Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City 12:46 - Feb 12 with 12467 viewsmagicdaps10

Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 07:33 - Feb 14 with 746 viewspete

Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 07:30 - Feb 14 by Dr_Parnassus

Whittaker is a second striker, essentially the same thing. Someone to play off Piroe or Cullen. There is enough options there, plus they provided Obafemi.

Naughton is a cracking player and Sorinola is Martins pick. We can’t keep complaining we want more players.

Absolutely I think this is a play off standard team, it’s not too dissimilar to the one Cooper got the playoffs with twice.

nothing like the play off side cooper had, look at the squad he had any way thanks for the reply but you just like an argument, well not from me not worth it
Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 07:36 - Feb 14 with 729 viewsDr_Parnassus

Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 07:33 - Feb 14 by pete

nothing like the play off side cooper had, look at the squad he had any way thanks for the reply but you just like an argument, well not from me not worth it

I did look at it, that’s why I said it.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 07:37 - Feb 14 with 728 viewsDr_Parnassus

Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 10:46 - Feb 13 by Dr_Parnassus

Nobody can tell me with a straight face that this team is 11 places better than the one we have now.

Benda is about the same as Woodman, but Benda more suited to this system.
Piroe as proven is far more effective than Ayew.
Obafemi is far better than Lowe.
Ntcham/Allen is better than Hourihane.
Cooper/Manning is better than Bidwell

Grimes, Cabango, Fulton and Naughton are still here.

Guehi and Roberts are the only two I’d take, and one of them wasn’t even ours.

So I wouldn’t swap.

Bump

Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 07:49 - Feb 14 with 721 viewsmagicdaps10

Nearly 48hrs in and little change in the previous 24hrs.....seems over 3 people in 5 think the owners are doing enough.

I must confess that I am a bit Suprised. It's an interesting one especially when polls have shown that the majority want to see Martin relieved of his duties but yet that decision is down to the Americans but yet the majority are happy with them.

Its interesting and funny to see how people think.

Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 07:51 - Feb 14 with 704 viewsDr_Parnassus

Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 07:49 - Feb 14 by magicdaps10

Nearly 48hrs in and little change in the previous 24hrs.....seems over 3 people in 5 think the owners are doing enough.

I must confess that I am a bit Suprised. It's an interesting one especially when polls have shown that the majority want to see Martin relieved of his duties but yet that decision is down to the Americans but yet the majority are happy with them.

Because you asked about the owners and not the manager.

The people who have replied have told you that they support the owners and think they are doing their job by keeping us solvent and backing the managers in charge… but don’t like the manager.

If you wanted to get a response to a specific manager related question then you should have asked it.

I did try and point that out immediately to you.

Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 07:56 - Feb 14 with 709 viewsmagicdaps10

Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 07:51 - Feb 14 by Dr_Parnassus

Because you asked about the owners and not the manager.

The people who have replied have told you that they support the owners and think they are doing their job by keeping us solvent and backing the managers in charge… but don’t like the manager.

If you wanted to get a response to a specific manager related question then you should have asked it.

I did try and point that out immediately to you.

Maybe they should have asked like you before they started voting for something that they didn't know they were voting on.

Its like the Brexit vote all over 🙈
The Brexit lot tried claiming they knew what they were voting for aswell, wonder if that will be the case here 🤔

Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 08:00 - Feb 14 with 695 viewsDr_Parnassus

Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 07:56 - Feb 14 by magicdaps10

Maybe they should have asked like you before they started voting for something that they didn't know they were voting on.

Its like the Brexit vote all over 🙈
The Brexit lot tried claiming they knew what they were voting for aswell, wonder if that will be the case here 🤔

You didn’t answer though.

Owners job is to keep the club solvent, supply the manager with a side capable of it’s aims and ensure there is enough in the kitty to spend a couple of million a year.

It seems to me that the responders think they are doing enough in all these departments and probably understand that you can’t just sack your managers without it being the right circumstances.

