Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hoilett 09:50 - Oct 27 with 5785 viewsPommyhoop

Just finished watching the match and Ive come to the conclusion that Hoilett really isnt very good.He flatters to decieve ,a little run here, a litle spurt of speed there but no evenyual result. And he's a VERY greedy bastatd or he doesnt realise he can pass to a team mate whose in a better position.Even his assist to Austin the other week was a lucky deflection when he probably went for a shot..
I wouldnt give 2 shites if he got his move in Jan..

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Hoilett on 09:56 - Oct 27 with 4265 viewsTHEBUSH

He had a lot of the ball yesterday, but as you say, he needs to be told as to when to release the ball.
We shouldn't give up on him just yet, as he still has time on his side to develope, imo.
Hoilett on 09:59 - Oct 27 with 4241 viewsTheBlob

Ten quid says he doesn't hoist over an orthodox cross before Christmas Day.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Hoilett on 11:51 - Oct 27 with 4072 viewsRs_Holy

Hoilett on 09:56 - Oct 27 by THEBUSH

He had a lot of the ball yesterday, but as you say, he needs to be told as to when to release the ball.
We shouldn't give up on him just yet, as he still has time on his side to develope, imo.

Play him against the poorer teams that are low on confidence but drop him for the games against high flying solid defences... He was infuriating yesterday.
Hoilett on 12:33 - Oct 27 with 3996 viewsRANGERS4EVER

One bad game doesn't instantly make him bad. No one was that good yesterday. The fact is he will still scare the sh*t out of most defences this season, and could be really important to us. The first few games this season he was great, got injured' does quite well against Millwall then has a bad game against Burnley. Doesn't deserve to get dropped for it. Haven't got anyone better to play at LAM

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

Hoilett on 12:46 - Oct 27 with 3952 viewsdaveB

not to worry, the transfer window opens soon so expect performances to pick up around then
Hoilett on 13:53 - Oct 27 with 3876 viewsderbyhoop

But if you have a choice between another Barton, Henry, Faurlin, O'Neill, Krancjar, Jenas or Carroll who all can play keep ball at a slow tempo, the outball option is a winger with pace. Hoilett gives us that. Until, I've seen a lot more of Phillips (and a lot less of SWP!), Junior is the best option we've got.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Hoilett on 13:56 - Oct 27 with 3863 viewsTheBlob

Hoilett on 13:53 - Oct 27 by derbyhoop

But if you have a choice between another Barton, Henry, Faurlin, O'Neill, Krancjar, Jenas or Carroll who all can play keep ball at a slow tempo, the outball option is a winger with pace. Hoilett gives us that. Until, I've seen a lot more of Phillips (and a lot less of SWP!), Junior is the best option we've got.

Don't like to keep banging on about it,but what is the point of a speedy winger who can't get the ball over?

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Hoilett on 13:57 - Oct 27 with 3864 viewsPommyhoop

Its a very close run thing between SWP and Hoilett in this league I recon...
Very overated player IMO.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Login to get fewer ads

Hoilett on 14:04 - Oct 27 with 3840 viewsqueensparker

Where is SWP? He's disappeared
Hoilett on 14:35 - Oct 27 with 3790 viewsTacticalR

Hoilett on 14:04 - Oct 27 by queensparker

Where is SWP? He's disappeared

Being held at an unknown location by ShotKneesHoop.

Air hostess clique

Hoilett on 14:51 - Oct 27 with 3761 viewsLblock

Sorry to buck the trend...

I thought he was our best player yesterday and is hopefully playing his way into form and the player that single handedly almost kept Rovers up

I'm prepared to give him a chance

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Hoilett on 15:05 - Oct 27 with 3744 viewsFredManRave

Can anybody explain what has happened to the Hoilett of Blackburn 2011/12? He came with such justifiably high expectations but has just been, in general, very dissapointing. Is it a confidence issue? Fitness? Attitude?

Answers on a post...

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Hoilett on 15:42 - Oct 27 with 3688 viewsthemodfather

well i'd rather jnr than swp....
Hoilett on 17:59 - Oct 27 with 3578 viewsWestbourneR

I'm gonna put it on record that i think Hoillet will have a very good season, score 10 goals and be big part in us going up.

Yes his delivery isn't good at the moment, he is essentially a winger that cuts in and shoots. He has a great shot.

But it'll get better when he gels with the team.

If we want him to cross more hes got to play on the right surely as he is right footed?

Anyway you're right the final product wasn't there yesterday... But he can go past people like they're not there and that ultimately makes stuff happen. It's a rare talent to carry the ball like he does.

SWP is awful. He trips over the ball when he runs. Come on, don't be silly.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Hoilett on 19:35 - Oct 27 with 3463 viewshoopdog

Hoilett on 17:59 - Oct 27 by WestbourneR

I'm gonna put it on record that i think Hoillet will have a very good season, score 10 goals and be big part in us going up.

Yes his delivery isn't good at the moment, he is essentially a winger that cuts in and shoots. He has a great shot.

