Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City 12:46 - Feb 12 with 13452 viewsmagicdaps10

Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 06:17 - Feb 13 with 896 viewsWhiterockin

Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 22:22 - Feb 12 by raynor94

I don't mind people knowing.

I voted yes, there are teams in this division £20-30 million in debt!

Of course we all want more money spent, but we are a stable Championship club, something I could only dream of in my first 20 years of supporting the club.

Sometimes you need to be careful what you wish for

This I agree with. But how can posters on one hand say they are doing enough and the other hand complain that they have not sacked RM. How much is enough.
Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 06:24 - Feb 13 with 864 viewsDr_Parnassus

Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 06:17 - Feb 13 by Whiterockin

This I agree with. But how can posters on one hand say they are doing enough and the other hand complain that they have not sacked RM. How much is enough.

Who’s complaining they haven’t sacked him?

I think there are various reasons for keeping him on despite not rating him. Timing is everything when it comes to football, and so is finances.

Both may not be in the favour of sacking him right now.

If we go into next season (assuming this one continues in this manner) and he’s still here, then I’ll be disappointed.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 06:29 - Feb 13 with 873 viewsSTID2017

Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 06:24 - Feb 13 by Dr_Parnassus

Who’s complaining they haven’t sacked him?

I think there are various reasons for keeping him on despite not rating him. Timing is everything when it comes to football, and so is finances.

Both may not be in the favour of sacking him right now.

If we go into next season (assuming this one continues in this manner) and he’s still here, then I’ll be disappointed.

Read the forum.
Many want him out and are complaining he has not gone or that he needs to go.
Who else but the owners have the ability to sack him ?
Strange argument to use totry and defend the owners that one.
Think of any that want to keep him, only you have said he should stay until the end of the season ?

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 07:05 - Feb 13 with 835 viewsDr_Parnassus

Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 06:29 - Feb 13 by STID2017

Read the forum.
Many want him out and are complaining he has not gone or that he needs to go.
Who else but the owners have the ability to sack him ?
Strange argument to use totry and defend the owners that one.
Think of any that want to keep him, only you have said he should stay until the end of the season ?

What argument?

Nothing to defend, it’s the way it is. It costs a load to sack a manager and his whole team, and if that is combined with no able replacements then it’s probably better to stay as it.

Nothing strange about that at all.

Those wanting him sacked immediately (I’ve not seen too many) don’t know what impacts that has on the club, so what they want and what’s for the best isn’t necessarily aligned.

Common sense.

Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 07:59 - Feb 13 with 831 viewsmagicdaps10

Not far off 24hrs and not much in it, the yes just slightly holding its own over the no.

Its an interesting one when there have been a lot of calls regards Martin's position and since the end of January a lot of calls for the yanks to get out and/or do more.

The yes suggests that people are happy with the ownership situation and the manager situation as the owners have the ultimate say on that also.

Anyone else wanting to vote, have a good thorough think about it...........vote on all.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 08:03 - Feb 13 with 784 viewsDr_Parnassus

Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 07:59 - Feb 13 by magicdaps10

Not far off 24hrs and not much in it, the yes just slightly holding its own over the no.

Its an interesting one when there have been a lot of calls regards Martin's position and since the end of January a lot of calls for the yanks to get out and/or do more.

The yes suggests that people are happy with the ownership situation and the manager situation as the owners have the ultimate say on that also.

Anyone else wanting to vote, have a good thorough think about it...........vote on all.

Your question was very vague.

I don’t think you can extrapolate any results to the manager when your question was about the owners.

I did ask you to clarify but I guess if you did that then you wouldn’t have been able to change the meaning if you didn’t like the result.

Right?

Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 08:10 - Feb 13 with 786 viewsSTID2017

Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 07:05 - Feb 13 by Dr_Parnassus

What argument?

Nothing to defend, it’s the way it is. It costs a load to sack a manager and his whole team, and if that is combined with no able replacements then it’s probably better to stay as it.

Nothing strange about that at all.

Those wanting him sacked immediately (I’ve not seen too many) don’t know what impacts that has on the club, so what they want and what’s for the best isn’t necessarily aligned.

Common sense.

