Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Slavia Prague v QPR 13:36 - Jul 8 with 25272 viewsHooping_Mad

Just £5 on recast.

This season could be the very definition of madness.

From the preseason vid's I'm not sure how we think that figure is reasonable, especially on that platform.

Edit: 4pm Kick off I think.
[Post edited 8 Jul 2023 13:36]

Chairman of the Junior Hoilett appreciation society

Slavia Prague v QPR on 19:31 - Jul 8 with 3752 viewsRangersw12

Just seen the result , great start to pre season 👀
[Post edited 8 Jul 2023 19:32]
Slavia Prague v QPR on 19:32 - Jul 8 with 3751 viewsdaveB

Slavia Prague v QPR on 18:48 - Jul 8 by stainrods_elbow

Perhaps you could explain, above and beyond FFS, FFP or whatever the tedious acronym is, why the data shows QPR don't (i) make money from player sales and (ii) don't spend money either? In other words, why we're falling behind just about everyone.

https://www.football365.com/news/norwich-city-sunderland-rank-highly-championshi
[Post edited 8 Jul 2023 18:49]

I k ow what you mean but we did make a sizeable profit on free transfer dieng today
Slavia Prague v QPR on 19:46 - Jul 8 with 3600 viewsBushRanger82

Slavia Prague v QPR on 18:36 - Jul 8 by Antti_Heinola

I don't know how many more times people can explain on this board why they have to do that and it's not a choice. I'm not being funny, but what part of it don't you understand?

Oh, I've seen the excuses, alright.
Slavia Prague v QPR on 20:00 - Jul 8 with 3500 viewshantssi

Slavia Prague v QPR on 18:22 - Jul 8 by BushRanger82

We don't have much of a squad, do we?

And we won't as long as our board of billionaires and millionaires keep going to the food bank, rather than Sainsbury's, to do their shopping.

After all this time and countless explanations do you still not understand FFP or P&S?!
It really doesn’t matter how rich they are, we could be owned by Musk, Bezos and the Saudi PIF and we STILL couldn’t spend anymore!
Slavia Prague v QPR on 20:19 - Jul 8 with 3404 viewsqpr1976

Slavia Prague v QPR on 18:22 - Jul 8 by BushRanger82

We don't have much of a squad, do we?

And we won't as long as our board of billionaires and millionaires keep going to the food bank, rather than Sainsbury's, to do their shopping.

Have you heard of FFP ?
I used to like Jerry Lewis though.
Slavia Prague v QPR on 20:53 - Jul 8 with 3186 viewsDejR_vu

Slavia Prague v QPR on 19:26 - Jul 8 by derbyhoop

Income is considerably less than outgoings.
That's the simple explanation.

because the club is incapable of producing enough players to sell and maximising the value of those that are sold.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Slavia Prague v QPR on 20:55 - Jul 8 with 3159 viewsnumptydumpty

Well that was a complete non event.

I went to watch us under Warburton in friendly before season, couple of years ago and we went from 1 nil down to 4 - 1 up in the second half.

Was fabulous and goals were fantastic and Utd had at least six first team regulars.

Hey ho.

Listening to Sinclair Armstrong talking in a defeatist way that the division is so much stronger this season and already wanting swap shirts with Vardy by way of hero worship.

We clearly already have a very low opinion of the possibilities of this squad.

I think Ainsworth style is to suggest if we can finish outside of the bottom six, we are massively overachieving.

I kind of agree but the last thing I would wish is the players already looking at the league in such a way !!!!

Kiddology does sometimes work !!!

And Chair being pissed off with Ainsworth not playing Sinclair when he is fit and saying it's ridiculous he is 20 years old. He doesn't need managing that much and the way Chair was chatting he is on his way I feel.
Significantly played in first half wiith the also runs, Field and Dunne excepting.
[Post edited 8 Jul 2023 20:58]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Slavia Prague v QPR on 21:19 - Jul 8 with 3021 viewsdistortR

Slavia Prague v QPR on 20:55 - Jul 8 by numptydumpty

Well that was a complete non event.

I went to watch us under Warburton in friendly before season, couple of years ago and we went from 1 nil down to 4 - 1 up in the second half.

Was fabulous and goals were fantastic and Utd had at least six first team regulars.

Hey ho.

Listening to Sinclair Armstrong talking in a defeatist way that the division is so much stronger this season and already wanting swap shirts with Vardy by way of hero worship.

We clearly already have a very low opinion of the possibilities of this squad.

I think Ainsworth style is to suggest if we can finish outside of the bottom six, we are massively overachieving.

I kind of agree but the last thing I would wish is the players already looking at the league in such a way !!!!

Kiddology does sometimes work !!!

And Chair being pissed off with Ainsworth not playing Sinclair when he is fit and saying it's ridiculous he is 20 years old. He doesn't need managing that much and the way Chair was chatting he is on his way I feel.
Significantly played in first half wiith the also runs, Field and Dunne excepting.
[Post edited 8 Jul 2023 20:58]

Tbh I thought Chair was throwing some banter Sinclairs way, as Smyth was doing earlier.
Login to get fewer ads

Slavia Prague v QPR on 21:27 - Jul 8 with 2982 viewslave16

Slavia Prague v QPR on 21:19 - Jul 8 by distortR

Tbh I thought Chair was throwing some banter Sinclairs way, as Smyth was doing earlier.

