Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Liverpool 17:48 - Aug 4 with 10563 viewsDaleaholic

Appears we may be playing Liverpool tomorrow...? Behind closed doors or part of the 'fun day'?

Tweet from George Donnelly:
"Can't wait to play Liverpool tomorrow!☺⚽Gonna be running & defending for non stop 90mins! Gonna be hard but what a experience!"

Poll: What should happen with the 'Bowlee fund' money?

Liverpool on 13:21 - Aug 5 with 1764 viewsTalkingSutty

Liverpool on 10:35 - Aug 5 by phomem

The commercial department/projects department has been dire for years, the merchandise choices are dire, online is shocking the whole ethos is wrong. If I remember correctly the shop lost money in the most successful season in recent history.

Add to that the shambolic website which seems mainly to react to stories on here or produce poor quality, poorly written journalism; sometimes it just beggars belief that a professional club can have sections of it run so badly.

I do wonder that the website in particular needs running by a fan who is employed by the club someone who empathises with fans and understands what is wanted
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

The club have a big problem because this isnt fickle, fly by night supporters who are getting to the end of their tether its the loyal die hards, that alone should set the alarm bells ringing at the club.

The fans are treated with contempt by everybody associated with the club. They treat us like mugs who just turn up week in week out and hand over money. The management and the players just seem like a bunch of miserable, arrogant individuals, who dont know the meaning of interaction. The way Coleman conducts himself when being interviewed(I cant be bothered with this) is terrible and the person doing the interview is publicaly belittled, it just lacks class and sums up the club as a whole !!

There is one professional thing to come out of the club though and something that the rest of the football league have picked up on and thats our matchday programme, its won numerous awards and something the club and commercial staff should be really proud of (not). It just goes to show what can happen when somebody plans, researches and then puts in the time. Its a shining example and who is responsible for its production ?? A supporter who volunteers a lot of his spare time whilst also doing a full time, demanding job. (sorry for any embarrassment TVOS).

I am another long time fan who is seriously thinking about packing it in once my season ticket runs out, its not about the standard of football (you get used to that), its about the attitudes of the people at the club and the way supporters are treated. Yesterday was a great example, why not announce the day prior to the game " A fringe squad will be travelling to Southport on Saturday, due to a closed doors friendly being arranged at short notice over the same weekend. We apologise to supporters who anticipated watching the full squad ".

Thats forward thinking though and taking your supporters into consideration, obviously too hard to do !! Well turning up for games is going to be " Too hard to do" for a lot of supporters very soon and the only loser will be our club.

The club need to employ a troubleshooter quickly, somebody with a good knowedge of commercial/financial problem solving and somebody who is capable of motivating and getting the best out of the staff at his/her disposal. The wage for this person could be financed on a commision basis. Until that happens the club will continue to stagnate at best, but most probably sink !!
Liverpool on 13:30 - Aug 5 with 1741 viewsDaleAwaydayBot

sometimes it works out cheaper to go Wembley to watch England or England Under 21s, England C and the women of course its litttle things like that what i am starting to notice at these types what make you think why i am entering a graveyard when i could be mixing with other fans from around the country infront of a cracking atmosphere i had a nice reality check over summer these GB matches gave me a taste of what atmosphere should be like at football and then there is the closeness between fans whats very unique just hope Rochdale had someone look at these games in Manchester for idea's to move the club forward what origionally attracted me to Spotland instead of the other choices were the atmosphere and everyone knowing everyone

After 3457 forum posts, 11 news comments & 1 match report....The Rochdale Information Robot were Born!!!

Liverpool on 13:33 - Aug 5 with 1728 viewsTalkingSutty

Liverpool on 13:30 - Aug 5 by DaleAwaydayBot

sometimes it works out cheaper to go Wembley to watch England or England Under 21s, England C and the women of course its litttle things like that what i am starting to notice at these types what make you think why i am entering a graveyard when i could be mixing with other fans from around the country infront of a cracking atmosphere i had a nice reality check over summer these GB matches gave me a taste of what atmosphere should be like at football and then there is the closeness between fans whats very unique just hope Rochdale had someone look at these games in Manchester for idea's to move the club forward what origionally attracted me to Spotland instead of the other choices were the atmosphere and everyone knowing everyone

At times Tazzy you come out with some claptrap (dont we all), but i understand what you are getting at with this post.
Going to a match should be a pleasurable experience and you should feel wanted and valued as a customer. That isnt the case at Spotland sad to say !!
Liverpool on 17:45 - Aug 5 with 1584 viewsChaffRAFC

Liverpool on 13:21 - Aug 5 by TalkingSutty

The club have a big problem because this isnt fickle, fly by night supporters who are getting to the end of their tether its the loyal die hards, that alone should set the alarm bells ringing at the club.

