Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dickie is the worst centre half I have seen in a Rangers shirt in years 16:56 - Mar 4 with 14171 viewsswisscottage

At fault for all three goals. Made to look a complete mug by Hugill. It's like he's being deliberately bad.

Dickie is the worst centre half I have seen in a Rangers shirt in years on 10:05 - Mar 5 with 2419 viewsToast_R

Playing three centre backs is necessary now because you just can't trust Dickie and Dunne as a two. Mark Warburton knew it as did Beale hence why he brought in two new ones. Back to basics and clear anything that moves with a lower laying line.
Dickie is the worst centre half I have seen in a Rangers shirt in years on 10:05 - Mar 5 with 2407 viewsgazza1

Dickie is the worst centre half I have seen in a Rangers shirt in years on 22:54 - Mar 4 by ParkRoyalR

Dunne hasn't been hiding during this run, Dickie has,

Dunne hasn't been continually beaten up by his man, Dickie has,

Dunne hasn't twice in the last few games (today + Sunderland 3rd) run past the only man in the box towards the goal-line, showing hims his back, and then watch the ball sail pass him into the net from his man,

Dunne had a few poor moments in possession since Chair's injury but hasn't had too many showing for a pass, including Dickie who turned his back on him twice last week so he couldn't receive the ball,

Dickie + Kakay are a car-crash defensively not Dickie + Dunne,

Just hope Ainsworth goes to a 3 or maybe goes with Field + Dunne as CB's with Dickie as a CDM, whatever, but Dickie + Kakay will concede 3 goals per game if this is not changed.

Dunne may have done what you have said but he has not been playing well either and a lot worse that he did several months ago.....it is not just the players around him - it is Dunne himself.
Dickie is the worst centre half I have seen in a Rangers shirt in years on 10:18 - Mar 5 with 2353 viewsParkRoyalR

Dickie is the worst centre half I have seen in a Rangers shirt in years on 09:48 - Mar 5 by traininvain

If you think Dunne’s been good over the past few months as part of a defence that regularly concedes three goals per game then we have very different standards in terms of what passes as acceptable.

I agree that Dickie and Kakay have been the main culprits over the last few games but Dunne’s also a part of this mess whether you like it or not. He’s too often caught out of position and makes too many mistakes as part of a back two with Dickie. Kakay hasn’t helped the situation.

Now we can place all the blame on Dickie, who incidentally has shown himself to be a good defender last season, and Kakay or we can acknowledge that the current defensive set up is failing miserably and hope that Ainsworth changes it up. I know which option I prefer.

Just look at the 9 goals in the last 3 games, that's a decent sample,

This is not what you or I prefer to suit our favourites this is about what we can see at games live,

This isn't a bad defence per se, it's a defence undermined by basic individual errors repeatedly by Dickie + Kakay, possibly 4 or more each in last 9 goals,

This is a team that has lost its defensive front line (Dykes predominantly + Chair) is now allowing Centre Halves to step into a Midfield with 1 mobile defensive minded Midfielder (Field) and pick a pass to a defence containing Kakay (who is positionally all over the place) and Dickie (who is slow, not physical enough and who's confidence is shot)

Rotherham had very few chances yesterday, but were gifted the 1st goal and a big confidence boost by Kakay + Dickie, these two again arguably combined for the 2nd (harsh on Kakay as thought there was an unlucky ricochet, could be wrong) and Dickie gifted them a 3rd.

This is about individual mistakes not our defensive set up, and a forward line without Dykes and a Midfield containing only 1 defensive minded Midfielder who can both run, tackle and has some fecking desire.

