Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Queens Park Rangers have received a £6million offer from Middlesbrough 12:28 - Jan 21 with 25124 viewsRJ7

For Phillips according to 'Sky sources'.

I'm sure there's room in the car for Leroy too..
Queens Park Rangers have received a £6million offer from Middlesbrough on 13:42 - Jan 21 with 3037 viewsJonDoeman

Queens Park Rangers have received a £6million offer from Middlesbrough on 13:16 - Jan 21 by LongsufferingR

....to which we could add the dozens of his signings that cost the club tens of millions with little or no return.

Except promotion ? We were in with a chance of staying up when he left as well. But Les played it wrong didn't he ! Not anti Les, that is a fact .

It Is What It Is !!

Queens Park Rangers have received a £6million offer from Middlesbrough on 13:46 - Jan 21 with 3008 viewsJamie

Queens Park Rangers have received a £6million offer from Middlesbrough on 13:11 - Jan 21 by JonDoeman

We're on a thread about one of his signings getting sold for a nice profit aren't we ?

Except the profit would be all contra'd off against the fcking disgraceful signing of Sandro. And even then we'd be a few million down....
Queens Park Rangers have received a £6million offer from Middlesbrough on 13:46 - Jan 21 with 3006 viewsNorthernr

First of all there's no way we were offered £7m for him in the summer, by anybody. He'd have gone.

Secondly, on the austin for £4m and Phillips for £6m point - that's what happens when a player's contract runs out.

Thirdly, he's obviously been phoning it in the last few games. The way he was walking back to defensive situations at Blackburn was disgraceful. Might be better if we take the good money on offer while we can.

Fourthly - Fully on board with the Adomah swap if Middlesbrough are that keen.
Queens Park Rangers have received a £6million offer from Middlesbrough on 13:49 - Jan 21 with 2999 viewsQPRDave

Promotion was a doddle Jon. Any fool can get Rangers promoted.
Look at this season!
[Post edited 21 Jan 2016 13:51]
Queens Park Rangers have received a £6million offer from Middlesbrough on 13:50 - Jan 21 with 2986 viewsBklynRanger

Seems like a bit of a gamble to turn 6 million down unless he didn't want to go there.

'Stats wise' he's probably still quite effective, despite his regular drops in form, but still, 6 Gs is 6 Gs.
Queens Park Rangers have received a £6million offer from Middlesbrough on 14:01 - Jan 21 with 2929 viewsJonDoeman

Queens Park Rangers have received a £6million offer from Middlesbrough on 13:46 - Jan 21 by Jamie

Except the profit would be all contra'd off against the fcking disgraceful signing of Sandro. And even then we'd be a few million down....

Posted lots of times on here , all the signings that summer were flops & we did shit business, & we fcked up the pre season with all that 5 3 2, I could even find a post from me calling for his head after Spurs away! Don't know if all that comes under "bummed Redknapp into oblivion" Charming phrase btw .
[Post edited 21 Jan 2016 14:05]

It Is What It Is !!

Queens Park Rangers have received a £6million offer from Middlesbrough on 14:03 - Jan 21 with 2909 viewsbaz_qpr

Queens Park Rangers have received a £6million offer from Middlesbrough on 13:46 - Jan 21 by Northernr

First of all there's no way we were offered £7m for him in the summer, by anybody. He'd have gone.

Secondly, on the austin for £4m and Phillips for £6m point - that's what happens when a player's contract runs out.

Thirdly, he's obviously been phoning it in the last few games. The way he was walking back to defensive situations at Blackburn was disgraceful. Might be better if we take the good money on offer while we can.

Are we comparing apples with apples. Austin was £4m + add ons (anything between 5 and 8m depending on reports) where as Phillips is quoted as up to £6m so that is £6m inclusive of add ons. Anywhere close to £8 with 6 upfront and I say deal
Queens Park Rangers have received a £6million offer from Middlesbrough on 14:04 - Jan 21 with 2901 viewsJonDoeman

Queens Park Rangers have received a £6million offer from Middlesbrough on 13:49 - Jan 21 by QPRDave

Promotion was a doddle Jon. Any fool can get Rangers promoted.
Look at this season!
[Post edited 21 Jan 2016 13:51]

He did a good job that season Dave , plenty have thrown money at that league & failed .

