Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sell Chair 11:25 - Dec 27 with 4666 viewsNed_Kennedys

None of us are certain as to the transfer funds situation when the transfer window opens next week but everyone will agree that if we are stuck with this current bunch of totally inadequate players we are pretty much guaranteed to be relegated.

Worse case scenario is that we have no financial wiggle room to sign anyone, even on loan. If this is the case then IMO we should be already touting out Chair as available for sale as he is our best (only) option of getting decent money in. Get £3-4 million for Ilias, give the money to Cifuentes and hope to God he has already identified a few bargains from his time in Scandinavia.
And get Nakhi Wells back on loan from Bristol City.
Sell Chair on 16:49 - Dec 27 with 1152 viewssteveo04

Sell Chair on 16:27 - Dec 27 by Burnleyhoop

Haven’t seen Philogene or Hull pulling up any trees lately and for what it’s worth, Chair his held in very high regard by other teams and players in this league.

Personally I play him in a midfield three , coldback, d-bonner and chair ( field in defence)but you then need Willock fit as you have no one else apart from adomah to go wide .

Chair against Preston and hull played deeper and closer to Willock and from that position can’t be doubled up on.

I know a striker is priority no1 but I wouldn’t be shocked to see two wide/forwards come in
Sell Chair on 16:55 - Dec 27 with 1129 viewslassel

Sell Chair on 14:27 - Dec 27 by daveB

Not sure where this coming window fits in with FFP if they count towards this years accounts or next as we file them before the window closes normally

They are going to need 3/4 excellent signings to stay up this year

FFP is on Accounting periods, which for football clubs is July to June every year.

We won’t be getting 3/4 unless Marti has a black book of mystery free transfers who can play championship football.
Sell Chair on 17:17 - Dec 27 with 1088 viewsDavieQPR

We lost the games that Cook was injured. He seems to be the key player.
Sell Chair on 17:20 - Dec 27 with 1087 viewsLoyalitat

Sell Chair on 16:27 - Dec 27 by Burnleyhoop

Haven’t seen Philogene or Hull pulling up any trees lately and for what it’s worth, Chair his held in very high regard by other teams and players in this league.

Philogene hasn't played since the injury he sustained against us. Hull, albeit stuttering at present, are still very much in the play-off race, as they've won two and lost two of their last four games. They're a good side for mine and I was impressed with how they played against us. Delap's hold-up play and instant control was impressive, as well has his ability to run at our defence and create for others.

Totally agree with you re: Chair.
[Post edited 27 Dec 2023 17:28]
Sell Chair on 17:22 - Dec 27 with 1074 viewsSuperhoops2808

Sell Chair on 12:33 - Dec 27 by Ned_Kennedys

What is Chair’s value in the current market taking into account he is well below Premier League level and the best we can hope for is a ‘rich’ upper level Championship team going for him? £4m would be good money for him.

And if we got that money we would need to use it to fund at least four player signings, including someone to play the Chair role of course. Won’t get feck all in this country with that money, hence why I stated we will need to rely on Cifuentes to use his knowledge of Scandanavian football to pick up a bargain.

Is there anyone else we could sell for that kind of money? I don’t think so. Is it a massive gamble? Yes but the alternative might be stick with what we have which is almost guaranteed relegation which would probably lead to a firesale of anyone half decent for peanuts (including Chair) as the club tries to cut the wage bill for League One.
[Post edited 27 Dec 2023 12:34]

Quite often Ned, I agree with a lot of your posts - But this one is madness and fortunately I think MC thinks very highly of him so unlikely. But why I think he should stay

1) One of the few players who plays for the badge and pride and always wants to win and loves the club

2) Can often create something out of nothing

3) If (And its a big IF) we get a striker we need a creator

If we need to offload players, then let Field go, Dykes (yes yes I know) or even Paal, but we really need to hold on to Chair I am afraid.
Sell Chair on 17:22 - Dec 27 with 1070 viewsloftupper

Sell Chair on 17:17 - Dec 27 by DavieQPR

We lost the games that Cook was injured. He seems to be the key player.

I think someone said the same on another thread. Play Cook and JCS as a centre half paring and we give ourselves a chance
Sell Chair on 17:33 - Dec 27 with 1034 viewsNed_Kennedys

Sell Chair on 17:22 - Dec 27 by Superhoops2808

Quite often Ned, I agree with a lot of your posts - But this one is madness and fortunately I think MC thinks very highly of him so unlikely. But why I think he should stay

1) One of the few players who plays for the badge and pride and always wants to win and loves the club

2) Can often create something out of nothing

3) If (And its a big IF) we get a striker we need a creator

If we need to offload players, then let Field go, Dykes (yes yes I know) or even Paal, but we really need to hold on to Chair I am afraid.

Mate in an ideal world we don’t have to sell our best players, we offload the sh1t ones for a few quid, and we improve the quality of the squad by signing some quality players. QPR are not in that position though so what do we do as doing nothing equals relegation.

