Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Denmark ๐Ÿ‡ฉ๐Ÿ‡ฐ v England ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ Match Thread 10:51 - Jun 17 with 16411 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

The Danes hate to see it (3 points) leave
Denmark ๐Ÿ‡ฉ๐Ÿ‡ฐ v England ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ Match Thread on 21:25 - Jun 20 with 2011 viewsSteveB

Denmark ๐Ÿ‡ฉ๐Ÿ‡ฐ v England ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ Match Thread on 21:05 - Jun 20 by daveB

such a poor performance, tone was set from first minute sloppy passes kept giving it away. Rice had his worst game for England, Bellingham also really poor. Kane was getting pelters on the BBC, thought he was poor but they were well over the top about him.

Nice to see Eze get on but he was as bad as the rest of them, as much as I love Eze I do think we made a mistake not taking Grealish.

Set up of the team just looks wrong, no balance to that midfield and our best players all want to play in the same spaces. Has World Cup 2006 vibes with some great individuals but not a good team.

England best chance imo, is to put pace out wide running in behind Kane as they did in the last Euros and stick Wharton in alongside Bellingham and Rice.

Agree Dave,

One thing though with regards to Eze, he is a confidence player, who grows into games. He has never been an impact Sub. You need to start him and let him play, then withdraw him if it's not working.

Giving him 21 mins? Piss poor management.

Grealish should be out there though, now that is an impact Sub.
Denmark ๐Ÿ‡ฉ๐Ÿ‡ฐ v England ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ Match Thread on 21:27 - Jun 20 with 1994 viewsdaveB

Denmark ๐Ÿ‡ฉ๐Ÿ‡ฐ v England ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ Match Thread on 21:25 - Jun 20 by SteveB

Agree Dave,

One thing though with regards to Eze, he is a confidence player, who grows into games. He has never been an impact Sub. You need to start him and let him play, then withdraw him if it's not working.

Giving him 21 mins? Piss poor management.

Grealish should be out there though, now that is an impact Sub.

He's never going to start ahead of Foden though unless he makes an impact off the bench, lets not make excuses for him
Denmark ๐Ÿ‡ฉ๐Ÿ‡ฐ v England ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ Match Thread on 21:42 - Jun 20 with 1890 viewsderbyhoop

Guehi was OK and Walker and Saka offered som threat down the RHS. Foden was a touch better than game #1. The rest were well below par.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all oneรขโ‚ฌโ„ขs lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Denmark ๐Ÿ‡ฉ๐Ÿ‡ฐ v England ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ Match Thread on 21:45 - Jun 20 with 1876 viewseastside_r

Denmark ๐Ÿ‡ฉ๐Ÿ‡ฐ v England ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ Match Thread on 19:56 - Jun 20 by MedwayR

100% this. Bellingham has to put his ego aside, his performances have never justified the hype. Every time he got the ball tonight he lost it then sat on the floor looking at the ref for a sympathy foul, this isn't Real Madrid with their La Liga referees! He needs to drop back alongside Rice and put in a lot more effort than he has so far this tournament, he's not the star that his agent/management team are making him out to be.

Agree with this.

Apparently 8 is going to be his position for RM next season with Mbappe incoming. Ancelotti is a strong and respected manager and Bellingham will fall in with his views.

Not sure that Southgate commands the same respect.
Denmark ๐Ÿ‡ฉ๐Ÿ‡ฐ v England ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ Match Thread on 21:47 - Jun 20 with 1867 viewsDorse

Not sure we're very good. Bit un-good really, based on tonight's game.

Would like to see us just pick players in their actual positions. Trent? Great, just not in midfield. Foden? Absolutely, just not out wide. I mean, you wouldn't expect Kane to do a job at fullback, for crying out loud. We have players for the positions - play them and have the testicular fortitude to drop people who need dropping.

Shouldn't be that hard, right? Look, I know the thick end of fck all divided by six but even I can see that a square peg isn't a decent fit in a round hole. Or, indeed, a butt hole. Apparently.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Denmark ๐Ÿ‡ฉ๐Ÿ‡ฐ v England ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ Match Thread on 21:48 - Jun 20 with 1847 viewsSteveB

Denmark ๐Ÿ‡ฉ๐Ÿ‡ฐ v England ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ Match Thread on 21:27 - Jun 20 by daveB

He's never going to start ahead of Foden though unless he makes an impact off the bench, lets not make excuses for him

Nope, not under this Manager. Waste of time playing Foden where he is starting though....
Denmark ๐Ÿ‡ฉ๐Ÿ‡ฐ v England ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ Match Thread on 21:53 - Jun 20 with 1828 viewsdaveB

Denmark ๐Ÿ‡ฉ๐Ÿ‡ฐ v England ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ Match Thread on 21:48 - Jun 20 by SteveB

Nope, not under this Manager. Waste of time playing Foden where he is starting though....

