Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Saints V Our Choirboys Match Thread 04:56 - Dec 23 with 24846 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Its Friday night close to midnight here in America so basically 6 am in London and no Match Thread yet.
Are we waiting for E17Hoops again or has he thrown in the towel .
I know the entire fanbase is dissapointed with the SW defeat but I expect a reaction from the boys tomorrow / today .
QPR 1 Southampton 1
Saints V Our Choirboys Match Thread on 05:50 - Dec 24 with 1273 viewsNorthantsHoop

I actually came away from the game not feeling too negative about the result, it was a narrow defeat against a team expected to be in the promotion mix, game could have gone either way. We are creating more chances, only now conceding and losing by the odd goal, if this game had been pre-Marti then we would have lost by 3 or 4 nil. The main weakness now is in attack we don't have strikers who can scrap you a goal in the penalty area and this has been a problem since Austin downed tools and went off the boil in early 2022. We have to hope that Marti can get some money from somewhere to find a solution in January. If old boil face at Sunderland still likes Dykes and we can offload him to Sunderland in January for a couple of million that might do the trick.
Saints V Our Choirboys Match Thread on 08:35 - Dec 24 with 1133 viewstraininvain

Saints V Our Choirboys Match Thread on 23:58 - Dec 23 by Antti_Heinola

The service thing is s a myth. Start of second half three superb balls played across the box, he wasn’t in the same postcode - and he never is. He had a decent game overall, but he just does not know how to position himself during attacks. It’s painfully obvious.
[Post edited 23 Dec 2023 23:59]

Exactly. I went to the game yesterday with a Gooner and he couldn’t believe how often Dykes was caught on his heels. Plenty of decent crosses were put in the box during the first half and particularly the second half but Dykes was nowhere to be seen.

It’s a shame because his link up play was ok but his movement in the opposition penalty area needs serious improvement if he’s ever going to start scoring regularly. I’m not sure it’s something that can be coached, it usually comes naturally or not at all.
Saints V Our Choirboys Match Thread on 08:39 - Dec 24 with 1122 viewsstevec

Saints V Our Choirboys Match Thread on 23:58 - Dec 23 by Antti_Heinola

The service thing is s a myth. Start of second half three superb balls played across the box, he wasn’t in the same postcode - and he never is. He had a decent game overall, but he just does not know how to position himself during attacks. It’s painfully obvious.
[Post edited 23 Dec 2023 23:59]

Precisely.

There are some good balls played in but our forwards are literally so hopeless with their anticipation they make even the good crosses look bad.

23 games gone, half a season now, top scorer has 3 goals. It’s pathetic.

Dykes 3, Armstrong 1, Kelman 0, Kolli 0, a goal each between them. The board (and Ainsworth) should hang their heads in shame.

If I was Chair I’d be banging on the managers door, asking if this’ll be another half season playing with dodo’s up front, and if so, give me a transfer. He deserves better.
Saints V Our Choirboys Match Thread on 08:55 - Dec 24 with 1089 viewsQPROslo

Saints V Our Choirboys Match Thread on 01:07 - Dec 24 by Ned_Kennedys

Three ‘superb’ balls? By whom? Distribution from our wide was as usual below standard: more often it was a long distance punt not threatening the goal.

There were a few, I remember good low crosses from the left from both Chair and Dozzell going clean across space in their box and nobody getting on them.
Saints V Our Choirboys Match Thread on 09:26 - Dec 24 with 1040 viewslassel

Saints V Our Choirboys Match Thread on 21:44 - Dec 23 by mart_Goblin

Bloody hell. That’s the spirit

Meh, I acknowledge I’m a miserable bastard at the moment with all things QPR, I just struggle to get excited about the fact that us losing timidly against a disinterested Saints side is progress after dropping 5 points last week against dire sides.

Ultimately Saints played the ball around at will, picked us apart whenever they could be bothered to go above a jog and but for a good Begovic save and a terrible Adams finish could’ve cruised to a 3-0 win without the kitman needing to bother washing the kit after.

