Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Queens Park Rangers have received a £6million offer from Middlesbrough 12:28 - Jan 21 with 25129 viewsRJ7

For Phillips according to 'Sky sources'.

I'm sure there's room in the car for Leroy too..
Queens Park Rangers have received a £6million offer from Middlesbrough on 14:38 - Jan 29 with 2905 viewsTacticalR

Some people would sell their own grandmother.

Air hostess clique

Queens Park Rangers have received a £6million offer from Middlesbrough on 14:39 - Jan 29 with 2898 viewssimmo

Queens Park Rangers have received a £6million offer from Middlesbrough on 14:21 - Jan 29 by Antti_Heinola

Agree, but that wasn't my point. If we get a decent fee I would sell, but my point was I think people underestimate just what he gives us.
Since last Feb he's got 8 goals and about 12-odd assists (at least). Yes he has shortcomings, but I do feel we'll miss him. He gives us a different dimension.

Yeah, when he's on his game I think that's absolutely true. He's scored some important goals too - but I don't think anybody in our squad is so good that they can't be adequately replaced short term - especially with the limited aspirations we have for this season.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Queens Park Rangers have received a £6million offer from Middlesbrough on 14:52 - Jan 29 with 2863 viewsFDC

Queens Park Rangers have received a £6million offer from Middlesbrough on 12:46 - Jan 26 by simmo

I hear what you're saying and part of me agrees, but the question is - do you think we will finish lower than mid-table without him? IMO we wouldn't, so best to get the fee, eliminate the wages and move on.

This +

I never know where people get wages info from but I would assume he's one of the higher earners surely?
Queens Park Rangers have received a £6million offer from Middlesbrough on 14:58 - Jan 29 with 2843 viewsElHoop

If we are building a side for next season and he's not going to be part of it then he might as well go when we get the money that we want for him.

Yes he's sometimes good but he's sometimes ineffective and lazy as well. If we are building a hard working side then he's going to let us down in terms ov covering the right back. I'm happy to see JFH work on the squad and lose the players who won't fit into future plans and this might well be part of that process. It's about building a side for next season and compared to where we were a few months ago I can see definite signs of progress.
Queens Park Rangers have received a £6million offer from Middlesbrough on 22:03 - Jan 29 with 2721 viewsCamberleyR

Queens Park Rangers have received a £6million offer from Middlesbrough on 14:52 - Jan 29 by FDC

This +

I never know where people get wages info from but I would assume he's one of the higher earners surely?

I wouldn't have thought he was on that much previously at Blackpool. We probably doubled his salary but I wouldn't have said he's on top whack with us.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Queens Park Rangers have received a £6million offer from Middlesbrough on 22:29 - Jan 29 with 2679 viewsconnell10

The simple fact is the bloke dont wanna be here, he thinks he is a prem player imo , so i say sell him and get as much as we can for him! Then its ta very much matty and we move on!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Queens Park Rangers have received a £6million offer from Middlesbrough on 22:43 - Jan 29 with 2658 viewsBasingstokeR

If they can pay £9m rising to £13m for Rhodes, I think we could get a bit more than they offered initially.
Queens Park Rangers have received a £6million offer from Middlesbrough on 09:24 - Jan 31 with 2446 viewsDylanP

Well, this website says we have rejected the 6 million bid and want a bit more money plus the Teessiders young winger Adam Reach.

Whether the deal is worth taking probably depends on whether Reach is any good.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2016/01/21/qpr-reject-middlesbrough-offer-for-matt-phi

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Login to get fewer ads

Queens Park Rangers have received a £6million offer from Middlesbrough on 10:30 - Jan 31 with 2363 viewsTacticalR

Queens Park Rangers have received a £6million offer from Middlesbrough on 22:29 - Jan 29 by connell10

The simple fact is the bloke dont wanna be here, he thinks he is a prem player imo , so i say sell him and get as much as we can for him! Then its ta very much matty and we move on!

Except Middlesbrough aren't in the prem.

Air hostess clique

Queens Park Rangers have received a £6million offer from Middlesbrough on 18:07 - Feb 1 with 2228 viewsRJ7

Not to have taken 6k was ridiculous, what's the point in keeping him until the end of the season then flogging him for 2k (If we're lucky) in the summer.

Would have thought Sir Les would have liked A Reach 'Around' checked into the deal..
Queens Park Rangers have received a £6million offer from Middlesbrough on 18:10 - Feb 1 with 2207 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Queens Park Rangers have received a £6million offer from Middlesbrough on 18:07 - Feb 1 by RJ7

Not to have taken 6k was ridiculous, what's the point in keeping him until the end of the season then flogging him for 2k (If we're lucky) in the summer.

