Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Liverpool 17:48 - Aug 4 with 10568 viewsDaleaholic

Appears we may be playing Liverpool tomorrow...? Behind closed doors or part of the 'fun day'?

Tweet from George Donnelly:
"Can't wait to play Liverpool tomorrow!☺⚽Gonna be running & defending for non stop 90mins! Gonna be hard but what a experience!"

Poll: What should happen with the 'Bowlee fund' money?

Liverpool on 20:36 - Aug 4 with 1604 viewsSalwaDale

Two very separate issues.

1) John Coleman is entitled to pick whichever players/matches/training sessions he sees fit. It is his job to get the team ready, not look after the fans.

2) Part of the club's role is to look after the fans. It is probably time they started doing this a little better.

TBBT

Liverpool on 20:37 - Aug 4 with 1576 viewsolympicdale

Liverpool on 20:25 - Aug 4 by SteTsGoldenBoot

With seeing so little of our first team, would anyone know who half of them were if they did turn up to the fun day?

I'm just really worried OD, i'm sure sweetcorn will tell be to get a grip or something as i'm an idiot, but I feel our 2300 die hards has become 2000 and could soon become 1600 if we dont get some good news or at least seem to matter, soon.

I'd be really happy with 10th or above, a decent home record and some young lads coming through, which we may well get.

Once the season starts i'm hopeful it will be ok, but i'm just not feeling it somehow.

I think the only one you would recognise from afar would be, Brian 'mark webber' Barry-Murphy, rest of them you'd be struggling

I think today will be billed as a last straw by many fans, at the penultimate friendly, people forking out maybe £40/50 to watch, again a bunch of trialists/kids, who wont get near the first team, the silence from the top is deafening, theres only so long you can fcuk with the fans before they start thinking f this and just not bother.

Dale fans have been/are very loyal, i think we will still pull in the core 2000, once the season starts, the excitement always builds, as a fresh start, and a decent couple of wins in the first month will hopefully bring the feel good factor back.

Life is a game of fate.

Liverpool on 20:37 - Aug 4 with 1574 viewsColDale

Liverpool on 20:25 - Aug 4 by SteTsGoldenBoot

With seeing so little of our first team, would anyone know who half of them were if they did turn up to the fun day?

I'm just really worried OD, i'm sure sweetcorn will tell be to get a grip or something as i'm an idiot, but I feel our 2300 die hards has become 2000 and could soon become 1600 if we dont get some good news or at least seem to matter, soon.

I'd be really happy with 10th or above, a decent home record and some young lads coming through, which we may well get.

Once the season starts i'm hopeful it will be ok, but i'm just not feeling it somehow.

I'd be happy with that finish too. What has impressed me is that whilst he's put a new defence together, there's 2 or 3 lads in defence that have been signed that are there for the future.

There's clearly concerns, notably up front, and again like yourself, the signings of Edwards on Friday sounded very much like a one in one out approach, which could also be argued with the signing of Pearson following Jordan's departure. Common sense says to me that Coleman is operating well below his budget level so that there should be plenty of funds still available to strengthen, but the one in one out signings have left me a little worried that too much of the budget has been used up clearing the decks.

But what reassures me is that Coleman is no idiot and has proved over many years that he knows what he is doing. Perhaps he's being too frugal with his money due to years where breaking the bank was breaking into a note with a zero on the end. I think he's set his heart on getting Bobby Grant which could go either way.
Liverpool on 20:40 - Aug 4 with 1559 views442Dale

Liverpool on 20:36 - Aug 4 by SalwaDale

Two very separate issues.

1) John Coleman is entitled to pick whichever players/matches/training sessions he sees fit. It is his job to get the team ready, not look after the fans.

2) Part of the club's role is to look after the fans. It is probably time they started doing this a little better.

A little better? That's being nice!

The biggest worry is that they don't even realise there's a problem.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Liverpool on 20:43 - Aug 4 with 1548 viewsSalwaDale

Liverpool on 20:40 - Aug 4 by 442Dale

A little better? That's being nice!

The biggest worry is that they don't even realise there's a problem.

They must realise, surely?

TBBT

Liverpool on 20:51 - Aug 4 with 1518 viewsolympicdale

Liverpool on 20:34 - Aug 4 by TalkingSutty

10 30 am

yea jus seen on Donnellys twitter feed, early start for a game that.

Life is a game of fate.

Liverpool on 20:52 - Aug 4 with 1521 viewsSteTsGoldenBoot

Liverpool on 20:37 - Aug 4 by ColDale

I'd be happy with that finish too. What has impressed me is that whilst he's put a new defence together, there's 2 or 3 lads in defence that have been signed that are there for the future.