Tbh realistically not being relagated is the aim. If keeper crap now we have more time to sort it - better being shocking now that brilliant in preseason and nightmare after all the deals are done. Also when I looked at the team sheet it looked more like someone had been playing Scrabble blocked than players I knew. Ooh well onwards and upwards

Poll: Are we gonna make the play offs?

Slavia Prague v QPR on 07:29 - Jul 9 with 2425 viewsBushRanger82

Slavia Prague v QPR on 20:19 - Jul 8 by qpr1976

Have you heard of FFP ?
I used to like Jerry Lewis though.

Well, of course I've heard of FFP, but the modern fetish for nannying almost every aspect of one's life, doesn't alter the fact that a football club like ours, once heading so far in the right direction, but now so off the beaten track, as to be a galaxy away from the likes of bloody Newcastle now, with billionaires and multi-millionaires in the boardroom, the richest boardroom in the club's history, acting like it is no bigger, and certainly no better, than somebody like fecking Fleetwood, is anathema to me. Always will be. And if I was a billionaire owner of QPR, nobody, but nobody, would tell me how much I could spend trying to lift this club up by it's boot straps.
Can't anybody for the life of them see, that if this absurd state of affairs carries on as it has done for the last bloody decade, we will eventually drop through the divisions and possibly end up non-league?
It is a farking ludicrous situation.
Just look at the farking squad we have today, the most piss-poor I have personally seen in over 50 years of supporting this club.
It is with great trepidation, I look forward to next season. If we drop down a division, and we still act like Oliver farking Twist, that's it, our fate will be well and truly sealed.
Phew!!! Great to get that off my chest!
Slavia Prague v QPR on 08:28 - Jul 9 with 2275 viewsdmm

Slavia Prague v QPR on 07:29 - Jul 9 by BushRanger82

Well, of course I've heard of FFP, but the modern fetish for nannying almost every aspect of one's life, doesn't alter the fact that a football club like ours, once heading so far in the right direction, but now so off the beaten track, as to be a galaxy away from the likes of bloody Newcastle now, with billionaires and multi-millionaires in the boardroom, the richest boardroom in the club's history, acting like it is no bigger, and certainly no better, than somebody like fecking Fleetwood, is anathema to me. Always will be. And if I was a billionaire owner of QPR, nobody, but nobody, would tell me how much I could spend trying to lift this club up by it's boot straps.
Can't anybody for the life of them see, that if this absurd state of affairs carries on as it has done for the last bloody decade, we will eventually drop through the divisions and possibly end up non-league?
Just look at the farking squad we have today, the most piss-poor I have personally seen in over 50 years of supporting this club.
It is with great trepidation, I look forward to next season. If we drop down a division, and we still act like Oliver farking Twist, that's it, our fate will be well and truly sealed.

I expect Dai Yongge, the billionaire owner of Reading, thought no one could tell him how much he could spend too.
Slavia Prague v QPR on 08:35 - Jul 9 with 2237 viewsconnell10

Why don't they just scrap FFP and just say that a owner can spend as much of their own money on a club , BUT when said owner leaves the club they have to pay off any debt incurred under their reign. Thus leaving the football club debt free.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Slavia Prague v QPR on 08:42 - Jul 9 with 2204 viewsjohnhoop

Slavia Prague v QPR on 08:35 - Jul 9 by connell10

Why don't they just scrap FFP and just say that a owner can spend as much of their own money on a club , BUT when said owner leaves the club they have to pay off any debt incurred under their reign. Thus leaving the football club debt free.

Completely agree with this Connell. The trouble is, that as I understand it, our owners have actually agreed to and voted for this financial straitjacket that is slowly strangling the life out of our club.
Slavia Prague v QPR on 09:05 - Jul 9 with 2122 viewsGloucs_R

Slavia Prague v QPR on 08:42 - Jul 9 by johnhoop

Completely agree with this Connell. The trouble is, that as I understand it, our owners have actually agreed to and voted for this financial straitjacket that is slowly strangling the life out of our club.

Or, why don't the owners actually buy the land and build a new stadium like they promised to 10 years ago. This will increase revenue and therefore give us a larger playing budget.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Slavia Prague v QPR on 09:51 - Jul 9 with 1990 viewsE15Hoop

Slavia Prague v QPR on 09:05 - Jul 9 by Gloucs_R

Or, why don't the owners actually buy the land and build a new stadium like they promised to 10 years ago. This will increase revenue and therefore give us a larger playing budget.

Wasn't that that original plan, if i remember rightly, which is then how the whole discussions with Hammersmith and Fulham started which led to heated discussions about not being able to build on LR, the whole Oad Oak fiasco etc.?

