Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Next 4 games 13:50 - Dec 25 with 7923 viewsNigeriamark

Home and away against Fylde who are second bottom, then Home against Kiddie who are bottom and home again against mid table Wealdstone after a 2 week rest

Not much danger of us finishing in the bottom 4 so this is a golden opportunity to build some momentum for a run at the play - offs. I know there are no guaranteed wins, but you can’t ask for a better run of fixtures. Should be targeting 8-10 points from those games.
Next 4 games on 19:46 - Dec 25 with 5644 viewsdownunder

I disagree. As professional players, they should be targeting 4 wins out of 4.
Next 4 games on 15:55 - Dec 26 with 5112 viewsBarrowdale

Next 4 games on 19:46 - Dec 25 by downunder

I disagree. As professional players, they should be targeting 4 wins out of 4.

1 up anyway. Hendo. Thatsa start👍🏻
Next 4 games on 16:21 - Dec 26 with 5035 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Next 4 games on 15:55 - Dec 26 by Barrowdale

1 up anyway. Hendo. Thatsa start👍🏻

Classic Hendo hit......more please.
Next 4 games on 16:40 - Dec 26 with 4958 viewsdawlishdale

An awful performance and tactics. Such a disincentive for the additional fans to return. Moulden is our mom so far. Jim needs to be braver.
Next 4 games on 17:01 - Dec 26 with 4883 viewsEdindale

The win is surely the most important thing at this stage of the season.
Next 4 games on 17:08 - Dec 26 with 4798 views442Dale

Next 4 games on 16:40 - Dec 26 by dawlishdale

An awful performance and tactics. Such a disincentive for the additional fans to return. Moulden is our mom so far. Jim needs to be braver.

Was it a great display? No. But we won 2-0. The tactics were effective as seen by our first goals and the way we were attempted to go more direct at times. Without a proper target man and down to so few options there’s not much we can do differently.

There was little in the way of complaining in the ground.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Next 4 games on 17:12 - Dec 26 with 4751 viewsJames1980

Next 4 games on 17:08 - Dec 26 by 442Dale

Was it a great display? No. But we won 2-0. The tactics were effective as seen by our first goals and the way we were attempted to go more direct at times. Without a proper target man and down to so few options there’s not much we can do differently.

There was little in the way of complaining in the ground.

The most important thing today is the overall experience. How many will say I enjoyed that I will go again.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Next 4 games on 17:15 - Dec 26 with 4728 views442Dale

Next 4 games on 17:12 - Dec 26 by James1980

The most important thing today is the overall experience. How many will say I enjoyed that I will go again.

How many were given details of the next match with an offer to get a few quid off…

Login to get fewer ads

Next 4 games on 17:18 - Dec 26 with 4684 viewsJames1980

Next 4 games on 17:15 - Dec 26 by 442Dale

How many were given details of the next match with an offer to get a few quid off…

Hopefully at least 25%

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Next 4 games on 17:18 - Dec 26 with 4678 viewsrichfoad32

Next 4 games on 16:40 - Dec 26 by dawlishdale

With one fit (38 year old) recognised striker and a left back in midfield, define braver. What would you do differently?
Next 4 games on 17:25 - Dec 26 with 4596 viewsSaxonDale

Next 4 games on 17:18 - Dec 26 by richfoad32

With one fit (38 year old) recognised striker and a left back in midfield, define braver. What would you do differently?

It amazes me that anyone can watch a brave and battling performance from a group of players who are clearly off their feet and criticise anyone. Proud of how the players represented the club today- especially compared to what we’ve had to put up with over the last few years.
Next 4 games on 17:27 - Dec 26 with 4577 viewsdawlishdale

Next 4 games on 17:18 - Dec 26 by richfoad32

I'd get the midfield players to pass just ahead of their target instead of just behind. Id also ask for more movement at throw ins and free kicks in our favour. Finally, I'd give moulden a big pat on the back for almost single handedly winning us the very welcome 3 points with a brilliant display. Not only did he set up both our goals, but he prevented 3 or 4 good chances for Fylde when they attacked down the flanks.

I'm delighted we won, but not by our tactics. On another day, we lose that game.

Also, quite worried about the pitch. Can absolutely see why we are in dispute with the company that supplied it.
Next 4 games on 17:51 - Dec 26 with 4384 views442Dale

Next 4 games on 17:27 - Dec 26 by dawlishdale

I'd get the midfield players to pass just ahead of their target instead of just behind. Id also ask for more movement at throw ins and free kicks in our favour. Finally, I'd give moulden a big pat on the back for almost single handedly winning us the very welcome 3 points with a brilliant display. Not only did he set up both our goals, but he prevented 3 or 4 good chances for Fylde when they attacked down the flanks.

I'm delighted we won, but not by our tactics. On another day, we lose that game.

Also, quite worried about the pitch. Can absolutely see why we are in dispute with the company that supplied it.

So individual players could have done things a bit better? Agreed. Tactically though, we were fine.

As the scoreline illustrates.

It most certainly wasn’t anywhere near awful. The crowd enjoyed the win.

