Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rugby World Cup 2023 - Thread 19:18 - Sep 8 with 33384 viewsToast_R

Been looking forward to this and I think this year will be a cracker. Ireland, France, Bokke and All Black stand out favourites, I've a suspicion Scotland may throw it open on that side of the draw by getting something out of Ireland or RSA.

Tonight though, what a cracker open with; Hosts France take on The All Blacks. I'm going for the All Blacks to silence the Parisienne crowd. Or they could get pumped. 🤔
Rugby World Cup 2023 - Thread on 21:32 - Oct 14 with 2477 viewsted_hendrix

I was just thinking to meself that Kiwi defence won't be beaten and 'hey presto'.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Rugby World Cup 2023 - Thread on 21:49 - Oct 14 with 2443 viewsthame_hoops

The referee did everything he could to help Ireland win… oh dear 🙂
Rugby World Cup 2023 - Thread on 21:52 - Oct 14 with 2425 viewsRangersw12

Excellent

Well done the All Blacks 🎉
Rugby World Cup 2023 - Thread on 22:01 - Oct 14 with 2385 viewsToast_R

Still no knock out win for Ireland at a World Cup. That was their chance but sadly just didn't happen for them.
Rugby World Cup 2023 - Thread on 22:02 - Oct 14 with 2372 viewsSAPilgrim

Gutted.
Rugby World Cup 2023 - Thread on 22:08 - Oct 14 with 2333 viewsKiwi76

Good grief!
Shattered - what a game.
Ireland best team in world for past 2-3 years and know how this feels
Rugby World Cup 2023 - Thread on 22:20 - Oct 14 with 2252 viewsTomS

Rugby World Cup 2023 - Thread on 22:02 - Oct 14 by SAPilgrim

Gutted.

Yep. Unbelievable effort from both teams. Just a few unforced errors proved to be the difference between the teams. Well done to the All Blacks, they earned that the hard way.
Rugby World Cup 2023 - Thread on 00:29 - Oct 15 with 2100 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Rugby World Cup 2023 - Thread on 22:20 - Oct 14 by TomS

Yep. Unbelievable effort from both teams. Just a few unforced errors proved to be the difference between the teams. Well done to the All Blacks, they earned that the hard way.

The All Blacks played their best game in years and deserved to move on .
For some reason Ireland just treated the ball like a hot potatoe all night and it cost them .
Still they were within inches of taking the lead and maybe winning until thar superb hold up from NZ .
Even that last pulsating drive looked so good until the turnover crushed Irelands dream .
Sad for Sexton to end a sensational career tonight .
If NZ can play like that from now on its theirs IMO
Login to get fewer ads

Rugby World Cup 2023 - Thread on 08:13 - Oct 15 with 1901 viewsstevec

And then there was one.
Rugby World Cup 2023 - Thread on 09:40 - Oct 15 with 1797 viewsthame_hoops

Rugby World Cup 2023 - Thread on 00:29 - Oct 15 by CLAREMAN1995

The All Blacks played their best game in years and deserved to move on .
For some reason Ireland just treated the ball like a hot potatoe all night and it cost them .
Still they were within inches of taking the lead and maybe winning until thar superb hold up from NZ .
Even that last pulsating drive looked so good until the turnover crushed Irelands dream .
Sad for Sexton to end a sensational career tonight .
If NZ can play like that from now on its theirs IMO

I don’t really follow or understand rugby much, however, that last drive, why don’t teams do that more often? Just pass the ball like that? Why do they insist on keep kicking the ball down Field?Surely having possession of the ball and passing it would be better?
Rugby World Cup 2023 - Thread on 11:35 - Oct 15 with 1702 viewsSydneyRs

Rugby World Cup 2023 - Thread on 09:40 - Oct 15 by thame_hoops

I don’t really follow or understand rugby much, however, that last drive, why don’t teams do that more often? Just pass the ball like that? Why do they insist on keep kicking the ball down Field?Surely having possession of the ball and passing it would be better?

Sadly my fears for Ireland were realised. That they don't have that back end of world cup experience/know how. There's no doubt they have a good enough team, but they just weren't able to be anywhere near their best.

NZ of course are always strong but this is probably the most vulnerable NZ team in a long time. I still think they'll struggle to beat France or South Africa in the final (assuming England don't produce a miracle 😄).

Genuine hopes of winning a world cup don't come often for a nation like Ireland so it's a real shame. 4 years is a long time but hopefully they'll be good enough to be in with a shout next time.
Rugby World Cup 2023 - Thread on 12:42 - Oct 15 with 1659 viewsdenhamhoop2

Rugby World Cup 2023 - Thread on 18:04 - Oct 14 by toboboly

Not sure how Farrell has kept his place after fcking up so many kicks, passes, tackles and being timed out.