The decision was then made to prioritise the training ground in the belief that this would be more likely to attract quality players, given that heston is ehre they're going to be spending tha majority of their time.
Slavia Prague v QPR on 09:54 - Jul 9 with 1976 viewsDejR_vu

Slavia Prague v QPR on 08:35 - Jul 9 by connell10

Because it’s working very well as it is for the ‘haves’, and it provides a convenient excuse for the ‘have nots’ who would be cr@p regardless of how much they spend (we’re living proof).

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Slavia Prague v QPR on 10:10 - Jul 9 with 1907 viewseastside_r

Back on topic, I thought we were overall pretty crap but marginally better second half. I am not going to read too much into our first pre-season friendly against a team who start their campaign imminently and are therefore much further ahead in their team development.

But as an aside, I thought Willock’s body language/ demeanour was terrible.
Slavia Prague v QPR on 12:02 - Jul 9 with 1697 viewsstainrods_elbow

Slavia Prague v QPR on 19:26 - Jul 8 by derbyhoop

Income is considerably less than outgoings.
That's the simple explanation.

It's not 'simple' - that's my point.

You could start by considering how we just don't develop players any more depsite having more people on staff, for much longer, than most clubs, let alone sell them at a profit. The we could get onto the culture of sloppiness, inferiority, complacency and defeatism at QPR and, here's a thought, stand up and challenge it.

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Slavia Prague v QPR on 12:03 - Jul 9 with 1703 viewsE15Hoop

Slavia Prague v QPR on 10:10 - Jul 9 by eastside_r

Back on topic, I thought we were overall pretty crap but marginally better second half. I am not going to read too much into our first pre-season friendly against a team who start their campaign imminently and are therefore much further ahead in their team development.

But as an aside, I thought Willock’s body language/ demeanour was terrible.

I didn't pick up on that, Eastside. although to be fair I did only see the second half.
I thought he made a few decent runs and payed some nice balls that no-one really took advantage of. There was, though, a bit of unecesaary moaning at the ref.
Thought Richards looked bright and hungry as well.
Slavia Prague v QPR on 12:28 - Jul 9 with 1642 viewsQPROslo

Slavia Prague v QPR on 12:03 - Jul 9 by E15Hoop

I didn't pick up on that, Eastside. although to be fair I did only see the second half.
I thought he made a few decent runs and payed some nice balls that no-one really took advantage of. There was, though, a bit of unecesaary moaning at the ref.
Thought Richards looked bright and hungry as well.

Willock didn't play 1st half but I also thought he and Richard's, occasionally, looked a cut above our other more offensive players. He scored a decent looking goal from a nice ball from Paal I think through their defense at the start of the half disallowed for offside, a very marginal call according to Gareth. Don't know why he moaned so much and blocked a FK for Slavia to get himself a yellow card either.
[Post edited 9 Jul 2023 12:30]
Slavia Prague v QPR on 13:10 - Jul 9 with 1532 viewsBrianWilson

Slavia Prague v QPR on 12:28 - Jul 9 by QPROslo

Willock didn't play 1st half but I also thought he and Richard's, occasionally, looked a cut above our other more offensive players. He scored a decent looking goal from a nice ball from Paal I think through their defense at the start of the half disallowed for offside, a very marginal call according to Gareth. Don't know why he moaned so much and blocked a FK for Slavia to get himself a yellow card either.
[Post edited 9 Jul 2023 12:30]

Pedder, SDM and Kargbo didn't look up to the standard BUT......first game so will be keen to see how they do in next few games.

"a diseased bunch of mofos if there ever was one, their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons." - Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

Slavia Prague v QPR on 13:48 - Jul 9 with 1436 viewsQPROslo

Slavia Prague v QPR on 13:10 - Jul 9 by BrianWilson

Pedder, SDM and Kargbo didn't look up to the standard BUT......first game so will be keen to see how they do in next few games.

From what I saw I thought Pedder looked the most likely of the young players from last seasons Development/out on loan group. I didn't see much from either Kelman or Dixon-Bonner but to be fair though the stream was good quality there was little close-in focus from the camera so maybe good or bad play went unnoticed by me anyway.
Slavia Prague v QPR on 13:49 - Jul 9 with 1429 viewsHooping_Mad

Richards rode the challenges better than the development guys. Looks strong enough to cut it.

Chairman of the Junior Hoilett appreciation society

Slavia Prague v QPR on 13:55 - Jul 9 with 1411 viewsAntti_Heinola

Slavia Prague v QPR on 07:29 - Jul 9 by BushRanger82

I mean, I have sympathy for your frustration, believe me. I'm not sure how it's 'nannying' - the rules were brought in, supported by clubs, to make the playing field more level. For various reasons, that hasn't worked (and it should be reformed at least), but the whole reason it was brought in was because fans were fed up of Chelsea and their ilk just buying success.
They simply are not allowed to do what you say. There are loads of things we can criticise them for - and do - but not spending enough is really not one of them.

Bare bones.

Slavia Prague v QPR on 14:02 - Jul 9 with 1375 viewsLogman

Duke-McKenna, Bonner Dixon and Pedder were totally innocuous in the 1st half. They just bounced off the Prague players. The prague players had them completely in their pockets. Kargbo won a few good headers - he didn't look intimidated by the task which was encouraging.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024