Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City 12:46 - Feb 12 with 12469 viewsmagicdaps10

Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 21:19 - Feb 13 with 637 viewsguthrieintherain

Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 21:13 - Feb 13 by Fireboy2

You are quite pleased in the way they are running the club down slowly but surely?

We need to be sustainable.

Ask Derby Portsmouth Bolton what it's like.

But saying that I still remember 1984 and the Petty days worried sick if we would still have a club.
[Post edited 13 Feb 2023 21:21]

Poll: What will happen with Morgan Whittaker

Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 21:20 - Feb 13 with 635 viewsJack11

You are quite pleased in the way they are running the club down slowly but surely?

I’m pleased the club has no debt. I’m pleased that with the exception of the most recent window, there has been some money to spend. I’m generally quite pleased, they have their faults but I also know that it could be so much worse.
Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 21:22 - Feb 13 with 622 viewsguthrieintherain

Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 21:20 - Feb 13 by Jack11

I’m pleased the club has no debt. I’m pleased that with the exception of the most recent window, there has been some money to spend. I’m generally quite pleased, they have their faults but I also know that it could be so much worse.

Agree totally.

Poll: What will happen with Morgan Whittaker

Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 21:28 - Feb 13 with 610 viewsSTID2017

Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 20:47 - Feb 13 by Dr_Parnassus

We didn’t have any play off hopes really though.

Look at the last couple of games, Martin did his level best to lose the Birmingham game and we were outclassed by Sheff Utd.

No incomings would have realistically changed that course of events, and especially not the ones it appears the management team wanted. Karlan Grant?!

So we would still be 15th, 7 points and a heap of GD behind, playing an awful brand of ineffective football.

If someone said I had the chance to go back right now to secure the Grant deal and the £500k+ outlay that comes with it and Ogbene. I would say no thank you.

Why waste the money when we may well have a new manager next season.

"We didn’t have any play off hopes really though."
Assume you mean with Martin in charge ?
Which isn't correct as had we brought in a couple of extra players, who knows where we would have ended up.
Also as you have often stated "with a competent manager we would fly up the leagye", then surely if Martin were replaced this week by a manager you view as competent, we could (based on your statement) easily find ourselves in a play off place

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 21:37 - Feb 13 with 589 viewsDr_Parnassus

Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 21:28 - Feb 13 by STID2017

"We didn’t have any play off hopes really though."
Assume you mean with Martin in charge ?
Which isn't correct as had we brought in a couple of extra players, who knows where we would have ended up.
Also as you have often stated "with a competent manager we would fly up the leagye", then surely if Martin were replaced this week by a manager you view as competent, we could (based on your statement) easily find ourselves in a play off place

You assume correct.

We have given him 22 players, many who he has personally requested and we are still 15th after finishing 15th last season. The evidence suggests even more players wouldn’t have changed that trajectory.

7 points and a heap of GD to make up in 16 games is extremely unlikely. But again sacking Martin doesn’t mean a competent manager instantly manifests himself that wants to come here, it could take 6/8 weeks for example.

If that’s the case we have the next two months in limbo which could do more damage than him actually being here. He still has the ability to pick up points against the likes of Blackpool I’m sure, so there is no particular rush.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 21:39 - Feb 13 with 587 viewsDr_Parnassus

Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 21:20 - Feb 13 by Jack11

Agree. But not just “some” money either.

More spent in the last 18 months than any other 18 month period outside the Premier League.

This current minority noise is simply a deflecting exercise.

Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 21:52 - Feb 13 with 576 viewsraynor94

I agree with most things you post on here, but I fail to see how you reckon the owners are running the club down.

Martin has been backed, honestly would you trust him with anymore money?

I much prefer the way we are run to say Bristol or Preston, both in big debt.

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 21:53 - Feb 13 with 576 viewsscruffyjack

Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 20:27 - Feb 13 by Dr_Parnassus

Obafemi is a current player, he’s on loan.

We are comparing this squad to another. Obafemi has been part of that squad for pretty much Martins entire tenure, it would be inaccurate to exclude him.

What benefit is the conversation “the squad available for the last 2 games”? We are talking about the squad he has been provided with. He chose to drop Obafemi and send him on loan.

His choice.

Get it in your head please.

Twisting facts to get the result you want won’t wash with me.
[Post edited 13 Feb 2023 20:31]

Obafemi refused to play, don’t try to dress it up any other way. By the way Lowe scored 14 goals that season, Obafemi 3, currently.
Login to get fewer ads

Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 22:00 - Feb 13 with 560 viewsDr_Parnassus

Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 21:53 - Feb 13 by scruffyjack

Obafemi refused to play, don’t try to dress it up any other way. By the way Lowe scored 14 goals that season, Obafemi 3, currently.

