Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A word for tonights referee... 21:59 - Mar 25 with 3344 viewsDaleaholic

Fantastic.

Let the game flow and used common sense. Didn't have many decisions to make in all honesty but thought he was the best ref we've had all season.

Poll: What should happen with the 'Bowlee fund' money?

A word for tonights referee... on 22:01 - Mar 25 with 3325 views442Dale

Agreed, he was very good.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

A word for tonights referee... on 22:03 - Mar 25 with 3301 viewsSuddenLad

Terrific game by the referee. He is in his last season, has no aspirations to go on to better things, has nothing to gain by pleasing the assessors and used his common sense to allow the game to flow as it should.

No bookings, a few 'words' where necessary and everyone, supporters included, benefited.

Well done Mr. Miller.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

A word for tonights referee... on 22:04 - Mar 25 with 3273 viewsSandyman

Hardly knew he was there in a game that didn't need an overly fussy ref. No cards issued in a game with only 12 fouls. Well done Mr Miller.
A word for tonights referee... on 22:24 - Mar 25 with 3149 viewsD_Alien

The ref was excellent, helped by two teams who simply wanted to play football. The no messing when a player was down injured kicking the the ball out then returning it to the opposition exemplified the spirit in which the game was played.

A pleasure to watch, and Portsmouth deserve credit for trying to play football (not as well as us!) in their perilous position.

I could be wrong, but when the Pompey fans cheered ironically early in the second half - was it because that was the very first foul conceded by the Dale?
[Post edited 25 Mar 2014 22:32]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

A word for tonights referee... on 22:25 - Mar 25 with 3130 viewsColDale

A word for tonights referee... on 22:24 - Mar 25 by D_Alien

The ref was excellent, helped by two teams who simply wanted to play football. The no messing when a player was down injured kicking the the ball out then returning it to the opposition exemplified the spirit in which the game was played.

A pleasure to watch, and Portsmouth deserve credit for trying to play football (not as well as us!) in their perilous position.

I could be wrong, but when the Pompey fans cheered ironically early in the second half - was it because that was the very first foul conceded by the Dale?

was that not for the first shot on goal by Pompey? And then we went full length of the pitch and scored.
A word for tonights referee... on 22:29 - Mar 25 with 3073 viewsDaley_Lama

A word for tonights referee... on 22:25 - Mar 25 by ColDale

was that not for the first shot on goal by Pompey? And then we went full length of the pitch and scored.

They should have scored first half, free header 6 yards out, over the bar.

I want a clock on Lillis to the back of the net. 7 seconds is my guess.

Poll: DF in or out

A word for tonights referee... on 22:32 - Mar 25 with 3042 views442Dale

A word for tonights referee... on 22:24 - Mar 25 by D_Alien

Portsmouth took it too far though. They were barely competing at times. Barker has had it there if that's any indication of how his teams play, no desire at all once they realised the game was lost.

The biggest goal for them tonight was Wimbledon's last minute equaliser at Northampton. Without it, Pompey would have been my odds on favourites for the drop. As it is, it could knock the stuffing out of Northampton a bit.
[Post edited 25 Mar 2014 22:41]

A word for tonights referee... on 22:32 - Mar 25 with 3034 viewsColDale

A word for tonights referee... on 22:29 - Mar 25 by Daley_Lama

There was huge praise from the bench and the team for Lillis after that goal. It is Lillis' performances that Flicker is wanting from Jensen - the days of a keeper just being a shot stopper are long gone. Lillis doesn't allow the opposition a moment's breath - and to think a certain previous manager would insist on Lillis rolling the ball out to the edge of the penalty box to one of the back four every time.
Login to get fewer ads

A word for tonights referee... on 22:34 - Mar 25 with 3009 viewsColDale

A word for tonights referee... on 22:32 - Mar 25 by 442Dale

Portsmouth took it too far though. They were barely competing at times. Barker has had it there if that's any indication of how his teams play, no desire at all once they realised the game was lost.

The biggest goal for them tonight was Wimbledon's last minute equaliser at Northampton. Without it, Pompey would have been my odds on favourites for the drop. As it is, it could knock the stuffing out of Northampton a bit.
[Post edited 25 Mar 2014 22:41]

Barker was down that tunnel tonight before the ref had even finished blowing his whistle. So many away fans taking time off work and he skulks away before he can be noticed. He's very lucky the Pompey fans are so happy clappy. Wouldn't get away with it at most other clubs.
A word for tonights referee... on 22:34 - Mar 25 with 3008 views442Dale

A word for tonights referee... on 22:32 - Mar 25 by ColDale

There was huge praise from the bench and the team for Lillis after that goal. It is Lillis' performances that Flicker is wanting from Jensen - the days of a keeper just being a shot stopper are long gone. Lillis doesn't allow the opposition a moment's breath - and to think a certain previous manager would insist on Lillis rolling the ball out to the edge of the penalty box to one of the back four every time.

You're more likely to get a sub-ten second 100m out of Jensen.

A word for tonights referee... on 22:57 - Mar 25 with 2904 viewsboromat

Credit where credit is due, by far the best officials we've had all season!!!

Poll: What are we more excited for?

A word for tonights referee... on 10:10 - Mar 26 with 2655 viewsParkinsGimp

Have to agree superb display by the ref last night well done sir it was a pleasure.
Was also nice to see that Pompey didnt roll around the floor or play act which could of been used as delaying and disruption tactics against better opposition. Just such a poor side I fear they could go down.
A word for tonights referee... on 13:43 - Mar 26 with 2547 viewsnordenblue

Brilliant ref last night,a couple of times he let a blatant free kick run for a couple of seconds to see what developed then pulled the offence back when no advantage was gained.
Nothing to do with our result as we beat Accy too last time out at home but the difference in standard of refs is poles apart.
A word for tonights referee... on 14:08 - Mar 26 with 2494 viewsDaley_Lama

A word for tonights referee... on 22:29 - Mar 25 by Daley_Lama

My stopwatch says 7 seconds from Joshykins' boot to the back of the net.

What their midfielder was doing with his air-kick I do not know.

Poll: DF in or out

A word for tonights referee... on 16:18 - Mar 26 with 2407 viewsolympicdale

Agreed. It took me until around 75mins to notice him, granted he didn't have much to do, but hearing about ones we've had recently, was refreshing to see.

Life is a game of fate.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024