But it'll get better when he gels with the team.

If we want him to cross more hes got to play on the right surely as he is right footed?

Anyway you're right the final product wasn't there yesterday... But he can go past people like they're not there and that ultimately makes stuff happen. It's a rare talent to carry the ball like he does.

SWP is awful. He trips over the ball when he runs. Come on, don't be silly.

Niether are great but SWP far more of team player and works harder also willing to come deep to help clear up
Hoilett on 15:53 - Oct 28 with 3233 viewseastside_r

I think part of the problem is the current obsession with playing wingers on the ‘wrong wing’. Harry is not immune to this trend. (See also Townsend last season.) I think the tactic can work if you’re Gareth Bale for example or if you’ve got a speedy overlapping full back. Hoilett just keeps cutting in and getting swamped in traffic.

What I’d really like to see is (as a an option, not necessarily playing it all the time) a right-footed winger playing on the right wing (Hoillett) and a left-footed winger playing on the left wing (Phillips?) Surely this would give Austin some decent service which is currently lacking
Hoilett on 16:12 - Oct 28 with 3191 viewssimmo

Hoilett on 13:53 - Oct 27 by derbyhoop

Exactly.

Also the point of having a speedy winger, even if he doesnt cross, is to stretch the play and give additional space to people like Kranjcar who can make things happen. I agree he needs to do more, but he is only doing what he is being told which os to cut inside and run at people. I would prefer he mixes it up more and takes the man on the outside once in a while to actually supply Austin rather than try to do things all himself.

Also BAE needs to do more if/when he does cut in, give him an option on the outside to really cause defences problems. EIther way I think Hoilett could be abig player for us IF he can actually get a run of games together.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Hoilett on 16:51 - Oct 28 with 3135 viewsclassof93

A signing that was typically over hyped by the club when they bought him (like most of them). A decent player who did well on occasions for Blackburn. The incompetence of the board/chairman/CEO summed up by what he's probably being paid.

In the championship will be pretty effective though but agree with those who say he needs to learn when to release the ball. I think he is more of an attacking inside forward rather than an out and out winger though (similar to where Routledge played). If they could have sold him him in the summer I bet they would have done - but there is no club stupid enough to pay him anything like what he is probably earning (although the same could be said for a lot of that squad).
Hoilett on 17:59 - Oct 28 with 3054 viewsShotKneesHoop

Hoilett on 13:56 - Oct 27 by TheBlob

Don't like to keep banging on about it,but what is the point of a speedy winger who can't get the ball over?

SWP started it.
[Post edited 28 Oct 2013 18:11]

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

Hoilett on 18:07 - Oct 28 with 3042 viewsR_from_afar

"Excited" is a hugely overused word these days but when we signed him, I was genuinely excited. What a prospect, I thought, we've got a good one there.

In reality, he has turned out to be a crushing disappointment. Hardly any goals or assists. Tragic, truly tragic.

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Hoilett on 18:10 - Oct 28 with 3040 viewsShotKneesHoop

Hoilett on 14:35 - Oct 27 by TacticalR

Being held at an unknown location by ShotKneesHoop.

If I had R'sWipe by the throat, you'd all know about it.

It would be the best bit of business that I could pass on to Sherry and Sons, the funeral director sponsors of AKUTRS. SWP would be in a half price coffin of course, and go down the rollers to the theme tune of Count Down, but he'd probably miss the doors of the crematorium oven.

I don't care where he is as long as it's not W12.

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

Hoilett on 18:14 - Oct 28 with 3028 viewsClive_Anderson

Wasn't there talk of a £7m bid from Stoke for him before the window shut.

If we could have used that to get Andros Townsend we'd be laughing.
Hoilett on 18:51 - Oct 28 with 2991 viewsShotKneesHoop

Hoilett on 18:14 - Oct 28 by Clive_Anderson

It was Hughes that ruined Hoilett when he came here.

Hughes told Hoilett to put in a shift and model himself on R'SWiPe, which he has done to perfection, so much so that R'SWiPe has disappeared up his own channel.

Would not be surprised if Hughes comes back for another bid for Hoilett in January, assuming Hughes wins at least two more games by Christmas to keep himself safe in a meticulously planned move.

Hoilett on 19:40 - Oct 28 with 2937 viewskron1664

Hoilett on 18:51 - Oct 28 by ShotKneesHoop

It was Hughes that ruined Hoilett when he came here.

Hughes told Hoilett to put in a shift and model himself on R'SWiPe, which he has done to perfection, so much so that R'SWiPe has disappeared up his own channel.

Would not be surprised if Hughes comes back for another bid for Hoilett in January, assuming Hughes wins at least two more games by Christmas to keep himself safe in a meticulously planned move.

I think he has been very poor, no end product , no goals , very greedy
Hoilett on 19:46 - Oct 28 with 2920 viewsclassof93

Hoilett on 18:14 - Oct 28 by Clive_Anderson

Would be amazed if anyone would pay £7m for him
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024