Would have thought Sir Les would have liked A Reach 'Around' checked into the deal..

Somebody offered 6,000?

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Queens Park Rangers have received a £6million offer from Middlesbrough on 18:15 - Feb 1 with 2151 viewsTW_R

Queens Park Rangers have received a £6million offer from Middlesbrough on 18:10 - Feb 1 by BrianMcCarthy

Somebody offered 6,000?

Yeah - it was me. It was all I could afford after selling my grandmother, but I thought if the deal came off, I could flog him on for a quick £5 mill profit.
Queens Park Rangers have received a £6million offer from Middlesbrough on 19:08 - Feb 1 with 1997 viewsTacticalR

Queens Park Rangers have received a £6million offer from Middlesbrough on 18:15 - Feb 1 by TW_R

Yeah - it was me. It was all I could afford after selling my grandmother, but I thought if the deal came off, I could flog him on for a quick £5 mill profit.

The problem is that there is a glut of grandmothers on the market.

Air hostess clique

Queens Park Rangers have received a £6million offer from Middlesbrough on 09:16 - Feb 2 with 1764 viewsJonDoeman

Needed him out this window. The player now holds all the cards, & his value is going one way .

It Is What It Is !!

Queens Park Rangers have received a £6million offer from Middlesbrough on 09:26 - Feb 2 with 1742 viewsrsonist

Impossible to understand the club's position on this. Can only imagine they're wary we might go down this season, or they rate Phillips' contribution so highly and have so little need for good cash that they'd rather let him grudgingly run down his contract. All of which is... misguided.

At least with Austin you were guaranteed an end product (barring injury... real or otherwise) whereas Phillips underwhelms every week.

Sometimes I do wonder if our transfer negotiation strategy isn't just Les "giving it large", presumably while being egged on by Tactics Tim.
[Post edited 2 Feb 2016 9:27]
Queens Park Rangers have received a £6million offer from Middlesbrough on 09:34 - Feb 2 with 1717 viewsdaveB

Queens Park Rangers have received a £6million offer from Middlesbrough on 09:26 - Feb 2 by rsonist

Impossible to understand the club's position on this. Can only imagine they're wary we might go down this season, or they rate Phillips' contribution so highly and have so little need for good cash that they'd rather let him grudgingly run down his contract. All of which is... misguided.

At least with Austin you were guaranteed an end product (barring injury... real or otherwise) whereas Phillips underwhelms every week.

Sometimes I do wonder if our transfer negotiation strategy isn't just Les "giving it large", presumably while being egged on by Tactics Tim.
[Post edited 2 Feb 2016 9:27]

How is Les giving it large? Should he just bend over and sell every player for peanuts? Again like with Austin the player has a say and wanted a move to the prem, no premier league club bid for him so he stays. I don't think the fee will be much different in the summer
Queens Park Rangers have received a £6million offer from Middlesbrough on 10:02 - Feb 2 with 1685 viewsBlue_Castello

Queens Park Rangers have received a £6million offer from Middlesbrough on 09:34 - Feb 2 by daveB

How is Les giving it large? Should he just bend over and sell every player for peanuts? Again like with Austin the player has a say and wanted a move to the prem, no premier league club bid for him so he stays. I don't think the fee will be much different in the summer

Spot on Dave - Far too many doom and gloom merchants saying we have failed, as far as Philips is concerned if the right deal was available he would have gone.
People are making huge assumptions without knowing the facts, the Boro deal was obviously not a good one for the club and maybe Philips didn't fancy the deal either, let's face it going to Boro is no guarantee of Premiership football. The Championship is a tough division and I can still see Hull and Burnley taking the automatic places by the end even with Jordan Rhodes at Boro.
Keeping Philips till the end of the season should help the new players coming into the club and the transfer fee in the summer will not be greatly reduced he should still be on the market for around £6 million as a guesstimate.
[Post edited 2 Feb 2016 10:07]
Queens Park Rangers have received a £6million offer from Middlesbrough on 10:08 - Feb 2 with 1671 viewswhittocksRs

Queens Park Rangers have received a £6million offer from Middlesbrough on 10:02 - Feb 2 by Blue_Castello

Spot on Dave - Far too many doom and gloom merchants saying we have failed, as far as Philips is concerned if the right deal was available he would have gone.
People are making huge assumptions without knowing the facts, the Boro deal was obviously not a good one for the club and maybe Philips didn't fancy the deal either, let's face it going to Boro is no guarantee of Premiership football. The Championship is a tough division and I can still see Hull and Burnley taking the automatic places by the end even with Jordan Rhodes at Boro.
Keeping Philips till the end of the season should help the new players coming into the club and the transfer fee in the summer will not be greatly reduced he should still be on the market for around £6 million as a guesstimate.
[Post edited 2 Feb 2016 10:07]

He's a pretty good player when he wants to be, so let's just be happy we've got a reasonable player on the books. He'll still be worth more than we paid for him in the summer when we have more time to negotiate his deal.
Queens Park Rangers have received a £6million offer from Middlesbrough on 10:22 - Feb 2 with 1645 viewsbosh67

To be fair to Matt he has to think of his family as well in terms of Boro. The club wanted more money and it seems obvious that there is some kind of bad blood at higher levels between us and WBA. We don't seem to want to deal with them.