You play him there or he doesn't play at all really. Thought he was better today than Sunday but the clamour for him to play in the middle is pretty much where he is playing most of the time and leaves us with no threat at all on the left

[Post edited 20 Jun 21:54]
Denmark ๐Ÿ‡ฉ๐Ÿ‡ฐ v England ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ Match Thread on 22:01 - Jun 20 with 1776 viewsMrSheen

Denmark ๐Ÿ‡ฉ๐Ÿ‡ฐ v England ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ Match Thread on 21:42 - Jun 20 by derbyhoop

Guehi was OK and Walker and Saka offered som threat down the RHS. Foden was a touch better than game #1. The rest were well below par.

Guehi, Walker and Pickford OK. The rest?
Login to get fewer ads

Denmark ๐Ÿ‡ฉ๐Ÿ‡ฐ v England ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ Match Thread on 22:03 - Jun 20 with 1765 viewsNorthernr

Whatever the whys, wherefores, who's to blame... it's boring. We're boring. Fantastic tournament so far, some terrific games, goals going in from all sorts of angles. And then here we come, Geoff Boycott, straight batt, very, very, very, very slowly backwards and sideways, rainbowing around the oppo final third. Artery hardening stodge.

Maybe it'll win the tournament this time. But fck me we are an attritional watch.
Denmark ๐Ÿ‡ฉ๐Ÿ‡ฐ v England ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ Match Thread on 22:04 - Jun 20 with 1760 viewsTW_R

Denmark ๐Ÿ‡ฉ๐Ÿ‡ฐ v England ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ Match Thread on 22:06 - Jun 20 with 1737 viewslassel

Denmark ๐Ÿ‡ฉ๐Ÿ‡ฐ v England ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ Match Thread on 20:59 - Jun 20 by daveB

It is a problem with Phillips falling off a cliff and Henderson as well trying to get the right balance in midfield. Was well worth trying Trent but it hasn't worked, Wharton is probably the answer or Mainoo but to be honest I don't think any of the options are perfect.

The answer is pretty simple - you play Rice as the โ€˜6โ€™, you have a stern talk with Bellingham and tell him to put his ego aside and his country first as the โ€˜8โ€™ and Foden as the โ€˜10โ€™ with 2 proper wingers.
Denmark ๐Ÿ‡ฉ๐Ÿ‡ฐ v England ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ Match Thread on 22:09 - Jun 20 with 1715 viewsJamesB1979

Think itโ€™s embarrassing to turn up at a major tournament and for our manager to say heโ€™s experimenting with a guy in central midfield.
Denmark ๐Ÿ‡ฉ๐Ÿ‡ฐ v England ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ Match Thread on 22:10 - Jun 20 with 1713 viewsdaveB

Denmark ๐Ÿ‡ฉ๐Ÿ‡ฐ v England ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ Match Thread on 22:06 - Jun 20 by lassel

The answer is pretty simple - you play Rice as the โ€˜6โ€™, you have a stern talk with Bellingham and tell him to put his ego aside and his country first as the โ€˜8โ€™ and Foden as the โ€˜10โ€™ with 2 proper wingers.

I think that would be better but still don't think the balance of the midfield is right doing that from the start, would be something I look to do during the game and start it with a bit more control. I'd go with Wharton in for Trent and Gordon for Foden. You then use Foden or Palmer off the bench
Denmark ๐Ÿ‡ฉ๐Ÿ‡ฐ v England ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ Match Thread on 22:27 - Jun 20 with 1627 viewsstainrods_elbow

Denmark ๐Ÿ‡ฉ๐Ÿ‡ฐ v England ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ Match Thread on 20:09 - Jun 20 by paulparker

I said before that Eze wasnโ€™t international class and he was really poor when he came on
Got lucky about 3 times when the ref gave free kicks after he lost the ball in dangerous areas

If Eze isn't international class, then no England player - bar Kane and possibly Bellingham - is!
[Post edited 21 Jun 20:26]

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Denmark ๐Ÿ‡ฉ๐Ÿ‡ฐ v England ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ Match Thread on 22:49 - Jun 20 with 1560 viewsParkRoyalR

