Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Saddle up for three valuable points 12:01 - Mar 19 with 2436 viewsdurham_exile

I will keep this very brief this week.

KK needs three points to keep the impossible dream alive.

Walsall are definitely vulnerable at home and the U's need belief today to follow up on the performance last week against the Latics.

Quick out of the blocks on what is often a sticky surface at the Bescot (not dissimilar to Valley Parade).

Team:

Parish

Brindley Eastman Kent Shorey

Garvan Moncur Gilbey

Massey Porter Lee

Subs:

Briggs Edwards Oduwa Wright Bonne Akinwande Barnes

Come on we can do this.

Safe travelling to the faithful.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Saddle up for three valuable points on 13:23 - Mar 19 with 1630 viewsLeadbelly

No Chambers? Have I missed something?

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Saddle up for three valuable points on 14:19 - Mar 19 with 1621 viewsdurham_exile

Saddle up for three valuable points on 13:23 - Mar 19 by Leadbelly

No Chambers? Have I missed something?

Leadbelly no you haven't missed anything - my mistake he is playing, I thought that his loan deal was over. He would be number two on the team list after Moncur.

KK makes two changes to my side!!!!!

Edwards and Chambers for Brindley and Eastman

I think that this team can and will win this afternoon.

Up the U's

That would then leave:

Doncaster Home - huge match ginormous etc etc
Coventry Away
Millwall Home
Blackpool Away
Peterbore Home
Crewe Away
Burton Home
Barnsley Away
Rochdale Home

WE CAN DO THIS!!!

Durham_exile

Saddle up for three valuable points on 15:45 - Mar 19 with 1609 viewsdurham_exile

Saddle up for three valuable points on 14:19 - Mar 19 by durham_exile

Leadbelly no you haven't missed anything - my mistake he is playing, I thought that his loan deal was over. He would be number two on the team list after Moncur.

KK makes two changes to my side!!!!!

Edwards and Chambers for Brindley and Eastman

I think that this team can and will win this afternoon.

Up the U's

That would then leave:

Doncaster Home - huge match ginormous etc etc
Coventry Away
Millwall Home
Blackpool Away
Peterbore Home
Crewe Away
Burton Home
Barnsley Away
Rochdale Home

WE CAN DO THIS!!!

9 shots for the U's 4 on target only a matter of time for the super U's

Durham_exile

Saddle up for three valuable points on 15:51 - Mar 19 with 1608 viewsdurham_exile

Saddle up for three valuable points on 15:45 - Mar 19 by durham_exile

9 shots for the U's 4 on target only a matter of time for the super U's

And now you're gonna believe us the U's are staying up

Come on

Durham_exile

Saddle up for three valuable points on 15:53 - Mar 19 with 1605 viewswessex_exile

Saddle up for three valuable points on 15:51 - Mar 19 by durham_exile

And now you're gonna believe us the U's are staying up

Come on

Damn this hope!

How often have we seen domination not converted into goals this season - good job Gilbey!!

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Saddle up for three valuable points on 16:00 - Mar 19 with 1604 viewsdurham_exile

Saddle up for three valuable points on 15:53 - Mar 19 by wessex_exile

Damn this hope!

How often have we seen domination not converted into goals this season - good job Gilbey!!

Wessex - big second half to come, but if three points are secured we are no longer bottom of the league and have in order of potential difficulty:

Crewe, Blackpool and Doncaster to play.

Plus: Rochdale, Peterbore and Barnsley

then Coventry, Millwall and Burton

We would need 19 points from 9 games to reach 50 points.

This is not over.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Saddle up for three valuable points on 16:23 - Mar 19 with 1600 viewsdurham_exile

Saddle up for three valuable points on 16:00 - Mar 19 by durham_exile

Wessex - big second half to come, but if three points are secured we are no longer bottom of the league and have in order of potential difficulty:

Crewe, Blackpool and Doncaster to play.