It Is What It Is !!

Login to get fewer ads

Queens Park Rangers have received a £6million offer from Middlesbrough on 14:06 - Jan 21 with 2887 viewsJonDoeman

Queens Park Rangers have received a £6million offer from Middlesbrough on 13:46 - Jan 21 by Northernr

Dave Mc reported the 7 mill the other day .

It Is What It Is !!

Queens Park Rangers have received a £6million offer from Middlesbrough on 14:08 - Jan 21 with 2879 viewsLowerloftLad

That's going to be the 3rd player in a month we received a fee for I still think green and fer will be sold in the next few days too

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

Queens Park Rangers have received a £6million offer from Middlesbrough on 14:10 - Jan 21 with 2857 viewsNorthernr

Queens Park Rangers have received a £6million offer from Middlesbrough on 14:08 - Jan 21 by LowerloftLad

That's going to be the 3rd player in a month we received a fee for I still think green and fer will be sold in the next few days too

Which is a good thing, chuck some of it towards making our budget more workable, and reinvest the rest in players like Washington.
Queens Park Rangers have received a £6million offer from Middlesbrough on 14:11 - Jan 21 with 2843 viewsQPRDave

Queens Park Rangers have received a £6million offer from Middlesbrough on 14:04 - Jan 21 by JonDoeman

He did a good job that season Dave , plenty have thrown money at that league & failed .

Agree.
Queens Park Rangers have received a £6million offer from Middlesbrough on 14:12 - Jan 21 with 2840 viewsLowerloftLad

Yeah I think it's great and hopefully a couple of younger players who see QPR as a step up I'd love to see Robinson get a run out towards he end of the season too
[Post edited 21 Jan 2016 14:13]

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

Queens Park Rangers have received a £6million offer from Middlesbrough on 14:13 - Jan 21 with 2823 viewsjamois

Queens Park Rangers have received a £6million offer from Middlesbrough on 14:10 - Jan 21 by Northernr

Which is a good thing, chuck some of it towards making our budget more workable, and reinvest the rest in players like Washington.

Who have you scouted Northern that would be a nice developing prospect to pick up for 1 to 3 mill to replace Phillips? Any ideas? Not being sarky here, genuine question. You tend to know of some good sorts I've never heard of or seen play. In fact I still like the idea of Karl Robinson for manager once Jimmy gets fired next autumn.

Poll: What's our back 4 for Wembley?

Queens Park Rangers have received a £6million offer from Middlesbrough on 14:13 - Jan 21 with 2814 viewsaston_hoop

Queens Park Rangers have received a £6million offer from Middlesbrough on 14:08 - Jan 21 by LowerloftLad

Interview with Fer today where he says Jimmy has told him he wants him to stay. Kind of hope he gets overridden on that one thing though. This all feels like a positive move to a more sustainable QPR that we can all get behind. Would definitely be keen on a cash plus Adomah move too, always liked him.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Queens Park Rangers have received a £6million offer from Middlesbrough on 14:20 - Jan 21 with 2593 viewsJamie

Queens Park Rangers have received a £6million offer from Middlesbrough on 14:13 - Jan 21 by jamois

Who have you scouted Northern that would be a nice developing prospect to pick up for 1 to 3 mill to replace Phillips? Any ideas? Not being sarky here, genuine question. You tend to know of some good sorts I've never heard of or seen play. In fact I still like the idea of Karl Robinson for manager once Jimmy gets fired next autumn.

Would ask for Adomah to be part of a deal with Boro.

If not, I'd give Petrasso 10-15 games - with Mackie coming off the bench - to see what he can really do.

Quick, eye for a pass, has scored goals,?can play anywhere across the front line and puts in a shift defensively.

