Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hodgson is an idiot 09:13 - Oct 17 with 11716 viewsTheBlob

Why pull a comment like that out of the hat?Especially when your exalted position makes you number one target with the press.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/england/10384676/Roy-Hodgson-for

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Hodgson is an idiot on 09:17 - Oct 17 with 4878 viewsCiderwithRsie

I doubt Townsend is too bothered. Hodgson has probably put several million on Townsend's valuation come contract renewal time.
Hodgson is an idiot on 09:25 - Oct 17 with 4856 viewssimmo

I would say it is more the person that leaked it that is the idiot. It is not even something 'leakable', it was obviously in context and did not come with malicious intent.

Just a ridiculous load of nonsense.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Hodgson is an idiot on 09:26 - Oct 17 with 4855 viewsKonk

If he’d been talking to John Terry, then you’d have your concerns, but given that he was reportedly talking to Smalling, who has a very similar skin tone to Townsend, I’d be amazed if anyone other than Peter Herbert could see anything offensive in Roy’s words. Roy is a genius.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Hodgson is an idiot on 09:30 - Oct 17 with 4827 viewsToast_R

Here we go again, British press stirring absolute garbage for the sake making a few more sales at the cost of the England team which just so happens to be in the news at the moment for the right reason may I add.

Honestly, we’ll never win anything or get anywhere with the gutter press we have, indoctrinating the nations mood and undermining everything the national side achieves for the sake of pure greed.

How a halftime team talk got leaked to the press though is another issue. Seems like they have a Rat somewhere in the dressing room.

If Roy Hodgson is being accused of racism for that, then God help us all.
Hodgson is an idiot on 09:30 - Oct 17 with 4827 viewsTheBlob

Hodgson is an idiot on 09:25 - Oct 17 by simmo

I would say it is more the person that leaked it that is the idiot. It is not even something 'leakable', it was obviously in context and did not come with malicious intent.

Just a ridiculous load of nonsense.

Of course it's nonsense,but the kind of nonsense that ends up on the front pages as we've just seen.Now England have qualified it's "shoot 'em down" season.
Zip it Roy,this isn't the nineteen seventies.

Hodgson is an idiot on 09:31 - Oct 17 with 4825 viewsTHEBUSH

Public figures have to be very careful what they say these days, Hodgson I'm sure ain't a racist, but should have known better, imo !!
Hodgson is an idiot on 09:32 - Oct 17 with 4816 viewsJeff

you know *sometimes* when you use the word 'Monkey', you are using it as a racial slur, and sometimes, just sometimes, you are using it to refer to a primate. you know, an actual Monkey.

Good old English Press. on Wednesday we're going to win the world cup, on Thursday they're accusing the English manager of being a Racist...

Can we not knock it?

Hodgson is an idiot on 09:35 - Oct 17 with 4804 viewstoboboly

Seems like it wasn't intended in a racist way, wasn't taken in a racist way either. An apology has been accepted. Move on, nothing to see here.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Login to get fewer ads

Hodgson is an idiot on 09:35 - Oct 17 with 4802 viewsA40Bosh

Hodgson is an idiot on 09:32 - Oct 17 by Jeff

you know *sometimes* when you use the word 'Monkey', you are using it as a racial slur, and sometimes, just sometimes, you are using it to refer to a primate. you know, an actual Monkey.

Good old English Press. on Wednesday we're going to win the world cup, on Thursday they're accusing the English manager of being a Racist...

+1

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Hodgson is an idiot on 09:38 - Oct 17 with 4789 viewsbosh67

Talk about being misinterpreted. Pretty obvious he was referring to himself as only being able to feed the team. Shows how the PC world has gone mad (not the computer shop) - there are no racist overtones in that joke. He may simply want to tell a joke about a giraffe next time, as Peter Crouch isn't in the squad at the moment.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Hodgson is an idiot on 09:45 - Oct 17 with 4768 viewsdaveB

It's not even worthy of a news story, no one was offended, the two people involved talked about it and there was no problem but it still makes front page news. That Black lawyers group will make an official compliant by lunchtime to get their name in the news again
Hodgson is an idiot on 09:49 - Oct 17 with 4755 viewsDWQPR

We must be about the only country in Europe and probably the world where the press and many people want to stir trouble for the sake of it. Hodgson is far from being racist and just used an expression which no doubt he would have also used had the person he meant had white skin. I suspect that in actual fact the white English people, person for person, is less racist than his black/Asian/Eastern European counterpart. Yet it seems that it is only the white English that can be accused of racism.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Hodgson is an idiot on 09:49 - Oct 17 with 4752 viewsToast_R

Hodgson is an idiot on 09:30 - Oct 17 by TheBlob

Of course it's nonsense,but the kind of nonsense that ends up on the front pages as we've just seen.Now England have qualified it's "shoot 'em down" season.
Zip it Roy,this isn't the nineteen seventies.