Plus: Rochdale, Peterbore and Barnsley

then Coventry, Millwall and Burton

We would need 19 points from 9 games to reach 50 points.

This is not over.

Up the U's

14 shots 7 on target for the U's

Durham_exile

Saddle up for three valuable points on 16:51 - Mar 19 with 1589 viewsdurham_exile

Saddle up for three valuable points on 16:23 - Mar 19 by durham_exile

14 shots 7 on target for the U's

Another late equaliser

Durham_exile

Login to get fewer ads

Saddle up for three valuable points on 16:59 - Mar 19 with 1579 viewswessex_exile

Saddle up for three valuable points on 16:51 - Mar 19 by durham_exile

Another late equaliser

...and an even later second to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. Still, stout heart, as it sounded like a very good performance against one of the sides going for automatic promotion.

Heyho :-(

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Saddle up for three valuable points on 17:00 - Mar 19 with 1579 viewsdurham_exile

Saddle up for three valuable points on 16:51 - Mar 19 by durham_exile

Another late equaliser

Very hard to take totally undeserved Walsall win.

The damage was done weeks ago but this is devastating

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Saddle up for three valuable points on 17:01 - Mar 19 with 1576 viewsColukev

No excuse.

Spent the whole second half watching soccer Saturday just waiting for the equaliser. Just knew it was going to happen.

Once scores were level, again you just knew what was coming next.

I don't care how well we played, yet again we do not play for the full 95 minutes...and that rules the first 90 out.

I have not held any hope for a long while. Days like today are exactly why
Saddle up for three valuable points on 17:24 - Mar 19 with 1554 viewsdurham_exile

Attendance 5,818

134 of the faithful

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Saddle up for three valuable points on 17:27 - Mar 19 with 1550 viewsgerry_us

Saddle up for three valuable points on 17:01 - Mar 19 by Colukev

No excuse.

Spent the whole second half watching soccer Saturday just waiting for the equaliser. Just knew it was going to happen.

Once scores were level, again you just knew what was coming next.

I don't care how well we played, yet again we do not play for the full 95 minutes...and that rules the first 90 out.

I have not held any hope for a long while. Days like today are exactly why

There I was on my sunbed snug in the knowledge we are winning with only a couple of minutes to go. Then woke up with start and a bad premonition and low and behold we have done it AGAIN. No team in the Universe must give away so many goals in the last couple of minutes than we do. Is it bad luck or naivety on the part of players or management. Nothing more to look forward to this season then
Saddle up for three valuable points on 17:34 - Mar 19 with 1537 viewspwrightsknees

Sorry to state the obvious, but we deserve to be where we are.
Saddle up for three valuable points on 17:40 - Mar 19 with 1530 viewsgerry_us

Saddle up for three valuable points on 17:34 - Mar 19 by pwrightsknees

Sorry to state the obvious, but we deserve to be where we are.

Putting our problems to one side for a brief moment that was a bell of a good win for Braintree against the league leaders. Local Darby looms even closer?
Saddle up for three valuable points on 17:43 - Mar 19 with 1528 viewsColukev

When with 5 minutes left I a winning position, the fact we expect to lose still speaks volumes about where we are, and the deepest feelings of even the most optimistic.

I hope we are going to have a massive over haul of the squad. Get what money we can for moncur (he isn't going to want to stay anyway)

Keep the youthies who have broken through over the last couple of years, and rebuild with new experienced players.

Surely it's not hard to build a successful team on the cheap in league 2. We cannot rely on just the kids, and any experience we do currently have is clearly worth f all. Get rid of them all.
Saddle up for three valuable points on 17:46 - Mar 19 with 1522 viewsLeadbelly

Played well again, lost again. Six points from the last thirty available, with many points dropped late in games. When KK bemoaned our poor game management was anyone listening? PWK is spot on...we deserve to be where we are.

