Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ebbsfleet United (H) - Match Thread 12:21 - Aug 3 with 24510 viewsHullDale

Ebbsfleet United (H) - Match Thread on 18:33 - Aug 5 with 3835 viewsPorlicks

Can we call it a day now? We obviously aren't competitive at this level. It's just embarrassing to the town. Some housing would actualy be socially benificial in spotland

Who are YOU with?

Ebbsfleet United (H) - Match Thread on 18:33 - Aug 5 with 3829 viewsDaleFan7

Very much a case of deja vu. Had most of the play but not made the most of it. They've had 4 shots on target to our 0. Our shooting has been attrocious. I think the game is ripe for Hendo.

The gap between their centre backs has been enormous. We need to take advantage of it.
Ebbsfleet United (H) - Match Thread on 18:37 - Aug 5 with 3769 viewsdawlishdale

Pretty poor first half with us looking very rusty when faced with a shooting chance...either rushing it or just poor technique .Looked like we should have had a penalty early on for a foul by their keeper; backed up by the tv replays. Having said that, some nervy moments in defence especially for Cameron John, who made a complete hash of a no pressure pass that they should have scored from. He looks nervous on the ball.

Classic Dale...concede from a set piece. 2 days after Jim told us we had been working on defending them, and would be much better !!

Mitchell unlucky just before half time, but all apart from Sinclair look sluggish going forward. Perhaps Hendo will add a bit of class if he comes on.

Here's hoping for better in the second half.
Ebbsfleet United (H) - Match Thread on 18:57 - Aug 5 with 3610 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Clayton is doing well ....but we need to be a bit more urgent.
Ebbsfleet United (H) - Match Thread on 19:10 - Aug 5 with 3502 viewsThreeLions

Should be well out of sight in this match now but alas can't find the bloody target
Ebbsfleet United (H) - Match Thread on 19:38 - Aug 5 with 3231 viewsSaxonDale

We worked hard and should’ve done much better with the chances and decision-making. Lack of squad depth shouldn’t be on show after the first game though.
Ebbsfleet United (H) - Match Thread on 19:38 - Aug 5 with 3226 viewsMasher

Ebbsfleet United (H) - Match Thread on 18:10 - Aug 5 by ThreeLions

Get that John off the pitch. Bloody useless. Multiple mistakes and watch the ball go in the net

Hes not the only one either. theres one or two in the back line that are bloody useless

Up The Dale!!

Ebbsfleet United (H) - Match Thread on 19:45 - Aug 5 with 3130 viewsDaley_Lama

Dave was most definitely in The Nags Head today.

Poll: DF in or out

Login to get fewer ads

Ebbsfleet United (H) - Match Thread on 19:51 - Aug 5 with 3057 viewsisitme

We worked hard, huffed and puffed but couldn't blow the house down and if you don't score you are susceptible to goals from set pieces, however freaky.

Clayton and Gilmour looked decent as a pair but our front four did not create enough. Nevett had an assured debut and his distribution was impressive.
Ebbsfleet United (H) - Match Thread on 20:00 - Aug 5 with 2926 viewsNigelWatson

Ebbsfleet United (H) - Match Thread on 17:22 - Aug 5 by Dalenet

I said it saddens me. What more do you want. It saddens me enormously that in a week we are being asked to approve a loan from directors we can't be bothered to open the ticket office on time on the first day of the season. I was trying to be helpful in suggesting they print tickets.

It's almost like the people running the club want it to fail.
Ebbsfleet United (H) - Match Thread on 20:02 - Aug 5 with 2887 viewsShun

Ebbsfleet United (H) - Match Thread on 19:51 - Aug 5 by isitme

We worked hard, huffed and puffed but couldn't blow the house down and if you don't score you are susceptible to goals from set pieces, however freaky.

Clayton and Gilmour looked decent as a pair but our front four did not create enough. Nevett had an assured debut and his distribution was impressive.

I thought we actually created plenty. We had a hatful of chances but never looked like scoring any of them (barring a couple of scrambles cleared off the line and one that hit the bar). If Rodney and Mitchell had their shooting boots on we could’ve easily won 4-1. The pair seemed to have a nice partnership, although both had the first touch of a camel and the finishing of a blind camel.

I’m still fairly positive after that. The defence looks quite assured. Keohane had a better game that at any point last year. Nevett looks very classy and will only get better when he nips out the odd bit of naïvety.
[Post edited 5 Aug 2023 20:53]
Ebbsfleet United (H) - Match Thread on 20:21 - Aug 5 with 2683 viewsTrev

Trying to draw a line under the last few seasons and take the game on face value. Clayton was MOM by a mile and I think he could be a key player for us; I don't actually think anybody had a poor game. As Jim has said, we are 3 or 4 players away from being ready, I think we lacked quality on the bench to come on and make an impact. We are going to have to be patient and let the players gel as a unit. All that said, on another day I think we'd have won comfortably, a clear penalty not awarded and some good chances squandered.
Ebbsfleet United (H) - Match Thread on 20:26 - Aug 5 with 2640 viewsNewbury_Dale

Ebbsfleet are a well coached team with a fairly settled squad. We're not there yet and I think we need to be patient.

