Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Haka 17:22 - Mar 2 with 15488 viewsLongsufferingR

My god, just watched the piece on the offy. Can you imagine if Critchley had arranged that?
Haka on 20:57 - Mar 2 with 2568 viewsaston_hoop

A lot of weird judgement of players resting faces which actually show absolutely bugger all. People must think I am a right lazy arrogant bastard because I'm not smiling all the time and don't always stare intently at everything that is happening.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Haka on 21:00 - Mar 2 with 2553 viewsHooparoo

The disinterested expressions pretty much confirmed which players think they’re Billy Big Bollox in the group. Tyler Roberts is completely up himself. Good on Gaz for trying something different. Let’s hope it’s our “Steve Black” moment that turns our season around

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Haka on 21:24 - Mar 2 with 2443 viewsdaveB

Haka on 20:51 - Mar 2 by kropotkin41

As a couple of posters have pointed out, there were some dreadful expressions on players' faces at the start, not even a bloody smile. A lot of them looked like sulky 4th formers. I was relieved and heartened at how it seemed to improve after that.
As someone else said, fair play, try anything to shift the mindset of a lot of the squad now.

Thats a pretty normal reaction though for a group of young men being greeted by this kind of activity, I'd have been looking for the nearest exit
Haka on 21:35 - Mar 2 with 2416 viewskropotkin41

Haka on 21:24 - Mar 2 by daveB

Thats a pretty normal reaction though for a group of young men being greeted by this kind of activity, I'd have been looking for the nearest exit

I reckon you're probably right, I may be judging them somewhat harshly simply because they get paid an absolute f*cking fortune for playing football and quite a few of them haven't been doing anything like their best at work for several months now.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Haka on 21:43 - Mar 2 with 2380 viewsDannyPaddox

Haka on 20:36 - Mar 2 by HAYESBOY

Come to mind........
[Post edited 2 Mar 2023 20:37]

I have it in my mind that that was filmed in the School behind our School End. Could be wrong.
[Post edited 2 Mar 2023 21:45]
Haka on 21:53 - Mar 2 with 2340 viewsozranger

Haka on 20:25 - Mar 2 by WokingR

I want them to introduce this before kick off in place of taking the knee..
It would only take QPR fans seeing it 2 or 3 times to pick it up too and how intimidating would that be for any opposition.

Or, perhaps we could get the fans to do it, like this..

Haka on 21:57 - Mar 2 with 2320 viewsaston_hoop

Haka on 21:53 - Mar 2 by ozranger

Always preferred this one!

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Haka on 22:05 - Mar 2 with 2290 viewsdmm

Haka on 21:53 - Mar 2 by ozranger

Fantastic. What an amazing cultural tradition to have.
Login to get fewer ads

Haka on 22:06 - Mar 2 with 2287 viewsFredManRave

Feels Like Team Spirit!

Think it's a great idea. Absolutely nothing to lose by trying this.

Next week; Waka Waka (This Time for QPR)

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Haka on 22:22 - Mar 2 with 2219 viewsOakR

I liked it! I didn't read anything into the faces, and not sure anyone should bar expert face readers / psychologists, but some of them were quite amusing at the start.

Poll: Will we stay up?

Haka on 22:31 - Mar 2 with 2180 viewsqprxtc

I preferred Peter Hucker.
Haka on 22:31 - Mar 2 with 2181 viewsTripleR

Haka on 21:43 - Mar 2 by DannyPaddox

I have it in my mind that that was filmed in the School behind our School End. Could be wrong.

Was filmed in the Camberra school playground, its on the right hand side going down South Africa Rd towards the stadium. Lots of building work being carried out there at the mo. The school has changed its name now.
Haka on 22:40 - Mar 2 with 2130 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Haka on 20:14 - Mar 2 by dmm

If we win tomorrow... There must be something in the air as you're not the first on here to think tomorrow's Saturday.

Shit. I’ve been waiting for the LSA coach at Target for 15 hours.
Haka on 22:46 - Mar 2 with 2097 viewsDannyPaddox

I’m sold. The way they all went from Kevin the Teenager to mass Haka team bonding was great. We’re gonna beat Rotherham 7-0. But I’m sure I’ve seen that ‘authentic Maori’ before …

ps: I can’t seem to post YouTube anymore … just search for Jeremy Kwee
[Post edited 2 Mar 2023 22:47]
Haka on 23:05 - Mar 2 with 2048 viewsSydneyRs

A few comments on here about players facial expressions at the start and perceptions of arrogance. To me they looked like a group that could do with a bit of a lift and maybe they got it in this session.

I've been in a lot of team building type things and often the initial reaction is to inwardly groan and mutter WTF to yourself. But quite often once you get into it they can turn out to be a really good experience where you get to know others better and bond a bit. I remember one where they gave us one of those tom tom drums each and got different groups playing very simple beats. They then combined us all and it sounded amazing.

I'm definitely a big introvert and often hate the thought of this sort of group activity. But it forces you to engage and afterwards the feeling is generally pretty positive.

Well done to Ainsworth for trying something a bit different. The tweets etc comparing it to David Brent are also amusing though!
[Post edited 3 Mar 2023 2:08]
Haka on 23:42 - Mar 2 with 1976 viewsNorthernr

It's a really good way of figuring out who's having you, who isn't having you, and who could be persuaded. And this was the biggest problem Critchley had.
Haka on 23:43 - Mar 2 with 1960 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Chris Martin is pretty posh, isn't he?
Haka on 23:44 - Mar 2 with 1965 viewsPadulas_Shampoo

Haka on 23:43 - Mar 2 by Wegerles_Stairs

Chris Martin is pretty posh, isn't he?

Big Posh Chris?
Haka on 00:08 - Mar 3 with 1910 viewseastside_r

Haka on 23:42 - Mar 2 by Northernr

It's a really good way of figuring out who's having you, who isn't having you, and who could be persuaded. And this was the biggest problem Critchley had.

I think that you’re right but this type of thing is therefore a gamble, a calculated risk perhaps.
Haka on 00:14 - Mar 3 with 1902 viewsDannyPaddox

Haka on 00:08 - Mar 3 by eastside_r

I think that you’re right but this type of thing is therefore a gamble, a calculated risk perhaps.

A haka-ccumulator
Haka on 00:27 - Mar 3 with 1878 viewsjoe90

Worth a try I suppose?

[Post edited 3 Mar 2023 9:22]
Haka on 00:57 - Mar 3 with 1839 viewsSBR_W6Hoop

Haka on 21:43 - Mar 2 by DannyPaddox

I think that scene was filmed at Canberra Primary, down the other end of SAR
Haka on 01:15 - Mar 3 with 1820 viewsHAYESBOY

Haka on 22:05 - Mar 2 by dmm

Fantastic. What an amazing cultural tradition to have.

I always wanted us to respond to the Haka with the Hokey Kokey........

That would put the frighteners up them.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Haka on 03:46 - Mar 3 with 1703 viewsThe_Beast1976

Haka on 23:42 - Mar 2 by Northernr

Definitely

Big Lyndon looks like he's absolutely fcuking loving it too!!

[Post edited 3 Mar 2023 3:52]
Haka (n/t) on 04:25 - Mar 3 with 1686 viewsgingerranger

[Post edited 3 Mar 2023 6:04]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024