And I love Ossie + agree Dickie was arguably the best Centre Half in the division before his ricket at Bournemouth away last season, which for Dickie, seems a lifetime ago.
Dickie is the worst centre half I have seen in a Rangers shirt in years on 10:40 - Mar 5 with 2305 viewstraininvain

Dickie is the worst centre half I have seen in a Rangers shirt in years on 10:18 - Mar 5 by ParkRoyalR

Just look at the 9 goals in the last 3 games, that's a decent sample,

This is not what you or I prefer to suit our favourites this is about what we can see at games live,

This isn't a bad defence per se, it's a defence undermined by basic individual errors repeatedly by Dickie + Kakay, possibly 4 or more each in last 9 goals,

This is a team that has lost its defensive front line (Dykes predominantly + Chair) is now allowing Centre Halves to step into a Midfield with 1 mobile defensive minded Midfielder (Field) and pick a pass to a defence containing Kakay (who is positionally all over the place) and Dickie (who is slow, not physical enough and who's confidence is shot)

Rotherham had very few chances yesterday, but were gifted the 1st goal and a big confidence boost by Kakay + Dickie, these two again arguably combined for the 2nd (harsh on Kakay as thought there was an unlucky ricochet, could be wrong) and Dickie gifted them a 3rd.

This is about individual mistakes not our defensive set up, and a forward line without Dykes and a Midfield containing only 1 defensive minded Midfielder who can both run, tackle and has some fecking desire.

And I love Ossie + agree Dickie was arguably the best Centre Half in the division before his ricket at Bournemouth away last season, which for Dickie, seems a lifetime ago.

‘This isn’t a bad defence per se’

I’m now convinced we’re watching a different team. It’s one of the worst defences I’ve seen at QPR and that’s saying something.

Like it or not Dunne has been a mainstay in this defence over the last few months and he’s been guilty of mistakes and poor performances. Rewatch his positioning vs Blackburn last weekend (he got a 3/10 in Northern’s match report btw) or his individual performances vs Luton and Burnley at home. And that’s just off the top of my head.

Personally I think a big part of the problem is Dickie and Dunne’s inability to communicate and form an effective partnership. Now maybe that’s all Dickie’s fault but seems unlikely. Either way it’s time to break up the pair and try something different and hopefully we can all agree on this point.
Dickie is the worst centre half I have seen in a Rangers shirt in years on 10:42 - Mar 5 with 2307 viewsQPROslo

Dickie is the worst centre half I have seen in a Rangers shirt in years on 21:30 - Mar 4 by BazzaInTheLoft

Yeah why not.

We need Laird and Paal back for this but something I think we should try when they are.

Yes 5 3 2 would change our defensive set up which is clearly not working with all the injuries to defensive players. Ideally we need some of the injured back, especially Paal as I guess he could play LWB. Laird should be ok at RWB if he were back, but Kakay is also better there than as a RB or CB imo, and Drewe could probably play there too. The 3 CB's are the biggest problem. Unless Balogun or JCS return for next week the best of few good options could be to put Field into the 3 with Dunne and Dickie, even though I recall Field not really doing well back there before. It would also mean somehow covering the hole left in defensive covering midfield, but I don't think we can go on with Dunne and a clearly out of sorts Dickie in a 2, and with Kakay at RB
Dunne seems pretty steady to me and it was good to see him encouraging Tim, Drewe and others yesterday.
Dickie is the worst centre half I have seen in a Rangers shirt in years on 11:04 - Mar 5 with 2252 viewsParkRoyalR

Dickie is the worst centre half I have seen in a Rangers shirt in years on 10:40 - Mar 5 by traininvain

‘This isn’t a bad defence per se’

I’m now convinced we’re watching a different team. It’s one of the worst defences I’ve seen at QPR and that’s saying something.

Like it or not Dunne has been a mainstay in this defence over the last few months and he’s been guilty of mistakes and poor performances. Rewatch his positioning vs Blackburn last weekend (he got a 3/10 in Northern’s match report btw) or his individual performances vs Luton and Burnley at home. And that’s just off the top of my head.

Personally I think a big part of the problem is Dickie and Dunne’s inability to communicate and form an effective partnership. Now maybe that’s all Dickie’s fault but seems unlikely. Either way it’s time to break up the pair and try something different and hopefully we can all agree on this point.

So you disagree on my main point that this is a defence continually undermined by individual mistakes, predominantly by Dickie and Kakay, who were both 4th choices under Beale?