He has 18 months on his contract. He is settled in London. I don't think it will effect him too much although saying that the last window did. I don't think it will do as much this time because I think he will be sold by mutual consent, as it were, in the summer anyway. So I expect he will put his head down and be as good and as inconsistent as usual!

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Queens Park Rangers have received a £6million offer from Middlesbrough on 10:29 - Feb 2 with 1627 viewsDejR_vu

From a footballing point of view I think it's good he's stayed. Despite the criticism levelled at him I still think he's one of the players most likely to produce something. I don't buy in to the view that players like him can be picked up for a fraction of the price from lower down the pyramid.

But, as has rightly been pointed out, from a business perspective it doesn't make sense that he's still here. If it's the club being tough on value it looks a bit misguided. Refusing to sell a player for 80-90% of his valuation, only to sell him six months later for 50% of the valuation isn't being tough. Whenever any asset is sold there's an element of negotiation. There's being tough and there's being obstinate. The Austin deal looks suspiciously like the latter. Hopefully this doesn't go the same way.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Queens Park Rangers have received a £6million offer from Middlesbrough on 10:36 - Feb 2 with 1597 viewsBlue_Castello

Queens Park Rangers have received a £6million offer from Middlesbrough on 10:22 - Feb 2 by bosh67

To be fair to Matt he has to think of his family as well in terms of Boro. The club wanted more money and it seems obvious that there is some kind of bad blood at higher levels between us and WBA. We don't seem to want to deal with them.

He has 18 months on his contract. He is settled in London. I don't think it will effect him too much although saying that the last window did. I don't think it will do as much this time because I think he will be sold by mutual consent, as it were, in the summer anyway. So I expect he will put his head down and be as good and as inconsistent as usual!

Confused by that one Bosh because I would have thought we had a very good relationship with WBA after completing the Sandro deal, let's face it I didn't think anybody would take him. I read in a number of places that Jeremy Peace was playing "hardball" over the sale of Berahino and that they would only release funds to buy Philips if they sold Berahino, that may all be paper talk as usual.
Queens Park Rangers have received a £6million offer from Middlesbrough on 10:43 - Feb 2 with 1580 viewsrsonist

Queens Park Rangers have received a £6million offer from Middlesbrough on 09:34 - Feb 2 by daveB

£6m for an under-performing and disinterested player with 18 months on his contract is peanuts? The club's aim ought to be to sell for the best realistic price that comes in and move on forwards with its own business as soon as possible.
Queens Park Rangers have received a £6million offer from Middlesbrough on 12:08 - Feb 2 with 1519 viewsisawqpratwcity

He is the player with the highest resale value, maybe the only resale value, so we really should have sold him if we could. Like Austin's, his value shrinks as he gets closer to being out of contract.

But I don't see relegation as a likely threat this season (famous last words?) so I'd still say loan him out if we can and sell him next summer.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Queens Park Rangers have received a £6million offer from Middlesbrough on 12:51 - Feb 2 with 1455 viewsfrancisbowles

Queens Park Rangers have received a £6million offer from Middlesbrough on 12:08 - Feb 2 by isawqpratwcity

He is the player with the highest resale value, maybe the only resale value, so we really should have sold him if we could. Like Austin's, his value shrinks as he gets closer to being out of contract.

But I don't see relegation as a likely threat this season (famous last words?) so I'd still say loan him out if we can and sell him next summer.

We can only loan to Championship and below and I don't see him being interested or any value for us in that. Better to keep picking him and try and get him motivated. If it doesn't work after a few weeks give Petrasso a run.
Queens Park Rangers have received a £6million offer from Middlesbrough on 13:03 - Feb 2 with 1440 viewsjonno

Queens Park Rangers have received a £6million offer from Middlesbrough on 12:51 - Feb 2 by francisbowles

We can only loan to Championship and below and I don't see him being interested or any value for us in that. Better to keep picking him and try and get him motivated. If it doesn't work after a few weeks give Petrasso a run.

He's been uninterested all season, he is not going to start making an effort now. Drop him, stick him with the kids and give Petrasso (or others) a chance.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024