The fans are treated with contempt by everybody associated with the club. They treat us like mugs who just turn up week in week out and hand over money. The management and the players just seem like a bunch of miserable, arrogant individuals, who dont know the meaning of interaction. The way Coleman conducts himself when being interviewed(I cant be bothered with this) is terrible and the person doing the interview is publicaly belittled, it just lacks class and sums up the club as a whole !!

There is one professional thing to come out of the club though and something that the rest of the football league have picked up on and thats our matchday programme, its won numerous awards and something the club and commercial staff should be really proud of (not). It just goes to show what can happen when somebody plans, researches and then puts in the time. Its a shining example and who is responsible for its production ?? A supporter who volunteers a lot of his spare time whilst also doing a full time, demanding job. (sorry for any embarrassment TVOS).

I am another long time fan who is seriously thinking about packing it in once my season ticket runs out, its not about the standard of football (you get used to that), its about the attitudes of the people at the club and the way supporters are treated. Yesterday was a great example, why not announce the day prior to the game " A fringe squad will be travelling to Southport on Saturday, due to a closed doors friendly being arranged at short notice over the same weekend. We apologise to supporters who anticipated watching the full squad ".

Thats forward thinking though and taking your supporters into consideration, obviously too hard to do !! Well turning up for games is going to be " Too hard to do" for a lot of supporters very soon and the only loser will be our club.

The club need to employ a troubleshooter quickly, somebody with a good knowedge of commercial/financial problem solving and somebody who is capable of motivating and getting the best out of the staff at his/her disposal. The wage for this person could be financed on a commision basis. Until that happens the club will continue to stagnate at best, but most probably sink !!

TS, that's a fabulous post and 110% spot on. Chris Dunphy really NEEDS to see or hear this on Thursday night. If you don't want to read it out, I implore you to print it and hand it to Chris on Thursday night and make him read it.

I'm completely disillusioned with the football club I've spent 22 years watching and been heavily involved with. I've thought it for some time but it's more apparent than ever before that the club is quite happy to just let the club run itself. There's no urgency to increase revenue in the commercial department. There's no urgency to increase revenue by bringing people through the gates and the way it's being run at the moment is just lazy and this attitude is having an adverse effect on the supporters. We're not stupid and we're not blind, we can see when there's frig all effort being made by the powers that be.

Why is it happening? Well, surely if actual supporters were running things, there would be more urgency and effort put in to make things right? Without singling people out, have things improved since the days of Richard Wild and Les Duckworth? No, they've got an awful lot worse.

It's about time the powers that be opened their bloody eyes and open their bloody ears and listen to what us SUPPORTERS are telling them.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Liverpool on 18:02 - Aug 5 with 1542 viewsDale23years

Liverpool on 17:45 - Aug 5 by ChaffRAFC

TS, that's a fabulous post and 110% spot on. Chris Dunphy really NEEDS to see or hear this on Thursday night. If you don't want to read it out, I implore you to print it and hand it to Chris on Thursday night and make him read it.

I'm completely disillusioned with the football club I've spent 22 years watching and been heavily involved with. I've thought it for some time but it's more apparent than ever before that the club is quite happy to just let the club run itself. There's no urgency to increase revenue in the commercial department. There's no urgency to increase revenue by bringing people through the gates and the way it's being run at the moment is just lazy and this attitude is having an adverse effect on the supporters. We're not stupid and we're not blind, we can see when there's frig all effort being made by the powers that be.

Why is it happening? Well, surely if actual supporters were running things, there would be more urgency and effort put in to make things right? Without singling people out, have things improved since the days of Richard Wild and Les Duckworth? No, they've got an awful lot worse.

It's about time the powers that be opened their bloody eyes and open their bloody ears and listen to what us SUPPORTERS are telling them.

excellent post Chaff. Dunphy owes us big time after fcuking up 4 half years of hard work in one season with your appointments.Club do not give a flying fCUk about the hard work that the trust do/ but let w**kers earn a living of my mind and every hard working paying fan. SO SORTED OUT BEFORE ITS TO LATE

Poll: Renewing your season ticket

Liverpool on 18:10 - Aug 5 with 1521 viewsTalkingSutty

Liverpool on 18:02 - Aug 5 by Dale23years

excellent post Chaff. Dunphy owes us big time after fcuking up 4 half years of hard work in one season with your appointments.Club do not give a flying fCUk about the hard work that the trust do/ but let w**kers earn a living of my mind and every hard working paying fan. SO SORTED OUT BEFORE ITS TO LATE