Saddle up for three valuable points on 18:32 - Mar 19 with 1484 viewsdurham_exile

Saddle up for three valuable points on 17:46 - Mar 19 by Leadbelly

Played well again, lost again. Six points from the last thirty available, with many points dropped late in games. When KK bemoaned our poor game management was anyone listening? PWK is spot on...we deserve to be where we are.

None of which makes me feel any better this evening.

Absolutely gutted, the writing has been on the wall for weeks but conceding late goals has cost us 4 points in the last 7 days alone.

Sick as a parrot doesn't cut the mustard tonight. League two is going to be horrendous, nothing to look forward to.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Saddle up for three valuable points on 18:48 - Mar 19 with 1475 viewsmfb_cufc

Saddle up for three valuable points on 18:32 - Mar 19 by durham_exile

None of which makes me feel any better this evening.

Absolutely gutted, the writing has been on the wall for weeks but conceding late goals has cost us 4 points in the last 7 days alone.

Sick as a parrot doesn't cut the mustard tonight. League two is going to be horrendous, nothing to look forward to.

Up the U's

It is actually 5 points lost in 7 days, Durham. In fact we have lost 29 points from leading in games this season. Absolutely horrendous record, and everybody associated with club should be ashamed of themselves.

mfb

Saddle up for three valuable points on 18:57 - Mar 19 with 1471 viewsLeadbelly

Saddle up for three valuable points on 17:43 - Mar 19 by Colukev

When with 5 minutes left I a winning position, the fact we expect to lose still speaks volumes about where we are, and the deepest feelings of even the most optimistic.

I hope we are going to have a massive over haul of the squad. Get what money we can for moncur (he isn't going to want to stay anyway)

Keep the youthies who have broken through over the last couple of years, and rebuild with new experienced players.

Surely it's not hard to build a successful team on the cheap in league 2. We cannot rely on just the kids, and any experience we do currently have is clearly worth f all. Get rid of them all.

Cheer up...Humes will be responsible for assembling our squad for next season. With his track record there is every chance we won't stay in League 2 for long.

Saddle up for three valuable points on 19:38 - Mar 19 with 1451 viewsbwildered

Parish, Eastman and Ambrose are out of contract . Gilbey to depart. Everyone else still under contract, so cannot see much reconstruction .
So the only question is does Keen sign Lee who is obviously under observation .
Now playing has L2 club, will the club be able to prize a decent season loanee , job for the Director of Football to solve .

What is required you cannot buy, a born leader, a player to put pride and passion back in the wearing of the shirt .

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Saddle up for three valuable points on 20:06 - Mar 19 with 1443 viewsdurham_exile

Saddle up for three valuable points on 18:48 - Mar 19 by mfb_cufc

It is actually 5 points lost in 7 days, Durham. In fact we have lost 29 points from leading in games this season. Absolutely horrendous record, and everybody associated with club should be ashamed of themselves.

MFB quite right five points.

I suppose 9 wins is out of the question.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Saddle up for three valuable points on 20:11 - Mar 19 with 1437 viewsmfb_cufc

After today, one win is out of the question.

mfb

Saddle up for three valuable points on 21:47 - Mar 19 with 1394 viewsLeadbelly

Saddle up for three valuable points on 19:38 - Mar 19 by bwildered

Parish, Eastman and Ambrose are out of contract . Gilbey to depart. Everyone else still under contract, so cannot see much reconstruction .
So the only question is does Keen sign Lee who is obviously under observation .
Now playing has L2 club, will the club be able to prize a decent season loanee , job for the Director of Football to solve .

What is required you cannot buy, a born leader, a player to put pride and passion back in the wearing of the shirt .

I seem to recall our director of football, when manager, was quite adept at alienating contracted players. If anyone can clear out the dressing room it must be Humes.

Saddle up for three valuable points on 22:49 - Mar 19 with 1370 viewsFruitbat

Is it worth pointing out that as of today we are now mathematically unable to make the play-offs?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024