Err it's a halftime team talk....
Hodgson is an idiot on 09:53 - Oct 17 with 4741 viewsJonDoeman

I've decided it was Sturridge who leaked this. Mainly cos he's ex Chelsea & I don't like his face...

Agree with blobby though, silly thing to say in this day & age..

It Is What It Is !!

Hodgson is an idiot on 09:57 - Oct 17 with 4731 viewsdoogi55

great coming from journos who take the pxxx out off his speach inpedment
Hodgson is an idiot on 10:07 - Oct 17 with 4704 viewsstevec

I still call my (fairly grown up) kids 'monkeys' when they're mucking about, really as a term of affection.

However, thanks to the Sun's incredible investigative journalism, I now realise I am nothing but a foul mouthed racist and will be turning myself in at the local Constabulary.

Let me know how we get on at Millwall.
Hodgson is an idiot on 10:08 - Oct 17 with 4700 viewsmrmonkey

What a joke.

Monkeys are innocent!!!!
Hodgson is an idiot on 10:50 - Oct 17 with 4601 viewsToast_R

People get so wound up now by what can be perceived to be offensive the way we're heading you'll need to consult a lawyer before you say anything to anyone.

I could "say I'm going down the shops to buy a present for my wife's birthday" and I'm leaving myself open to being accused of being insensitive to agoraphobes and a Jehovah's Whitness, whatin just one sentence.
[Post edited 17 Oct 2013 10:52]
Hodgson is an idiot on 11:00 - Oct 17 with 4576 viewsQPR1882

Must be a slow day news wise on the sports desk.
Hodgson is an idiot on 11:00 - Oct 17 with 4575 viewsJonDoeman

@andros_townsend 35m

I don't know what all this fuss is about. No offence was meant and none was taken! It's not even news worthy!

It Is What It Is !!

Hodgson is an idiot on 11:02 - Oct 17 with 4569 viewsJonDoeman

Hodgson is an idiot on 11:00 - Oct 17 by QPR1882

Must be a slow day news wise on the sports desk.

Its the showbiz reporter's story... who happens to be Scottish!

It Is What It Is !!

Hodgson is an idiot on 11:08 - Oct 17 with 4544 viewsCiderwithRsie

Hodgson is an idiot on 09:38 - Oct 17 by bosh67

Talk about being misinterpreted. Pretty obvious he was referring to himself as only being able to feed the team. Shows how the PC world has gone mad (not the computer shop) - there are no racist overtones in that joke. He may simply want to tell a joke about a giraffe next time, as Peter Crouch isn't in the squad at the moment.

Having actually read the joke, that's spot on. This isn't someone naively or deliberately telling a racist joke or, IMO, being insensitive to racist language. Its a joke about astronauts.

I'm verging on telling Blob that he's gone madly PC. I therefore suspect he's winding us up.
Hodgson is an idiot on 11:09 - Oct 17 with 4536 viewsAntti_Heinola

Hodgson is an idiot on 09:31 - Oct 17 by THEBUSH

Public figures have to be very careful what they say these days, Hodgson I'm sure ain't a racist, but should have known better, imo !!

don't be ridiculous. you're basically saying you can't say the word 'monkey' under any circumstances when addressing someone with a dark skin tone.

Bare bones.

Hodgson is an idiot on 11:10 - Oct 17 with 4533 viewsTheBlob

Hodgson is an idiot on 11:08 - Oct 17 by CiderwithRsie

Having actually read the joke, that's spot on. This isn't someone naively or deliberately telling a racist joke or, IMO, being insensitive to racist language. Its a joke about astronauts.

I'm verging on telling Blob that he's gone madly PC. I therefore suspect he's winding us up.

Hodgson is an idiot on 11:15 - Oct 17 with 4511 viewsQPR1882

Woy Hodgson in trouble again at press conference, he called Phil Jones a 'White back'

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024