Impact on the club ?
What about "any competent manager would have us shooting up the league" ?
Especially as you argue in the match day thread we have a much stronger squad than Cooper had in the play off final for us ?
Surely combining those two statements, sacking Martin would only have a positive impact in your view.
Or does that clash with the agenda of defending the owners at all costs

Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 08:28 - Feb 13 with 754 viewsDr_Parnassus

Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 08:10 - Feb 13 by STID2017

Impact on the club ?
What about "any competent manager would have us shooting up the league" ?
Especially as you argue in the match day thread we have a much stronger squad than Cooper had in the play off final for us ?
Surely combining those two statements, sacking Martin would only have a positive impact in your view.
Or does that clash with the agenda of defending the owners at all costs

What are you talking about? You are jumping from one angle to the next,

Pick one, explore it, move on to the next. But be clear, because at the moment I don’t know what you are asking me.

- Do I think we have a stronger side now than under Cooper? Yes.

- Do I think we should sack Martin with immediate effect? No.

- Do I think we should sack him if it makes financial sense with a manager lined up? Absolutely.

Which bit is confusing you?

Login to get fewer ads

Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 08:34 - Feb 13 with 768 viewsSTID2017

Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 08:28 - Feb 13 by Dr_Parnassus

Pick one, explore it, move on to the next. But be clear, because at the moment I don’t know what you are asking me.

- Do I think we should sack him if it makes financial sense with a manager lined up? Absolutely.

Your goalposts move all the time.
Strange how when you encounter a post yoh cannot argue with you claim not to understand?
Not confused at all this end

Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 08:35 - Feb 13 with 767 viewsraynor94

You can be happy with the owners, but not the manager.

I don't think we are in danger of going down, so I'd leave him here till the end of the season, but defeat Wednesday could change that

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 08:38 - Feb 13 with 738 viewsDr_Parnassus

Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 08:34 - Feb 13 by STID2017

Your goalposts move all the time.
Strange how when you encounter a post yoh cannot argue with you claim not to understand?
Not confused at all this end

Where have the goalposts been moved? I have been extremely clear and consistent on all points haven’t I?

It’s funny when people say “move the goalposts” when you simply don’t give them the answer they are looking for.

No confusion on your end because my posts are clear. Try it.

Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 08:42 - Feb 13 with 736 viewsDr_Parnassus

Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 08:35 - Feb 13 by raynor94

I don't think we are in danger of going down, so I'd leave him here till the end of the season, but defeat Wednesday could change that

Yup.

No issues with the way the owners have handled the manager at all. I understand why they have given him to much support in both finances and time, he fits the mould on the surface.

If it’s a financial drain to sack now with a very small pool to choose a replacement from, then it’s correct to try and not disrupt things.

16 games until the end of the season, even someone of Martins limited ability should be able to muster 3-4 wins with the calibre of squad we have. Especially with the run of games we have coming up.

Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 08:54 - Feb 13 with 750 viewsSTID2017

Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 08:42 - Feb 13 by Dr_Parnassus

Yup.

No issues with the way the owners have handled the manager at all. I understand why they have given him to much support in both finances and time, he fits the mould on the surface.

If it’s a financial drain to sack now with a very small pool to choose a replacement from, then it’s correct to try and not disrupt things.

16 games until the end of the season, even someone of Martins limited ability should be able to muster 3-4 wins with the calibre of squad we have. Especially with the run of games we have coming up.

If you honestly think a competent manager would have us shooting up the league, then 8 wins from 16 would match the 63 points of the six placed team at the end of last season.
So surely it is worth spending the money to get such a competent manager in and get into the playoffs?
The rewards of success (especially as you consider we have a much better squad than two years ago )would far outway the small cost of sacking Martin ?

Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 09:01 - Feb 13 with 746 viewsonehunglow

Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 08:35 - Feb 13 by raynor94

When any mention is made of going down we see some pithy responses but it IS a possibility ,as things stand .
It is not negative at all,it is stating a fact and it clearly stings .

I thought it was almost impossible for us to be relegated from the Prem in the position we were in. No win in six did for us.People need to remember that only points matter no matter how they are accumulated. We need them right now.

I’ve seen Him being described as a good coach and one whom we should feel lucky to have and that is something that bothers me more.

