Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Queens Park Rangers have received a £6million offer from Middlesbrough 12:28 - Jan 21 with 25128 viewsRJ7

For Phillips according to 'Sky sources'.

I'm sure there's room in the car for Leroy too..
Queens Park Rangers have received a £6million offer from Middlesbrough on 17:45 - Jan 21 with 3963 viewsTacticalR

Queens Park Rangers have received a £6million offer from Middlesbrough on 16:44 - Jan 21 by bob566

whatever it is it will never beat the clusterfoch that was the trevor Sinclair deal. Who was in the corner for west ham that day and who was fighting ours because we must have had audley Harrison boxing for us on that deal. I don't think it will ever be beaten.

What was it. Tim breaker and ludek miklosko for Sinclair. Ok there might have been a million thrown in too. So whatever transfers we do now nowt will ever top that one.

West Ham had Harry in their corner, we had Ray Harford.

Air hostess clique

Queens Park Rangers have received a £6million offer from Middlesbrough on 17:45 - Jan 21 with 3959 viewsRangersw12

Dowie was also part of the deal
Queens Park Rangers have received a £6million offer from Middlesbrough on 18:23 - Jan 21 with 3861 viewsJamie

At the risk of a restraining order from Petrasso:

Two footed, plays on either wing, direct, gets himself into position to head in the cross, this is a kid who should absolutely be given the rest of the season replacing Phillips if/when he goes.
Queens Park Rangers have received a £6million offer from Middlesbrough on 18:34 - Jan 21 with 3844 viewsItalianR

Queens Park Rangers have received a £6million offer from Middlesbrough on 13:30 - Jan 21 by jamois

Phillips is better than anything we have at the moment IMO. I still think he's been largely shite mind you. But with JFH at the helm I'm ever hopeful of significant improvements in his play and his effort. Especially with a JFH pre-season in him. So if we got 7m for him, who would we get to replace him? MY view would be to stick with and not sell unless either the player is intent on leaving or someone offers 10m.

Do we really need to replace him with someone? We've got Mackie, Holiett, Petrasso, Chery, Yun, Gladwin (we can always call him back, he'd enjoy that) and apparently Henry and Fer (if you trust the former managers who put them there) to cover that role.
Queens Park Rangers have received a £6million offer from Middlesbrough on 20:07 - Jan 21 with 3687 viewsbosh67

£6m seems fair to me. He can be a very good player but consistent he is not. Sorry to sound like Yoda there.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Queens Park Rangers have received a £6million offer from Middlesbrough on 21:19 - Jan 21 with 3550 viewsderbyhoop

The fact is that almost every player at almost every club will be sold if the deal is right. In our case, we have to cut our costs because we won't be getting £64m from Sky this season (nor a few seasons to come). Getting rid of all the players out of contract last Summer made a dent. Relegation clauses in players' contracts should also be added to the savings. But the fact is that our income will be 50% of what it was last year and we still have the threat of FFP sanctions hanging over us.
If we could have got the deals we were after last Summer, we'd have done them. Fer failed a medical at Sunderland, nobody was prepared to do any sort of deal for Sandro, and we didn't get the fees we were demanding for Autin and Phillips. So now we're trying to do those deals mid-season, when we've got little to play for, halfway through January. I believe Phillips will go this January but why would we take the first offer on the table, when we know there is interest from PL clubs, as opposed to a club who will be there in 5 months time.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Queens Park Rangers have received a £6million offer from Middlesbrough on 22:41 - Jan 21 with 3451 viewsPunteR

Queens Park Rangers have received a £6million offer from Middlesbrough on 14:24 - Jan 21 by Mick_S

Zinger Tower please mate.

Is this Albert adomah?
And why does Albert adomah have a QPR top on ?
And why is DannybellMFC hiding in a cupboard behind the counter at KFC taking photos?
And what is Albert adomah favorite KFC crushem?

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Queens Park Rangers have received a £6million offer from Middlesbrough on 10:12 - Jan 22 with 3293 viewsJuzzie

Queens Park Rangers have received a £6million offer from Middlesbrough on 13:01 - Jan 21 by Clive_Anderson

£4m for Austin whilst turning down £6m for Philips .