There's clearly concerns, notably up front, and again like yourself, the signings of Edwards on Friday sounded very much like a one in one out approach, which could also be argued with the signing of Pearson following Jordan's departure. Common sense says to me that Coleman is operating well below his budget level so that there should be plenty of funds still available to strengthen, but the one in one out signings have left me a little worried that too much of the budget has been used up clearing the decks.

But what reassures me is that Coleman is no idiot and has proved over many years that he knows what he is doing. Perhaps he's being too frugal with his money due to years where breaking the bank was breaking into a note with a zero on the end. I think he's set his heart on getting Bobby Grant which could go either way.

I agree with most of that Col and I think JC is the perfect manager for where we are now.

Perhaps its that fact that we've fallen down the food chain a little bit, that i'm finding hard to take, a bit of football snobery creeping in!

I'm sure JC knows that forwards cost that little bit extra, and his prudence now will enable him to get his man/men in a week or two.

Everything thats been, has past. The answers in the looking glass!

Liverpool on 20:54 - Aug 4 with 1514 viewsrafc1977

As somebody else has already posted we are due to play Liverpool tomorrow am and the team be back for the open training (warm down session). The 1st team will play Burnley on Tuesday, the thought process was the trialists/kids today, 1st team tomorrow, trialists/kids v Liverpool U21's Monday, then 1st team again Tuesday giving both sides 180 minutes football.

Please dont take this as gospel, just what I was told.
Login to get fewer ads

Liverpool on 20:59 - Aug 4 with 1501 viewsolympicdale

Liverpool on 20:52 - Aug 4 by SteTsGoldenBoot

I agree with most of that Col and I think JC is the perfect manager for where we are now.

Perhaps its that fact that we've fallen down the food chain a little bit, that i'm finding hard to take, a bit of football snobery creeping in!

I'm sure JC knows that forwards cost that little bit extra, and his prudence now will enable him to get his man/men in a week or two.

I think its okay to feel a lil snobby, we all feel very aggrieved we're back so soon, especially as we feel it could easily have been prevented, we feel we're back too early, but there isnt anything wrong with being a little snobby about being back in L2.

Life is a game of fate.

Liverpool on 21:03 - Aug 4 with 1492 views442Dale

Liverpool on 20:54 - Aug 4 by rafc1977

As somebody else has already posted we are due to play Liverpool tomorrow am and the team be back for the open training (warm down session). The 1st team will play Burnley on Tuesday, the thought process was the trialists/kids today, 1st team tomorrow, trialists/kids v Liverpool U21's Monday, then 1st team again Tuesday giving both sides 180 minutes football.

Please dont take this as gospel, just what I was told.

Makes sense, and would have been very easy to have communicated all that whenever these games were arranged.

Liverpool on 21:15 - Aug 4 with 1472 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Liverpool on 21:03 - Aug 4 by 442Dale

Makes sense, and would have been very easy to have communicated all that whenever these games were arranged.

Currently feel like we are back in the 90's with a club shop in a portacabin and team and management to match. I am rapidly falling out of love with the way things have been handled from the official site to how fans are treated.

I used to go everywhere watching the team but dont have the inclination any more - you just get the impression not enough people running the club give a shit - or maybe they dont have a clue about P.R.

The whole set up is a bit of a joke currently - squad aside - which is not looking good - and everyone I speak to feels negative about everything.

The club needs to invest 30k or so to get some proper marketing management involved and someone to really push the club - Its such a bloody waste its untrue.

50 more fans a week would basically pay the wage and any more than that is a profit - if C.D. does read this he should take note and do something about it!!!!!

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Liverpool on 21:37 - Aug 4 with 1449 views442Dale

Liverpool on 21:15 - Aug 4 by Thacks_Rabbits

Currently feel like we are back in the 90's with a club shop in a portacabin and team and management to match. I am rapidly falling out of love with the way things have been handled from the official site to how fans are treated.

I used to go everywhere watching the team but dont have the inclination any more - you just get the impression not enough people running the club give a shit - or maybe they dont have a clue about P.R.

The whole set up is a bit of a joke currently - squad aside - which is not looking good - and everyone I speak to feels negative about everything.

The club needs to invest 30k or so to get some proper marketing management involved and someone to really push the club - Its such a bloody waste its untrue.

50 more fans a week would basically pay the wage and any more than that is a profit - if C.D. does read this he should take note and do something about it!!!!!

re. This messageboard: you'd like to think that the board at Spotland and club staff make use of such a good customer service resource.

Nobody's saying they should read/act on every post, but they have to at least respect the information it gives them on how the fanbase is thinking.

Liverpool on 21:49 - Aug 4 with 1432 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Liverpool on 21:37 - Aug 4 by 442Dale

re. This messageboard: you'd like to think that the board at Spotland and club staff make use of such a good customer service resource.

Nobody's saying they should read/act on every post, but they have to at least respect the information it gives them on how the fanbase is thinking.