The owners are probably doing what they can ,which isn’t enough

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 09:17 - Feb 13 with 736 viewsWhiterockin

As with all polls on this forum votes are not locked. If one decided to change their mind on any vote, not just this one, all they have to do is click on their prefered choice and it automatically changes.
Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 09:18 - Feb 13 with 734 viewsscruffyjack

Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 08:28 - Feb 13 by Dr_Parnassus

How many of our current squad could potentially play in the premier league?
Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 09:21 - Feb 13 with 728 viewsonehunglow

Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 09:18 - Feb 13 by scruffyjack

If I could interject,none .Nobody close .

Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 09:26 - Feb 13 with 705 viewsDr_Parnassus

Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 08:54 - Feb 13 by STID2017

If you honestly think a competent manager would have us shooting up the league, then 8 wins from 16 would match the 63 points of the six placed team at the end of last season.
So surely it is worth spending the money to get such a competent manager in and get into the playoffs?
The rewards of success (especially as you consider we have a much better squad than two years ago )would far outway the small cost of sacking Martin ?

That would come under this, would it not?

“ - Do I think we should sack him if it makes financial sense with a manager lined up? Absolutely. “

The owners clearly don’t believe there is a viable and affordable option there right now.

You said small cost of sacking Martin. How much is it then?
[Post edited 13 Feb 2023 9:30]

Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 09:29 - Feb 13 with 693 viewsDr_Parnassus

Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 09:18 - Feb 13 by scruffyjack

No idea.

Obafemi, Piroe, Grimes for sure.

Cabango, Benda, Darling, Cooper could all end up there if they progress.

Who knows.

Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 09:31 - Feb 13 with 698 viewsonehunglow

Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 09:26 - Feb 13 by Dr_Parnassus

“ - Do I think we should sack him if it makes financial sense with a manager lined up? Absolutely. “

The owners clearly don’t believe there is a viable and affordable option there right now.

…which leads me to my point that he is in situ nit because of his ability but the fact we don’t have an alternative . That is no endorsement at all of Him.

Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 09:39 - Feb 13 with 666 viewsDr_Parnassus

Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 09:31 - Feb 13 by onehunglow

…which leads me to my point that he is in situ nit because of his ability but the fact we don’t have an alternative . That is no endorsement at all of Him.

Agreed, combined with the costs to sack him and his whole team.

It’s by no means as simple as sacking.

Not at this stage of the season.

Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 10:33 - Feb 13 with 660 viewsscruffyjack

Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 09:29 - Feb 13 by Dr_Parnassus

No idea.

Obafemi, Piroe, Grimes for sure.

Cabango, Benda, Darling, Cooper could all end up there if they progress.

Who knows.

Coopers squad included Guehi, Ayew, Roberts, Lowe, so who do we have in the relevant positions that are better players?
Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 10:46 - Feb 13 with 641 viewsDr_Parnassus

Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 10:33 - Feb 13 by scruffyjack

Coopers squad included Guehi, Ayew, Roberts, Lowe, so who do we have in the relevant positions that are better players?

Nobody can tell me with a straight face that this team is 11 places better than the one we have now.

Benda is about the same as Woodman, but Benda more suited to this system.
Piroe as proven is far more effective than Ayew.
Obafemi is far better than Lowe.
Ntcham/Allen is better than Hourihane.
Cooper/Manning is better than Bidwell

Grimes, Cabango, Fulton and Naughton are still here.

Guehi and Roberts are the only two I’d take, and one of them wasn’t even ours.

So I wouldn’t swap.

Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 10:57 - Feb 13 with 636 viewswhiterock

Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 23:34 - Feb 12 by raynor94

Not with the squad we have, I backed Martin from the beginning, but enough is enough now.

We could be in trouble next season if we persist with him, we are shipping goals and he has no idea how to address it

Agree, he's had two seasons to get the defence sorted and we are worse by the game, I think there is a player in Darling but he tends to get benched regularly.
Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 11:21 - Feb 13 with 625 viewsSTID2017

Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 09:26 - Feb 13 by Dr_Parnassus

I have heard a million.
Even if we exaggerate and say £5 million including paying compensation, compared to the mooted £100 million plus that promotion is worth, a drop in the ocean

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024