Wibble.

If that was the case it's not really wibble. One player has a year and a half of their contract left and the other 5 1/2 months.

Fees aren't just reflective of the players ability anymore, it's as much about buying out the remaining duration of the contract as anything else. The less time there is, the less they are worth.

[Post edited 22 Jan 2016 10:13]
Login to get fewer ads

Queens Park Rangers have received a £6million offer from Middlesbrough on 10:27 - Jan 22 with 3253 viewsCamberleyR

Queens Park Rangers have received a £6million offer from Middlesbrough on 16:46 - Jan 21 by Maggsinho

Worse than that, it was Breacker plus Keith Rowland (plus £2m I think).

Awful.

It was Rowland + Dowie. Breacker came along a bit later.

The stats files on qprnet.com say that Rowland + Dowie arrived in January 1998 and Breacker in February 1999. Rowland and Dowie were valued at £400k and £100k respectively.

Breacker came on a free transfer.
[Post edited 22 Jan 2016 10:39]

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Queens Park Rangers have received a £6million offer from Middlesbrough on 11:13 - Jan 22 with 3177 viewsQPunkR

Queens Park Rangers have received a £6million offer from Middlesbrough on 16:09 - Jan 21 by Tonto

lets just remember here that the report is a deal "woth up to £6m".

So we havent necessarily rejected a £6m offer...

do we know what the cash up front bit was? NO... it could have been anything
do we know the trigger clauses for the additional payments were? NO
do we know if another club has made an enquiry? NO

it could be these that were rejected not the overall amount... lets say the initial payment was £500k and one of the trigger payments was him playing for England? would you take that? Probably not. So lets not just criticise the club for stuff we dont know.

If one of the trigger payments was our Scottish international playing for England then whoever did sign off on that really would be a fkn numbnuts!!

QPR - "shit but local"

Queens Park Rangers have received a £6million offer from Middlesbrough on 11:28 - Jan 22 with 3150 viewsTGRRRSSS

If we can get 7-10 mill that represents good business assume he's on quite a high earner as well so makes sense in every way.
Queens Park Rangers have received a £6million offer from Middlesbrough on 11:46 - Jan 22 with 3092 viewsexiled_dictator

Queens Park Rangers have received a £6million offer from Middlesbrough on 11:28 - Jan 22 by TGRRRSSS

If we can get 7-10 mill that represents good business assume he's on quite a high earner as well so makes sense in every way.

20k a week.

not high for top premiership players
too high for championship
he not top premiership
too expensive for where we need to be heading
just doesn't provide enough to justify those numbers

It's not what you've got; it's where you stick it.
Poll: Climate Change

Queens Park Rangers have received a £6million offer from Middlesbrough on 11:57 - Jan 22 with 3060 viewsNW10Hoop

Queens Park Rangers have received a £6million offer from Middlesbrough on 11:46 - Jan 22 by exiled_dictator

20k a week.

not high for top premiership players
too high for championship
he not top premiership
too expensive for where we need to be heading
just doesn't provide enough to justify those numbers

I reckon there's plenty of decent (and only decent) Championship players on £20k. I doubt there's many Premier league players that get any game time that are on less.

I'd probably be up for letting him go though, fairly frustrating to watch him. When he is having a little purple patch you wonder what is stopping him from playing so well the rest of the time.

Yes to Adomah coming here too!
Queens Park Rangers have received a £6million offer from Middlesbrough on 12:03 - Jan 22 with 3025 viewsbacardiinbrissie

6mill for Phillips?
He should be gone already. Take the cash and invest in a player who can do it consistently. Not once every now and them
Bye bye Matty. Thanks for your help
Queens Park Rangers have received a £6million offer from Middlesbrough on 12:59 - Jan 22 with 2980 viewssimmo

Queens Park Rangers have received a £6million offer from Middlesbrough on 11:57 - Jan 22 by NW10Hoop

I reckon there's plenty of decent (and only decent) Championship players on £20k. I doubt there's many Premier league players that get any game time that are on less.

I'd probably be up for letting him go though, fairly frustrating to watch him. When he is having a little purple patch you wonder what is stopping him from playing so well the rest of the time.

Yes to Adomah coming here too!

