Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Haka 17:22 - Mar 2 with 15496 viewsLongsufferingR

My god, just watched the piece on the offy. Can you imagine if Critchley had arranged that?
Haka on 12:52 - Mar 3 with 2770 viewsHayesender

I remember back in 87, we were top of the league after about 10 games.

QED then came in with a psychologist of some sort, and we didn't win for what seemed like ages.

Hopefully this will have the opposite affect

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Haka on 12:55 - Mar 3 with 2765 viewsLoyalitat

Haka on 12:52 - Mar 3 by Hayesender

I remember back in 87, we were top of the league after about 10 games.

QED then came in with a psychologist of some sort, and we didn't win for what seemed like ages.

Hopefully this will have the opposite affect

Here's hoping too
Haka on 13:03 - Mar 3 with 2731 viewsjoe90

Haka on 10:54 - Mar 3 by BrianMcCarthy

Agreed.

Team bonding works. It's not new and it's probably not even news.

On the excellent episode of Sports Psychology featuring Ainsworth and Dobson kindly recommended on here it's clear that they did the Haka at Wycombe, that it helped togetherness and that it also helped show who the leaders currently were and who were currently reticent.

I'm surprised, though, that they released it to the public, a large section of whom are not currently at their most positive or receptive.

Agree with your point about releasing it to the public.

I would have thought if there was a genuine lack of confidence you'd want to do something like this behind closed doors to allow the players to get into it without the pressure of the cameras.
Haka on 13:34 - Mar 3 with 2650 viewsPunteR

Don't agree that it should have been kept private. We're all in this together.
A bit of accountability from the players wouldn't go amiss. Some haven't been giving a toss on the pitch in front of the fans so why should they have the luxury of not giving a toss behind closed doors too.?

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Haka on 13:44 - Mar 3 with 2629 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Haka on 13:03 - Mar 3 by joe90

Agree with your point about releasing it to the public.

I would have thought if there was a genuine lack of confidence you'd want to do something like this behind closed doors to allow the players to get into it without the pressure of the cameras.

I'm just surprised as it's unusual. I'm not against it, and maybe the thinking was to also create a bonding exercise with the fans? Possibly.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Haka on 14:04 - Mar 3 with 2561 viewsR_from_afar

I just watched it and I think it was a great idea. You lot have already covered 99% of the benefits but I think another is that it is a way of addressing our problems which doesn't rely on repeatedly making points about the specific errors the players are making. It's a bit of light relief from that sort of thing, which, while essential, must be quite demoralising for the players (Lord knows it is for us).

Unity is important for the squad, hopefully, this will help.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Haka on 17:39 - Mar 3 with 2425 viewsSimonJames

I don't think it was arrogance. It looked more like they'd just been Tangoed!

100% of people who drink water will die.

Haka on 17:45 - Mar 3 with 2418 viewsnix

Haka on 13:44 - Mar 3 by BrianMcCarthy

I'm just surprised as it's unusual. I'm not against it, and maybe the thinking was to also create a bonding exercise with the fans? Possibly.

I hope it worked Brian.

It certainly cheered me up after the gloom at the club recently. The players looked a bit WTF at the beginning but it was good to see them actually embracing the idea, if not each other quite yet!
Login to get fewer ads

Haka on 18:18 - Mar 3 with 2340 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Unusual team-bonding exercise, yes, but a worthy alternative to the 'Tuesday club':

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/danny-simpson-man-united-qpr-29361302
Haka on 23:15 - Mar 3 with 2109 viewsHitch

Another loss and some players could be introduced to the Hangi next week.
Haka on 00:16 - Mar 4 with 2037 viewsDannyPaddox

Don’t want to read too much into this but can Clive or anyone do a comprehensive post-haka report with a score out of ten for each squad member … eg: 1/10 - Didn’t stand up. 2/10 - Not fully engaged but did put iPhone down. 3/10 Uncomfortable shuffle. 4/10 - Token jazz hands. 9/10. Eyes bulging. Full tongue protrusion. Extreme ululation. Definitely wants it Saturday.
[Post edited 4 Mar 2023 0:19]
Haka on 00:45 - Mar 4 with 2006 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Haka on 11:27 - Mar 3 by GloryHunter

Lyndon was thinking, "Maybe I should get some face tattoos"!

Great post GloryHunter I enjoyed the laugh.
But Dykes looks like he might be ready to play and Willock and Chair were in shorts too so maybe they are getting back to action.
GA did say the fans would be surprised and happy when they see the team sheet so hoping for the best
Loved the Haka .There is a clip somewhere on Utube where the All Blacks are doing the insane version before playing Ireland.
Ireland have linked arms in a line then start forward into the space between the teams refusing to be intemidated its very powerful .We need this power tomorrow
Haka on 10:32 - Mar 4 with 1789 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Haka on 00:45 - Mar 4 by CLAREMAN1995

Great post GloryHunter I enjoyed the laugh.
But Dykes looks like he might be ready to play and Willock and Chair were in shorts too so maybe they are getting back to action.
GA did say the fans would be surprised and happy when they see the team sheet so hoping for the best
Loved the Haka .There is a clip somewhere on Utube where the All Blacks are doing the insane version before playing Ireland.
Ireland have linked arms in a line then start forward into the space between the teams refusing to be intemidated its very powerful .We need this power tomorrow

The Haka being some mystical source of intimidation in rugby and the media spouting endless nonsense about it and about teams "refusing to be intimidated" makes me chuckle.