I dislike the manager (as a manager) and want him sacked, but only if it makes financial sense to with a manager already lined up.

Without either of the above then “immediate” sacking probably isn’t advisable.

Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 10:08 - Feb 14 with 671 viewswhiterock

I'm surprised by the vote, thought it would be a landslide the other way, whilst not 100% happy with the owners I'd rather be sustainable than fashionable or be at the wim of one man.
Login to get fewer ads

Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 10:33 - Feb 14 with 656 viewsraynor94

Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 07:49 - Feb 14 by magicdaps10

Why is it funny, of course you can be happy with the way club is run, just becuse they haven't sacked the manager doesn't mean they aren't running the club in a sustainable way.

As far as Martin is concerned they have been patient owners

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 10:49 - Feb 14 with 646 viewsvetchonian

Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 23:06 - Feb 13 by Fireboy2

Imo the club are running us down by giving martin less options regarding players, are they doing it because they do not trust him anymore or because they do not want to spend anymore on players, whatever the answer i believe it means that the club is getting run down because of this.

Has he been backed though?

Why didn't he play the loan players he was given? Was it because they weren't his choices? Was he told to use them but he refused, what would you do in his position?

Btw thanks for your opinion on me rayns 👍

what about this scenario

Martin asked for Pato he told us he was his first target.....not playing Martin goes to the board i need Fisher and Darling from my old club to make my system work oh and if Sorinola is available too that would be a good fit

Had Benda not been injured then all 3 would be picking up splinters.
So isn't that backing? Wood too I would have thought would have been his choice?

our previous manager seemed to play some loan players that werent his choices so why shouldnt Russ at least then he could have demonstrated as to why they werent the right choice instead of being his usual stubborn arrogant self!

Maybe in this last window Martin's choices didn't come for various reasons and after last January's Ogebeta scenario the board decided against spending when it might be a waste of time.

Im no fan of the owners but they are keeping us solvent...I'm not cinvicned they are running us down to what end what that suit them?

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 11:11 - Feb 14 with 642 viewsSTID2017

Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 10:49 - Feb 14 by vetchonian

what about this scenario

Martin asked for Pato he told us he was his first target.....not playing Martin goes to the board i need Fisher and Darling from my old club to make my system work oh and if Sorinola is available too that would be a good fit

So isn't that backing? Wood too I would have thought would have been his choice?

our previous manager seemed to play some loan players that werent his choices so why shouldnt Russ at least then he could have demonstrated as to why they werent the right choice instead of being his usual stubborn arrogant self!

Maybe in this last window Martin's choices didn't come for various reasons and after last January's Ogebeta scenario the board decided against spending when it might be a waste of time.

Im no fan of the owners but they are keeping us solvent...I'm not cinvicned they are running us down to what end what that suit them?

Not sure they are intentionally running the club down.
However I think that as a result of their decisions it is having that effect.
They obviously didn't want to spend money in the window.
This is having a negative effect of endangering our survival in the Championship.
Maybe not this season but certainly next season
Cause and effect

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 11:24 - Feb 14 with 629 viewsDr_Parnassus

Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 10:49 - Feb 14 by vetchonian

what about this scenario

Common sense is not that common.

Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 12:29 - Feb 14 with 607 viewsvetchonian

Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 11:11 - Feb 14 by STID2017

Not sure they are intentionally running the club down.
However I think that as a result of their decisions it is having that effect.
They obviously didn't want to spend money in the window.
This is having a negative effect of endangering our survival in the Championship.
Maybe not this season but certainly next season
Cause and effect

What about the cause and effect of the Manager?

How many wins in how many games? would you as a player want to go to a team that is not "successful"?

The managers ineptness is endangering our survival in the Championship too...For me the Brum game and his subs showed how he in not a manager. Yes a personal opinion and I have been vocal since early doors but 18 months what evidence of any process?