Because he is the best of the 3 fly halves defensively would expect at some point all 3 of them will be playing with Farrell switching to centre and Ford coming on to give England more attacking range with the open field play of Smith just worry about England in contact and the ruck area.
Rugby World Cup 2023 - Thread on 13:18 - Oct 15 with 1629 viewsTGRRRSSS

Amazing game last night, greatly relieved but expected a defeat to be honest (NZ perspective) probably the best they played in the Foster era.

What they did do well I feel the ABs was to alter their game and not simply throw things not on and kicked back to push Ireland back, just always holding the ball in many areas would have seen them pinged and kicked well out of it.

Schmidts paw prints all over it I think.
Rugby World Cup 2023 - Thread on 17:34 - Oct 15 with 1527 viewsted_hendrix

England falling apart

Rugby World Cup 2023 - Thread on 18:04 - Oct 15 with 1472 viewsToast_R

Rugby World Cup 2023 - Thread on 17:34 - Oct 15 by ted_hendrix

England falling apart

Never in doubt...

Well done to Fiji though, played an unbelievable game but England just about held them off. Fiji have been my favourite team to watch this World Cup. For a nation with less than a million, they should be proud.
Rugby World Cup 2023 - Thread on 18:28 - Oct 15 with 1411 viewsted_hendrix

Rugby World Cup 2023 - Thread on 18:04 - Oct 15 by Toast_R

Never in doubt...

Well done to Fiji though, played an unbelievable game but England just about held them off. Fiji have been my favourite team to watch this World Cup. For a nation with less than a million, they should be proud.

When Fiji equalised I thought that was It, 24-10 England were ahead and you have to say comfortable.

Don't wanna moan again but what I still find annoying Is every time the whistle goes instead of seeing the players on the pitch and what's happening the camera instantly goes to the crowd and all you can see Is Idiots sat there looking at their phones or more Idiots pointing at the big screen in the stadium and seeing themselves and instanttly screaming and having muliple orgasms. (for some strange reason).

Rugby World Cup 2023 - Thread on 18:36 - Oct 15 with 1402 viewsdenhamhoop2

Rugby World Cup 2023 - Thread on 17:34 - Oct 15 by ted_hendrix

England falling apart

As always at a Major Tournament only "dreadful" England to represent the British Isles thought England were the better side today bar a 10 minute spell. Will England win the World Cup nope not quite good enough but they have a way of winning games at World Cups the rest of the British Isles could do with learning
Rugby World Cup 2023 - Thread on 19:42 - Oct 15 with 1309 viewsOldPedro

Rugby World Cup 2023 - Thread on 18:36 - Oct 15 by denhamhoop2

As always at a Major Tournament only "dreadful" England to represent the British Isles thought England were the better side today bar a 10 minute spell. Will England win the World Cup nope not quite good enough but they have a way of winning games at World Cups the rest of the British Isles could do with learning

England should go further in major tournaments than Wales, Scotland and Ireland due to the resources they have in terms of money and player numbers.

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Rugby World Cup 2023 - Thread on 20:08 - Oct 15 with 1270 viewsterryb

I don't understand the laws/rules of the game & what constitutes a penalty. However, I can't understand how Curry wasn't invited to spend time in the sin bin, if only for repeated infringments. I've no idea what he did wrong, but it was a constant "penalty against Curry"!

I also thought they were two very bad penalty misses from Farrell, but Figi's kicks were just as bad!
Rugby World Cup 2023 - Thread on 20:09 - Oct 15 with 1267 viewsted_hendrix

France on fire ATM.

Rugby World Cup 2023 - Thread on 20:10 - Oct 15 with 1263 viewsted_hendrix

Game.

Rugby World Cup 2023 - Thread on 20:28 - Oct 15 with 1243 viewsted_hendrix

What a game.

Rugby World Cup 2023 - Thread on 20:52 - Oct 15 with 1212 viewsdenhamhoop2

Rugby World Cup 2023 - Thread on 19:42 - Oct 15 by OldPedro

England should go further in major tournaments than Wales, Scotland and Ireland due to the resources they have in terms of money and player numbers.

So whats Irelands Scotlands and Wales excuse when in comparison to New Zealand it is the National Game in Wales and Ireland yet a country where Football is king(Argentina) are in their 3rd semi final which matches the 3 Celtic nations record combined. Think it is a mentality thing with Ireland very much like England in Football okay when playing the poorer teams but struggle against the better teams
Rugby World Cup 2023 - Thread on 22:02 - Oct 15 with 1146 viewsToast_R

How did France bodge that up?
Springbok's just grind on through.
Rugby World Cup 2023 - Thread on 22:03 - Oct 15 with 1138 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Four immense where the losing sides all could and, at times, maybe should, have won.

Good ol' England! That said, to win from here is a 'kin huge ask.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024