Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chelsea v Swans OFFICIAL match day thread 09:29 - Dec 26 with 23741 viewsOldjack

This is the sort of big profile game we tend to shine in only without the desired result

0-1 http://www.livestreamfootball.eu/free-live-stream/34813/Chelsea_vs_Swansea_City.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Chelsea v Swans OFFICIAL match day thread on 17:44 - Dec 26 with 1180 viewsPhil_S

Chelsea v Swans OFFICIAL match day thread on 17:41 - Dec 26 by lovejuicejack

Yeah I should never dream of thinking differently to you and your sycophantic mob should I Phil, I should bow down to you superior knowledge.

You crack on with trying to belittle me as you seem to enjoy it.

And there you go again with the abusive responses.....you ask questions, they get answered

You read the answers in a way that genuinely only you seem capable of and come back with a response as if it was a different question

Difficult to see it isn't, if that's belittling you then again I have nothing but sympathy on your comprehension of what is happening in front of you
Chelsea v Swans OFFICIAL match day thread on 17:44 - Dec 26 with 1175 viewsPhil_S

Chelsea v Swans OFFICIAL match day thread on 17:41 - Dec 26 by TheFranchise

I'm #2

You and me both mate. As I suspect are many on this thread
Chelsea v Swans OFFICIAL match day thread on 17:45 - Dec 26 with 1172 viewslovejuicejack

Chelsea v Swans OFFICIAL match day thread on 17:44 - Dec 26 by Phil_S

And there you go again with the abusive responses.....you ask questions, they get answered

You read the answers in a way that genuinely only you seem capable of and come back with a response as if it was a different question

Difficult to see it isn't, if that's belittling you then again I have nothing but sympathy on your comprehension of what is happening in front of you

Abusive, yeah right of course it is.
Chelsea v Swans OFFICIAL match day thread on 17:45 - Dec 26 with 1174 viewsPhil_S

Chelsea v Swans OFFICIAL match day thread on 17:41 - Dec 26 by Jackanapes

bbc text has us with 1 shot on target btw

Did they not hear the commentator say that Cech didn't have to save it? Tch
Chelsea v Swans OFFICIAL match day thread on 17:45 - Dec 26 with 1163 viewsmonmouth

Chelsea v Swans OFFICIAL match day thread on 17:41 - Dec 26 by Jackanapes

bbc text has us with 1 shot on target btw

Also he keeps saying we had 'no shots on goal' when we had 8. Just saying. Obviously on 'another day' they would all go wide too.

Anyway I'm off. Enjoy your abject misery all you folk utterly determined to be abjectly miserable.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Chelsea v Swans OFFICIAL match day thread on 17:46 - Dec 26 with 1152 viewslovejuicejack

Chelsea v Swans OFFICIAL match day thread on 17:45 - Dec 26 by Phil_S

Yeah keep playing like that lads thats the ticket. top 6 innit.
Chelsea v Swans OFFICIAL match day thread on 17:48 - Dec 26 with 1148 viewsDarran

Chelsea v Swans OFFICIAL match day thread on 17:46 - Dec 26 by lovejuicejack

Out of curiosity if you said in the first couple of pages of this thread that you didn't expect anything from the game why the f*ck are you moaning like a fanny?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Chelsea v Swans OFFICIAL match day thread on 17:48 - Dec 26 with 1144 viewsPhil_S

Chelsea v Swans OFFICIAL match day thread on 17:45 - Dec 26 by lovejuicejack

Abusive, yeah right of course it is.

Interesting that you only chose to see part of the reply.

Let's just summarise

Do I believe we will go down? No.
Do I believe that if we play like today we will get enough points to ensure the answer to the above question is right? Yes.
Do I believe we will stay up with 20 consecutive 1-0 defeats? No.
Did we play well today? At times, yes we did but we never really threatened Chelsea (the clue is in the last word)
Do I believe we have areas that need improvement? Completely, we had some last season too, and the season before. And the one before that. And every year in which i have watched us
Do I laugh at the mass hysteria on here? Totally.

Setup a poll if it means much to you but I suspect if you asked "Will we go down this season" the overwhelming majority would say no.
Login to get fewer ads

Chelsea v Swans OFFICIAL match day thread on 17:49 - Dec 26 with 1140 viewsPhil_S

Chelsea v Swans OFFICIAL match day thread on 17:46 - Dec 26 by lovejuicejack

Which of course everyone has said? Oh no they didnt that just came from your inability to debate
Chelsea v Swans OFFICIAL match day thread on 17:52 - Dec 26 with 1127 views3swan

Chelsea v Swans OFFICIAL match day thread on 17:22 - Dec 26 by Phil_S

If we play as we did today then we will secure enough points to stay up.