I've been to New Zealand. I get it. I loved it. I'd love to go back.
But, let's be honest now, the Haka in rugby should not intimidate any serious team no more than Morris Dancing or Riverdance should. It's just a bunch of lads dancing.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Haka on 11:00 - Mar 4 with 1765 viewsSonofpugwash

Maori war dances.What the actual feck is that going to achieve bar hilarity at ethnic posturing?If someone wheeled on a war chief to inspire me to finish the goddam bathroom I'd resist mightily and go into town for some chips.
Just indicates the level of desperation we're at.

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Haka on 11:19 - Mar 4 with 1747 viewsHarbour

If we lose today I will be Haked off!
Haka on 11:22 - Mar 4 with 1737 viewskropotkin41

Haka on 11:19 - Mar 4 by Harbour

If we lose today I will be Haked off!

Chips with that? Salt? Vinegar?

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Haka on 11:52 - Mar 4 with 1667 viewsbaz_qpr

Haka on 20:42 - Mar 2 by bosh67

https://www.qpr.co.uk/videos/features/building-team-spirit-020323/

For anyone who hasn't seen it. I love this. It's SO QPR at its eccentric beautiful best.

I wonder if they will do the full Haka before kick-off at Rotherham... and then lose 3-1?

I love how the baffled players quickly buy into this.
I love that Sinclair needs glasses to see. No wonder he runs around so much. He can't see where the ball is.
This is the kind of stuff the team needs to bond and believe. It's pretty retro but I love it.
Chris Martin is a really great speaker for the group. Hugely impressed with how well he speaks and carries himself.

We are going to win some games again soon!!!

If we are looking for that extra % then maybe getting Sinclair down the laser eye clinic might be up for consideration, those glasses looked thick....
Haka on 14:22 - Mar 4 with 1507 viewsR_from_afar

Haka on 11:00 - Mar 4 by Sonofpugwash

Maori war dances.What the actual feck is that going to achieve bar hilarity at ethnic posturing?If someone wheeled on a war chief to inspire me to finish the goddam bathroom I'd resist mightily and go into town for some chips.
Just indicates the level of desperation we're at.

It’s something Ainsworth and Dobson have tried before plus there appears to be a lack of solidarity in the squad, with some battling on in spite of knocks and/or upset if they have to leave the pitch and others seemingly happy to sit out game after game. On top of all that, we are on our fourth manager in just over half a season and that must affect cohesion too.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Haka on 17:32 - Mar 4 with 1451 viewsPunteR

Well that worked well then.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Haka on 17:58 - Mar 4 with 1397 viewsDejR_vu

Haka on 10:54 - Mar 3 by BrianMcCarthy

Agreed.

Team bonding works. It's not new and it's probably not even news.

On the excellent episode of Sports Psychology featuring Ainsworth and Dobson kindly recommended on here it's clear that they did the Haka at Wycombe, that it helped togetherness and that it also helped show who the leaders currently were and who were currently reticent.

I'm surprised, though, that they released it to the public, a large section of whom are not currently at their most positive or receptive.

I do think you need a group of people who are open minded on this sort of thing. The danger is, I think, it can have the opposite effect if the players haven't bought into GA.

My concern here is that GA built a team of hardworking, decent players who knew their limits and took what they were doing seriously because they didn't have the luxury of a host of clubs looking at them. They knew if they fvcked up, that would impact their lives for the worse; lads that aren't multi-millionaires, who need to keep their jobs to pay the bills.

This lot have no character. There's plenty who clearly couldn't give a toss because they will be back at their Prem clubs next year. Plenty are very well-paid; £10k a week / £500k a year for someone in their 20s. There's no jeopardy for them is there?

This isn't about bonding. There's way more wrong here than a lack of bonding. "Good players who care" don't go from what we saw early in the season to winning one in 20 and conceding three goals a game.

We just need to hope we somehow get enough points to stay up and and then clear as many of them out as possible. I hope, but won't hold my breath, that clubs look at them, see how they're 'performed' this season and steer well clear. They deserve to have their careers sink like they've sunk this club.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Haka on 18:51 - Mar 4 with 1306 viewsDamo1962

Haka on 17:58 - Mar 4 by DejR_vu

I do think you need a group of people who are open minded on this sort of thing. The danger is, I think, it can have the opposite effect if the players haven't bought into GA.

My concern here is that GA built a team of hardworking, decent players who knew their limits and took what they were doing seriously because they didn't have the luxury of a host of clubs looking at them. They knew if they fvcked up, that would impact their lives for the worse; lads that aren't multi-millionaires, who need to keep their jobs to pay the bills.

This lot have no character. There's plenty who clearly couldn't give a toss because they will be back at their Prem clubs next year. Plenty are very well-paid; £10k a week / £500k a year for someone in their 20s. There's no jeopardy for them is there?

This isn't about bonding. There's way more wrong here than a lack of bonding. "Good players who care" don't go from what we saw early in the season to winning one in 20 and conceding three goals a game.

We just need to hope we somehow get enough points to stay up and and then clear as many of them out as possible. I hope, but won't hold my breath, that clubs look at them, see how they're 'performed' this season and steer well clear. They deserve to have their careers sink like they've sunk this club.

That last bit is my hope too. Personally I found it embarrassing. A Holy Man/Wonan to do an exorcism... might work better 🙄
Haka on 15:39 - Mar 9 with 1093 viewsOrthodox_Hoop

Haka on 18:51 - Mar 4 by Damo1962

That last bit is my hope too. Personally I found it embarrassing. A Holy Man/Wonan to do an exorcism... might work better 🙄

A little birdie tells met the haka has made it onto tonight's Fantasy Football League on Sky. Lovely!

edit - apparently it goes out tomorrow...
[Post edited 9 Mar 2023 15:46]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024