Exactly the sort if youngster who should be getting an extended chance.
Queens Park Rangers have received a £6million offer from Middlesbrough on 14:23 - Jan 21 with 2559 viewssimmo

Queens Park Rangers have received a £6million offer from Middlesbrough on 14:13 - Jan 21 by jamois

Not sure we'd even have to find a replacement this season, with Mackie and Petrasso around, but I'd take James Henry all day long, he's basically a right footed Lee Cook.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Queens Park Rangers have received a £6million offer from Middlesbrough on 14:24 - Jan 21 with 2551 viewsSuffolkHoop

Burton Albion have a few very decent attacking players that JFH will know well. Lucas Akins and Abdenasser El Khayati - both 26, both wingers or strikers.
[Post edited 21 Jan 2016 14:29]
Queens Park Rangers have received a £6million offer from Middlesbrough on 14:24 - Jan 21 with 2551 viewsMick_S

Zinger Tower please mate.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Queens Park Rangers have received a £6million offer from Middlesbrough on 14:38 - Jan 21 with 2500 viewsadhoc_qpr

I like the fact Phillips is a goal threat, which is pretty rare for us in recent years.

But £6m is decent money and we wouldn't even need to sign a direct replacement with Mackie and Petrasso in the squad already.

I'd take Lee Tomlin from Bournemouth though - always thought he was handy!
[Post edited 21 Jan 2016 14:44]
Queens Park Rangers have received a £6million offer from Middlesbrough on 16:09 - Jan 21 with 2298 viewsTonto

lets just remember here that the report is a deal "woth up to £6m".

So we havent necessarily rejected a £6m offer...

do we know what the cash up front bit was? NO... it could have been anything
do we know the trigger clauses for the additional payments were? NO
do we know if another club has made an enquiry? NO

it could be these that were rejected not the overall amount... lets say the initial payment was £500k and one of the trigger payments was him playing for England? would you take that? Probably not. So lets not just criticise the club for stuff we dont know.

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Queens Park Rangers have received a £6million offer from Middlesbrough on 16:43 - Jan 21 with 2209 viewsRJ7

'Meanwhile, Brentford are interested in QPR’s Samba Diakite, it is claimed'.

if we could get shot of him, King Green & Leroy this month I'd be very chuffed indeed..
Queens Park Rangers have received a £6million offer from Middlesbrough on 16:44 - Jan 21 with 2203 viewsbob566

Queens Park Rangers have received a £6million offer from Middlesbrough on 16:09 - Jan 21 by Tonto

lets just remember here that the report is a deal "woth up to £6m".

So we havent necessarily rejected a £6m offer...

do we know what the cash up front bit was? NO... it could have been anything
do we know the trigger clauses for the additional payments were? NO
do we know if another club has made an enquiry? NO

it could be these that were rejected not the overall amount... lets say the initial payment was £500k and one of the trigger payments was him playing for England? would you take that? Probably not. So lets not just criticise the club for stuff we dont know.

whatever it is it will never beat the clusterfoch that was the trevor Sinclair deal. Who was in the corner for west ham that day and who was fighting ours because we must have had audley Harrison boxing for us on that deal. I don't think it will ever be beaten.

What was it. Tim breaker and ludek miklosko for Sinclair. Ok there might have been a million thrown in too. So whatever transfers we do now nowt will ever top that one.
Queens Park Rangers have received a £6million offer from Middlesbrough on 16:46 - Jan 21 with 2194 viewsMaggsinho

Queens Park Rangers have received a £6million offer from Middlesbrough on 16:44 - Jan 21 by bob566

whatever it is it will never beat the clusterfoch that was the trevor Sinclair deal. Who was in the corner for west ham that day and who was fighting ours because we must have had audley Harrison boxing for us on that deal. I don't think it will ever be beaten.

What was it. Tim breaker and ludek miklosko for Sinclair. Ok there might have been a million thrown in too. So whatever transfers we do now nowt will ever top that one.

Worse than that, it was Breacker plus Keith Rowland (plus £2m I think).

Awful.
Queens Park Rangers have received a £6million offer from Middlesbrough on 17:26 - Jan 21 with 2078 viewsjohncharles

Be sad to see him go, there's a good player in there somewhere. We never got the best out him.
A winger needs to be encouraged to make runs, have the ball played in front of him when he's running. It's one of the the things that made Dave Thomas great, as soon as Gerry got the ball he was racing down the wing knowing the ball was coming a yard in front of him.
Ah well, time to take the money. We need to cut the wage bill and breathe some fresh air into the team.

Strong and stable my arse.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024