I actually thought in the 25 minutes he was on Eze showed 2 or 3 moments of real progressive play which I hadn't seen in first 45mins, a little unfortunate the excellent dribble towards the end didn't open up a shot on goal.
Denmark ๐Ÿ‡ฉ๐Ÿ‡ฐ v England ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ Match Thread on 22:57 - Jun 20 with 1534 viewsjoe90

Denmark ๐Ÿ‡ฉ๐Ÿ‡ฐ v England ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ Match Thread on 19:56 - Jun 20 by MedwayR

100% this. Bellingham has to put his ego aside, his performances have never justified the hype. Every time he got the ball tonight he lost it then sat on the floor looking at the ref for a sympathy foul, this isn't Real Madrid with their La Liga referees! He needs to drop back alongside Rice and put in a lot more effort than he has so far this tournament, he's not the star that his agent/management team are making him out to be.

Bellingham was clearly the best England player against Serbia and was box to box. Yeah, he had a stinker tonight, but so did the rest of the team.
Denmark ๐Ÿ‡ฉ๐Ÿ‡ฐ v England ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ Match Thread on 23:02 - Jun 20 with 1514 viewsHunterhoop

Denmark ๐Ÿ‡ฉ๐Ÿ‡ฐ v England ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ Match Thread on 22:06 - Jun 20 by lassel

Agree. Itโ€™s blindingly obvious. And what some of us have been calling for since before the squads were named. Every football-going fan I know who Iโ€™ve conversed with thinks the same. Bellingham at 8, Foden at 10, Eze/Gordon on the left, Saka on the right, Rice holding.

However, itโ€™s clear that Southgate is going to die on the hill of the double pivot. Even if it means playing one of your top players out of position and playing a very young lad or a right back as the other deep lying midfielder.

One thing I would say from today, that perhaps isnโ€™t getting enough comment/critique is the back 4. They spent the entire game at least 5, if not 10, yards too deep. It was inexplicable, especially when you have the pace of Guehi and Walker in that back line. That meant back to front we were far too spaced out. This makes the press much harder and higher risk (everyone has to cover more ground), but in possession it also means youโ€™re playing longer passes through the lines, which is much harder, and you have more ground to cover with forward runs to get in support.

Countless times there was no urgency to push out and get up the pitch. Iโ€™m a fan of his but Stones is not at the races. He has to command that back line and get them up the pitch. I donโ€™t understand why Southgate wasnโ€™t bawling at them all game to push up.
Denmark ๐Ÿ‡ฉ๐Ÿ‡ฐ v England ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ Match Thread on 23:19 - Jun 20 with 1473 viewsStainrod

Denmark ๐Ÿ‡ฉ๐Ÿ‡ฐ v England ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ Match Thread on 22:03 - Jun 20 by Northernr

Whatever the whys, wherefores, who's to blame... it's boring. We're boring. Fantastic tournament so far, some terrific games, goals going in from all sorts of angles. And then here we come, Geoff Boycott, straight batt, very, very, very, very slowly backwards and sideways, rainbowing around the oppo final third. Artery hardening stodge.

Maybe it'll win the tournament this time. But fck me we are an attritional watch.

No problem with attritional. Some of the most cynical sides in world football have won tournaments. But we canโ€™t complete a 5-yard-pass. Was laughing at Scotlandโ€™s 1980s comedy Championship tribute act last night putting balls out for soft corners etc because they couldnโ€™t do the basics of passing out for the back. But we looked bereft. Southgate will get abuse - and after his complacent response to our first match rightly so - but there is something rotten in the state of England and the Denmark match highlighted that. That was QPR away to Millwall bad.

What I canโ€™t work out is whether a) this group of players is monumentally over rated or b) playing for England makes anyone crap.
Denmark ๐Ÿ‡ฉ๐Ÿ‡ฐ v England ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ Match Thread on 00:07 - Jun 21 with 1374 viewsNed_Kennedys

Denmark ๐Ÿ‡ฉ๐Ÿ‡ฐ v England ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ Match Thread on 23:19 - Jun 20 by Stainrod

No problem with attritional. Some of the most cynical sides in world football have won tournaments. But we canโ€™t complete a 5-yard-pass. Was laughing at Scotlandโ€™s 1980s comedy Championship tribute act last night putting balls out for soft corners etc because they couldnโ€™t do the basics of passing out for the back. But we looked bereft. Southgate will get abuse - and after his complacent response to our first match rightly so - but there is something rotten in the state of England and the Denmark match highlighted that. That was QPR away to Millwall bad.