Field, Dykes and Paal might generate some interest but how much could we sell any of them for? Less than seven figures I’d guess which wouldn’t be enough to find replacements for them let alone add extra quality to the squad. Chair is the major sellable asset we have.
Sell Chair on 17:43 - Dec 27 with 1011 viewsPaddyhoops

This club has only won games of football when Willock and Chair are pulling up trees . When they’re not, we are dreadful side.
Login to get fewer ads

Sell Chair on 00:28 - Dec 28 with 853 viewsgolborne

I can’t believe I’m reading some of this dross.

What has happened to this message board…

Very bored retirees becoming more web savvy is one issue, but clearly not the only one..

Young, old, middling - do yourselves a favour and give it up, if all you can do is sit ringside awaiting failure in the hope of being proved right in your compulsive negative outlook. There’s better ways to fill yours and everybody else’s day.
Sell Chair on 02:35 - Dec 28 with 792 viewsLazyFan

We could wait until the summer to sell him, but we would then have to sell him. Call me crackers, I know you will, but I think we can get £10m for him.

Willock must be sold in the next month to get anything for him. I doubt anyone will bid more than £300K and I bet we shall still be in the poo so, won't sell him. Unless Willock storms Jan (as we know he can do for one month) and gets us out of danger. Unlikely.

Field has dropped in value so, I doubt we shall even get £2m for him. If so, we could sell him for that.

Then there is Paal who is worth around £2m (I am making this all up btw) or just arrived Cannon at £1m (still making it all up). EDB, Smyth, Armstrong maybe £500K each.

And that's it, a few players are worth anything. I backed Ferindand, but as someone else said, what has he to show for it and it's true. He totally wasted the Eze money. It's all gone and Dykes was the big but to show for it. Shocking.

Meanwhile Millwall and PNE can continue to compete and Luton get in the Prem, all with less money than QPR had. There really is no excuse.

zzzzzzzzzz

Sell Chair on 09:36 - Dec 28 with 616 viewsNed_Kennedys

Sell Chair on 00:28 - Dec 28 by golborne

I can’t believe I’m reading some of this dross.

What has happened to this message board…

Very bored retirees becoming more web savvy is one issue, but clearly not the only one..

Young, old, middling - do yourselves a favour and give it up, if all you can do is sit ringside awaiting failure in the hope of being proved right in your compulsive negative outlook. There’s better ways to fill yours and everybody else’s day.

Are you alright?
Sell Chair on 10:23 - Dec 28 with 558 viewsdaveB

He's in the provisional AFCON squad so may well be away for all of January
Sell Chair on 10:36 - Dec 28 with 526 viewsTheChef

Sell Chair on 10:23 - Dec 28 by daveB

Is Morocco's player set that poor that they need Chair in the squad (and they never play him anyway)?

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Sell Chair on 10:42 - Dec 28 with 517 viewsNed_Kennedys

Sell Chair on 10:23 - Dec 28 by daveB

Provisional squad is 55 players, 27 will be in final squad.
Be very surprised if Chair gets in.
Sell Chair on 11:21 - Dec 28 with 470 viewsGloucs_R

Sell Chair on 02:35 - Dec 28 by LazyFan

We could wait until the summer to sell him, but we would then have to sell him. Call me crackers, I know you will, but I think we can get £10m for him.

Willock must be sold in the next month to get anything for him. I doubt anyone will bid more than £300K and I bet we shall still be in the poo so, won't sell him. Unless Willock storms Jan (as we know he can do for one month) and gets us out of danger. Unlikely.

Field has dropped in value so, I doubt we shall even get £2m for him. If so, we could sell him for that.

Then there is Paal who is worth around £2m (I am making this all up btw) or just arrived Cannon at £1m (still making it all up). EDB, Smyth, Armstrong maybe £500K each.

And that's it, a few players are worth anything. I backed Ferindand, but as someone else said, what has he to show for it and it's true. He totally wasted the Eze money. It's all gone and Dykes was the big but to show for it. Shocking.

Meanwhile Millwall and PNE can continue to compete and Luton get in the Prem, all with less money than QPR had. There really is no excuse.

Absolutely no chance of getting anything for Willock. No interest in him over the past 18 months so why would there be now?

Personally I would value them at...

Paal 750k
Cannon 750k, once he's done a season in a championship.
Sinclair 250k with a sell on clause
Field, maybe 1.5m
Chair, somewhere between 3-5m

Can't see anyone else in the squad commanding a fee.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Sell Chair on 11:26 - Dec 28 with 464 viewsWatford_Ranger

Sell Chair on 10:42 - Dec 28 by Ned_Kennedys

Provisional squad is 55 players, 27 will be in final squad.
Be very surprised if Chair gets in.

He didn’t, at least for now. Our chances of staying up go from none to slim.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024