The average wage in the Championship is going to be WELL below that. I would say more than half the clubs in this league wouldn't have 1 player on 20k or more.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Queens Park Rangers have received a £6million offer from Middlesbrough on 14:51 - Jan 22 with 2859 viewsthemodfather

qpr want nearer £9m?/
yeah we got the £15m for charlie too didn't we? and leicester offered £12m close season too......take the £6m
Queens Park Rangers have received a £6million offer from Middlesbrough on 14:54 - Jan 22 with 2855 viewskensalriser

Will we keep on selling our highest goalscorers until we're left with players who've scored one at most?

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Queens Park Rangers have received a £6million offer from Middlesbrough on 19:52 - Jan 22 with 2712 viewsCamberleyR

Queens Park Rangers have received a £6million offer from Middlesbrough on 14:51 - Jan 22 by themodfather

qpr want nearer £9m?/
yeah we got the £15m for charlie too didn't we? and leicester offered £12m close season too......take the £6m

Leicester offered £12m and Charlie didn't want to move there so the point is irrelevant.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Queens Park Rangers have received a £6million offer from Middlesbrough on 20:05 - Jan 22 with 2673 viewsMatch82

Queens Park Rangers have received a £6million offer from Middlesbrough on 14:54 - Jan 22 by kensalriser

Will we keep on selling our highest goalscorers until we're left with players who've scored one at most?

Yes. We can then market multiple players at the same time as "QPRs leading goalscorer". Genius.
Queens Park Rangers have received a £6million offer from Middlesbrough on 22:09 - Jan 22 with 2559 viewsTacticalR

Queens Park Rangers have received a £6million offer from Middlesbrough on 14:54 - Jan 22 by kensalriser

If I didn't know better I'd say that the old mania of blindly buying players has been replaced with the new mania of blindly selling players.

Air hostess clique

Queens Park Rangers have received a £6million offer from Middlesbrough on 22:30 - Jan 22 with 2529 viewsCiderwithRsie

Queens Park Rangers have received a £6million offer from Middlesbrough on 10:27 - Jan 22 by CamberleyR

The stats files on qprnet.com say that Rowland + Dowie arrived in January 1998 and Breacker in February 1999. Rowland and Dowie were valued at £400k and £100k respectively.

Breaker was overpriced at that
Queens Park Rangers have received a £6million offer from Middlesbrough on 00:14 - Jan 23 with 2457 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Queens Park Rangers have received a £6million offer from Middlesbrough on 10:27 - Jan 22 by CamberleyR

Arguably the worst transfer deal in our history. Was that another Harry special?

Another one that stuck in my throat was the sale of Peter Crouch for £1.5million to Pompey only for them to sell him to Aston Villa for £5million barely 8 months later.
Queens Park Rangers have received a £6million offer from Middlesbrough on 00:34 - Jan 23 with 2435 viewsMatch82

Queens Park Rangers have received a £6million offer from Middlesbrough on 00:14 - Jan 23 by Benny_the_Ball

Arguably the worst transfer deal in our history. Was that another Harry special?

Another one that stuck in my throat was the sale of Peter Crouch for £1.5million to Pompey only for them to sell him to Aston Villa for £5million barely 8 months later.

To be fair, I think we had a pretty big sell on clause in there too, maybe as much as 25%. So at least there was that.
Queens Park Rangers have received a £6million offer from Middlesbrough on 02:42 - Jan 23 with 2390 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Queens Park Rangers have received a £6million offer from Middlesbrough on 00:34 - Jan 23 by Match82

To be fair, I think we had a pretty big sell on clause in there too, maybe as much as 25%. So at least there was that.

If that's the case thanks for exercising that demon! That's been bugging me since 2002.
Queens Park Rangers have received a £6million offer from Middlesbrough on 17:52 - Jan 23 with 2261 viewsQPRDave

I know a few days ago the talk was we'd take Adomah as part of this deal (he has since stated he ain't interested) which imo is good. Dosen't matter whether he's an R, think we need younger better value.
But saw a rumour that it wasn't AA we were interested in but a player named Adam Reach, currently on loan at Preston (scored today)
Think we should go down this route or as Suffolk suggested the Burton players
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024