Dunphy doesnt owe Dale fans anything. I dont know his personal circumstances apart from the fact he has a business outside football to run.
Its obvious he needs some help and some new blood on the board because the club is starting to list in what could soon be, very choppy waters.
Liverpool on 18:24 - Aug 5 with 1477 viewsDale23years

Liverpool on 18:10 - Aug 5 by TalkingSutty

Dunphy doesnt owe Dale fans anything. I dont know his personal circumstances apart from the fact he has a business outside football to run.
Its obvious he needs some help and some new blood on the board because the club is starting to list in what could soon be, very choppy waters.

Dunphys does owe dale fans alots, in fact he owes us Big time he fu ck up all the hard work done in last 5 year
* not taking the think tank seriously
* sitting on his ass were the commerical department did fcuk all during our sucessful period
*Selling cog and not replacing him and still not replaced him
* Letting hornets bleed us dry

shell i go TS

Liverpool on 19:14 - Aug 5 with 1361 viewselectricblue

This is an age old issue and will never go away..
There are many many issues that as a supporter we can see but the club have never ever acted upon it..
You only have to look at Dales centenary season how the club made a loss...WHY..
This is one( should have) where Dalea board should have made ££££'s.
So why didnt they? preparations should have started 24months beforehand.
In fact somebody should have been employed to do this and work with the club and the supporters..
Over the years the club have been quick to ask for help in raising money for covers etc and still nothing as been done..
If i had walked from spotland to accy in the pouring rain and then after collecting the money to help purchase covers and years down the line its not been spent i would feel insulted by the club..
The trust are sitting on money to help with this so why as it not been sorted.
One thing for sure this club know above all else how to alienate its supporters..

Is there a reason why the club act the way they do!....
I dont blame supporters giving it some serious thought about not renewing a season ticket or just picking certain matches to attend if more and more supporters choose to go down this route then the club will cease to exist...

There are to many people at the club set in their ways and from the old school of running a football club and its time they moved on......

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Login to get fewer ads

Liverpool on 19:18 - Aug 5 with 1348 viewsSuddenLad

Liverpool on 18:24 - Aug 5 by Dale23years

Dunphys does owe dale fans alots, in fact he owes us Big time he fu ck up all the hard work done in last 5 year
* sitting on his ass were the commerical department did fcuk all during our sucessful period

shell i go TS

When was it EVER the Chairmans' job to seek to replace players ? The Chairman made it known that if the 'right target' could be identified then the club would do their best to secure the signature of the player involved. When players (or clubs) turn down offers made to them, then no matter what the Chairman intends, it's not his fault. If clubs won't sell, that's our Chairmans' fault is it ?

Chris Dunphy has not sat back and LET Hornets bleed Dale dry. Don't you think he would have done something about it if he were empowered to do so ? What do you suggest he does as an individual then ? Please do tell us. Remember that RAFC is NOT a majority shareholder in the Stadium Company and has no power to vote any motion through simply because of the (idiotic) rules in force.

Who says he didn't take the 'think tank' seriously ?

If you seriously think that CD intentionally and single-handedly destroyed all the success of the previous 5 years hard work you must be crapulous.

Think again.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Liverpool on 19:27 - Aug 5 with 1311 viewsTTNYear

Liverpool on 18:24 - Aug 5 by Dale23years

shell i go TS

Think yer last two points are pretty weak... For the umpteenth time COG wanted to leave and it's not Dunphy's fault that he wasn't replaced surely that's the manager. Dunphy can hardly be blamed for Hornets can he???

The lack of control at club level though is the more worrying aspect. I've never understood that if certain club departments performed like that in their own business, surely they would make heads roll or at the very least ask pertinent questions.

For the record Dunphy I don't think owes us anything. He made a calamitous decision to appoint Eyre which I think he would admit if you spoke to him. He has though overseen the best five years of my Dale watching career and for that he should be applauded. We are lucky that we have a chairman who is a genuine fan and it will hurt him where we are now but on the other hand I do worry about his (and the other directors) grip on the day to day running of the club.... fans were saying this in the centenary season mind you, and frig all has happened even though the balance sheet has shown glaring facts that everything isnt as it appears.