Wish I had your confidence Phil, but do have a concern on where our goals will come from.
We have a difficult January. Mixed Feb with only Cardiff at home and 3 away games.
March to the end of the season looks much better on paper, but a poor run can affect confidence.
At the moment I think we will stay up as there, but we do need to up the tempo in our games and actually press the opposition when we are in top in games.
Chelsea v Swans OFFICIAL match day thread on 17:52 - Dec 26 with 1121 viewsjohnlangy

Chelsea v Swans OFFICIAL match day thread on 17:25 - Dec 26 by lovejuicejack

When I said played like today I included the result .. thought that was obvious

On another day against a weaker team playing as we did today we may sneak a draw or maybe even a win. And on this other day we may instead play like we did against Newcastle (3 goals remember against the form team, at the time, in the division) and win well.

I don't understand what the argument's about. You get results sometimes fair, sometimes unfair never mind how well or how badly you play. That's football. It applies to every team in every division. Why would the Swans be the different ?
Chelsea v Swans OFFICIAL match day thread on 17:53 - Dec 26 with 1118 viewsGowerjack

Chelsea v Swans OFFICIAL match day thread on 17:49 - Dec 26 by Phil_S

Which of course everyone has said? Oh no they didnt that just came from your inability to debate

Leave him alone Phil,he's obviously a bit thick.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Chelsea v Swans OFFICIAL match day thread on 17:55 - Dec 26 with 1112 viewsPhil_S

Chelsea v Swans OFFICIAL match day thread on 17:52 - Dec 26 by 3swan

Wish I had your confidence Phil, but do have a concern on where our goals will come from.
We have a difficult January. Mixed Feb with only Cardiff at home and 3 away games.
March to the end of the season looks much better on paper, but a poor run can affect confidence.
At the moment I think we will stay up as there, but we do need to up the tempo in our games and actually press the opposition when we are in top in games.

In our first season, I had the confidence in about October we would stay up. Last season it was around September, this season I would say it came in around October - we have 20 points from 18 games. We will get 40+ although I think significantly less will be sufficient this season.
Chelsea v Swans OFFICIAL match day thread on 18:00 - Dec 26 with 1079 views3swan

Chelsea v Swans OFFICIAL match day thread on 17:55 - Dec 26 by Phil_S

In our first season, I had the confidence in about October we would stay up. Last season it was around September, this season I would say it came in around October - we have 20 points from 18 games. We will get 40+ although I think significantly less will be sufficient this season.

I agree that less than 40 will be enough, and I'm sure that once January is out of the way (unless we get a bonus result) confidence will improve, but can't see into the future so still have a concern that we play within ourselves instead of going for it at times.
No panic button as there is plenty of time but there are failings that need correcting.
Having a fit full squad will help but things are going against us at the moment (including ref decisions)
Chelsea v Swans OFFICIAL match day thread on 18:03 - Dec 26 with 1065 viewsPhil_S

Chelsea v Swans OFFICIAL match day thread on 18:00 - Dec 26 by 3swan

I agree that less than 40 will be enough, and I'm sure that once January is out of the way (unless we get a bonus result) confidence will improve, but can't see into the future so still have a concern that we play within ourselves instead of going for it at times.
No panic button as there is plenty of time but there are failings that need correcting.
Having a fit full squad will help but things are going against us at the moment (including ref decisions)

See though Clive that's the bit nobody has said that we don't have failings that need correcting just don't share the complete doom and gloom that appears every time we lose a game by one goal to a side with champions league ambitions.

In terms of January I would rather get these games out of the way now then say in April and May which is what happened last season. Interestingly when the fixtures came out last season everyone claimed we couldnt stay up with that end to the season
Chelsea v Swans OFFICIAL match day thread on 18:06 - Dec 26 with 1048 viewsDr_Winston

A lot rests on who we bring in during the window. That and how Laudrup chooses to use them.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Chelsea v Swans OFFICIAL match day thread on 18:08 - Dec 26 with 1039 views3swan

Chelsea v Swans OFFICIAL match day thread on 18:03 - Dec 26 by Phil_S

See though Clive that's the bit nobody has said that we don't have failings that need correcting just don't share the complete doom and gloom that appears every time we lose a game by one goal to a side with champions league ambitions.

In terms of January I would rather get these games out of the way now then say in April and May which is what happened last season. Interestingly when the fixtures came out last season everyone claimed we couldnt stay up with that end to the season

"See though Clive that's the bit nobody has said"

Didn't imply that they did, but only giving my take on things.

