| Tiago Parente 18:16 - Aug 3 with 9099 views | Landore_Jack | Swansea City is pleased to announce the signing of defender Tiago Parente on a season-long loan from Benfica, subject to the relevant clearance. The deal also includes an option to buy the Portugal age-grade international, who has come through the academy ranks at Estadio da Luz. The 20-year-old made his senior debut for Benfica in May 2025, and will wear the number 20 shirt in SA1. He watched his new teammates in action during Saturday’s friendly victory over CD Leganes at the Swansea.com Stadium. He will provide cover and competition in the left-back position for the Swans, and could be in contention to be involved in Saturday’s Carabao Cup tie against Birmingham City. [Post edited 3 Aug 18:24]
|  |
| |  |
| Tiago Parente on 22:48 - Aug 3 with 3014 views | Rhonnda_Jack | Also with the high press and intensity we want to play at this squad is starting to take shape nicely. Let the good times roll come on new season lets be having you. Ross Stewart in ? we are 2/1 for a top 8 finish. Only one observation of this move was it a part of VIPs move to them? As they were touted a few months ago. |  |
|  |
| Tiago Parente on 05:44 - Aug 4 with 2712 views | Whiterockin |
| Tiago Parente on 22:48 - Aug 3 by Rhonnda_Jack | Also with the high press and intensity we want to play at this squad is starting to take shape nicely. Let the good times roll come on new season lets be having you. Ross Stewart in ? we are 2/1 for a top 8 finish. Only one observation of this move was it a part of VIPs move to them? As they were touted a few months ago. |
Stewart is a free agent so why would it be part of a move the other way. Unless you mean Parente and I doubt a loan has an impact on a £20M ish sale. [Post edited 4 Aug 5:47]
|  | |  |
| Tiago Parente on 16:12 - Aug 4 with 2199 views | JJBomber |
| Tiago Parente on 18:25 - Aug 3 by KeithHaynes | Option to buy too 👍 |
If Tymon goes to Hull, we've got it covered. If not, we can rent for a year and see. |  | |  |
| Tiago Parente on 17:53 - Aug 4 with 2062 views | Rhonnda_Jack |
| Tiago Parente on 05:44 - Aug 4 by Whiterockin | Stewart is a free agent so why would it be part of a move the other way. Unless you mean Parente and I doubt a loan has an impact on a £20M ish sale. [Post edited 4 Aug 5:47]
|
Parente’s loan is clear enough, and Benfica were reportedly linked to Vip. If we’ve been in talks with them about the Vip move, this loan-to-buy deal might have been a bit of a sweetener for us. At least we now know there’s been contact. The move will happen this summer—he’s going to leave—so I hope the club stands firm and waits for the right offer. If Carl Rushworth is valued north of 20 million, then Vip should be worth at least 25 million. The idea of selling him to West Ham is wild, especially with Bowen staying; I really don’t want them getting Vip, as that would make West Ham strong contenders for the title. |  |
|  |
| Tiago Parente on 17:59 - Aug 4 with 2023 views | Whiterockin |
| Tiago Parente on 17:53 - Aug 4 by Rhonnda_Jack | Parente’s loan is clear enough, and Benfica were reportedly linked to Vip. If we’ve been in talks with them about the Vip move, this loan-to-buy deal might have been a bit of a sweetener for us. At least we now know there’s been contact. The move will happen this summer—he’s going to leave—so I hope the club stands firm and waits for the right offer. If Carl Rushworth is valued north of 20 million, then Vip should be worth at least 25 million. The idea of selling him to West Ham is wild, especially with Bowen staying; I really don’t want them getting Vip, as that would make West Ham strong contenders for the title. |
I have a feeling Vipotnik will go for less than some are expecting, purely because the competition doesn't seem to be there to buy him. We could keep him but are we planning to be without him. |  | |  |
| Tiago Parente on 18:06 - Aug 4 with 2004 views | raynor94 |