Money is tight so if we cannot find the "right" targets should they have blown money for more players not to be selected?

We are where we are with the owners as I have said previously back to a similar situation as the Silver Shield/9th Floor days where the ownership has no emotional attachment to the club unlike the likes Of Malcolm Struel, Doug Sharpe and the sellouts where sometimes the fan in them would make the decision rather than a calculating business person.

Where will we find new owners?

Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 13:39 - Feb 14 with 582 viewsSTID2017

Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 12:29 - Feb 14 by vetchonian

What about the cause and effect of the Manager?

How many wins in how many games? would you as a player want to go to a team that is not "successful"?

The managers ineptness is endangering our survival in the Championship too...For me the Brum game and his subs showed how he in not a manager. Yes a personal opinion and I have been vocal since early doors but 18 months what evidence of any process?

Money is tight so if we cannot find the "right" targets should they have blown money for more players not to be selected?

We are where we are with the owners as I have said previously back to a similar situation as the Silver Shield/9th Floor days where the ownership has no emotional attachment to the club unlike the likes Of Malcolm Struel, Doug Sharpe and the sellouts where sometimes the fan in them would make the decision rather than a calculating business person.

Where will we find new owners?

The owners have it within their power to limit the cause and effect of the manager by sacking him at any time ?
So if they judge him to have failed then it is within their power to do something about it

Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 14:05 - Feb 14 with 563 viewsvetchonian

Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 13:39 - Feb 14 by STID2017

The owners have it within their power to limit the cause and effect of the manager by sacking him at any time ?
So if they judge him to have failed then it is within their power to do something about it

But the timing of that decision is critical....as are most business decision

another poster has written about the merits/sense in changing the manager now

What makes you say they have judged him to have failed?

I wonder if players are put off coming here as we are no longer a winning side as a result of the managers ineptitude being unable to sign players isnt necessarily just down to the Owners dodgy negotiating tactics or no deisire to spend monies

edit to add points

All I did was challenge you re the owners being culpable for possible relegation from the Championship suggesting the Manager has some blame too
[Post edited 14 Feb 2023 14:16]

Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 14:22 - Feb 14 with 555 viewsSTID2017

Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 14:05 - Feb 14 by vetchonian

I wonder if players are put off coming here as we are no longer a winning side as a result of the managers ineptitude being unable to sign players isnt necessarily just down to the Owners dodgy negotiating tactics or no deisire to spend monies

edit to add points

All I did was challenge you re the owners being culpable for possible relegation from the Championship suggesting the Manager has some blame too

Who employs the manager ?
Who decides if he is doing a good job or needs help or has failed ?
Who has the final say on who we sign ?
Who sets the budgets and puts the manager in s position where he has to manage that budget by selling players?
Who decides on contracts for new and existing players and staff ?
The answer is of course the same - the owners.
So yes they are culpable
I would say they have clearly laid their cards on the table with regards to Martin by not backing him in January
Otherwise why didn't they get in the players he needed?

Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 14:30 - Feb 14 with 549 viewsvetchonian

Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 14:22 - Feb 14 by STID2017

Who employs the manager ?
Who decides if he is doing a good job or needs help or has failed ?
Who has the final say on who we sign ?
Who sets the budgets and puts the manager in s position where he has to manage that budget by selling players?
Who decides on contracts for new and existing players and staff ?
The answer is of course the same - the owners.
So yes they are culpable
I would say they have clearly laid their cards on the table with regards to Martin by not backing him in January
Otherwise why didn't they get in the players he needed?

You need to read my posts

As I said what if Martin's targets didnt want to come here or at the price our owners wanted to pay?

