Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dear Marti. About our corner kicks.... 17:03 - Nov 29 with 3029 viewsTonto

You are doing a bloody great job so far. Keep it up. However, you might find this useful:

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Dear Marti. About our corner kicks.... on 18:48 - Nov 29 with 2775 viewsStanisgod

Definitely, Paal in particular awful. Couldn't understand why Reggie came on and took 2 reasonable ones then Paal took one the same side and promptly hit the side netting. Basic of the game surely corner taking, a large part of any other sides game but not ours.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Dear Marti. About our corner kicks.... on 21:07 - Nov 29 with 2625 viewsSpaceman_P

I actually reckon Dozzell would be a good corner taker.
Dear Marti. About our corner kicks.... on 22:31 - Nov 29 with 2481 viewscolinallcars

I like the signal that our players give by raising one or both hands above their heads.
Then promptly hit the first man or the side netting. Not forgetting the one where they blaze it over everyone's heads and out for a throw on the far side.
Dear Marti. About our corner kicks.... on 00:08 - Nov 30 with 2399 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Marti probably figures there is so much else to fix first and we cannot give up any goals when we are taking corners .
He got a big lesson last night when Dykes had 5 options when clean through ,took the worst possible one and basically cost us the equalizer .
I have the PL package on my cable and most top teams go short or try something like a one time blast to find the net .
We have to try something different because its horrible right now
Dear Marti. About our corner kicks.... on 00:10 - Nov 30 with 2396 viewsSydneyRs

I will never understand why people who are good enough at football to be paid to play it for their job cannot take a good corner.
Dear Marti. About our corner kicks.... on 01:56 - Nov 30 with 2339 viewsqueensparker

In my long term quest to find a point to having Dozzell in the team, he has put in some amazing corners recently.

But as someone deputised as the corner taker in various amateur teams over the years as “you’re good at them”, have some sympathy here.

If was simple to ping in a good corner we’d all be doing it. Beckham was the master. A good whipped corner has a high likelihood of going wrong. They’re not doing on it purpose
[Post edited 30 Nov 2023 1:57]
Dear Marti. About our corner kicks.... on 02:04 - Nov 30 with 2321 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Dear Marti. About our corner kicks.... on 01:56 - Nov 30 by queensparker

In my long term quest to find a point to having Dozzell in the team, he has put in some amazing corners recently.

But as someone deputised as the corner taker in various amateur teams over the years as “you’re good at them”, have some sympathy here.

If was simple to ping in a good corner we’d all be doing it. Beckham was the master. A good whipped corner has a high likelihood of going wrong. They’re not doing on it purpose
[Post edited 30 Nov 2023 1:57]

The trouble you can't just bring him on for corner kicks like American football.
Dear Marti. About our corner kicks.... on 03:20 - Nov 30 with 2305 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Dear Marti. About our corner kicks.... on 02:04 - Nov 30 by Benny_the_Ball

The trouble you can't just bring him on for corner kicks like American football.

Not yet, you can't!

I expect FIFA to introduce it next season, and start trialing 'power plays' the following season. However, introducing DRS for full and wing backs is, I understand, experiencing technical issues, and has gone on to the back-burner for now. Which is somewhat ironic, as 'back burner' is its projected name when it finally rolls out.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Login to get fewer ads

Dear Marti. About our corner kicks.... on 07:35 - Nov 30 with 2136 viewsSK_hoops

Dear Marti. About our corner kicks.... on 03:20 - Nov 30 by PlanetHonneywood

Not yet, you can't!

I expect FIFA to introduce it next season, and start trialing 'power plays' the following season. However, introducing DRS for full and wing backs is, I understand, experiencing technical issues, and has gone on to the back-burner for now. Which is somewhat ironic, as 'back burner' is its projected name when it finally rolls out.

Get Rory Delap out of retirement if that happens. I bet he can still throw a ball.
Dear Marti. About our corner kicks.... on 08:24 - Nov 30 with 2078 viewsGroveR

Dear Marti. About our corner kicks.... on 00:08 - Nov 30 by CLAREMAN1995

Marti probably figures there is so much else to fix first and we cannot give up any goals when we are taking corners .
He got a big lesson last night when Dykes had 5 options when clean through ,took the worst possible one and basically cost us the equalizer .
I have the PL package on my cable and most top teams go short or try something like a one time blast to find the net .

I thought the same until we managed to concede from the keeper's roll-out against Blackburn.
Dear Marti. About our corner kicks.... on 10:00 - Nov 30 with 1921 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Dear Marti. About our corner kicks.... on 00:08 - Nov 30 by CLAREMAN1995

Agree with you, Bannerman.