Our current 4 man defence has 4 parts and 2 of these have completely broken down (Dickie & Kakay) but you seem to focus on Dunne,

How could Ainsworth think he could play an inexperienced Drewe alongside Dickie and allow Dickie to mark Hughill yesterday (or more likely Hughill targeted Dicke as knew he was our weakest Centre Half)

I regularly disagree with Northern's ratings (all about opinions - Kakay was given 5 and MOTM in the same game yet predominantly contributed to our loss through poor positioning again) and said too often for sure that Dykes was an integral part of how our team functioned (and was always underscored in Clive's reports imo). I totally disagree on that comment last week about the space between Dickie and Dunne for the Gallagher ricochet header, as believe Dunne was 100% in the right position before the ball ricocheted up and over him.

Regards communication, that is obviously something we can agree on and is 100% a Dickie failing, as Oslo said, Dunne showed leadership yesterday in back-slapping Drewe after an early wobble, getting into the Referee, fronting up to Hughill, while Dickie shuffled around in his usual silence looking at his feet.

This teams in trouble and while many fans are saying Dickie needs to be taken out of the firing line, I'm yet to hear a single fan saying Dunne should be?
Dickie is the worst centre half I have seen in a Rangers shirt in years on 11:44 - Mar 5 with 2210 viewstraininvain

Dickie is the worst centre half I have seen in a Rangers shirt in years on 11:04 - Mar 5 by ParkRoyalR

So you disagree on my main point that this is a defence continually undermined by individual mistakes, predominantly by Dickie and Kakay, who were both 4th choices under Beale?

Our current 4 man defence has 4 parts and 2 of these have completely broken down (Dickie & Kakay) but you seem to focus on Dunne,

How could Ainsworth think he could play an inexperienced Drewe alongside Dickie and allow Dickie to mark Hughill yesterday (or more likely Hughill targeted Dicke as knew he was our weakest Centre Half)

I regularly disagree with Northern's ratings (all about opinions - Kakay was given 5 and MOTM in the same game yet predominantly contributed to our loss through poor positioning again) and said too often for sure that Dykes was an integral part of how our team functioned (and was always underscored in Clive's reports imo). I totally disagree on that comment last week about the space between Dickie and Dunne for the Gallagher ricochet header, as believe Dunne was 100% in the right position before the ball ricocheted up and over him.

Regards communication, that is obviously something we can agree on and is 100% a Dickie failing, as Oslo said, Dunne showed leadership yesterday in back-slapping Drewe after an early wobble, getting into the Referee, fronting up to Hughill, while Dickie shuffled around in his usual silence looking at his feet.

This teams in trouble and while many fans are saying Dickie needs to be taken out of the firing line, I'm yet to hear a single fan saying Dunne should be?

It’s a defence that’s not performing as a cohesive unit hence all of the mistakes. Football is a team game and if Dunne was performing half as well as you suggest then we wouldn’t be conceding three goals a game.

And I’m not focussed on Dunne. My whole point is that the back four isn’t working as a unit but you seem unwilling to entertain this idea and even said ‘it’s not a bad defence per se’ which i can’t get my head around.

Obviously you can disagree with Northern’s ratings and his report but it should be instructive when other people are also pointing out that Dunne’s performance vs Blackburn was poor. Along with the whole defence.

Anyway, I’ll leave it here as life’s too short to be going back and forth when we’re clearly not going to agree.
Dickie is the worst centre half I have seen in a Rangers shirt in years on 12:07 - Mar 5 with 2163 viewsParkRoyalR

Dickie is the worst centre half I have seen in a Rangers shirt in years on 11:44 - Mar 5 by traininvain

It’s a defence that’s not performing as a cohesive unit hence all of the mistakes. Football is a team game and if Dunne was performing half as well as you suggest then we wouldn’t be conceding three goals a game.

And I’m not focussed on Dunne. My whole point is that the back four isn’t working as a unit but you seem unwilling to entertain this idea and even said ‘it’s not a bad defence per se’ which i can’t get my head around.

Obviously you can disagree with Northern’s ratings and his report but it should be instructive when other people are also pointing out that Dunne’s performance vs Blackburn was poor. Along with the whole defence.