What I canโ€™t work out is whether a) this group of players is monumentally over rated or b) playing for England makes anyone crap.

Or c) the manager is tactically too weak at this level.
Denmark ๐Ÿ‡ฉ๐Ÿ‡ฐ v England ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ Match Thread on 00:16 - Jun 21 with 1360 views1JD

The problem is Rice is not a number 6. He canโ€™t play out, heโ€™s a crab footballer. 105m for half a centre mid. So you put him at 8, where he plays for Arsenal for the last third of the season, because theyโ€™d figured that out also, Jorginho at 6. But Rice doesnโ€™t get in at 8 - thatโ€™s Bellingham.

Wharton 6, Bellingham 8, Foden 10. Perfect balance and stocked with pure quality.
[Post edited 21 Jun 0:16]
Denmark ๐Ÿ‡ฉ๐Ÿ‡ฐ v England ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ Match Thread on 00:41 - Jun 21 with 1325 viewsSydneyRs

Denmark ๐Ÿ‡ฉ๐Ÿ‡ฐ v England ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ Match Thread on 22:03 - Jun 20 by Northernr

We were last time too but still nearly won it.

I've often defended Southgate as he has done a lot of good things in his time in the job. He's great with media (no easy task for an England boss) and clearly the players have loved being a part of his squads.

However, we seem to have come into this tournament with no idea what the best line up is and no system. We'll get maybe two more games unless this vastly improves and quickly. Its unforgiveable to look this clueless with the talent available.

That said it still took a worldie from Denmark to score despite how awful were were and plenty of teams have gone on to have good tournaments after being poor in the group stage. We'll see though, I have little confidence right now.

Also, why do we always look so bloody tired?
[Post edited 21 Jun 0:43]
Denmark ๐Ÿ‡ฉ๐Ÿ‡ฐ v England ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ Match Thread on 07:13 - Jun 21 with 1002 viewsdaveB

Denmark ๐Ÿ‡ฉ๐Ÿ‡ฐ v England ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ Match Thread on 00:07 - Jun 21 by Ned_Kennedys

Or c) the manager is tactically too weak at this level.

are tactics to blame for players not making simple 5 yard passes and not moving off the ball? It's a joint thing for me, Southgate has got the balance of the team wrong and needs to very quickly sort that out, he has to make some very ruthless and unpopular decisions in the next few days.

It's an England of 2006 squad at the moment, very good players individually but not a good team.

I look at that first 30 mins v Serbia how high up the pitch we played and how good we looked, the players have to be brave enough to keep doing that and they are collectively shitting themselves under the pressure
Denmark ๐Ÿ‡ฉ๐Ÿ‡ฐ v England ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ Match Thread on 07:38 - Jun 21 with 930 viewsJamesB1979

Denmark ๐Ÿ‡ฉ๐Ÿ‡ฐ v England ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ Match Thread on 07:13 - Jun 21 by daveB

are tactics to blame for players not making simple 5 yard passes and not moving off the ball? It's a joint thing for me, Southgate has got the balance of the team wrong and needs to very quickly sort that out, he has to make some very ruthless and unpopular decisions in the next few days.

It's an England of 2006 squad at the moment, very good players individually but not a good team.

I look at that first 30 mins v Serbia how high up the pitch we played and how good we looked, the players have to be brave enough to keep doing that and they are collectively shitting themselves under the pressure

You donโ€™t think that first 30 minutes was more down to Serbia showing us too much respect and giving us too much time on the ball. Weโ€™ve looked ordinary when sides have pressed us.
Denmark ๐Ÿ‡ฉ๐Ÿ‡ฐ v England ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ Match Thread on 07:51 - Jun 21 with 881 viewsdaveB

Denmark ๐Ÿ‡ฉ๐Ÿ‡ฐ v England ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ Match Thread on 07:38 - Jun 21 by JamesB1979

You donโ€™t think that first 30 minutes was more down to Serbia showing us too much respect and giving us too much time on the ball. Weโ€™ve looked ordinary when sides have pressed us.

quite possibly but we did play well in that spell and it was more the intent of what we were trying to do that I liked about it, we haven't seen that since and it's been a horrible watch
Denmark ๐Ÿ‡ฉ๐Ÿ‡ฐ v England ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ Match Thread on 08:10 - Jun 21 with 818 viewsconnell10

Im not making excuses for England but that pitch was awful! I know Denmark played okish but it made for a awful game!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024