Centre Midfield is a concern for me though, with the limited options. Gilmour and Clayton did alright, but they're quite similar players in that they want to collect the ball in deep positions and dictate play from there. There was nobody really getting in advanced positions and linking midfield with attack.

Nevett a revelation for 17 years old. Very composed, and has a footballing brain.
Ebbsfleet United (H) - Match Thread on 20:29 - Aug 5 with 2611 views442Dale

Ebbsfleet United (H) - Match Thread on 20:26 - Aug 5 by Newbury_Dale

Ebbsfleet are a well coached team with a fairly settled squad. We're not there yet and I think we need to be patient.

Centre Midfield is a concern for me though, with the limited options. Gilmour and Clayton did alright, but they're quite similar players in that they want to collect the ball in deep positions and dictate play from there. There was nobody really getting in advanced positions and linking midfield with attack.

Nevett a revelation for 17 years old. Very composed, and has a footballing brain.

The best thing about Nevett was how quickly he learnt from his mistakes. There was a ball played into the channel in the first half that he read too late and their forward got in behind him, then later in the half a similar situation arose and he’d ensured his positioning was better to deal with it before a problem could even arise.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Ebbsfleet United (H) - Match Thread on 20:38 - Aug 5 with 2540 viewsdawlishdale

Nevitt was my man of the match. Excellent debut from one so young. Agree that Gilmour and Clayton look promising but very similar.
Thought we looked weak at left and right back. That is where I'd be looking to strengthen.

Overall, had we brought our shooting boots with us, we would have won quite comfortably, but there's plenty of work needed to make us competitive at this level. Sinclair and Rodney could both have had a goal with a little composure; whilst the tv pundit could hardly believe that Keohane missed the target with his late header.

As for Ebbsfleet; thought they did the basics quite well, and caused us a few problems defensively. They were also missing their two leading goal scorers from last season, which you would think would strengthen them.
Ebbsfleet United (H) - Match Thread on 20:40 - Aug 5 with 2512 viewsIOMDale

Result aside, I actually quite enjoyed that. There’s a clear style that we’re attempting to play and though we lost possession in dangerous areas a couple of times, it never felt like passing for passing’s sake; we actually looked most dangerous when going relatively direct. Rodney’s knockdown to Mitchell when he hit the bar being the best example.

I hadn’t yet seen any of Nevett but what an assured performance for a 17 year old; couldn’t believe how comfortable he was with the ball at his feet. Clayton was superb, constantly made himself available and kept the ball moving.

Big off day for Rodney given he had a couple of really good chances but I’m confident that he’ll score more often than he misses.

As others have said, you could tell Ebbsfleet had come off the back off a hugely successful season but give it another month or so and I’m sure as the squad gels, we’ll start to see positive results.

UTDNFS

Ebbsfleet United (H) - Match Thread on 20:47 - Aug 5 with 2439 viewsDickydaler

Ebbsfleet United (H) - Match Thread on 20:02 - Aug 5 by Shun

I thought we actually created plenty. We had a hatful of chances but never looked like scoring any of them (barring a couple of scrambles cleared off the line and one that hit the bar). If Rodney and Mitchell had their shooting boots on we could’ve easily won 4-1. The pair seemed to have a nice partnership, although both had the first touch of a camel and the finishing of a blind camel.

I’m still fairly positive after that. The defence looks quite assured. Keohane had a better game that at any point last year. Nevett looks very classy and will only get better when he nips out the odd bit of naïvety.
[Post edited 5 Aug 2023 20:53]

Thank goodness for your comments, Shun. I was beginning to think I was at a different match than some of the usual moaners.
Ebbsfleet United (H) - Match Thread on 20:58 - Aug 5 with 2338 viewsrich_dale

We've been done by those sort of teams many times - hardworking, organised, dangerous set piece deliveries. We played most of the football and dominated the game really but were too anxious in the final third. For a team that's transitional versus a team that got 100 points and 100 goals last season it was fairly encouraging - although they were missing a couple of their forwards. Clayton and Nevett looked class and there's the making of a decent side there - once we get our first goal and win we can settle and pick up points. Only criticism today was that Hendo when brought on was too deep - we needed a goal and didn't play our record scorer between the posts where he needs to be. Also would like to see Taylor and the new full back given a chance. But we'll play worse and win in this league. Their goal was a freakish finish as well.
Ebbsfleet United (H) - Match Thread on 21:14 - Aug 5 with 2207 viewsJames1980