Anyway, I’ll leave it here as life’s too short to be going back and forth when we’re clearly not going to agree.

If Dunne's performance versus Blackburn was poor (really?), I am really not sure of words that best describe Dickie and Kakay in both that game, the game before and yesterday.

You think its down to the defensive cohesion, I think its far more down to key individuals not being up to the task in hand (as previous managers identified) made worse by playing these two in a formation that exacerbates their deficiencies.

I'm not sure Baresi and Maldini could cohese and bale out Dickie and Kakay based on their recent performances, let alone Dunne and Paal.

Disagree with Northern's ratings at times, disagree with Dunne being singled out versus Blackburn (on a marginal positional call and a poor back pass from midfield when no-one showed),but can agree that there's not a single Rangers fan who wants Dunne taken out of the team, so we can leave it on something we agree on.

Paal, Laird and either Balogun and Clarke Salter and the woeful positional play stops, getting bullied stops, individual mistakes reduce significantly and suddenly we'll look cohesive again.
Login to get fewer ads

Dickie is the worst centre half I have seen in a Rangers shirt in years on 12:45 - Mar 5 with 2063 viewsgazza1

It is a team game and several of the goals that we have conceded were just not defenders, midfielders and goalkeeper comes into the equation.......Dunne is certainly not playing as well as he was earlier in the season but neither are any of the players be it GK, Defenders,or MidFielders.
Dickie is the worst centre half I have seen in a Rangers shirt in years on 14:06 - Mar 5 with 1956 viewsParkRoyalR

Dickie is the worst centre half I have seen in a Rangers shirt in years on 12:45 - Mar 5 by gazza1

It is a team game and several of the goals that we have conceded were just not defenders, midfielders and goalkeeper comes into the equation.......Dunne is certainly not playing as well as he was earlier in the season but neither are any of the players be it GK, Defenders,or MidFielders.

Totally agree Gazza,

Our team shape, pattern of play and ability to contain teams has collapsed since we've lost our talisman up front,

I hope you've sent him a get well soon / missing you already card!
Dickie is the worst centre half I have seen in a Rangers shirt in years on 14:22 - Mar 5 with 1906 viewsRangersw12

Dickie is the worst centre half I have seen in a Rangers shirt in years on 14:06 - Mar 5 by ParkRoyalR

Totally agree Gazza,

Our team shape, pattern of play and ability to contain teams has collapsed since we've lost our talisman up front,

Our problems started when Dykes was playing though and who can forget him finding it funny that we lost to Fleetwood
Dickie is the worst centre half I have seen in a Rangers shirt in years on 14:24 - Mar 5 with 1905 viewsDorse

Zesh Rehman. Karl Ready. Bob Malcolm. Gus Caesar. Matthew Rose. Steve Morrow.

Things could always be worse. I mean, not much but still.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Dickie is the worst centre half I have seen in a Rangers shirt in years on 14:49 - Mar 5 with 1876 viewsbaz_qpr

Dunne when playing well always has one or two really bad moments per game. Ozzy has done OK going forward but can't head a ball properly and has contributed to at least one goal against a game either through poor positioning, not closing the wide player down or getting easily beat.

Dickie has never looked good in a four.

When I saw the selection yesterday I thought we were starting with a 5 with Albert at left wing back
Dickie is the worst centre half I have seen in a Rangers shirt in years on 15:04 - Mar 5 with 1809 viewsParkRoyalR

Dickie is the worst centre half I have seen in a Rangers shirt in years on 14:22 - Mar 5 by Rangersw12

Our problems started when Dykes was playing though and who can forget him finding it funny that we lost to Fleetwood

Our problems started against Swansea, Reading (A) and Sheffield United you say?

I thought they were 3 good draws and we played much better in those 3 games with Dykes since the subsequent collapse and 5 defeats and a solitary draw.

Still, lets not the facts get in the way.
Dickie is the worst centre half I have seen in a Rangers shirt in years on 15:07 - Mar 5 with 1794 viewsessextaxiboy

Dickie is the worst centre half I have seen in a Rangers shirt in years on 18:57 - Mar 4 by BazzaInTheLoft

Dickie was terrible at his day job today (defending) but his night work (getting forward and playing the ball) was quite good.