Of course after the fixture list working against us this season, after Jan it's in our hands.

A 1-0 defeat doesn't affect how my views pan out as it is to be expected.

As I've said I think we will stay up, but imo the mindset does have to change a bit especially after Jan
Chelsea v Swans OFFICIAL match day thread on 18:11 - Dec 26 with 1023 viewsPhil_S

Chelsea v Swans OFFICIAL match day thread on 18:08 - Dec 26 by 3swan

"See though Clive that's the bit nobody has said"

Didn't imply that they did, but only giving my take on things.

Of course after the fixture list working against us this season, after Jan it's in our hands.

A 1-0 defeat doesn't affect how my views pan out as it is to be expected.

As I've said I think we will stay up, but imo the mindset does have to change a bit especially after Jan

In fairness mate I appreciate you didn't say it but that is how others take it. Read through this thread that much is obvious

The mindset may need to change - quite probably in our fanbase as much as anywhere else ;-)
Chelsea v Swans OFFICIAL match day thread on 18:15 - Dec 26 with 1005 views3swan

Chelsea v Swans OFFICIAL match day thread on 18:11 - Dec 26 by Phil_S

In fairness mate I appreciate you didn't say it but that is how others take it. Read through this thread that much is obvious

The mindset may need to change - quite probably in our fanbase as much as anywhere else ;-)

I have read the thread, and it goes like most threads no middle ground.

Your ending comment is very true, as there does tend to be an air at home games that we should beat some of the teams easily. There's no easy games as most teams are organised if not a threat, that's where we need to up the tempo on and off the pitch
Chelsea v Swans OFFICIAL match day thread on 18:23 - Dec 26 with 974 viewswaynekerr55

Chelsea v Swans OFFICIAL match day thread on 18:06 - Dec 26 by Dr_Winston

A lot rests on who we bring in during the window. That and how Laudrup chooses to use them.

would I be correct in that you're saying "whoever thought that Schecter and Vasquez were viable options shouldn't be advising the manager on which striker to sign"?

In which case I agree

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Chelsea v Swans OFFICIAL match day thread on 18:29 - Dec 26 with 953 viewsDr_Winston

Chelsea v Swans OFFICIAL match day thread on 18:23 - Dec 26 by waynekerr55

would I be correct in that you're saying "whoever thought that Schecter and Vasquez were viable options shouldn't be advising the manager on which striker to sign"?

In which case I agree

You may very well think that. I couldn't possibly comment.

The difficulty is that as things stand, come the second week of February any striker we choose to bring in runs the risk of being third choice. That probably rules out a lot of proven players, so we're down to youngsters or taking a gamble on someone a bit older.

To be honest with you though, I'd see bringing in a quality wide man as a bigger priority. We needed one in the summer and nothing has changed.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Chelsea v Swans OFFICIAL match day thread on 18:36 - Dec 26 with 922 viewsPlasticman

Chelsea v Swans OFFICIAL match day thread on 17:45 - Dec 26 by Phil_S

Actually I think it would be the blocked shot by Leon?

But hey, why actually use facts instead of spiralling into hysteria without looking at things objectively?

We lost 1-0 to a side where we prob wouldn't be able to afford a single of their players. In addition to the opponents players being incredibly gifted, they also put in one hell of a shift in that game. The fact that we didn't loose more to such a talented opponent that worked that hard for it is fine with me.

If we were actually expecting to get better results than that against such talent working that hard, we woudln't be paying the wages we do or the transfer fees we do.

We're aspiring to settle in the midtable of the league (which is still quite a feat given our finances), and that looks like what we are going to end up as. So no worries from my side.

Plastic since 2012

Chelsea v Swans OFFICIAL match day thread on 20:21 - Dec 26 with 791 viewsclement

Robert Lewandowski's contract is up in the summer.

just saying like.....

Poll: who will be our manager next season?

Chelsea v Swans OFFICIAL match day thread on 20:23 - Dec 26 with 784 viewsJackanapes

Chelsea v Swans OFFICIAL match day thread on 20:21 - Dec 26 by clement

Robert Lewandowski's contract is up in the summer.

just saying like.....

Why would he sign for a championship side ?

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

Chelsea v Swans OFFICIAL match day thread on 20:52 - Dec 26 with 753 viewsWarwickHunt

Could anyone who was at the match today tell me which position Rangel was playing?

I thought he usually played right back but I was f*cked If I could see him there much.
Maybe I need a bigger screen...
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024