He was dropped before it was mutually agreed he wasn’t going to play. Again, Martin has had him as part of this process and this squad for almost his entire tenure, to exclude him is just massaging the facts.

I gave you the overall data of both Oba and Lowe, what their current form is like doesn’t interest me or the discussion.

Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 22:03 - Feb 13 with 558 viewsonehunglow

Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 21:53 - Feb 13 by scruffyjack

If a player actually refuses to play then surely he is breaking the terms of his contract ,effectively going on strike .
If so,he shouldn’t be paid.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 22:09 - Feb 13 with 557 viewsscruffyjack

Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 22:00 - Feb 13 by Dr_Parnassus

He was dropped before it was mutually agreed he wasn’t going to play. Again, Martin has had him as part of this process and this squad for almost his entire tenure, to exclude him is just massaging the facts.

I gave you the overall data of both Oba and Lowe, what their current form is like doesn’t interest me or the discussion.

But he’s not here now, that’s a fact for you, no massage required.
Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 22:17 - Feb 13 with 532 viewsDr_Parnassus

Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 22:09 - Feb 13 by scruffyjack

But he’s not here now, that’s a fact for you, no massage required.

He is a Swansea City player at this very moment.

The manager decided to send him on loan, his choice.

Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 23:06 - Feb 13 with 503 viewsFireboy2

Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 21:52 - Feb 13 by raynor94

I agree with most things you post on here, but I fail to see how you reckon the owners are running the club down.

Imo the club are running us down by giving martin less options regarding players, are they doing it because they do not trust him anymore or because they do not want to spend anymore on players, whatever the answer i believe it means that the club is getting run down because of this.

Has he been backed though?

Why didn't he play the loan players he was given? Was it because they weren't his choices? Was he told to use them but he refused, what would you do in his position?

Btw thanks for your opinion on me rayns 👍
Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 06:28 - Feb 14 with 430 viewspete

if martin has been backed as you say, why is it we have no right back need another striker anda bit of pace you must agree, ? there was on more than 1 window deals done and vetoed by the owners, why employ a C E O ( who says nothing ) a good recruitment guy and then after all their work veto the deal? why dontthey come over have face to face meetings sort out the problems and agree budgets and bugger off out the way and let people who know how to run a club in the uk run it? Martin must carry some of the blame and he has admitted it, for me and a few others i think untill these American , yank , or whatever owners change their spots we are going to struggle next season if Klopp or any top manager would struggle with these owners, Burch new the score thats why he left , im just giving my honest opinion not looking for a fight but being realistic,
Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 06:50 - Feb 14 with 417 viewsDr_Parnassus

Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 06:28 - Feb 14 by pete

if martin has been backed as you say, why is it we have no right back need another striker anda bit of pace you must agree, ? there was on more than 1 window deals done and vetoed by the owners, why employ a C E O ( who says nothing ) a good recruitment guy and then after all their work veto the deal? why dontthey come over have face to face meetings sort out the problems and agree budgets and bugger off out the way and let people who know how to run a club in the uk run it? Martin must carry some of the blame and he has admitted it, for me and a few others i think untill these American , yank , or whatever owners change their spots we are going to struggle next season if Klopp or any top manager would struggle with these owners, Burch new the score thats why he left , im just giving my honest opinion not looking for a fight but being realistic,

Naughton and Sorinola are both right backs, one with Premier League experience, the other brought in by Martin after playing for him previously.

Up front we have Cullen, Piroe and Whittaker with another 7 figure player been sent out on loan because Martin can’t handle him.

Has had 22 players in 18 months.

Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 06:55 - Feb 14 with 419 viewsSTID2017

Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 06:50 - Feb 14 by Dr_Parnassus

Naughton and Sorinola are both right backs, one with Premier League experience, the other brought in by Martin after playing for him previously.

Up front we have Cullen, Piroe and Whittaker with another 7 figure player been sent out on loan because Martin can’t handle him.

No challenge to pete's use of "Yank' then?
Strange that

Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 06:59 - Feb 14 with 412 viewsDr_Parnassus

Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 06:55 - Feb 14 by STID2017

No challenge to pete's use of "Yank' then?
Strange that

I’ve made my position on it clear Mr Troll.

Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 07:10 - Feb 14 with 409 viewsSTID2017

Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 06:59 - Feb 14 by Dr_Parnassus

I’ve made my position on it clear Mr Troll.

I see.
As I thought.
Double standard Mr Hypocrite.
Accused me of xenophobia.
Won't find a more tolerant person than me on the whole board or outside it, son.
Be that race, creed, colour, equality (including with regards to women's rights), disability or sexual preference.

Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 07:16 - Feb 14 with 403 viewsDr_Parnassus

Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 07:10 - Feb 14 by STID2017

I see.
As I thought.
Double standard Mr Hypocrite.
Accused me of xenophobia.
Won't find a more tolerant person than me on the whole board or outside it, son.
Be that race, creed, colour, equality (including with regards to women's rights), disability or sexual preference.

Where is the double standards, I have said nobody should be using these derogatory terms. That means everyone.

You have a history of these types of comments though and it’s becoming a theme.

and your behaviour on here is getting increasingly bizarre, taking someone off ignore in order to follow them around the forum making strange posts and argumentative “points” is just weird.

You must be bored.

Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 07:21 - Feb 14 with 395 viewsSTID2017

Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 07:16 - Feb 14 by Dr_Parnassus

Where is the double standards, I have said nobody should be using these derogatory terms. That means everyone.

You have a history of these types of comments though and it’s becoming a theme.

and your behaviour on here is getting increasingly bizarre, taking someone off ignore in order to follow them around the forum making strange posts and argumentative “points” is just weird.

You must be bored.

So why challenge me and call me racist and not pete then ?
This shows clearly you are just being oppositional to me ( aas you are to certain other posters such as Daps, FB2, Builth and Sirjonalot) and not others.
Challenge the post not the poster is what you should be doing, but you don't
As I said, you are a hypocrite

Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 07:23 - Feb 14 with 388 viewsDr_Parnassus

Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 07:21 - Feb 14 by STID2017

So why challenge me and call me racist and not pete then ?
This shows clearly you are just being oppositional to me ( aas you are to certain other posters such as Daps, FB2, Builth and Sirjonalot) and not others.
Challenge the post not the poster is what you should be doing, but you don't
As I said, you are a hypocrite

Where did I call you racist? Do you have a quote there?

I’ve challenged everyone who uses it by making my stance clear. I’ve explained why I’m not going to be repeating myself every-time someone utters such a thing.

If you are offended by me pulling you up on your repeated slurs, then don’t say them. I don’t, so not sure why you feel the need to.

As I said, troll.

Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 07:24 - Feb 14 with 391 viewspete

Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 06:50 - Feb 14 by Dr_Parnassus

good morning dr,thanks for the reply , first of all Whitterkar is not a striker, as good a player as Naughton was in the day he is not as is the young man Soriola not good enough, and if Swansea want to progress these players need replacing with better quality which in to days market you have to pay for, the 7 fig player you say could not be handled was given a more than fair crack of the whip in my opinion but his proven bad attitude ( southampton) was , so we are told not doing the squad any good and when another club came calling but would not meet Swanseas valuation ( owners again) he threw his toys out of the pram, good riddance but wish him well, if you think the presant squad would get to the play off with ANYONE else in charge sorry you are living in a different world, these owners almost from day one have made mistake after mistake and as i said un less they change things will not improve no matter what you think the facts prove it
I am not going into a long back and fore you have your opinion and i have mine but it is good to talk even if you cannoit see what the owners have and are doing. best wishes
Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 07:30 - Feb 14 with 381 viewsDr_Parnassus

Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 07:24 - Feb 14 by pete

good morning dr,thanks for the reply , first of all Whitterkar is not a striker, as good a player as Naughton was in the day he is not as is the young man Soriola not good enough, and if Swansea want to progress these players need replacing with better quality which in to days market you have to pay for, the 7 fig player you say could not be handled was given a more than fair crack of the whip in my opinion but his proven bad attitude ( southampton) was , so we are told not doing the squad any good and when another club came calling but would not meet Swanseas valuation ( owners again) he threw his toys out of the pram, good riddance but wish him well, if you think the presant squad would get to the play off with ANYONE else in charge sorry you are living in a different world, these owners almost from day one have made mistake after mistake and as i said un less they change things will not improve no matter what you think the facts prove it
I am not going into a long back and fore you have your opinion and i have mine but it is good to talk even if you cannoit see what the owners have and are doing. best wishes

Whittaker is a second striker, essentially the same thing. Someone to play off Piroe or Cullen. There is enough options there, plus they provided Obafemi.

Naughton is a cracking player and Sorinola is Martins pick. We can’t keep complaining we want more players.

Absolutely I think this is a play off standard team, it’s not too dissimilar to the one Cooper got the playoffs with twice.

Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 07:32 - Feb 14 with 384 viewsSTID2017

Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 07:24 - Feb 14 by pete

Excellent post pete.

Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City on 07:32 - Feb 14 with 379 viewsDr_Parnassus

Good post Raynor

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024