Not sure the title of this thread is fair or reasoned.
[Post edited 4 Mar 2023 18:58]

Bob Malcolm and Arthur Gnohere spring to mind ..
Dickie is the worst centre half I have seen in a Rangers shirt in years on 17:25 - Mar 5 with 1651 viewsderbyhoop

Dickie is the worst centre half I have seen in a Rangers shirt in years on 11:04 - Mar 5 by ParkRoyalR

Para 3
And the alternatives were ....?

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Dickie is the worst centre half I have seen in a Rangers shirt in years on 18:07 - Mar 5 with 1553 viewsPinnerPaul

Dickie is the worst centre half I have seen in a Rangers shirt in years on 15:07 - Mar 5 by essextaxiboy

Bob Malcolm and Arthur Gnohere spring to mind ..

For older readers Ron Abbot and Ernie Howe
Dickie is the worst centre half I have seen in a Rangers shirt in years on 18:36 - Mar 5 with 1506 viewsGaxZE

Dickie is the worst centre half I have seen in a Rangers shirt in years on 18:33 - Mar 4 by Ned_Kennedys

Gareth needs to make some big decisions to attempt to sort the defence out and stop us leaking three goals every game.

Dickie/Dunne is a terrible partnership: replace Dickie with Gubbins assuming the sick notes continue to be unavailable or switch to a back five.

Continuing with the current two hasn’t worked all season and will not get any better.

At this rate, if we must play a back four its:

Drewe/Laird Kakay/Gubbins Dunne Paal
Dickie is the worst centre half I have seen in a Rangers shirt in years on 18:38 - Mar 5 with 1501 viewsNorthernr

Dickie is the worst centre half I have seen in a Rangers shirt in years on 17:25 - Mar 5 by derbyhoop

Para 3
And the alternatives were ....?

Perhaps the back 3 the squad is built to play? Kakay with D and D, let Drewe play a bit further forward out of harm’s way…
Dickie is the worst centre half I have seen in a Rangers shirt in years on 19:53 - Mar 5 with 1412 viewsOldPedro

Dickie is the worst centre half I have seen in a Rangers shirt in years on 18:36 - Mar 5 by GaxZE

At this rate, if we must play a back four its:

Drewe/Laird Kakay/Gubbins Dunne Paal

That might work - if we include all 6 players

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Dickie is the worst centre half I have seen in a Rangers shirt in years on 20:26 - Mar 5 with 1367 viewsgazza1

Dickie is the worst centre half I have seen in a Rangers shirt in years on 14:06 - Mar 5 by ParkRoyalR

Totally agree Gazza,

I think LD is not a good CF but, sadly, he is the best we have. Martin is doing OKish and Lowe is struggling.

Card on its way - thanks for reminding me
Dickie is the worst centre half I have seen in a Rangers shirt in years on 23:31 - Mar 5 with 1269 viewsloftboy

For the defence (excuse the pun) Gus Ceasar

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Dickie is the worst centre half I have seen in a Rangers shirt in years on 00:55 - Mar 6 with 1208 viewsJigsore

Regarding CBs. It is clownish that we offloaded Jordy De Wijs because he was never fit, only to bring in Balogun and Clarke-Salter - almost certainly on more wages - who are never fit.

I don't know if Dickie is at the point of no return. It does feel a bit like Josh Scowen though, a player who can obviously be effective and has useful attributes but his race with us may be run.

He'll probably go to Bristol City and p*ss the league

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Dickie is the worst centre half I have seen in a Rangers shirt in years on 08:14 - Mar 6 with 1101 viewsnumptydumpty

Dickie is the worst centre half I have seen in a Rangers shirt in years on 14:24 - Mar 5 by Dorse

Zesh Rehman. Karl Ready. Bob Malcolm. Gus Caesar. Matthew Rose. Steve Morrow.

Things could always be worse. I mean, not much but still.

Joel Lynch, he was good.

Especially when he played up front when Holloway had some of his "mad" moments !!!

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024