If we were winning more and more successful and the stories of the manager and players falling out didnt abound then maybe more players might be attracted to this football backwater

I would have thought input for contracts comes from all angles ...didnt Fulton get an enhanced contract under Cooper so they have done it before

There is blame for both parties for our current situation but I think the apportion of blame follows the percentages in this poll ie the manager has most of the blame around 60% for me the rest sits with the owners but it will be easier to find a manager than new owners and a proper manager could lift our performances and results

Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 14:35 - Feb 14 with 540 viewsSTID2017

Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 14:30 - Feb 14 by vetchonian

You need to read my posts

As I said what if Martin's targets didnt want to come here or at the price our owners wanted to pay?

If we were winning more and more successful and the stories of the manager and players falling out didnt abound then maybe more players might be attracted to this football backwater

I would have thought input for contracts comes from all angles ...didnt Fulton get an enhanced contract under Cooper so they have done it before

There is blame for both parties for our current situation but I think the apportion of blame follows the percentages in this poll ie the manager has most of the blame around 60% for me the rest sits with the owners but it will be easier to find a manager than new owners and a proper manager could lift our performances and results

Bad enough with your mate Dr P
Save the lectures for somebody who gives a hoot
Don't start with the corrective nonsense.
No wish to read your long chapter and verses
Enjoy your afternoon
[Post edited 14 Feb 2023 14:38]

Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 14:36 - Feb 14 with 536 viewsmagicdaps10

Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 14:05 - Feb 14 by vetchonian

edit to add points

So ultimately for any of what you say needs to change.......surely that would fall on the Laos of the owners.

There is a lot of discontent on here, a lot pro and a lot con regards things at the club and what needs to be done.

For any of that to happen then the owners need to take control of the situation, yet many think they are doing a good job.......doesnt add up.
A lot saving face for me AND that goes for both sides of the discussion here.
This is when you find out how honest posters are and where their integrity really is.

Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 14:47 - Feb 14 with 519 viewsSTID2017

Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 14:36 - Feb 14 by magicdaps10

So ultimately for any of what you say needs to change.......surely that would fall on the Laos of the owners.

There is a lot of discontent on here, a lot pro and a lot con regards things at the club and what needs to be done.

For any of that to happen then the owners need to take control of the situation, yet many think they are doing a good job.......doesnt add up.
This is when you find out how honest posters are and where their integrity really is.

I can understand why people are happy thst the club is in a seemingly good financial position off the field but ultimately when we lose good players, have to retain a manager without backing him in the last window ( which leaves him and his staff feeling undermined ) due to not having the money to sack him reportedly, then in the long term I worry for the club's future.
None of us can be happy with results on the field, so the manager must share responsibility for that with the players and the owners
Next season or the season after could see us playing in League One ... but still the owners aren't culpable.
Beggars belief

Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 14:57 - Feb 14 with 509 viewsvetchonian

Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 14:36 - Feb 14 by magicdaps10

No face saving for me...but maybe for the followers of the Martin cult easy now to throw the blame at the owners for the messiahs shortcomings

There is a lot of discontent....and it will vary from who you talk to....discontent with the quality , attractiveness and results of our football, apparent lack of spending/investment by the owners

I have stated several times that Im not a great fan of our owners BUT we are not in the same spiral that I remember the last time we fell from the top tier...thanks to their stewardship we appear to be on an even financial keel, and up until this last window they do not appear to have been afraid to spend....remember they brought in Christie and WOlf on loan last year and signed Ogebeta who the manager "refused" to use alongside FIsher who was relegated to the bench
In the Summer Darling and Wood paid for ( and Darling wasnt cheap) along with several loans and Joey of course who would have commanded a sizeable signing on fee despite being a free agaent....so for folks to say he hasnt been backed is a bit off the mark. Despite signing his targets ( 3 of whom are more often than not to be found on the bench) the manager doesnt seem that keen to use them so why should the owners splash out more cash for players to get splinters? Dont forget we are not a cash rich club.