Considering there were no lengthy stoppages I'd be interested to know where 14 minutes of time added on came from.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Ebbsfleet United (H) - Match Thread on 21:18 - Aug 5 with 2183 viewsjonahwhereru

It was never going to be our day when their right back flicks a corner on path that no one could ever get to.
Nobody has mentioned how the front players pressed the opposition. We were dreadful at that in the last two years. Credit to Mitchell, Rodney and Sinclair for that.
Liked Clayton a lot, not so sure about Harvey yet. SAJ, was better than at anytime last year. Nevett is really promising on the ball, nice distribution but naturally needs to strengthen a bit more to physical it out with opposition forwards.
Ebbsfleet needed to win ugly as we dominated the second half.
Tidy up on some sloppy passing in the wrong areas and get a couple of goals and I think I could enjoy it at this level.
UTD
Ebbsfleet United (H) - Match Thread on 21:21 - Aug 5 with 2165 viewsdingdangblue

Ebbsfleet United (H) - Match Thread on 21:14 - Aug 5 by James1980

Considering there were no lengthy stoppages I'd be interested to know where 14 minutes of time added on came from.

Timewasting, goal celebrations and ball out of play is being encouraged to be added on now. Will be interesting if there are any 4-3 games and a couple of injuries - could see 15-20 mins added!

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Ebbsfleet United (H) - Match Thread on 21:23 - Aug 5 with 2155 viewsEllDale

To put it into perspective I’m glad I’m not a follower of the likes of Wrexham, Notts County or Oldham tonight. Or even Stockport and Bradford City for that matter.
Looking at the Ebbsfleet squad before the game I realised how they spend so much on wages; it’s packed with experienced EFL players and so was never going to be easy.
Despite the disappointment I thought there were plenty of positives.
We look to have a gem of a goalkeeper in Moulden.
SAJ had his best game in 12 months and looked a lot fitter. So close to scoring as well.
Clayton and Gilmour did exactly what they they signed to do. Neat and tidy, compact.
On another day Rodney and Mitchell score with the chances they had. How the former stumbled and miskicked when he had a clear run on goal in the first half I’ll never know.
Was it a penalty when he tangled with the goalkeeper?
It certainly looked to be a penalty when Nevett nearly had the shirt pulled from his back in the penalty area late on.
What a composed debut from the young man. Is it too much to say that he looked as assured as Craig Dawson did at the same age? He only got caught out once, in the first half, and Keohane pulled off a classy piece of last ditch defending to rescue the situation.
Cameron John is still an enigma. Does he have the confidence going forward to play at leftback? He looked in certain times but pulled off a real tackle to rescue a dangerous situation in the first half and got in the way of a goal bound shot on the line later on.
I thought the game passed Afuye by in the first half but he looked better when he swapped wings with Sinclair at halftime. I’m not sure what Hendo’s role was when he replaced him. Perhaps another wide player is needed and leave Afuye as an impact player whilst he adapts.
All in all I found it encouraging. There is a definite pattern of play but the squad is definitely paper thin.
[Post edited 5 Aug 2023 21:30]
Ebbsfleet United (H) - Match Thread on 21:25 - Aug 5 with 2134 views442Dale

Ebbsfleet United (H) - Match Thread on 21:21 - Aug 5 by dingdangblue

Timewasting, goal celebrations and ball out of play is being encouraged to be added on now. Will be interesting if there are any 4-3 games and a couple of injuries - could see 15-20 mins added!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/66335147

Think we’ll have to get used to games finishing after 5pm.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Ebbsfleet United (H) - Match Thread on 21:26 - Aug 5 with 2131 viewsJames1980

Ebbsfleet United (H) - Match Thread on 21:21 - Aug 5 by dingdangblue

Cheers I thought it was probably something like that.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Ebbsfleet United (H) - Match Thread on 21:28 - Aug 5 with 2120 viewsBillyRudd

Ebbsfleet United (H) - Match Thread on 16:19 - Aug 5 by bluevein64

Dalenet - unless your some kind of wind up merchant, in which case well done I've taken the bait, your sarcastic comments are in my opinion unnecessary, you've totally missed the point, the customer chose to attend the ticket office in person, maybe he doesn't have a printer, I don't know, the fact of the matter is that the ticket office was closed when it should have been open!
Yet another example of Rochdale FC shoddy customer service.

Knowing Dalenet personally Bluevein, I am 100% certain that none of his post was meant to be sarcastic or a wind up. As he states he was saddened at the incompetence of the club and the printer comment was merely an attempt to provide an alternative possible solution for a fellow fan. He is a chap that would go out of his way to help other folk and that would be his intention with the printer suggestion.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024