd been allowed to buy some good young players we may never have been subjected to Martin.

That opinion of course, has changed with hindsight. I wanted Cooper gone back then but now I feel that the owners should have backed Cooper I the same way they have Martin. That has been the owners biggest failure, we gad a good manager let down by owners who wanted out, now their mistake has been in supporting a poor manager. A manager with blinkers on who cannot see his big plan doesn't work at Swansea, or any club without massive coffers.
Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 09:02 - Feb 15 with 514 viewsDr_Parnassus

Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 08:20 - Feb 15 by SullutaCreturned

I think the big mistake was having a lot of expensive loans. If we had taken this approach in Coopers time we'd be better off now, in my opinion. If Cooper had been given a Piroe instead of loaning Brewster, if he'd been allowed to buy some good young players we may never have been subjected to Martin.

That opinion of course, has changed with hindsight. I wanted Cooper gone back then but now I feel that the owners should have backed Cooper I the same way they have Martin. That has been the owners biggest failure, we gad a good manager let down by owners who wanted out, now their mistake has been in supporting a poor manager. A manager with blinkers on who cannot see his big plan doesn't work at Swansea, or any club without massive coffers.

That’s what we needed to do though?

Who were the expensive loans? This is a myth that keeps rearing its head.

Brewster was free (as were the majority of our youth loans), we had no money for a Piroe.

Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 10:42 - Feb 15 with 480 viewsonehunglow

Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 08:20 - Feb 15 by SullutaCreturned

“Subjected to Martin”

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 11:42 - Feb 15 with 465 viewsBryanSwan

Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 09:02 - Feb 15 by Dr_Parnassus

That’s what we needed to do though?

Who were the expensive loans? This is a myth that keeps rearing its head.

Brewster was free (as were the majority of our youth loans), we had no money for a Piroe.

Is there anyone that confirm this assertion that Guehi, Woodman, Wilmot, Gallagher, Gibbs-White, Gyokores, Surridge and Hourihane were all free?

I'd think there is a fair few million in expenditure for that list.

Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 11:47 - Feb 15 with 462 viewswhiterock

To be fair, our midfield of say Fulton, Grimes, Allen and Cooper are possibly the best available in this division, Piroe is decent, Cullen less so and Whitiker, has done well on loan at Plymouth, there's also a player in Pato and this needs to be sorted.
Martin has had 18 months or so to sort out our defence and we are no better now than we were in August 2021 (possibly worse). And there in lies our problem.
Our owners are not great, however, they do put in without going overboard.
64% saying they are doing enough has shocked me.
Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 11:52 - Feb 15 with 456 viewsDr_Parnassus

Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 11:42 - Feb 15 by BryanSwan

Is there anyone that confirm this assertion that Guehi, Woodman, Wilmot, Gallagher, Gibbs-White, Gyokores, Surridge and Hourihane were all free?

I'd think there is a fair few million in expenditure for that list.

Not an assertion, it’s a fact.

Although not all those were free.

Gibbs White wasn’t free, but he was fairly cheap as they called him back after a few months, Hourihane also cost a few hundred thousand.

The ones people think were expensive, the likes of Brewster, were free.

Just as Tammy Abraham was.

Salary, and penalties for not hitting playing minutes targets.

Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 11:53 - Feb 15 with 458 viewsjack247

When they reach the point of being able to run us within our own means without relying on selling our best players to cover our running costs every season, then yes.

Every club is a selling club, but when it becomes a regular necessity, then it’s hard to say they are.

Whoever is in charge next season will have a tougher job than RM has now.
Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 11:54 - Feb 15 with 454 viewsDr_Parnassus

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1225208/Liverpool-transfer-news-Rhian-B

“ Liverpool are reportedly not receiving a loan fee for the 19-year-old however it’s believed the agreement includes wage recovery and non-playing penalties.”

Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 11:56 - Feb 15 with 450 viewsDr_Parnassus

Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 11:53 - Feb 15 by jack247

When they reach the point of being able to run us within our own means without relying on selling our best players to cover our running costs every season, then yes.

Every club is a selling club, but when it becomes a regular necessity, then it’s hard to say they are.

When we reach that point you won’t have a Piroe, a Grimes, a Ntcham, an Allen…

Then no doubt they won’t be doing enough because the squad isn’t good enough, right?

Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 12:06 - Feb 15 with 451 viewsBryanSwan

Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 11:52 - Feb 15 by Dr_Parnassus

Not an assertion, it’s a fact.

Although not all those were free.

Gibbs White wasn’t free, but he was fairly cheap as they called him back after a few months, Hourihane also cost a few hundred thousand.

The ones people think were expensive, the likes of Brewster, were free.

Just as Tammy Abraham was.

Salary, and penalties for not hitting playing minutes targets.

I'm not having a go by the way.

It's just that loan fees are very rarely mentioned and more often than not are undisclosed.

Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 12:09 - Feb 15 with 448 viewsjack247

Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 11:56 - Feb 15 by Dr_Parnassus

When we reach that point you won’t have a Piroe, a Grimes, a Ntcham, an Allen…

Then no doubt they won’t be doing enough because the squad isn’t good enough, right?

If they aren’t capable of producing a decent Championship side without having to sell someone for £8m every season just to cover bases, then no, they won’t be doing enough.
Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 12:20 - Feb 15 with 444 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 11:53 - Feb 15 by jack247

We absolutely should be a selling club. Flynnidine is the perfect example of the sort of deals we should be going for year in year out. Talented young player languishing in the lower leagues, may be a bit unsettled and looking for a chance. Get him in give him a chance and sell him on for big money.

Look at the last time we did well at this level. Our whole team was essentially free or low cost transfers. Ash plucked from non league, Rangel from some random village team in Spain, Taylor from Wrexham. Tate and Britton free. De Vries free. The only sizeable transfers at the time were probably Scott Sinclair and Craig Beattie and that was nothing compared to what we paid for Piroe etc.

The players are out there, we just don’t seem to look for them any more.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024