| Tiago Parente on 17:53 - Aug 4 by Rhonnda_Jack | Parente’s loan is clear enough, and Benfica were reportedly linked to Vip. If we’ve been in talks with them about the Vip move, this loan-to-buy deal might have been a bit of a sweetener for us. At least we now know there’s been contact. The move will happen this summer—he’s going to leave—so I hope the club stands firm and waits for the right offer. If Carl Rushworth is valued north of 20 million, then Vip should be worth at least 25 million. The idea of selling him to West Ham is wild, especially with Bowen staying; I really don’t want them getting Vip, as that would make West Ham strong contenders for the title. |
You can't compare a keeper to a striker I'd be amazed if we can get £25 million but saying that I'd certainly not turn it down |  |
|  |
| Tiago Parente on 11:20 - Aug 6 with 1614 views | Daggyjack |
| Tiago Parente on 17:59 - Aug 4 by Whiterockin | I have a feeling Vipotnik will go for less than some are expecting, purely because the competition doesn't seem to be there to buy him. We could keep him but are we planning to be without him. |
If clubs don't reach our value of Vipi, he stays. He seems content, happy with Swansea and a fair bloke, in stark comparison to Galbraith. |  | |  | Login to get fewer ads
| Tiago Parente on 12:16 - Aug 6 with 1531 views | KeithHaynes |
| Tiago Parente on 17:53 - Aug 4 by Rhonnda_Jack | Parente’s loan is clear enough, and Benfica were reportedly linked to Vip. If we’ve been in talks with them about the Vip move, this loan-to-buy deal might have been a bit of a sweetener for us. At least we now know there’s been contact. The move will happen this summer—he’s going to leave—so I hope the club stands firm and waits for the right offer. If Carl Rushworth is valued north of 20 million, then Vip should be worth at least 25 million. The idea of selling him to West Ham is wild, especially with Bowen staying; I really don’t want them getting Vip, as that would make West Ham strong contenders for the title. |
Nit sure about Benfica, Sporting yes but I think Benfica was Twitter chat. |  |
|  |
| Tiago Parente on 12:56 - Aug 6 with 1464 views | Whiterockin |
| Tiago Parente on 11:20 - Aug 6 by Daggyjack | If clubs don't reach our value of Vipi, he stays. He seems content, happy with Swansea and a fair bloke, in stark comparison to Galbraith. |
After hearing Gorringe last night I agree, prior to that I thought we would need to sell to cover our expenditure. |  | |  |
| Tiago Parente on 16:48 - Aug 6 with 1301 views | union_jack |
| Tiago Parente on 12:56 - Aug 6 by Whiterockin | After hearing Gorringe last night I agree, prior to that I thought we would need to sell to cover our expenditure. |
I don’t want to doubt what was said last night but do you think there’s any mileage in them being a little bit misleading, saying we don’t need to sell publicly so that other clubs may have to make more realistic offers??? Could be mind games, could be true. |  |
|  |
| Tiago Parente on 16:56 - Aug 6 with 1290 views | max936 |
| Tiago Parente on 16:48 - Aug 6 by union_jack | I don’t want to doubt what was said last night but do you think there’s any mileage in them being a little bit misleading, saying we don’t need to sell publicly so that other clubs may have to make more realistic offers??? Could be mind games, could be true. |
Smoke and mirrors has been around in life for longer than I can remember and moreso in sport, the truth is somewhere in the middle give or take. That's my lesson for the day over, unless you want to subscribe to my pay pal account [rof]l |  | |  |
| Tiago Parente on 17:20 - Aug 6 with 1257 views | union_jack |
| Tiago Parente on 16:56 - Aug 6 by max936 | Smoke and mirrors has been around in life for longer than I can remember and moreso in sport, the truth is somewhere in the middle give or take. That's my lesson for the day over, unless you want to subscribe to my pay pal account [rof]l |
Send me your PayPal details so I can log in and you won’t be disappointed🤣🤣🤣 |  |
|  |
| |