Even when they had to play 10 minutes with 10 men, they were way too smart and experienced for us and just saw out the game in a style we couldn’t dream of doing at a shocking Sheff Wed team last week.
Saints V Our Choirboys Match Thread on 10:09 - Dec 24 with 985 viewsSK_hoops

Saints V Our Choirboys Match Thread on 08:39 - Dec 24 by stevec

Precisely.

There are some good balls played in but our forwards are literally so hopeless with their anticipation they make even the good crosses look bad.

23 games gone, half a season now, top scorer has 3 goals. It’s pathetic.

Dykes 3, Armstrong 1, Kelman 0, Kolli 0, a goal each between them. The board (and Ainsworth) should hang their heads in shame.

If I was Chair I’d be banging on the managers door, asking if this’ll be another half season playing with dodo’s up front, and if so, give me a transfer. He deserves better.

Even second time round Chaz in his second season scored more goals in many less minutes than our whole strikeforce combined this season. Very worrying.
[Post edited 24 Dec 2023 10:16]
Saints V Our Choirboys Match Thread on 10:11 - Dec 24 with 982 viewsbosh67

Saints V Our Choirboys Match Thread on 17:19 - Dec 23 by ted_hendrix

We got exactly what we deserved today absolutely nothing.

Yet again other results were favourable for us and yet again we couldn't take advantage.

Do people realise just how bad we are squad/player wise?

Whoever at the club who Is employed to bring players In should hang their head In shame for stealing a salary, It's not new, It hasn't just crept up on us has It?

Jesus wept I'm laid up with bloody awful Covid on top of being asthmatic (no I'm not looking for sympathy) but for once just once you useless f ucking bastards..............

Wishing you better Ted.

It's never good to be ill over Christmas. Here's a Chris Rea song to brighten the mood...

No points over Christmas
Loftus Road and our sad faces
Oh, No points over Christmas, yeah,
Stuck in those relegation places...

Oh well, in QPR we despair but who knows! Main thing is get better soon.
[Post edited 24 Dec 2023 10:31]

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Saints V Our Choirboys Match Thread on 11:34 - Dec 24 with 884 viewsRs_Holy

Saints V Our Choirboys Match Thread on 21:19 - Dec 23 by Ned_Kennedys

Haha mate yeah I know Dykes is the best of a bad bunch but the service the poor fecker gets is less than useless. Anyone who watched today’s game saw how badly Armstrong and Kelman did instead of Dykes.

We need a natural goal scorer to play off Dykes: I’d try all out to get Nakhi Wells back on loan from Bristol where he never seems to get a game. Past his best but knows where the bloody goal is for sure.

Nahki Wells is a good shout… I’d even take an overweight, not match sharp Chris Martin tbh… he knew how to score goals
Login to get fewer ads

Saints V Our Choirboys Match Thread on 13:31 - Dec 24 with 776 viewsNortholt_Rs

Saints V Our Choirboys Match Thread on 08:35 - Dec 24 by traininvain

Exactly. I went to the game yesterday with a Gooner and he couldn’t believe how often Dykes was caught on his heels. Plenty of decent crosses were put in the box during the first half and particularly the second half but Dykes was nowhere to be seen.

It’s a shame because his link up play was ok but his movement in the opposition penalty area needs serious improvement if he’s ever going to start scoring regularly. I’m not sure it’s something that can be coached, it usually comes naturally or not at all.

Dykes is 28 so it’s pretty unlikely he’s going to improve…..and he’s the best ‘striker’ we have. Pisspoor. I don’t blame him for our predicament - this is a culmination of poor signings and no talent coming through our bloated back room set-up. What we are witnessing now has been years in the making….

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Saints V Our Choirboys Match Thread on 16:45 - Dec 24 with 688 viewsGus_iom

I think Dykes does a lot of really good work for the team, but probably needs someone playing off him. I'm in agreement with just about everyone else, he doesn't anticipate, he frustratingly doesn't attack the near post. I'm disappointed that Ar.strong, for all his physicality, doesn't either.
It was interesting to watch the match on the official Southampton stream yesterday. They were saying we did a lot of really good work up both sides, but didn't get enough bodies in the box for the ensuing crosses.
But then, we are open to quick counterattacks, good luck to Marti trying to get the balance right.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024