Next 4 games on 17:56 - Dec 26 with 4347 viewsPlattyswrinklynuts

Next 4 games on 17:12 - Dec 26 by James1980

I didn’t hear a single person around me say that. The regulars would say “a wins a win” etc but today was (or should have been) all about entertainment for the £1 punters. There was none of that on display this afternoon.
Next 4 games on 18:04 - Dec 26 with 4239 viewsD_Alien

The defeat sends Fylde to the bottom of the table, though you wouldn't know it since they took the game to us, second half especially

That was a fortunate 3 points, although we put in plenty of last-ditch defending and Moulden gave a perfect display of goalkeeping, in addition to seizing the chance to get the ball up the pitch for our goals and finding a Dale shirt with every pass/throw

We're probably out on our feet though, and with a sending off at the end (who was it?) to add to our squad woes

As others have said, nothing to entice any first-timers back to the ground but given our circumstances, the win is all that'll be remembered

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Next 4 games on 18:08 - Dec 26 with 4189 viewsWhitworthDale

Next 4 games on 17:56 - Dec 26 by Plattyswrinklynuts

I didn’t hear a single person around me say that. The regulars would say “a wins a win” etc but today was (or should have been) all about entertainment for the £1 punters. There was none of that on display this afternoon.

Couldn’t disagree more.

It would be ridiculous to change the style of play that has got us into play off contention for a one off game just to appeal to a small number of additional fans.

The important thing, like always in football, is to win the game first. If we won every game thi season playing in the style, would you complain?

Some people are never happy, even when we’re winning.
Next 4 games on 18:11 - Dec 26 with 4159 viewsmikehunt

A sending off? That passed me by. How? When?

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Next 4 games on 18:11 - Dec 26 with 4157 views442Dale

Next 4 games on 18:04 - Dec 26 by D_Alien

The defeat sends Fylde to the bottom of the table, though you wouldn't know it since they took the game to us, second half especially

That was a fortunate 3 points, although we put in plenty of last-ditch defending and Moulden gave a perfect display of goalkeeping, in addition to seizing the chance to get the ball up the pitch for our goals and finding a Dale shirt with every pass/throw

We're probably out on our feet though, and with a sending off at the end (who was it?) to add to our squad woes

As others have said, nothing to entice any first-timers back to the ground but given our circumstances, the win is all that'll be remembered

Sinclair, second yellow for presumably joining in the celebrations.

Though, if that is the case, why not book Uchegbulam as well?

Next 4 games on 18:11 - Dec 26 with 4156 viewsSaxonDale

Sinclair.
Next 4 games on 18:13 - Dec 26 with 4143 viewsnordenblue

Think it was Sinclair that got a second red for coming on the pitch after the second goal resulting in an absolutely stupid red if that's the case, especially when we're so low on numbers anyway
Next 4 games on 18:13 - Dec 26 with 4144 viewsD_Alien

Next 4 games on 18:11 - Dec 26 by SaxonDale

Sinclair.

Ah. Second yellow, and both for technical offences rather than foul play, very avoidable

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Next 4 games on 18:17 - Dec 26 with 4090 viewsmeeee

Next 4 games on 18:11 - Dec 26 by 442Dale

Sinclair, second yellow for presumably joining in the celebrations.

Though, if that is the case, why not book Uchegbulam as well?

Could it have been something to do with the fact that Uchegbulam had his tracksuit on whereas Sinclair still had his kit on? I think subs are required to put a bib on or wear a tracksuit over the kit, I don't know if that's a rule the refs can enforce, I'm just speculating
Next 4 games on 18:21 - Dec 26 with 4031 viewskel

Next 4 games on 18:17 - Dec 26 by meeee

Could it have been something to do with the fact that Uchegbulam had his tracksuit on whereas Sinclair still had his kit on? I think subs are required to put a bib on or wear a tracksuit over the kit, I don't know if that's a rule the refs can enforce, I'm just speculating

That’s exactly how I saw it.
Next 4 games on 18:21 - Dec 26 with 4032 viewsDickydaler

Next 4 games on 18:13 - Dec 26 by D_Alien

Ah. Second yellow, and both for technical offences rather than foul play, very avoidable

Avoidable as you say, but it does annoy me when players get booked for celebrating a goal. As someone said near me, possibly because he wasn't wearing a bib or jacket?
Next 4 games on 18:27 - Dec 26 with 3977 viewsspringfieldparka

Next 4 games on 17:51 - Dec 26 by 442Dale

So individual players could have done things a bit better? Agreed. Tactically though, we were fine.

As the scoreline illustrates.

It most certainly wasn’t anywhere near awful. The crowd enjoyed the win.

Couldn't agree more . It seems definition of bravery being suggested here here is tweaking some in game movements rather than any radical overhaul . It feels like some are determined to wallow in negativity rather than celebrate hard won success by a team of players giving their all for the club . I just hope management and staff pay no heed to such over the top criticism .

Just to put things in perspective :-

* we currently have a squad of just 18/19 professionals

* of that squad we have 4 long term injuries ruled out

* in turn that means we are almost compelled to to turn out the same team
each game without respite

* given that workload its hardly surprising some technical errors creep in to the
game

Given these points I personally make allowances for some inconsistency in performance game to game , and am proud , after previous years experience , to see quite a young team commit with such pride and determination to grind out results such as today's win .
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024