We're not great aerially, we don't have a superb set-piece taker, not sure why we go long and play a game we can't win. We invariaby hit it long where there is little chance of us scoring but a huge chance of getting hit on the reak. Either way we coug up hard-won momentum and a minute or teo of possession/position.

What we do have is technical players, so not sure why we don't just go short, recycle and keep the pressure on.

Never give a sucker an even break.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Dear Marti. About our corner kicks.... on 10:08 - Nov 30 with 1898 viewsQPROslo

Dear Marti. About our corner kicks.... on 21:07 - Nov 29 by Spaceman_P

He did take some good corners just a few games ago. Hopefully he's back for Preston.
Dear Marti. About our corner kicks.... on 10:15 - Nov 30 with 1862 viewsCateLeBonR

Actually according to that video the most dangerous corner is the in-swinger to the near post. Which Paal has nailed! Just need people to attack it.
Dear Marti. About our corner kicks.... on 10:40 - Nov 30 with 1798 viewsPeterHucker

I was a very limited footballer in my Sunday League days. But I used to take all the corners on one side because I am left footed and I could do an inswinger.
It’s really not that hard to clear the first man, and keep it on the pitch by not overhitting it!
Had a full time job too so it’s not like I had every week day to practice them.
Dear Marti. About our corner kicks.... on 11:01 - Nov 30 with 1763 viewsEsox_Lucius

Dear Marti. About our corner kicks.... on 00:10 - Nov 30 by SydneyRs

I will never understand why people who are good enough at football to be paid to play it for their job cannot take a good corner.

The corner flag is a distraction.

The grass is always greener.

Dear Marti. About our corner kicks.... on 11:19 - Nov 30 with 1751 viewskensalriser

Dear Marti. About our corner kicks.... on 10:40 - Nov 30 by PeterHucker

I was a very limited footballer in my Sunday League days. But I used to take all the corners on one side because I am left footed and I could do an inswinger.
It’s really not that hard to clear the first man, and keep it on the pitch by not overhitting it!
Had a full time job too so it’s not like I had every week day to practice them.

Once you've cleared the first man the keeper's always going to be favourite at any professional level.

But apparently the percentage of corners that result in a goal is 3%. Unless you were playing QPR last season in which case it was more like 93%.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Dear Marti. About our corner kicks.... on 12:06 - Nov 30 with 1692 viewsdmm

Dear Marti. About our corner kicks.... on 11:19 - Nov 30 by kensalriser

Once you've cleared the first man the keeper's always going to be favourite at any professional level.

But apparently the percentage of corners that result in a goal is 3%. Unless you were playing QPR last season in which case it was more like 93%.

And yet every football supporter does the same thing when their team wins a corner. Gets excited believing there's a good chance to score, lets out a groan when a goal isn't scored and turns to a mate to say how sht the team is at corners. Every single time.
Dear Marti. About our corner kicks.... on 12:48 - Nov 30 with 1647 viewsAntti_Heinola

I do think corners are a bit more difficult than most people give credit for - not excusing the crap ones, but for a near post corner, if you imagine the space in the air you're aiming at to clear the first defender but still have it low enough for the flick on and not so high the keeper easily claims it, then that's a very small box.
As others have said, several times on Tue the corner wasn't that bad, but we were beaten to the ball too often. Not enough emphasis placed on our own players actually going to win the ball, for me.
Isn't Larkeche a dead ball expert?

Bare bones.

Dear Marti. About our corner kicks.... on 13:01 - Nov 30 with 1623 viewsrbee

Dear Marti. About our corner kicks.... on 10:00 - Nov 30 by BrianMcCarthy

Agree with you, Bannerman.

We're not great aerially, we don't have a superb set-piece taker, not sure why we go long and play a game we can't win. We invariaby hit it long where there is little chance of us scoring but a huge chance of getting hit on the reak. Either way we coug up hard-won momentum and a minute or teo of possession/position.

What we do have is technical players, so not sure why we don't just go short, recycle and keep the pressure on.

Never give a sucker an even break.

This season we have played short corners many times and messed it up almost every time.

In my opinion we have no chance of scoring a goal when the ball is near the corner flag but there is a chance when the ball is played in to the penalty area. JCS scored at Huddersfield remember.

Decent delivery in to the box, someone blocking the keeper, let's see what happens.

I remember when Stan used to plant his corners right under the crossbar.
Dear Marti. About our corner kicks.... on 13:50 - Nov 30 with 1545 viewsbosh67

Dear Marti. About our corner kicks.... on 21:07 - Nov 29 by Spaceman_P

Can we bring Dozzell on just for corners?

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024