Totally agree 442 - I have just been made recundant and would love to kick things into gear - even if part time - Was on far more than I would be paid by Dale but would love to help sort things out - its not hard - just a case of time, effort and organisation.

So many things we are missing out on as a club and adding 1000 to the gates is so easily achieved - just nobody seems to give a toss or do this as a bit of fun because they are loaded - we as fans deserve better and if CD does read this - He is welcome to PM or mail me - I would even work on commission based on increased gate - it is that easy if somebody bloody did something!!!!!

Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Liverpool on 21:58 - Aug 4 with 1420 views442Dale

Liverpool on 21:49 - Aug 4 by Thacks_Rabbits

Totally agree 442 - I have just been made recundant and would love to kick things into gear - even if part time - Was on far more than I would be paid by Dale but would love to help sort things out - its not hard - just a case of time, effort and organisation.

So many things we are missing out on as a club and adding 1000 to the gates is so easily achieved - just nobody seems to give a toss or do this as a bit of fun because they are loaded - we as fans deserve better and if CD does read this - He is welcome to PM or mail me - I would even work on commission based on increased gate - it is that easy if somebody bloody did something!!!!!

Get down there with your cv!

Like you said, it's all about some organisation.

Liverpool on 22:04 - Aug 4 with 1408 viewsolympicdale

Liverpool on 21:37 - Aug 4 by 442Dale

I heard a while back that Hazelhurst reads it, they'd be fools not to, to see the lie of the land. The amount of times suggestions on here are mentioned, then appear on the OS shortly after, suggest that it is monitored.

Life is a game of fate.

Liverpool on 22:14 - Aug 4 with 1358 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Liverpool on 21:58 - Aug 4 by 442Dale

Get down there with your cv!

Like you said, it's all about some organisation.

Its about being bloody motivated and kicking a few that do half a job - Why the hell is there not an online lottery for fans - why is there no twice a season opportunity to play at Spotland vs reserves/fitness needed players, why not get a tie in with a local bakery - and do "Rochdale pies" - Why not get every school in the community to come to Spotland for free - on a rolling basis - with £5 entry for the parent when accompanied - Why not get a sponsor for the pitch cover - Without knocking the guys at the club they have either not thought of it, dont have the skill to do it, or cant be bothered.

Half a bloody job club we seem to be - like in the days when old doors held up the stands!!!!

Liverpool on 23:07 - Aug 4 with 1304 viewsSalwaDale

I really hope this thread is read. We have footballers on trial to see what they can do. That doesn't have to only go for footballers though.

In a twitter stylee #Rabbits in.

TBBT

Liverpool on 23:38 - Aug 4 with 1263 viewsR17ALE

Another depressing thread, so similar to so many since the Centenary season.

Fans are getting very depressed that there are so many people stealing a living out of our football club. The board think everything is ok. They are misguided.

We pour in our love which gets burned at the pyre. Most of us have had enough now, and are questioning whether to carry on. I was pissed off today spending £30 to travel to watch the 2nd string play shite. I did have other things I wanted to do.

A year ago, the Chairman ushered a group of fans to form a Think Tank with a brief to provide the Board with a working document by January 2012. We did, hopeful that this might represent a new dawn.

Fook all has come from that.

The prophets of doom (castigated at the time) from 2007 are sadly being proven right.

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Liverpool on 23:41 - Aug 4 with 1260 viewsSalwaDale

Liverpool on 23:38 - Aug 4 by R17ALE

Fans are getting very depressed that there are so many people stealing a living out of our football club. The board think everything is ok. They are misguided.

We pour in our love which gets burned at the pyre. Most of us have had enough now, and are questioning whether to carry on. I was pissed off today spending £30 to travel to watch the 2nd string play shite. I did have other things I wanted to do.

A year ago, the Chairman ushered a group of fans to form a Think Tank with a brief to provide the Board with a working document by January 2012. We did, hopeful that this might represent a new dawn.

The prophets of doom (castigated at the time) from 2007 are sadly being proven right.

If things really are getting that bad (and I don't doubt they are) then it appears the message is clear, sort it out now.

Been a long time since Dale fans turned against the board but it does look like it is beginning to happen now. I really hope it is dealt with before some real damage is done.

TBBT

Liverpool on 23:50 - Aug 4 with 1246 views442Dale

Liverpool on 23:41 - Aug 4 by SalwaDale

If things really are getting that bad (and I don't doubt they are) then it appears the message is clear, sort it out now.

Been a long time since Dale fans turned against the board but it does look like it is beginning to happen now. I really hope it is dealt with before some real damage is done.

And despite all the criticism there are still so many fans willing to provide ideas and help. A lot of them do so merely by posting on here, and that really is enough.