Anti-cliquism is the last refuge of the messageboard scoundrel - Copyright Dorset Dale productions

Liverpool on 19:46 - Aug 5 with 1260 viewsDale23years

Liverpool on 19:27 - Aug 5 by TTNYear

Think yer last two points are pretty weak... For the umpteenth time COG wanted to leave and it's not Dunphy's fault that he wasn't replaced surely that's the manager. Dunphy can hardly be blamed for Hornets can he???

The lack of control at club level though is the more worrying aspect. I've never understood that if certain club departments performed like that in their own business, surely they would make heads roll or at the very least ask pertinent questions.

For the record Dunphy I don't think owes us anything. He made a calamitous decision to appoint Eyre which I think he would admit if you spoke to him. He has though overseen the best five years of my Dale watching career and for that he should be applauded. We are lucky that we have a chairman who is a genuine fan and it will hurt him where we are now but on the other hand I do worry about his (and the other directors) grip on the day to day running of the club.... fans were saying this in the centenary season mind you, and frig all has happened even though the balance sheet has shown glaring facts that everything isnt as it appears.

1, you dont sell your best player without havin a player lined up waiting in the wings, you Dont sell a player who was worth double then the figure we got for him
2, was Dunphys not in charge when hornets went bust oweing us thousands
3, Has dunphy not been in charge while his commerical and marketing departing department let the club down BIG TIME
4,His words saying that he will get the think tink up and running again( may 7 ) still 3 months later still no contract with them
5 i could go on and on but not worth it

Liverpool on 20:03 - Aug 5 with 1235 viewsTTNYear

Liverpool on 19:46 - Aug 5 by Dale23years

1, you dont sell your best player without havin a player lined up waiting in the wings, you Dont sell a player who was worth double then the figure we got for him
2, was Dunphys not in charge when hornets went bust oweing us thousands
3, Has dunphy not been in charge while his commerical and marketing departing department let the club down BIG TIME
4,His words saying that he will get the think tink up and running again( may 7 ) still 3 months later still no contract with them
5 i could go on and on but not worth it

I totally disagree with your take on the sale of COG. I don't think you understand how transfers and the like actually work if you believe what your typing. We got an offer, which due to COG wanting to go made the money offered a good offer. Possibly bad timing but the money was made available to Eyre and he struggled to fill the position.

I'm still baffled with your Hornets fault finding.. What was Dunphy supposed to do ?

I agree with the club control stuff, as I outlined

The think tank is a disappointing failure it has to be said which was championed by CD. The TT I thought came up against the problems that face the club as a whole anyway.. Which is there are only a few people at the club who actually 'do stuff'..

Anti-cliquism is the last refuge of the messageboard scoundrel - Copyright Dorset Dale productions

Liverpool on 20:39 - Aug 5 with 1161 viewsSalwaDale

I hate to join the club bashing thread but something does need doing. Today was a prime chance for some good PR. We were told off twice today for walking in the wrong place despite not knowing where we were allowed/supposed to go.

I love Dale and could never turn my back on them. Having said that I've not been in the trust for a couple of years after the non-use of the trust money raised for a specific reason.

I firmly believe Colin does a fantastic job but his job is more football related. We need someone as capable to run the commercial side.

Most importantly, bring back Team Rochdale. The players who spoke to the fans were superb but why was there not more chance? Special thanks to Josh Lillie for making my youngest lad's day/week/life. Real gent.

TBBT

Liverpool on 20:55 - Aug 5 with 1128 viewsTalkingSutty

Liverpool on 20:39 - Aug 5 by SalwaDale

I hate to join the club bashing thread but something does need doing. Today was a prime chance for some good PR. We were told off twice today for walking in the wrong place despite not knowing where we were allowed/supposed to go.

I love Dale and could never turn my back on them. Having said that I've not been in the trust for a couple of years after the non-use of the trust money raised for a specific reason.

I firmly believe Colin does a fantastic job but his job is more football related. We need someone as capable to run the commercial side.

Most importantly, bring back Team Rochdale. The players who spoke to the fans were superb but why was there not more chance? Special thanks to Josh Lillie for making my youngest lad's day/week/life. Real gent.

I dont understand your reason for not joining the trust. There is no training facility to donate the money raised. Its not the Trusts decision to choose the training venue so why try to punish them by not renewing your membership, i dont understand that ?

What are they supposed to do (the trust) because they cant return the money to the persons who completed the walk because at the end of the day its the persons who sponsored them who donated the money isnt it ?

The training venue didnt materialise, but the money hasnt been squandered and will still go to help the club when it is deemed the right time and for the right project. The fact the goalposts where moved regarding the training facility was nothing to do with the trust, i am glad it wasnt thrown down a black hole, which is what could have quite easily happened.
Liverpool on 20:55 - Aug 5 with 1126 viewsfitzochris

My mate said the stewards were stopping kids getting autographs today, too. However, he also said Jimmy B was superb - intervened and ensured his lad got a signature from most of the players!

