Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ebbsfleet United (H) - Match Thread 12:21 - Aug 3 with 24513 viewsHullDale

Ebbsfleet United (H) - Match Thread on 22:17 - Aug 6 with 2063 viewsD_Alien

Ebbsfleet United (H) - Match Thread on 21:56 - Aug 6 by dingdangblue

I've been told this before. A shot on target only counts if the keeper saves it apparently. So Rodney's flick in the 1st half which was cleared by the defender wouldn't have counted as a shot on target even though it was on target. Hendo had a header on target which was blocked by a defender - same. I think our only shot saved on target was by Afuye just after ht.

I think that's right, otherwise a shot from outside the box which travels two yards before hitting a defender could technically be "on target"

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Ebbsfleet United (H) - Match Thread on 22:19 - Aug 6 with 2058 viewsnordenblue

Ebbsfleet United (H) - Match Thread on 21:56 - Aug 6 by dingdangblue

I've been told this before. A shot on target only counts if the keeper saves it apparently. So Rodney's flick in the 1st half which was cleared by the defender wouldn't have counted as a shot on target even though it was on target. Hendo had a header on target which was blocked by a defender - same. I think our only shot saved on target was by Afuye just after ht.

Surely any goal would count as a shot "on target"?
Ebbsfleet United (H) - Match Thread on 23:31 - Aug 6 with 1914 viewsdingdangblue

This from Opta.
A shot on target is defined as any goal attempt that:

• Goes into the net regardless of intent – For Goals only.
• Is a clear attempt to score that would have gone into the net but for being saved by the goalkeeper or is stopped by a player who is the last-man with the goalkeeper having no chance of preventing the goal (last line block).

Shots directly hitting the frame of the goal are not counted as shots on target, unless the ball goes in and is awarded as a goal.

Shots blocked by another player, who is not the last-man, are not counted as shots on target.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Ebbsfleet United (H) - Match Thread on 00:08 - Aug 7 with 1885 viewsD_Alien

Ebbsfleet United (H) - Match Thread on 23:31 - Aug 6 by dingdangblue

This from Opta.
A shot on target is defined as any goal attempt that:

• Goes into the net regardless of intent – For Goals only.
• Is a clear attempt to score that would have gone into the net but for being saved by the goalkeeper or is stopped by a player who is the last-man with the goalkeeper having no chance of preventing the goal (last line block).

Shots directly hitting the frame of the goal are not counted as shots on target, unless the ball goes in and is awarded as a goal.

Shots blocked by another player, who is not the last-man, are not counted as shots on target.

And presumably, OGs aren't counted as shots on target since they aren't shots by the team referred to in the stats. Therefore, a team could win a game without having a single shot on target

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Ebbsfleet United (H) - Match Thread on 07:10 - Aug 7 with 1736 viewsDaleiLama

Ebbsfleet United (H) - Match Thread on 00:08 - Aug 7 by D_Alien

And presumably, OGs aren't counted as shots on target since they aren't shots by the team referred to in the stats. Therefore, a team could win a game without having a single shot on target

And could have hit the woodwork a dozen times and still not have had a shot on target. Ok - I get it now. Makes sense.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Ebbsfleet United (H) - Match Thread on 08:11 - Aug 7 with 1676 viewsDale_4_Life

Nevitt outstanding.

Some hope and positives but the shooting was abysmal.

Dale created way more chances but heavy first touches and blazing over the stands will not win many football matches.

3 freekicks from outside the area not one close to the frame of the goal. It must be technique their is no dip on the ball it just rockets further and further skywards. McNulty needs to get this sorted asap we need to be much better starting this Saturday.
Ebbsfleet United (H) - Match Thread on 16:16 - Aug 8 with 1288 viewsTVOS1907

Ebbsfleet United (H) - Match Thread on 20:19 - Aug 6 by Shun

Where did you see we only had one shot on target? I’m not disputing it, it just seems very low considering we had 18 shots in total.

The stats in the Non-League Paper on Sunday said we had 13 shots - 5 on target and 8 off target.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Ebbsfleet United (H) - Match Thread on 16:35 - Aug 8 with 1233 viewsEllDale

It's a good job they don't have a category for way off target! There were at least three of those.
Login to get fewer ads

Ebbsfleet United (H) - Match Thread on 17:03 - Aug 8 with 1164 viewsZac_B

Ebbsfleet United (H) - Match Thread on 16:35 - Aug 8 by EllDale

It's a good job they don't have a category for way off target! There were at least three of those.

The 2nd half effort which hit the Sandy Lane tree actually had us all chuckling around me in the Main Stand. That was the point it definitely wasn't going to be our day!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024