It's up to whoever if that is then turned into a positive. Amazingly, you get the impression those same fans are not viewed as real attributes to the football club.

Liverpool on 01:28 - Aug 5 with 1204 viewspl56

So depressingly sad to read that .

The club presently appears to have little in the way of communications or marketing strategy , and when fans like you put in effort to produce better , it really is disheartening when no positive feedback comes of it .

I really do depair at present that the gulf emerging between the Board and the everyday fan in terms of effective two-way communication is becoming too wide to bridge easily . The quality of teams put out in friendly games , and lack of news re planned areas for strengthening the team (bearing in mind the Chairman's oft quoted reference to a "war chest" is disillusioning and will , I feel , have a seious detrimental impact on gates and revenue in at least the early part of the coming season .

The way things are going , looking at our management team , I think they will be operating on par with Accy Stanley soon , rather than at the anticipated higher level , albeit in the same division .
Liverpool on 02:34 - Aug 5 with 1189 viewsolympicdale

I just cant believe for one second that a club the size of ours can treat the fans as they seem to be doing. By simply not keeping us updated on whats going on behind the scenes, of what is being done to bring back the relationship between the boardroom and the fan base, because at the moment the two are drifting so far apart. Today will be the last straw for many, turning up expecting close to a first 11, and paying handsomely for the priveledge.

What exactly was this think tank supposed to accomplish, as far as I can see it was just a transparent scheme to give the fans hope the club was willing to listen to ideas, and has slowly been forgotten/not discussed at all, do they really view us as that greater mugs, to just say it to keep us happy.

Hill got us up through nagging and pestering the higher authorities at the club, JC and JB NEED to do this, or the board will gladly sit and stagnate for another 40 years, happy to just turn a profit year after year, while the fan base gets lower, they say they have aspirations to get back up, now is the time to really show it.

Life is a game of fate.

Liverpool on 08:06 - Aug 5 with 1154 viewsrafc1977

Alienating fans once more...surely not? The real sad thing out of this from my pov is that clearly amongst our limited fanbase their are some fans who HAVE been kicking and screaming with knowledge, nous and know-how on how things could be improved around the club.

My have in capitals is because (and I could be very wrong here) the worrying tone of razzles post is why bother? Asked to put a group together and provide ideas for improvement by the man at the top and what has come of if? (if memory serves me right wasn't the doc submitted posted on here, containing numerous ideas for little or no financial outlay)

What is the club afraid of by letting a select few help? I cannot beleive as a business we are not using what is right in front of us.

Are the board worried it lessens their hold on the club?

Are some of our support just too influential that the board actually considers them the enemy?

Are the board really as out of touch as they seem?

Are they actually of the opinion that all is well?

Lots of questions need answering, sadly I don't think we will get the answers. At no other point in my dale supporting life have I felt 'its us against them' team rochdale?...what team rochdale.

Board get a grip, as on this very thread their are some people who have worked tirelessly in the past and present for the love of this club....lose them at your peril. I appreciate that often moans on here are just that (aint that what a football board for football fans is for) but their are also hidden gems of ideas, here's one....

Get in touch with Thacks Rabbits, he/she has got some ideas has offered to help, what possible harm could it do? They might just be able to help.
Liverpool on 10:25 - Aug 5 with 1065 viewsSteTsGoldenBoot

We obviously touched lucky when we appointed Hilcroft, as they didnt only produce the goods on the pitch, they ran the club (apart from the commercial dept) and dragged everyone along with them.

The conveyor belt of talent they produced and the fees we received, made it easy for the commercial team (and R17's post is spot on) and kept the wolf from the door financially.

Any successful business needs a structure, a vision and clear reporting lines/accountability, plus the desire to delight everyone of their loyal paying customers.

Who sets the budgets and targets for the commercial teams, who takes the office staff to task when you dread going in to spend your hard earned money on supporting the club because you will be treated like muck on their shoe?

The derogatory comments from IJ during kick for cash, to embarrass fans who are realising a dream to be on the pitch on a match day, probably highlights the apathy of the club towards fans.

Everything just seems like to much trouble!

I really hope the club starts to not only listen, but to act on the valuable knowledge that the fans are giving them, because we surely cant afford another 14 months of disaster similar to the past 14 months.

Everything thats been, has past. The answers in the looking glass!

Liverpool on 10:35 - Aug 5 with 1046 viewsphomem

The commercial department/projects department has been dire for years, the merchandise choices are dire, online is shocking the whole ethos is wrong. If I remember correctly the shop lost money in the most successful season in recent history.

Add to that the shambolic website which seems mainly to react to stories on here or produce poor quality, poorly written journalism; sometimes it just beggars belief that a professional club can have sections of it run so badly.

I do wonder that the website in particular needs running by a fan who is employed by the club someone who empathises with fans and understands what is wanted
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024