Yes at the end of the day the responsibility for change rests ultimately with the owners ..maybe they do not believe now is the right time to change manager better wait till the summer perhaps

You have often reminded us all of where we came from and used that to have a go with those on here that posted with expectation will I remember too well those post 1st Division years and where we currently are is far better than back then , Im not saying all is rosy in the garden and there is much to be sorted but as you say both sides of the discussion are looking at face saving

Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 15:14 - Feb 14 with 494 viewsvetchonian

Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 14:47 - Feb 14 by STID2017

I can understand why people are happy thst the club is in a seemingly good financial position off the field but ultimately when we lose good players, have to retain a manager without backing him in the last window ( which leaves him and his staff feeling undermined ) due to not having the money to sack him reportedly, then in the long term I worry for the club's future.
None of us can be happy with results on the field, so the manager must share responsibility for that with the players and the owners
Next season or the season after could see us playing in League One ... but still the owners aren't culpable.
Beggars belief

So lets look at January what good players did we lose?

We have loaned out Obafemi with a must buy clause.....you amongst others were crying out for his transfer having a go about his behaviour

No one has said that the owners do not have a share of responsibility for us maybe getting relegated they should have sacked this manager sooner.....as I have said earlier whilst it seems the manager was not backed in this last window he has been well backed previously without any progress shown on the field the the manager has to shoulder the blame for that his selections ( including playing round pegs in square holes) his tactics and the fact as an ex defender he cannot sort out our defence .

The owners have a part to play but the lions share rests with the manager our relegation..... but who is to say another manager might not change that? Look at Forest last season bottom of the pile to promotion....

Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 15:32 - Feb 14 with 491 viewsSTID2017

Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 15:14 - Feb 14 by vetchonian

So lets look at January what good players did we lose?

We have loaned out Obafemi with a must buy clause.....you amongst others were crying out for his transfer having a go about his behaviour

No one has said that the owners do not have a share of responsibility for us maybe getting relegated they should have sacked this manager sooner.....as I have said earlier whilst it seems the manager was not backed in this last window he has been well backed previously without any progress shown on the field the the manager has to shoulder the blame for that his selections ( including playing round pegs in square holes) his tactics and the fact as an ex defender he cannot sort out our defence .

The owners have a part to play but the lions share rests with the manager our relegation..... but who is to say another manager might not change that? Look at Forest last season bottom of the pile to promotion....

Think your mate Dr P has strongly advocated that blame lies anywhere but with the owners ?
Anyway, any manager who comes in here has to be backed in the summer.
As there seems to be a tightening of the purse strings for a possible sale, will that happen.
Or if Martin stays will they back him in the summer ?
Martin's tenure so far has not been wonderful, but the owners are not doing anything to cover themselves in glory.
So to repeat myself, ultimately I hold the owners responsible.

[Post edited 14 Feb 2023 15:39]

Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 15:46 - Feb 14 with 488 viewsvetchonian

Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 15:32 - Feb 14 by STID2017

Think your mate Dr P has strongly advocated that blame lies anywhere but with the owners ?
As there seems to be a tightening of the purse strings for a possible sale, will that happen.
Martin's tenure so far has not been wonderful, but the owners are not doing anything to cover themselves in glory.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion....

So what more could the owners do?

They have as is discussed spent money in backing Martin have they not?

Patterson, Darling, Wood, Fisher Sorinola Ethan Laird. all Russ choices alongisde these you can count Cyrus Christie, Hannes Wolf Oxo fiex Cundle FInn Stevens Joey Allen
I agree these tales of attempted renegotiations after a deal concluded are not great news

You are now asking questions about the future...I would guess if they want Martin to stay then they will need to back him but lets be honest he hasnt returned much from thier backing to date has he?

I actually agree I hold the owners responsible the manager should have been sacked long before now!

Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 15:58 - Feb 14 with 481 viewsraynor94

Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 15:32 - Feb 14 by STID2017

In fairness Martin has been backed, and most of his signings and loans have been poor.

And if true we were willing to pay up to £17 k a week for Grant, that's hardly tightening the purse strings.

I definitely can see a parting of the ways this summer

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024