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Liverpool on 20:55 - Aug 5 with 1125 viewsfitzochris

My mate said the stewards were stopping kids getting autographs today, too. However, he also said Jimmy B was superb - intervened and ensured his lad got a signature from most of the players!

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Liverpool on 21:04 - Aug 5 with 1098 viewsSalwaDale

Liverpool on 20:55 - Aug 5 by TalkingSutty

I dont understand your reason for not joining the trust. There is no training facility to donate the money raised. Its not the Trusts decision to choose the training venue so why try to punish them by not renewing your membership, i dont understand that ?

What are they supposed to do (the trust) because they cant return the money to the persons who completed the walk because at the end of the day its the persons who sponsored them who donated the money isnt it ?

The training venue didnt materialise, but the money hasnt been squandered and will still go to help the club when it is deemed the right time and for the right project. The fact the goalposts where moved regarding the training facility was nothing to do with the trust, i am glad it wasnt thrown down a black hole, which is what could have quite easily happened.

You are completely correct in all you say. I certainly have no issue with the trust and completely respect all they do. However, I am disappointed that the club doesn't value the trust highly enough (in my opinion). The money thing , the think tank and other issues do lead me to think the club isn't allowing the trust to do as much good for the club as it could.

TBBT

Liverpool on 21:18 - Aug 5 with 1076 viewsTalkingSutty

Liverpool on 21:04 - Aug 5 by SalwaDale

You are completely correct in all you say. I certainly have no issue with the trust and completely respect all they do. However, I am disappointed that the club doesn't value the trust highly enough (in my opinion). The money thing , the think tank and other issues do lead me to think the club isn't allowing the trust to do as much good for the club as it could.

Every fan who joins the trust makes us (the fans) stronger. If anybody feels we are being taken for granted by the club and our voice isnt being heard then the best thing they can do is pay a tenner for the year and sign up.

The guarantee is that the committee and all members are dyed in the wool Dale fans who want the best for the club ( That was the reason i joined). Of all seasons, this is the one to make the effort to join or renew membership. Together we are strong !!
Liverpool on 21:31 - Aug 5 with 1039 viewsSuddenLad

Liverpool on 21:18 - Aug 5 by TalkingSutty

Every fan who joins the trust makes us (the fans) stronger. If anybody feels we are being taken for granted by the club and our voice isnt being heard then the best thing they can do is pay a tenner for the year and sign up.

The guarantee is that the committee and all members are dyed in the wool Dale fans who want the best for the club ( That was the reason i joined). Of all seasons, this is the one to make the effort to join or renew membership. Together we are strong !!

But does anyone take any notice ? It's OK being full of great ideas and good intent, but it's a two-way thing. Someone in the Boardroom has to respond with more than lip service.

I've come to the conclusion that the Trust are banging their collective heads against the wall and we members are all paying for the privilege of hearing the thud.

I richly applaud the efforts of the Trust and I don't dispute that they work tirelessly for the benefit of supporters, but I don't get the impression that it makes much difference.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Liverpool on 21:33 - Aug 5 with 1031 viewsSalwaDale

Liverpool on 21:18 - Aug 5 by TalkingSutty

Fair enough, you are correct, I know that. Maybe time for me to do the form.

TBBT

Liverpool on 21:53 - Aug 5 with 984 viewsShun

What did Lillis do?
Liverpool on 21:54 - Aug 5 with 978 views442Dale

Even now, in the report about Gray, they haven't been bothered to inform fans who the game was against or that it was a first team run out.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Liverpool on 22:12 - Aug 5 with 958 viewsSalwaDale

Liverpool on 21:53 - Aug 5 by Shun

What did Lillis do?

Just a nice bloke while I took photos of him with my lads.

TBBT

Liverpool on 22:19 - Aug 5 with 936 viewsolympicdale

Liverpool on 22:12 - Aug 5 by SalwaDale

Just a nice bloke while I took photos of him with my lads.

always seemed a top bloke from last season, good to see he actually is.

Life is a game of fate.

Liverpool on 22:20 - Aug 5 with 935 viewschuckleberry

Liverpool on 21:54 - Aug 5 by 442Dale

Even now, in the report about Gray, they haven't been bothered to inform fans who the game was against or that it was a first team run out.

Or proof read:

We’ll keep you update with the latest on Reece throughout the week.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024